Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Did this guide HELP/WAS USEFUL TO YOU?
Yes 89%  89%  [ 142 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 159
 Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Warrior/Warlock Build
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:20 am 

does higher lvl AOE skills require the lower lvl single target skills?
cuz at konpaku, they did not say that phy ravage requires phy raze,
wrath daze needs daze
deep slumber needs slumber etc.

so u dun hv to lvl up the lower skills if u are plvled?

and 1 more qn, does wrath daze and daze share same cd? same as deep slumber and slumber, do they share the skill cd?

nice guide btw

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:10 am 
Frequent Member

CLOT wrote:
wrath daze needs daze

and 1 more qn, does wrath daze and daze share same cd? same as deep slumber and slumber, do they share the skill cd?

nice guide btw

Thing is, Physical Ravage has a bigger casting time then Physical Raze. The shorter the casting time, the better. So, in my opinion, you're better off only leveling the single-target attacks rather than AoE ones. (Although the AoE debuffers come very handy in group fighting events)

For your second question, no, Daze and Wrath Daze do not share the same cooldown. Different cooldown for the slumbers as well. Use them wisely. =)

@Feataler

2h is very useful, especially against those with a lot of defense on them. While 1H is more superior in providing defense, 2H will provide with more offensive power. I personally enjoy combining 2H skills with 1H and Dual Axe skills that require an opponent to be knocked down.
[Ex.
- Use Turn Rising for KD. (2H skill)
- Switch to 1H and to Cunning Stab while opponent is knocked down -or- switch to Dual Axe and use Deadly Counter. Both work, but Dual Axe has a higher probability of having more criticals.]

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:26 am 

why would axe have more crits than 1h?

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:38 am 

Fug_Dup wrote:
CLOT wrote:
wrath daze needs daze

nice guide btw

Thing is, Physical Ravage has a bigger casting time then Physical Raze. The shorter the casting time, the better. So, in my opinion, you're better off only leveling the single-target attacks rather than AoE ones. (Although the AoE debuffers come very handy in group fighting events)

For your second question, no, Daze and Wrath Daze do not share the same cooldown. Different cooldown for the slumbers as well. Use them wisely. =)

@Feataler

2h is very useful, especially against those with a lot of defense on them. While 1H is more superior in providing defense, 2H will provide with more offensive power. I personally enjoy combining 2H skills with 1H and Dual Axe skills that require an opponent to be knocked down.
[Ex.
- Use Turn Rising for KD. (2H skill)
- Switch to 1H and to Cunning Stab while opponent is knocked down -or- switch to Dual Axe and use Deadly Counter. Both work, but Dual Axe has a higher probability of having more criticals.]

thx for the reply, i saw all the AOE higher lvl slubmers/ravage/daze etc. all hv a much longer cd, 2x the cd time, but u mention they hv a longer casting time as well? (or the bigger casting time u said = skill cooldown time?)

Quote:
no, Daze and Wrath Daze do not share the same cooldown. Different cooldown for the slumbers as well

so that means warlock has 2 stuns and 2 slumbers to start with? lol

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:53 am 
Frequent Member

pizzagirl2008 wrote:

Strictly speaking from my own experiences, my 1H (with a critical of 14) has crit a knocked down opponent less than my Dual Axes (critical 11). Both Cunnning Stab and Deadly Counter deal 4 hits but other skills, such as Critical Rush, which has more hits than any 1H skill has a larger probability of dealing more critical hits because it has more chances to do so. My 1H still crits a lot when the opponent isn't knocked down though. My 1H's KD crit must be broken. =[

@CLOT

Yes, all the AoE skills have a higher casting time than single-target skills. I'd estimate the time to be about 2.0 seconds for casting AoE skills while the single-target skills take less than a second to cast. :)

And yes, when you have all your stun skills and slumber skills, you will have a total of 4 skills to immobilize your opponent. All with separate cooldowns. Like I mentioned before, the only difference is that Wrath Daze and Deep Slumber (the AoE skills) have a higher casting time, making them less convenient to use unless its a group fight. =]

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:17 am 

Fug_Dup wrote:
pizzagirl2008 wrote:

Strictly speaking from my own experiences, my 1H (with a critical of 14) has crit a knocked down opponent less than my Dual Axes (critical 11). Both Cunnning Stab and Deadly Counter deal 4 hits but other skills, such as Critical Rush, which has more hits than any 1H skill has a larger probability of dealing more critical hits because it has more chances to do so. My 1H still crits a lot when the opponent isn't knocked down though. My 1H's KD crit must be broken. =[

@CLOT

Yes, all the AoE skills have a higher casting time than single-target skills. I'd estimate the time to be about 2.0 seconds for casting AoE skills while the single-target skills take less than a second to cast. :)

