Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

I'm using this as a notice
please leave messages on what else you'd like to see in 27%  27%  [ 12 ]
this warrior guide, thanks 73%  73%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 44
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:28 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 72
Location: Rio de Janeiro / Brasil
REALLY good guide!

just let me add a personal note about Euro Warrios in this game...

Compared to others chars, and chinese, they have the smallest three.
So.... they can easily be farmed to get 2 kinds of weapon.. and a sub mastery.
i mean... you will always be able to be S/S plus 2Handed or DualAxe.

Acctually i have a 2handed warrior with sub cleric... but i´m also S/S for parties.
So I can survive longer with extra DEF and BR, and eliminates the KD "problem".

just my opnion...

_________________
Never try a conversation with a idiot. He will makes you as retarded as himself and win because the experience.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:16 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 467
Location:
Venus
pequenoleao wrote:
REALLY good guide!

just let me add a personal note about Euro Warrios in this game...

Compared to others chars, and chinese, they have the smallest three.
So.... they can easily be farmed to get 2 kinds of weapon.. and a sub mastery.
i mean... you will always be able to be S/S plus 2Handed or DualAxe.

Acctually i have a 2handed warrior with sub cleric... but i´m also S/S for parties.
So I can survive longer with extra DEF and BR, and eliminates the KD "problem".

just my opnion...


I completely agree with you on this point, almost all warriors on Venus do it this way and I'll recommend others do the same.

Like you said, if you check it out on nivlam, getting the skills needed for s/s really isn't much when put into perspective.

_________________
Euro- Mob baller * 1hand
ign: IAmZeeDevil
Guild:-=Avalon=-
gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:48 pm 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 338
Location:
Venus
Wow , didn't know that u already made this guide here in SRF, good work as I expected from you, and added some few facts to my database about warriors such as :
Quote:
mobs at 90 are phy/mag based, more information after Legend III

Quote:
[*]1:1 relation. Damage given(1) : Aggro Received(1)

Quote:
[*]2:1 relation. Amount Healed(2) : Aggro Received(1)

And the funny part that u can block without shield , it's logical due to passive but didn't tried ever to run with sword without shield

I just have small notice about ur skill descreptions for :
Quote:
Taunt Delay:[5s] Range:[17m]

and :
Quote:
Sprint Assault Delay:[7s] Range:[22m] Status:[KB, stun]

Some ppl might think this is the range for ALL levels of skill , but the fact that these skills at lvl 1 have much lower range (10m for sprint assult at lvl 1) and this range increase by lvling up these skills, so fellow warriors don't think that you can beat chinese phantom walk or wizard telport range at lvl 30, you still have same distance to assult.

The second note is something you told me in game and sound that you didn't explain well here, it's about the ( the distance --> Aggro ) relationship, you already menthioned that monsters will run after you within range of 18m , and you menthioned that max taunt range is 17m , so why you have more chance to draw monster attention from wizard when you get more and more close and taunt him ? and why wizard have more chance to aggro monsters when he get so close to them (2~3m range) ? i noticed that and you already told me that in-game, right ?

and :
Quote:
Protect Delay:[2s] Duration:[1800s] Up to:[2people]
50% protect will take 50% of your buffed friend's aggro and transfer it to you

Scenario

You have 54% protect (level 80) you cast protect on LemonKiss
she nukes a party general... the party general comes to you
Facts

if you really want to help someone feel safe protect is the way to go
casting protect on the two people with the most aggro will give you a better control of the situation.
if your party happens to have a lurer he should be given protect.more in-depth later.

Many really good warriors miss this tip and don't get the point of it, I was partying with SG at bones and we got argue about this when i was luring and told him to give me protect to lure, he was thinking that PROTECT remove my aggro so it will make mobs attack wizards and cleric, and when i told him that we always doing that he shouted on me : SO YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG .. <3 SG ..

That's my comments for now, sure i have many other things but later ..

_________________
Zanthra / lvl 9X Bard/Wizard / venus


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:50 pm 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 216
Location:
Venus
how much does the distance of Sprint Assault increse each time it is leveled up?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:19 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 404
Location: no loca
Realy nice guide, i wish i found this guide earlier i am 74 1h warrior and now i find out lol. :P (on hera)
is this realy perfect pt:
2warriors,2wizard,2bard,cleric,warlock.
isn't this beter?:
2warriors,3wizards,bard,cleric,warlock.
i hope 2handed is coming soon beacus my 1handed is bad in 1on1 and i am planing to change to 2handed warrior or maby get warlock sub.
Avalon is doing realy good work at Venus Spiral union dont got fw on hera yet :cry: we cant pown the bots yet.

