Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] European SubClasses
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:55 am 
Banned User

I doubt that something like that will happen. As far as I know you will only drop items if you are in pk state (or whatever its called). I never dropped neither items nor weapons, so you should not worry about that (I never got into pk state).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:41 am 
Casual Member

ok...so..um..I havn't played sro for over a year, and have no idea what subclass are. Let's say I'm thinking of being a 2h warrior. What does it mean to be a cleric as subclass?

Click>>>ImageImageImage<<<Click

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:23 pm 
Banned User

Senbonzakura wrote:
ok...so..um..I havn't played sro for over a year, and have no idea what subclass are. Let's say I'm thinking of being a 2h warrior. What does it mean to be a cleric as subclass?

Welcome back.
A subclass is the second mastery you can get with a european (Example: you are a full str and you level the mastery warrior from the beginning. Later, you decide to and start putting points into the cleric mastery. Then the cleric will be your subclass). Europeans can afford only 2 masteries (they get their mastery cap icreased by 2 each time they lvl), unlike chinese that have a fixed cap of 300 masteries from lvl 1. Also, europeans can do really good with even only 1 mastery, though with 2 masteries you will have a lot more abilities (but you will have to farm a little to make good use of your subclass). If you have any more questions, I will be glad to help.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:59 am 
Banned User

WolF414 wrote:
I want to ask If I am a wizzard/cleric and i keep the weapon I am not using in my bag..(so if im wizzard and have cleric rod in bag)
If I die is it possible to drop that weapon? If so that seems risky...

Thanks

Yes it is, but very very very very very rare; unless in the PK state, then your chances of dropping stuff triples. At the time I did not have any PK status whatsoever (and I had bard as main subclass), and during a union held taxi at Penons that I got killed by some party mob and dropped my harp.

Anyways, back on topic; for a Wizard, I would have to say the best subclass is Cleric. Sure with bard you get speed and noise, but you'll still have to run away like a pansy when you are soloing and fighting a giant or party champs. Sure, with bard you get speed; but you can also buy/make drug of wind/typhoon easily. Not to mention, who needs Noise when you have wizards invisibility to get you by every mob, not just regular/party mobs? Hell, I was able to take a rather slow tour of Taklamakan as a level 36, all without getting attacked because Invisibility works better than noise. After I changed my subclass from bard to cleric, I have not regretted it at all. I can solo that much easier, and with Bless Spell alone (still level 3x on my current character so I don't have recovery division yet), I can take on giants/party monsters that are my level, when soloing and not worry as much about dying. Additionally, with Cleric you can switch between light armor or robes; whereas if you choose bard as a subclass, you are pretty much stuck in robes for good. In short, Wizards lack HP + Cleric subclass provides HP = The two classes go hand in hand.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:14 pm 
Chronicle Writer

raphaell666 wrote:

II- Rogue
This is a very discussed one. In my opinion, the best subclass for xbow rogue will be bard. That is because in pvp and pve you will be able to 1 hit pretty much everything near your level. If you are not able to 1-3 hit something with CE or DD then you will have to run.

Not True. If your using Xbow which is the preferred PvE weapon your KB and KD skills will more than compensate if your not able to 1 hit mobs. In PvP if yoru Using Daggers or Xbow chances are you'll often encounter ppl you can't kill in 1-3 hits which is where sub-classes are supposed to help out. Theres tons of rogue videos out there showing Rogues having fights that can last as long as any Chinese PvP battle.

Cleric will be a great help while you are with CE or DD activated, you will have pretty much normal defense, with super attack, this will be a great help while pvping.

Not True. Its been tested b4 that casting Bless while having DD or CX active will not cancel out the effects of either you defense will still be extremely low and only slightly higher because DD and CX work in % not in points. If your using CX you'll benfit from Bless slightly because it will increase yoru Magic Defense since CX doesn't impede on that anyway.

While you are in pve, cleric will not be that usefull, it will only help when you get some mobs on you, or fighting a giant or party monster. With cleric you will also have recovery division, that lasts for a lot of time, and works as an autopot, this is an really great help, in both pvp and pve.

