Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Did this guide HELP/WAS USEFUL TO YOU?
Yes 89%  89%  [ 142 ]
No 11%  11%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 159
 Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] Warrior/Warlock Build
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:20 am 
Common Member

almost the same that i said but with a lil more things^^

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:34 am 

Yes, FugDup, I understand the strategies that u are talking about. The warrior/ warlock in my server used the exact same strategies on me when we pvp too. The major drawback of that is with ironskin, u can only cast it every 1 mins, with vital increase, every 2 mins, as soon as u switch to warlock for debuffs, those vital and iron skin disappear, what will you do after that then :roll:
I also have vital increase and iron skin as well :roll:

Lvl: 90 Full farmed
My pvp Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTIeTJrbxY
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=BHC4sUW8Ij4&feature=user

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:45 am 

Very nice and organized guide, good job.

A.K.A Blackwolf

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:08 am 
Common Member

weymouthhall wrote:
Yes, FugDup, I understand the strategies that u are talking about. The warrior/ warlock in my server used the exact same strategies on me when we pvp too. The major drawback of that is with ironskin, u can only cast it every 1 mins, with vital increase, every 2 mins, as soon as u switch to warlock for debuffs, those vital and iron skin disappear, what will you do after that then :roll:

im not FugDup but i doubt that some warrior/warlock start the pvp using iron +vital lols, how kill u? easy, stun+debuff+trap+sleep, attack with daredevill, KD, change to s/s and use cunning stab (if that dont kill you and the trap dindt explote yet) shield crush +spring assasult+ daring berzerker or cunning stab( you dont even touch me^^) ,lets say u used iron skill i just sleep stun shield crush you till the iron is over and repeat the same strategy that i said.

(notice that we are talking about this in 2 topics <.< choose one and lets talk there to no waste time posting the same about the same questions lol)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:08 am 
Frequent Member

weymouthhall wrote:

You are either lying or the warrior/warlock you fought against is clueless about his build lol.

Let me explain..
I would NEVER use Vital increase against a STR build lol. Sorry, I was just blowing a lot of smoke in your face to see what you'd say. :) In fact, the only times I've ever used Iron Skin against a STR build is when they're full sun. I don't need it. You are correct in one aspect though; that this build is not perfect (mine). I say this because I've fought and won versus other warrior/warlocks in my server who do not know how to use the build. You, like others before you, left off a very important part of this argument- the human variable. We can sit here and argue for hours about how my build is better than yours and vice versa, but truth of the matter is that we will never actually know unless someone is able to replicate me in your server and replicate you in mine. But even so, fact of the matter is you still have no protection against warlock curses other than a pill bug, which I can work around quite easily because I am experienced.

This is the thing that bothers me though. When you explain to me how Iron Skin works and telling me that it'll go away once I switch weapons as if your build is somehow immune to this. o.O Sorry, but it isn't. As soon as you switch to daggers, your Iron Skin goes away as well leaving you with low defense and no protection. A quick stun and a Daredevil gets the job done. In conclusion, any build that isn't immune to my curses stands no chance. And that's a fact, not just an elaborate opinion. =)

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:02 pm 
Casual Member

Fug_Dup wrote:
weymouthhall wrote:

You are either lying or the warrior/warlock you fought against is clueless about his build lol.

Let me explain..
I would NEVER use Vital increase against a STR build lol. Sorry, I was just blowing a lot of smoke in your face to see what you'd say. :) In fact, the only times I've ever used Iron Skin against a STR build is when they're full sun. I don't need it. You are correct in one aspect though; that this build is not perfect (mine). I say this because I've fought and won versus other warrior/warlocks in my server who do not know how to use the build. You, like others before you, left off a very important part of this argument- the human variable. We can sit here and argue for hours about how my build is better than yours and vice versa, but truth of the matter is that we will never actually know unless someone is able to replicate me in your server and replicate you in mine. But even so, fact of the matter is you still have no protection against warlock curses other than a pill bug, which I can work around quite easily because I am experienced.

This is the thing that bothers me though. When you explain to me how Iron Skin works and telling me that it'll go away once I switch weapons as if your build is somehow immune to this. o.O Sorry, but it isn't. As soon as you switch to daggers, your Iron Skin goes away as well leaving you with low defense and no protection. A quick stun and a Daredevil gets the job done. In conclusion, any build that isn't immune to my curses stands no chance. And that's a fact, not just an elaborate opinion. =)

I think, I understand the strategy of "weymouthhall". Use warrior(never start with rogue) until KD , then immediately switch to rogue, DD, attack. No one can survive unless you block. Switch back to warrior for another opponent. Good, easy and effective strategy.

But, "Fug_Dup" is also right. Once you caught warlock debuffs, you cant survive. Even if you use pills, he can catch you again.