_________________
Waiting for new ecsro server.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:54 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1016
Location:
Venus
Hey, I'm back! Another question.

I noticed that when I'm playing as a dagger rogue in parties, I'm able to take the aggroe away from the warriors and they'll start attacking me. I read through your 1:1 explanation about warriors, so how come when I'm xbow sniping this never happens? Also, how can I stop this from happening, with DD on I tend to die fairly fast and after mobs switch aggroe onto me, I normally end up dying and setting them loose on the wizards :)

_________________
eCSRO:
ilshootli- 81
Fembria:
iContagious - 81

ZSZC:
iPewPewUQQ - 63 Bower

Iris :
Star_L1ght - 59 Rogue/Warrior

Venus:
TR_ousers 57 Rogue/Bard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:41 am 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 535
Location:
Venus
nicolasvc2 wrote:
Realy nice guide, i wish i found this guide earlier i am 74 1h warrior and now i find out lol. :P (on hera)
is this realy perfect pt:
2warriors,2wizard,2bard,cleric,warlock.
isn't this beter?:
2warriors,3wizards,bard,cleric,warlock.
i hope 2handed is coming soon beacus my 1handed is bad in 1on1 and i am planing to change to 2handed warrior or maby get warlock sub.
Avalon is doing realy good work at Venus Spiral union dont got fw on hera yet :cry: we cant pown the bots yet.

1st bard - phy absorption
2nd bard - mag dmg increase
and lots of MP :)

_________________
RETIRED FROM SILKROAD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:48 am 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 467
Location:
Venus
nicolasvc2 wrote:
Realy nice guide, i wish i found this guide earlier i am 74 1h warrior and now i find out lol. :P (on hera)
is this realy perfect pt:
2warriors,2wizard,2bard,cleric,warlock.
isn't this beter?:
2warriors,3wizards,bard,cleric,warlock.
i hope 2handed is coming soon beacus my 1handed is bad in 1on1 and i am planing to change to 2handed warrior or maby get warlock sub.
Avalon is doing realy good work at Venus Spiral union dont got fw on hera yet :cry: we cant pown the bots yet.



1handed is good in pvp. I have never lost a 1 v 1 and I only use 1hand.
if you're having trouble though, put dull on with 1hand switch to 2hand, KD the kid and use triple swing. This should take care of most 1v1 competition unless they're full sun.

adding cleric sub would be the better choice, warriors really do have plenty of power as is, they don't need warlock sub imo. Cleric sub helps a lot more in any scale pvp too.

And the 2bards are usually preferred because of the magic dance, it's like you have an extra wizard. On top of that, wiz/bards usually prefer barding if they can't have both quota and fence and if you have 5 people you need to quota + fence to keep alive it's better if he goes bard. Tf there are two warriors in a party the maximum number of people you can fully buff will be four.

I've played in parties with 3wizards and 1warlock and if the warlock doesn't mind half buffs and one of the wizards are able to live with half buffs too then it's fine, you make due with what you have.

_________________
Euro- Mob baller * 1hand
ign: IAmZeeDevil
Guild:-=Avalon=-
gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)


Last edited by GodsAngel on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:52 am 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 467
Location:
Venus
NO_SILK_4_ME wrote:
Hey, I'm back! Another question.

I noticed that when I'm playing as a dagger rogue in parties, I'm able to take the aggroe away from the warriors and they'll start attacking me. I read through your 1:1 explanation about warriors, so how come when I'm xbow sniping this never happens? Also, how can I stop this from happening, with DD on I tend to die fairly fast and after mobs switch aggroe onto me, I normally end up dying and setting them loose on the wizards :)



you most likely did more damage to the monster than the tank had aggroed and it happens. With xbow you're shooting long range so even if it does happen the tank has more time to see the monster is loose, re-aggro it, so you might not have noticed.

dagger + DD + bleed actually does more damage than sniping so that could be your answer, try luring for your party by asking for your tank for protect and save your dagger skills for a PTG or PTC or G

monsters will always get loose, they hit wizards and clerics all the time which is why warriors must always buff them. Unfortunately people don't give rogues the same treatment so you need to find your own place in the party without relying on quota and fence.