Recovery Division is great help in both party and Solo PvP. A Smart Rogue with a Cleric sub will simply cast bless if they get overwhelmed and fight off the mobs and then re-cast DD or CX when they are out of danger. Bards best PvE offering is Noise which won't help if your mobbed by champions or giants.

I do not know much about daggers rogue, but I think that its not so different from xbow rogue.

There is a big difference. Xbows and Dagger rogues have completely different playing style. One uses close combat and is always in the thick of the fight while the other stays far away and has access to range. Because of this they benefit differently from different subs. An Xbow user will benifit more from Noise than a Dagger rogue for example.

A lot of people will argue that with cleric as sub you will be able to tank, but you will never tank like an warrior, and without CE or DD an warrior would probably hit equal or more than you would. In pvp, probably your worst enemy will be warrior. Chineses using snow shields of around 50%, according to bigbamboo will not be able to outstand your hits, but they will probably represent some danger to you. Warriors will probably have cleric as sub and they already have mana skin and iron skin, so they will be able to tank for 45+45 = 90 seconds.

Any warrior with a Cleric or Warlock Subclass will be a problem for Rogues as well as plain Warlocks. But if a Rogue has Warlock Sub-class this immediately negates the staying power of Warriors making it the Best in terms of 1vs1 PvP.

Unfortunately there is no perfect build. Rogue/Warlock is not a good choice. If you want a high damage dealer with warlock as sub, then go Wizard/Warlock. You will be able to use warlock attacks and dots with ease as you will be an full int.

You clearly haven't seen a Rogue/Warlock in action. I could say alot but i'll refer you to this video. Rogue/Warlock PvP Compilation and leave it at that.

Nice attempt for a first time guide but you clearly lacked knowledge about Rogues and how they benifit from different sub-classes which i found very disappointing. I don't expect you to have used all these sub-classes yourself but you could've at least asked around the forum to get a better idea how they work. Giving people misleading and at times incorrect information is not the way to go just to complete your guide because ppl read these things and take them to heart.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:49 pm 
Banned User

XemnasXD wrote:
This is a very discussed one. In my opinion, the best subclass for xbow rogue will be bard. That is because in pvp and pve you will be able to 1 hit pretty much everything near your level. If you are not able to 1-3 hit something with CE or DD then you will have to run.

Not True. If your using Xbow which is the preferred PvE weapon your KB and KD skills will more than compensate if your not able to 1 hit mobs. In PvP if yoru Using Daggers or Xbow chances are you'll often encounter ppl you can't kill in 1-3 hits which is where sub-classes are supposed to help out. Theres tons of rogue videos out there showing Rogues having fights that can last as long as any Chinese PvP battle.

I barely used a rogue. This guide has been here for a long time. You could have come earlier dont you think? I needed someone with experience on these classes to evaluate what I stated, and I'm glad you've came. I will be editing soon.

Cleric will be a great help while you are with CE or DD activated, you will have pretty much normal defense, with super attack, this will be a great help while pvping.

Not True. Its been tested b4 that casting Bless while having DD or CX active will not cancel out the effects of either you defense will still be extremely low and only slightly higher because DD and CX work in % not in points. If your using CX you'll benfit from Bless slightly because it will increase yoru Magic Defense since CX doesn't impede on that anyway.

I asked about this matter. And I was told that CE and DD didnt affected bless improving.
bigbamboo wrote:
Quote:
Does CE and DD % less in defence, also affect the defense of bless spell? I mean: Lets say bless spell give you 100 def, if you use DD will you get 100 extra defense or only 25 because of the -75% ?

Even lvl 1 gives a bit more then 100 extra defence but yes you will get 100 extra def and not 25 of the -75%,Bless makes up for the loss of xbowextreme or DD giving the Rogue/Cleric user a feel that he's like normal defense with super damage for 45 sec.

Who am I supposed to believe in?

While you are in pve, cleric will not be that usefull, it will only help when you get some mobs on you, or fighting a giant or party monster. With cleric you will also have recovery division, that lasts for a lot of time, and works as an autopot, this is an really great help, in both pvp and pve.