It would be a fair fight though, I can imagine. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:15 am 

Painsit, thats my point too. If the opponent can survive the dagger desperate hits while on the ground, especially warlock sub, I wouldn't be so dumb as keep hitting away with dagger, of course I'll have to switch bak to sword and shield and try to find another opening agian. My build is mainly focused on weapon switch( which im pretty adept at) and situations adaptations. I know dagger desperate do quite insane damages but if caught, u pretty much are dead as well :wink: . I only use dagger desperate once im sure that my opponent wont be able to fight bak and during that split second moment, i can finish the fight :roll:
Warlock is great fun with stun and slumber, but wats the point if 90% of the whole tree is neutralized by a single holy spell from cleric skills. Thats just too questionable, IMO. I dont know

Lvl: 90 Full farmed
My pvp Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTIeTJrbxY
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=BHC4sUW8Ij4&feature=user

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:55 am 

whats this "pill bug" everyone talking about? and how to perform it?

hi fug! remember me? thx for showing how to use this build btw...im still farming -_-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:05 pm 
Frequent Member

weymouthhall wrote:
Painsit, thats my point too. If the opponent can survive the dagger desperate hits while on the ground, especially warlock sub, I wouldn't be so dumb as keep hitting away with dagger, of course I'll have to switch bak to sword and shield and try to find another opening agian. My build is mainly focused on weapon switch( which im pretty adept at) and situations adaptations. I know dagger desperate do quite insane damages but if caught, u pretty much are dead as well :wink: . I only use dagger desperate once im sure that my opponent wont be able to fight bak and during that split second moment, i can finish the fight :roll:
Warlock is great fun with stun and slumber, but wats the point if 90% of the whole tree is neutralized by a single holy spell from cleric skills. Thats just too questionable, IMO. I dont know

I personally do not view Holy Spell as an obstacle, just a challenge. It means that I have to rethink my strategy to fight my opponent. It's not impossible, nor is it difficult. It requires a few more seconds on planning but that's about it.

pizzagirl2008 wrote:
whats this "pill bug" everyone talking about? and how to perform it?

hi fug! remember me? thx for showing how to use this build btw...im still farming -_-

Hey Pizza! XD Since everyone pretty much knows about it, I suppose it does no harm in explaining it. The special universal pills (the really expensive blue ones) have a 15 second delay for usage, meaning you can use only 1 every 15 seconds. If I had debuffed someone with all my skills, they could simply spam their pill hot key and multiple special pills will be used at once removing every status the person has on them.

Unfair? Maybe. But there is an easy enough solution for Warlocks. =)

After the opponent has successfully removed all the statuses, do them all over again. The faster you do them the better. Since they activated the special pills, they will now have a 15 second delay activated. They will not be able to use the pills again until the delay has finished counting down. The thing that helps the most is the fast casting time of Warlock debuffs. For only Division, Decay, Disease, and Wheel Bind it takes roughly 2-3 seconds (cast Vampire Kiss/Touch first for Disease Status), leaving you with more than enough time to seriously harm the enemy or kill them. So in the end, they'll be dead and would have wasted upwards 500k for a few useless pills. =]

And good luck with the farming! I don't play my character anymore because I honestly grew tired the short PvPs. I haven't even tried levelling but I did win a PvP versus a level 85 glavier not too long ago. :P I just hate the idea that I'll be level 90 and still be killing people in less than 15 seconds. o.O

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:08 am 

oh fug don't give up on lvling...perhaps someone will be competent enough to challenge you at 90 cap :D

or you could try farm up enough sox to face shaitan alone hehe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:53 pm 
Banned User

Could we use Heavy Armor, till like a certain level?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:24 pm 
Common Member

most of the mobs are str, IMO use robe for pvp ints, job or stuff like that, for lvling and party stay with heavy armor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:38 pm 
Banned User

Ahh ty i got some questions.

Are they hard too level? 1h/lock. If yes. Would it change if i went 2h/lock?

Also, What all debuffs do i need?, I've read em all in first page, but doesn't say which ones too get and stuff.

I was planning to make 1, But wanna do a little research first. :P

Thanks,
Cory

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:36 am 
Frequent Member

Waffelz wrote:
Ahh ty i got some questions.

Are they hard too level? 1h/lock. If yes. Would it change if i went 2h/lock?

Also, What all debuffs do i need?, I've read em all in first page, but doesn't say which ones too get and stuff.

I was planning to make 1, But wanna do a little research first. :P

Thanks,
Cory

If you're soloing, 1h sword can be pretty difficult, unless you're going to party (partying will make things A LOT easier). I'd say 2h should make a difference because u can solo pretty good and u do decemt dmg, even without debuffs. For me, i got: physical raze, combat raze, and courage raze. IMO magical raze isn't worth it since you're full str and don't do phy dmg. The ravages i didn't get because i didn't think it was worth getting it since all it is is the razes with aoe.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:06 pm 
Loyal Member

in your pvp guide

you should include using the dull/bleed dots as well, dull helps your warrior hits higher, and bleed too

if anything it'll just drain other persons pills :S kind of mean but meh lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:02 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

1 word
GREAT
damn man this guide is good.. that first movie made me totally wanna go s/s with warlock =D lvl 24 atm

I swear, if someone made an instrument that allows you to stab people in the face through the screen - he'd be so rich and you'd be so dead.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:34 pm 
Common Member

okay ... FINNALY. I found the build that fits to me! Good Tanking! Awesum PVP! Euro! :D 1h/warlock.
But i have a few skills i need to ask about. Fug_Dup guide to 1h+2h/warlock guide said, that you should take Dark Decayed and Dark Breath also from warlock. Are they needed and useful for 1h/warlock?
THX!