_________________
Euro- Mob baller * 1hand
ign: IAmZeeDevil
Guild:-=Avalon=-
gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:42 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1016
Location:
Venus
GodsAngel wrote:
NO_SILK_4_ME wrote:
Hey, I'm back! Another question.

I noticed that when I'm playing as a dagger rogue in parties, I'm able to take the aggroe away from the warriors and they'll start attacking me. I read through your 1:1 explanation about warriors, so how come when I'm xbow sniping this never happens? Also, how can I stop this from happening, with DD on I tend to die fairly fast and after mobs switch aggroe onto me, I normally end up dying and setting them loose on the wizards :)



you most likely did more damage to the monster than the tank had aggroed and it happens. With xbow you're shooting long range so even if it does happen the tank has more time to see the monster is loose, re-aggro it, so you might not have noticed.

dagger + DD + bleed actually does more damage than sniping so that could be your answer, try luring for your party by asking for your tank for protect and save your dagger skills for a PTG or PTC or G

monsters will always get loose, they hit wizards and clerics all the time which is why warriors must always buff them. Unfortunately people don't give rogues the same treatment so you need to find your own place in the party without relying on quota and fence.


*sigh* I was afraid that was gonna be the answer :/

_________________
eCSRO:
ilshootli- 81
Fembria:
iContagious - 81

ZSZC:
iPewPewUQQ - 63 Bower

Iris :
Star_L1ght - 59 Rogue/Warrior

Venus:
TR_ousers 57 Rogue/Bard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:45 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 49
Location:
Venus
Many thanks for the excellent guide. Truly amazing!

Here's my humble contribution, block without a shield. At my level it's only 5% chance but still works. ^.^

edit: Sorry for the big picture :oops:


Attachments:
SRO[2008-05-02 00-37-38]_03.jpg
SRO[2008-05-02 00-37-38]_03.jpg [ 103.58 KiB | Viewed 10637 times ]

_________________
Fly wrote:
in game everyone on venus is friendly. on the forums we talk tons of shit. thats what makes forums worth reading.
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:23 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 404
Location: no loca
GodsAngel wrote:
NO_SILK_4_ME wrote:
Hey, I'm back! Another question.

I noticed that when I'm playing as a dagger rogue in parties, I'm able to take the aggroe away from the warriors and they'll start attacking me. I read through your 1:1 explanation about warriors, so how come when I'm xbow sniping this never happens? Also, how can I stop this from happening, with DD on I tend to die fairly fast and after mobs switch aggroe onto me, I normally end up dying and setting them loose on the wizards :)



you most likely did more damage to the monster than the tank had aggroed and it happens. With xbow you're shooting long range so even if it does happen the tank has more time to see the monster is loose, re-aggro it, so you might not have noticed.

dagger + DD + bleed actually does more damage than sniping so that could be your answer, try luring for your party by asking for your tank for protect and save your dagger skills for a PTG or PTC or G

monsters will always get loose, they hit wizards and clerics all the time which is why warriors must always buff them. Unfortunately people don't give rogues the same treatment so you need to find your own place in the party without relying on quota and fence.

thx for help :D

_________________
Waiting for new ecsro server.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:08 pm 
Senior Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 4785
Location:
Venus
Havent checked Guides sections for a while, and i missed this great guide. Respect to you mr zee. Your knowledge about this game is huge. *clap clap*

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:42 am 
Senior Member
Offline

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 4590
Location:
Off Topic
Wow. With the 2H and Dual Axes added, you'd have exhausted every information on Warriors. I can't wait for your comprehensive EPG.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:45 pm 
New Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 45
Location:
Rome
awesome guide dude, helped me a lot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:24 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 615
Location:
Sparta
OMG.. this guide is.. idk, cant find words that would do the job
fantastic work man, honestly
do u play in sparta? i know someone in sparta with the very exact name (gods_angel)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:55 pm 
Frequent Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1487
Location:
Azteca
wow a very nice guild already. can't wait to see your euro party play guide. i never knew all that about aggro before ^_^.

but 2h makes an ok tank too ;P i never had any problems with it....yet. but im only at lvl 40ish mobs so..will see.

i also didn't knew the aggro amount isn't dependent on the lvl of the skill (like slash) so i guess i could leave me 1h skills alone (thank you..saved some sp for me :D)

_________________
Image
Kali -- 51 wizard/cleric
Amumu -- 24 bard/cleric


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:06 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 17
Location: Split
great work man
keep on that way!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:01 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 404
Location: no loca
i got a small question
When i am pvping and i get knockdown should i take a shield then as 2h warrior? warcry wil be away but i have chance on block while kd then.(when i dont got iron skin or mana skin)
so change to shield or keep 2h then?

