Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: SRO [GUIDE] Newb: Twenty (20) Things
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:07 pm 

Quote:
9. Partying with others can increase both EXP and SP gained per kill.
  • There are two (2) types of Parties:
    • Four (4) member parties (a.k.a. 'Distribution' or 'SP' parties) All characters in a full SP party (4 players) gain 10% ~ 20% skill experience points bonus per kill (400 skill experience points = 1 SP) and it doesn’t matter if they are close to each other or not. Of course less people in the party means less bonus.
    • Eight (8) member parties (a.k.a. 'Share' or 'EXP' parties) for PLeveling. Characters need to be within range to benefit from kills made by other players. Typically this distance is ~how far you can see if you are zoomed out. You can check your picture to be sure. The amount of xp you would get per kill (if you are in range) depends on the number of people and their levels relative to yours. Best experience for all is found from an 8 member party where everybody is participating.
    • There may be differences for Euro characters. My guess is that Euro characters prefer the 8 man type parties and am told this is due to their specializations.
(thx, Shadow)

That's ½ wall o' text only, mid-life crisis coming? :D
Thx, Shadow. Appreciate the input, hope I 'boiled' it down well enuf.
I did attempt an [EDIT] to include your excellent input.
There's soooo much information and trying to say in 3 page or less is very difficult (for me).

~Granps

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:56 pm 
Frequent Member

I tried to say, that "SP parties" actually give 10-20% bonus in both skill point experience and normal experience. It is easy to test in-game. Kill a mob when you're not in party, then kill a similar mob when you are in a "sp party" and see the difference in xp.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:23 pm 

Shadow wrote:
I tried to say, that "SP parties" actually give 10-20% bonus in both skill point experience and normal experience. It is easy to test in-game. Kill a mob when you're not in party, then kill a similar mob when you are in a "sp party" and see the difference in xp.

Yeah, I understand now both skill AND experience. To me (and my playstyle) that's a bad thing. I'd rather gain exp slow as possible (by 9 gapping greens) during the low levels when I'm playing my first (newb) character to be able to collect more mats while young. Given that, it really IS Skill that advances noticeably faster.

Point taken though, thanks.

~Grandpa

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:13 pm 
Banned User

The guide is just awesome. But I have one innocent small question:

I was wondering if it was possible to put in your guide the answer to something like this, that most newbies and noobs ask a lot of times:

"Whats the best chinese build?"
"Whats the best euro build?"
"Whats the best pvp build?"
"Whats the best job wars build?"
"Whats the best build for that?"
"Whats the best build for this?"

And a hundred other very annoying questions about things related to "the best build".

Summarizing the answer I would give, it would be something like this: There is NOT a best build in Silkroad Online.

But I could make the answer way more complete than that, and give advices with it, I just want to know if you are interested/if its possible to put this on your guide.

Just an idea of mine anyways.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:28 pm 

Some small tidbit of info: teleportation from one town to another is completely free when you're under level 11.

:love:

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:03 am 

raphaell666 wrote:
The guide is just awesome. But I have one innocent small question:

I was wondering if it was possible to put in your guide the answer to something like this, that most newbies and noobs ask a lot of times:

"Whats the best chinese build?"
"Whats the best euro build?"
"Whats the best pvp build?"
"Whats the best job wars build?"
"Whats the best build for that?"
"Whats the best build for this?"

And a hundred other very annoying questions about things related to "the best build".

Summarizing the answer I would give, it would be something like this: There is NOT a best build in Silkroad Online.

But I could make the answer way more complete than that, and give advices with it, I just want to know if you are interested/if its possible to put this on your guide.

Just an idea of mine anyways.
The problem that I have is that I don't know enough about the various builds to be able to say. The first rule of effective writing is, "Write what you know."

But I wish I could follow your suggestion. My 'solution' was to say, 'don't worry about it' - all things can be changed. What I actually did was attempt to follow the advice of many well intentioned people and create a pure str bow. Then, I read how a 'hybrid' bow was better. Thinking that I'd somehow be able to SP farm better, and that SP farming was needful before level 20, I sacrificed kill speed and power for a dream that a newb simply could not fulfill. Turned out that I like being a bow, but that's just me.

Since it's a guide for newbs, probably the best think I could do is reiterate it. Don't worry about the 'best' build. No way to make it with your first character in any event. Play and enjoy as you learn, make some headway into the game economy as you go and re-roll later after you know more about what you're doing.

But then, you already know this.

*smile
~Granps

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:11 am 
Banned User

Int builds are good too...