Quitted that piece of shiet game.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:10 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

well if you are gonna go 1h/warlock do dont need the dull status from warlock bec you use shield crush for that but if you are full farmed take it will save you some time

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:23 am 
Loyal Member

Nice guide ;) not for me but for the aspiring people that are going to take this build on :D

"I'm not an evolved being, how dare you call me that" - Christian

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:45 am 
Common Member

VERY interesting PVP build. I wnat to try it out, but i always feel so exposed without my noise skill xD.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:25 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Great guide! Just got back into sro, convinced me to make this build and now it's my main account d(^_^)b
Just one question,
im planning to get both 1h and 2h skills, as when you're up against a holy ward user your debuffs are kinda screwed :banghead: ; so maybe dual using 1h/2h to take down the opponent would be more effective than just using 1h?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:16 pm 

Vapore, my question to you is, at lvl 90 (if you are there yet) can you beat warrior/clerics? and does the 9 cap warlock debuffs work over holy spell? Also, would you recommend 2 hand skills for faster kills? or just 1 hand so you can take afterwards?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:38 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Great guide just started and will be following it just a few questions...
How good is this build at pve? And about lvlin this build can robe be used from the start and what weapon should i be using for lvlin?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:20 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

pardon my noobness as it is my 1st time playing but regarding the skills to add, how do you know where to allocate your skill/ mastery on a certain level?

example:
lvl 1 - add mastery
lvl 2 - blast
lvl 3 - so on and so forth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:46 pm 
Veteran Member

though i must ask how many war/ locks actually use the dot that applies dull, would that not be easier to get in at them even if it does shit dmg its still a tad extra dmg but more importantly they won't go undulled if you do that plus disease, and the extra odds from sheild bash/crush

non of the videos i see any one using it, i mean sheild crush hits twice but from 40 to 60 having the higher chance to dull will prove usefull yes? and even them better odds then just crush alone, plus the slight dot even if its only like a hundred per tick.

And even if they keep spamming pills consider they'll spam like 5 at a time, how many stacks do you really think they bought? doubt they'll do it more then 10 or 20 times at best.

the magic raze skill might be usefull though group fights, if you got ints with you, but you probally should have your ints buffed instead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:39 am 

I love this build, just a question tho can I use my Warlock to Lure then tank. Or would I need to change roves, ofc not if its a mag based mob.

This gives the advantage of luring debuffed mobs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:48 pm 
Forum Legend

though i must ask how many war/ locks actually use the dot that applies dull, would that not be easier to get in at them even if it does shit dmg its still a tad extra dmg but more importantly they won't go undulled if you do that plus disease, and the extra odds from sheild bash/crush

non of the videos i see any one using it, i mean sheild crush hits twice but from 40 to 60 having the higher chance to dull will prove usefull yes? and even them better odds then just crush alone, plus the slight dot even if its only like a hundred per tick.

And even if they keep spamming pills consider they'll spam like 5 at a time, how many stacks do you really think they bought? doubt they'll do it more then 10 or 20 times at best.

the magic raze skill might be usefull though group fights, if you got ints with you, but you probally should have your ints buffed instead

I personally don't use any of the DoT series when I pvp. Not needed to be quite honest .. Shield Crush is more than enough switch to 2H and kd him .. massive damage when kd'd + dull'd.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:39 pm 

Anyone that can answer me would be nice, Also.

I was just thinking of adding Dual axes and not 2h, common pi$$.

What I was considering was just adding the Attack Passive and the Dual Axes heaviest downward attack ?

But no guides on Dual Axes are they any stronger than my 1h any point of using them as a finishing move when enemy is KD/Stun etc etc ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:25 pm 
Forum Legend

Anyone that can answer me would be nice, Also.

I was just thinking of adding Dual axes and not 2h, common pi$$.

What I was considering was just adding the Attack Passive and the Dual Axes heaviest downward attack ?

But no guides on Dual Axes are they any stronger than my 1h any point of using them as a finishing move when enemy is KD/Stun etc etc ?

1H is deff stronger than axe's. Tbh .. if you get warlock sub .. don't bother getting axes.

If you are good at your build all you will need is debuff's and 2-3 skills .. either 1H or 2H. People might argue that getting axe is good for status effects .. but that's what you have warlock for lol.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:12 pm 

BTW tried the luring with debuff skills and swithcing to 1h.

This works well until you get to lvl 20 and are reliant on your Vital Increase and Other buff thingy you get then. Its too much work rebuffing ea time.

Just to let you all know, and anyone else as newb as me on Euro' you can use Warlock ride while wearing Heavy armour >_<

BTW I recommend using the Phy Debuff when soloing switch between warlock cast a few blaze and bleed things phy debuff then onto 1h. Really is a Fast Solo Grind this way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 183 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next