_________________
Waiting for new ecsro server.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:12 pm 
Active Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 666
Location:
Venice
yeah pretty sure accessories are absorbtion %


its a rate, not percentage

_________________
Avalon = Big-Brother


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:34 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 467
Location:
Venus
nicolasvc2 wrote:
i got a small question
When i am pvping and i get knockdown should i take a shield then as 2h warrior? warcry wil be away but i have chance on block while kd then.(when i dont got iron skin or mana skin)
so change to shield or keep 2h then?


experiment depending on the situation do what works best for you. You can switch for the block + extra def and KB switch to 2hand KD switch to shield KB until skin is up and be cheap.

there are plenty of options available to you.



piXie_niXie wrote:
yeah pretty sure accessories are absorbtion %

its a rate, not percentage


alright, I could be wrong but could you elaborate on what you mean by rate. The stats on the accessories are labeled as "physical absorption rate" but I have no other way of describing the amount of damage absorbed if you can give us the correct explanation it'd be much appreciated and will be credited.

_________________
Euro- Mob baller * 1hand
ign: IAmZeeDevil
Guild:-=Avalon=-
gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:14 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 18
Location: Seattle - USA
This is a GREAT guide for new warriors like myself.
You really don't leave anything out! Great section on party play which is something that should be included in a lot more guides *hint hint* :P

_________________
Venus - Anbu_Mobb level 36 S/S Bich/Light/Cold Nuker
Venus - Mobbz level 36 Bard/Cleric
Apollo - Mobbz Level 24 Warlock/Cleric
Helios - AnbuMobb level 17 Bower Pach/Fire/Light/Ice
Azteca - AnbuMobb level 36 Int Bow Pach/Fire/Cold
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:06 pm 
Common Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 171
Location:
Venus
GodsAngel wrote:
  • the damage dealing skills, DoT, Trap, vampire are 1:1

Oh Zee, you and your noop guide. Trap doesn't aggro.

_________________
Apricot!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:30 pm 
Banned User
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 404
Location: no loca
GodsAngel wrote:
nicolasvc2 wrote:
i got a small question
When i am pvping and i get knockdown should i take a shield then as 2h warrior? warcry wil be away but i have chance on block while kd then.(when i dont got iron skin or mana skin)
so change to shield or keep 2h then?


experiment depending on the situation do what works best for you. You can switch for the block + extra def and KB switch to 2hand KD switch to shield KB until skin is up and be cheap.

there are plenty of options available to you.



piXie_niXie wrote:
yeah pretty sure accessories are absorbtion %

its a rate, not percentage


alright, I could be wrong but could you elaborate on what you mean by rate. The stats on the accessories are labeled as "physical absorption rate" but I have no other way of describing the amount of damage absorbed if you can give us the correct explanation it'd be much appreciated and will be credited.
Thx for all ur help :D i got a lvl 80 2h warrior/cleric sub only only no lvl 80 wep yet tryed to +6 mine :P anyway i am bored of hera :P and i play on Venus now

_________________
Waiting for new ecsro server.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:43 am 
Hi, I'm New Here
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 18
Location:
Hercules
Nice guide man. I've got a few questions though.

My friend and I have just finished farming our new characters. I'm a 2h warrior, and he went dagger rogue. Our plan is to party up together on stuff like 1 lev above us for the double xp^^, and so we can take them relatively easy. With me as sub bard, him as sub cleric, would we have a good time? or will this cause us to say 'dam, we screwed up...'?

So basically my question is: Will our 2 man pt be decent? I mean we'll obviously join other fuller parties if they are available, but when it's just us, can we survive?

We both have fully farmed character's until about 70ish, so i have all the warrior buffs to give him, and he's got all the carry over cleric buffs. So far, I'm at 42 he's 40, and it's been going pretty smooth, but i'm concerned about the 50's/60's

Please note that I plan on farming for cleric skills in the 70's or so where there are tons of general parties, and we can easily join and kill.