Recovery Division is great help in both party and Solo PvP. A Smart Rogue with a Cleric sub will simply cast bless if they get overwhelmed and fight off the mobs and then re-cast DD or CX when they are out of danger. Bards best PvE offering is Noise which won't help if your mobbed by champions or giants.

Thats pretty much what I said.

I do not know much about daggers rogue, but I think that its not so different from xbow rogue.

There is a big difference. Xbows and Dagger rogues have completely different playing style. One uses close combat and is always in the thick of the fight while the other stays far away and has access to range. Because of this they benefit differently from different subs. An Xbow user will benifit more from Noise than a Dagger rogue for example.

Didnt know.

A lot of people will argue that with cleric as sub you will be able to tank, but you will never tank like an warrior, and without CE or DD an warrior would probably hit equal or more than you would. In pvp, probably your worst enemy will be warrior. Chineses using snow shields of around 50%, according to bigbamboo will not be able to outstand your hits, but they will probably represent some danger to you. Warriors will probably have cleric as sub and they already have mana skin and iron skin, so they will be able to tank for 45+45 = 90 seconds.

Any warrior with a Cleric or Warlock Subclass will be a problem for Rogues as well as plain Warlocks. But if a Rogue has Warlock Sub-class this immediately negates the staying power of Warriors making it the Best in terms of 1vs1 PvP.

I see.

Unfortunately there is no perfect build. Rogue/Warlock is not a good choice. If you want a high damage dealer with warlock as sub, then go Wizard/Warlock. You will be able to use warlock attacks and dots with ease as you will be an full int.

You clearly haven't seen a Rogue/Warlock in action. I could say alot but i'll refer you to this video. Rogue/Warlock PvP Compilation and leave it at that.
Yes, I havent. You are right.

XemnasXD wrote:
Nice attempt for a first time guide but you clearly lacked knowledge about Rogues and how they benifit from different sub-classes which i found very disappointing. I don't expect you to have used all these sub-classes yourself but you could've at least asked around the forum to get a better idea how they work. Giving people misleading and at times incorrect information is not the way to go just to complete your guide because ppl read these things and take them to heart.

I know, as I said, you could have came with this earlier. Though I will be editing the guide soon. Sorry for not asking around about rogues. Thanks for all your help on rogues. If you can help on anything else, I will be waiting.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:58 pm 
Chronicle Writer

if you go into into the character and and search <insertclass> and then sub-class or something along those lines you'll probably find tons of topics related to the issue because sub classes for every class have been discussed b4 in that section and in depth. It was during one of those discussion that someone posted pics that showed everyone the effects Bless has when using DD and CX....we learn from each other.

i stopped by when this guide was in its early development and there wasn't much here so then i parted >>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:10 pm 
Banned User

XemnasXD wrote:
if you go into into the character and and search <insertclass> and then sub-class or something along those lines you'll probably find tons of topics related to the issue because sub classes for every class have been discussed b4 in that section and in depth. It was during one of those discussion that someone posted pics that showed everyone the effects Bless has when using DD and CX....we learn from each other.

i stopped by when this guide was in its early development and there wasn't much here so then i parted >>

I had completely stopped and retired from playing silkroad for almost 2 months. That must have passed by while I was away. I'm sorry for that. This will not happen again. No need to keep bothering me about this matter. I know that I was wrong. Period.

If someone else find more wrong things that I havent edited, please feel free to correct me. I will not get angry or anything like that. But just dont post shit. Do like XemnasXD made (post a complete reply).

EDIT: The guide has been edited.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:17 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

what will be the best subclass for a rogue and wizard if I mainly PvE ( solo sometime party) and job

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:49 pm 
Banned User

Cleric. Especially for wizard.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:31 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

ok thank you

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:34 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Thanks for the guide, it helped me pic my subclass, I am a rogue/warlock and I am glad I chose warlock, the extra offence is really fun. I love just using toxion and burning and stuff and watch then drain till they die.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:43 pm 
Banned User

arkknight66 wrote:
Thanks for the guide, it helped me pic my subclass, I am a rogue/warlock and I am glad I chose warlock, the extra offence is really fun. I love just using toxion and burning and stuff and watch then drain till they die.

I'm glad to know it helped you. 8)