And yes, when you have all your stun skills and slumber skills, you will have a total of 4 skills to immobilize your opponent. All with separate cooldowns. Like I mentioned before, the only difference is that Wrath Daze and Deep Slumber (the AoE skills) have a higher casting time, making them less convenient to use unless its a group fight. =]

lol i see, who can beat a warlock wif 2 stun 2 sleep :shock:
overpowering
i would only lvl up stun/sleep AOE and vampire kiss then :P

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:53 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Is there any chance of you, if you can add a section in your guide, how to set up the skill bars and side-bar for maximum performance of this build?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:11 am 
Casual Member

CLOT wrote:
overpowering

2 sleeps has same cooldown (20sec). Practically you can use one at a time.

2 stuns has different cooldowns. One has 20sec other has 10sec cooldown.(I might be wrong here)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:21 am 
Addicted Member

ZoloEX wrote:
Is there any chance of you, if you can add a section in your guide, how to set up the skill bars and side-bar for maximum performance of this build?

the dude was banned
hopefully someone else can answer it though...

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:12 am 
Frequent Member

ZoloEX wrote:

dunno if this will help but this is how i do mine:
F1
F2(for parties)
F3
QuickSlot:

Just do wats easiest and most comfortable to you. You want weapons to be easily switchable and your warlock skills somewhere where you have no problem using them.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:28 am 

I dont know what you guys think but I honest dont think this build will own in pvp or job or something like that.
I said that not without any reasons though. I pvped with a full farmed 1h/2h/ warlock in my server with +5 lightarmor set on. He is very strong, know exactly how to play his build properly and pretty much can beat alot of people in my server, but somehow he dont really last against me. All I did against him was turning on my vital increase and let him curse, debuffs and do all his hits on me, as soon as my slumber and daze wear off, I just knock him down and turn on dagger, turn on DD and finish him off on the ground :roll:
Beside, against cleric sub chars, this warlock build is useless except stun and slumber, which, at 90 cap, there will be blues added to accessories that reduce stun and slumber's effect times as well.
I dont see any points in doing this build, to be honest.

Lvl: 90 Full farmed
My pvp Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTIeTJrbxY
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=BHC4sUW8Ij4&feature=user

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:35 am 
Casual Member

weymouthhall wrote:
He is very strong, know exactly how to play his build properly and pretty much can beat alot of people in my server,

What about you?

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:09 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Pawnage wrote:
ZoloEX wrote:

dunno if this will help but this is how i do mine:
F1
F2(for parties)
F3
QuickSlot:

Just do wats easiest and most comfortable to you. You want weapons to be easily switchable and your warlock skills somewhere where you have no problem using them.

That looks like a reasonable way to set up the skill bars and side-bar.

Thank you for this.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:19 am 

painsit wrote:
weymouthhall wrote:
He is very strong, know exactly how to play his build properly and pretty much can beat alot of people in my server,

What about you?

That said it all.
I dont say im the best in my server, im among the best and I can beat the best :wink:

My pvp Videos:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:59 am 
Common Member

can a warrior warlock beat a warrior(1h,2h,DA)/cleric, just with whell blind and ultimate reflect? ^^ i need test it but i want know some opinions

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:06 am 

carnage wrote:
can a warrior warlock beat a warrior(1h,2h,DA)/cleric, just with whell blind and ultimate reflect? ^^ i need test it but i want know some opinions

It will be a long a tedious fight, but I think they will fare out evenly. Warrior/ cleric cant kill warrior/warlock when he keep stunning every 5 secs, warrior/ warlock cant kill warrior/ cleric with back-to-back iron skins and bless spell and recovery division. Resemblance of glaiver vs glaiver i guess :roll:

My pvp Videos:

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:16 am 
Frequent Member

CLOT wrote:
overpowering

Whoops, I was wrong. :(

Slumber and Deep Slumber share the same cooldown. So it's actually 3 skills to immobilize your opponent, not 4. :P

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:44 am 
Common Member

weymouthhall wrote:
carnage wrote:

It will be a long a tedious fight, but I think they will fare out evenly. Warrior/ cleric cant kill warrior/warlock when he keep stunning every 5 secs, warrior/ warlock cant kill warrior/ cleric with back-to-back iron skins and bless spell and recovery division. Resemblance of glaiver vs glaiver i guess :roll:

mm ye maybe, btw some advice of how beat a rogue xbow sub cleric? they kd kb a lot <.< with the chinices i dont have problem ^^ btw i found a nice video of warrior warlock watch it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr-MFN1BAso

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:25 am 
Banned User

Nice guide,
Im making 1h/bard. I don't have much experience with it. My question is how well do you do in fortress war. Be specific please. :D

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:24 pm 
Frequent Member

Sky wrote:
Nice guide,
Im making 1h/bard. I don't have much experience with it. My question is how well do you do in fortress war. Be specific please. :D

I'd say it's a pretty good build for fortress wars. I don't go on a killing spree or anything either. I leave that to the damage-dealing builds.