_________________
Pop-tarts toasting instructions:

1. Toast the pop-tarts

2. Go ahead, toast them

3. You still reading this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:30 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 467
Location:
Venus
Mango wrote:
GodsAngel wrote:
  • the damage dealing skills, DoT, Trap, vampire are 1:1

Oh Zee, you and your noop guide. Trap doesn't aggro.


thanks noob(noop) help me with the debuffs section now please(pl0x).

_________________
Euro- Mob baller * 1hand
ign: IAmZeeDevil
Guild:-=Avalon=-
gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:44 pm 
Valued Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 467
Location:
Venus
Vitamin X wrote:
Nice guide man. I've got a few questions though.

My friend and I have just finished farming our new characters. I'm a 2h warrior, and he went dagger rogue. Our plan is to party up together on stuff like 1 lev above us for the double xp^^, and so we can take them relatively easy. With me as sub bard, him as sub cleric, would we have a good time? or will this cause us to say 'dam, we screwed up...'?

So basically my question is: Will our 2 man pt be decent? I mean we'll obviously join other fuller parties if they are available, but when it's just us, can we survive?

We both have fully farmed character's until about 70ish, so i have all the warrior buffs to give him, and he's got all the carry over cleric buffs. So far, I'm at 42 he's 40, and it's been going pretty smooth, but i'm concerned about the 50's/60's

Please note that I plan on farming for cleric skills in the 70's or so where there are tons of general parties, and we can easily join and kill.


so if I'm not mistaken you said you're a 2h/bard and your friend is a rogue/cleric?

I'm not going to say it won't work, the fact that it's been working for you all this time is proof that it will work at some level till whenever it is you want to play till.

However, for large parties most people would prefer the tank be cleric sub and the rogue bard sub. Rogues usually aren't too welcome in larger parties as anything other than a bard since a strength cleric doesn't fare very well in intensive parties yet a strength bard can manage off of int and a good harp.

Some people might put you down saying you should have gone warrior and wizard/cleric, however they're just thinking of maximum exp able to be gained per minute. Don't mind that, if what you have works at 40s you can make it work at any level, my only suggestion would be the switch in subs.

As for general parties, they do exist however at least on venus wing tribe chaser parties are much more abundant they are considered this 90 cap's cap party mobs.

Also, as a tank make sure you're gap isn't so low that you can't tank; if you plan to farm using larger parties use a shield and use good gear; if bards farm it's no problem but farming tanks especially 2hand with crappy gear will only be a burden on the whole party.

Have fun with your friend, I know I had a lot of fun with my friend in 2man parties.

elnawawi wrote:
The second note is something you told me in game and sound that you didn't explain well here, it's about the ( the distance --> Aggro ) relationship, you already menthioned that monsters will run after you within range of 18m , and you menthioned that max taunt range is 17m , so why you have more chance to draw monster attention from wizard when you get more and more close and taunt him ? and why wizard have more chance to aggro monsters when he get so close to them (2~3m range) ? i noticed that and you already told me that in-game, right ?


nope, I've revised my theory since I explained it to you a few months ago. There was something about the old model that bugged me so I thought about it and I came up with a new one which has yet to be proven wrong.

There's no "chance" related to aggro. Also, the reason you can aggro monsters better if you're closer to the monster is most likely cause of one of the following reasons.

Distance Related
:
    As you moved within the 18m range your wizard moved out of it

Skill Related
:
    You used a skill on the mob which is why it turned to you
    You taunted it as you went closer
    Your protect on that particular wizard or another character came into play and the monster moved towards you

_________________
Euro- Mob baller * 1hand
ign: IAmZeeDevil
Guild:-=Avalon=-
gonna miss you all but I've officially quit silkroad :)
Current Projects
Comprehensive European Party Guide - -15% done
(currently setback)
Warrior Guide - -45% done
(working hard)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: [EPGUIDE] The Warriors Guide
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:24 pm 
Casual Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 97
Location:
Tibet
great guild thx :)
now i can go on with my lvl 32 warrior

_________________
Tibet
IGN: The_LEAF - Glavie/Fire/Lightning
IGN: i4i - Warrior/Cleric
guild: never_heard lvl5
union: never_heard
RECRUITING


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group