My role in fortress is basically debuffing opponents while my party attacks and casting Warrior buffs on my party. Clerics are not an issue at all in fortress wards because it's so fast-paced that most of the times people will just forget to take Cleric buffs and go straight into fights.

I do get my fair share of kills tohugh (around 55 or so every war) but it's better for the party that I act as a debuffer/buffer because we have a better chance of surviving that way.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:21 am 
Banned User

Fug_Dup wrote:
Sky wrote:
Nice guide,

I'd say it's a pretty good build for fortress wars. I don't go on a killing spree or anything either. I leave that to the damage-dealing builds.

My role in fortress is basically debuffing opponents while my party attacks and casting Warrior buffs on my party. Clerics are not an issue at all in fortress wards because it's so fast-paced that most of the times people will just forget to take Cleric buffs and go straight into fights.

I do get my fair share of kills tohugh (around 55 or so every war) but it's better for the party that I act as a debuffer/buffer because we have a better chance of surviving that way.

I see. Would you prefer wizard/cleric over this build.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:05 am 

painsit wrote:
weymouthhall wrote:

What about you?

basically, in my server, i(ff blader) cant beat warlock/warrior (daibang in this case in mercury), but i do stand some chance against weymouthhall (warrior/rogue) :P

sorry light but did i beat u couple of times :P or was it luck/lag :P

but honestly, i lost 70% of the time against such "unique" builds, BUT it requies a GOOD player, 1 that knows actually how to use their build properly
kerno is warrior/rogue but i pwn him easy w/o even snow shield or ironwall :banghead:

and weymouthhall's warrior/rogue is definitely 1 of the best on my server, only build that stand a high chance against warrior/rogue, warrior/warlock is a chinese force bow (aka. yourkiller for example :P)

Quote:
Yes, all the AoE skills have a higher casting time than single-target skills. I'd estimate the time to be about 2.0 seconds for casting AoE skills while the single-target skills take less than a second to cast.

i guess vampire kiss(AOE) is the exception?
cuz fr youtube vid, vampire kiss seems to cast faster than the single target vampire touch

Right?

Fug_Dup wrote:
CLOT wrote:

overpowering

Whoops, I was wrong. :(

Slumber and Deep Slumber share the same cooldown. So it's actually 3 skills to immobilize your opponent, not 4. :P

ok thx :D
still i will lvl up both sleep, AOE sleep and stun is important when a group of 3-5 chasing u down IMO
but 1v1 juz 2 stuns + slumber will do the job i guess

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:27 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

You're guide is useful ^^
But i don't like euro pot delay,it sux............
But the Warrior/Warlock build is very strong i got killed 4 time by a build like this

Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help. To be accepted as a hacker, you have to behave as though you have this kind of attitude yourself. And to behave as though you have the attitude, you have to really believe the attitude.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:35 am 

Hehe Jun, Thanks for pointing that out there :D
I got bored after pvping too much that I just let loose sometimes (too much wins are bored too, believe it or not :( ).
I personally respect warrior/ warlock build, its definitely a unique and powerful build. Just that I havent found one that can use that type of build to defeat me, thats why I still have questions about this build :?
Warlock sub is pretty much useless against cleric sub chars, except stun and slumeber. That is another major drawback of this build that made me question. Unlike warrior/ rogue, which is not affected by any other sub, warrior/ warlock, if going up against cleric sub chars, 90% of warlock skills are useless. :x
Trust me, I tested myself against Daibang( probably best warrior/ warlock char in my server), he couldnt beat me no matter what tactics he tried to use.
As I said, too much wins is boring too :(
Btw, dont fool yourself that force bower can actually stands a chance against me. I agree decurses, knocbak, decurses, knock backs are annoying, but if you know how and when to use the curse pills, force bowers prove to be pretty useless against me. YourKiller, forcebower, the self-proclaimed best bower in the server, didnt even stand a chance against me. Sad sad

My pvp Videos:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:41 am 
Casual Member

weymouthhall wrote:
I got bored after pvping too much that I just let loose sometimes (too much wins are bored too, believe it or not :( ).
I personally respect warrior/ warlock build, its definitely a unique and powerful build. Just that I havent found one that can use that type of build to defeat me, thats why I still have questions about this build :?
Warlock sub is pretty much useless against cleric sub chars, except stun and slumeber. That is another major drawback of this build that made me question. Unlike warrior/ rogue, which is not affected by any other sub, warrior/ warlock, if going up against cleric sub chars, 90% of warlock skills are useless. :x
Trust me, I tested myself against Daibang( probably best warrior/ warlock char in my server), he couldnt beat me no matter what tactics he tried to use.
Btw, dont fool yourself that force bower can actually stands a chance against me. I agree decurses, knocbak, decurses, knock backs are annoying, but if you know how and when to use the curse pills, force bowers prove to be pretty useless against me. YourKiller, forcebower, the self-proclaimed best bower in the server, didnt even stand a chance against me. Sad sad

I wrote those in another warrior sub thread. According to you, I need revise the PvP part :(

PainSIT wrote:
IMO cleric, warlock and rague are best fits for a warrior. (I really don't understand what people find in bard. BARD=cleric of wizards.)

CLERIC: Easy to play. Good for both PvE and PvP.
WARLOCK: Hard to play. Good mainly for PvP.
RAGUE: Moderate to play. Good for both PvP and PvE.

PvE (IMO): Rague(10pt)>Cleric(9pt)>Bard(8pt)>Warlock(6pt)
PvP (IMO): Well, it depends, but this is the overall order:
Warlock(10pt)>Rague(9pt)>Cleric(7pt)>Bard(4pt)

Wow, I officially said Rague is the best subclass, although I am warrior/warlock myself Lets fix this. Warlock is the most fun :D

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:55 am 

weymouthhall wrote:

hmm, its fun when u can stun/sleep (or debuff if there is no holyspell) enemy in group fights
hehe

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:58 pm 
Common Member

Sky wrote:
Nice guide,

i cant give u my opinion cuz i have never been in FW, so check this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H27s_YCvoEQ

IMO warrior/rogue is a versatil build u can tank in pt or be a damage dealer if is needed, but in pvp the sub rogue dont help at all, is like have a warrior/bard or rogue/bard for PVP is useless, can be good in other stuff like job, FW but for pvp i dont think so.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:48 pm 

carnage wrote:
Sky wrote:
Nice guide,

IMO warrior/rogue is a versatil build u can tank in pt or be a damage dealer if is needed, but in pvp the sub rogue dont help at all, is like have a warrior/bard or rogue/bard for PVP is useless, can be good in other stuff like job, FW but for pvp i dont think so.

Let me ask you this, how will you be able to survive when a warrior/ rogue do daredevil hits on you, knock u down on the floor, change to dagger, turn on dagger desperate, mortals wounds? Will you be able to survive that amounts of damage inflicted upon you in just a couple of seconds? :roll:

My pvp Videos:

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:06 pm 
Common Member

as i said they have no buff that help them(no sub cleric sub warlock) then i just stun debuff trap+sleep and attack, is like kill a warrior with no sub or a rogue with no sub, they die easy, if he KD me change to rogue + desperate and mortal wounds i think i die (if i dont have iron skin in use+ my shield dont block)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:14 am 
Frequent Member

weymouthhall wrote:
carnage wrote:
Sky wrote:
Nice guide,

Let me ask you this, how will you be able to survive when a warrior/ rogue do daredevil hits on you, knock u down on the floor, change to dagger, turn on dagger desperate, mortals wounds? Will you be able to survive that amounts of damage inflicted upon you in just a couple of seconds? :roll:

From my experiences, a Warrior without sub-Cleric or sub-Warlock is very easy to kill. A Rogue with ANY sub is easy to kill (Few defensive passives + no shield = bad def). This is the thing though- ANY build that is not immune to Warlock debuffs is pretty much dead in a few seconds, which is why Warrior/Warlocks fair so well in PvP versus Chinese characters or anyone without Cleric sub. And even then, characters with Cleric sub do not pose that great a danger anyway. I'm not saying I'm invincible, because I'm not (my irritated opponents usually call their friends for assistance and I will die when 4+ people attack me :(), but I am well prepared for most 1 v 1 situations.

And as a matter of fact, yes, I WOULD survive that attack because I know how to play my build. I'd simply do Vital Increase and Iron Skin, and let you have your fun, and if I grew bored of your attacks, I could just stun you with Warlock followed by Disease, Division, Decay, Wheel Bind, Bloody Trap, and Slumber and finish you off with either Daring Berserker or Daredevil. Of course, as a Warlock I still always take in consideration the Debuff pill bug and will wait until my opponent has cleared all my stats away. If they have, I'll just do my debuffs all over again which takes about 4 seconds and they will have the debuff pill delay which gives me time to finish them off. Simple. If I really wanted to be cruel, I would simply stun you before you attack me then do Advanced Reflect, switch to 1h and do Vital increase and let you have your fun. I will have 32k HP and every time you attack me, you will risk killing yourself in the process. =) You can't imagine how many Rogues and Wizards I've killed that way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next