Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: The Ultimate Crossbow Rogue Guide! Version 1.3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:09 pm 
Loyal Member

um... getting mana switch helps in pt since you regen more mp

if you bind warrior in pvp, they cant do anything

for wizard i'd just use bard's absolute damage or fast shot, it'll 1 hit them if they got life control

for warlocks, ugh... just make sure you are outside their range and use xbow and not daggers

take out bards first or second in group pvp (since they are easy kills, why leave them for last giving them time to be hitting you) and bard's sub might be cleric/wiz which is annoying

edit: for nukers/wiz, if you see them loading up a nuke, go ahead and use a xl hp pot, the nuke hopefully will get absorped by it and not hit you so you will have full hp for 2nd nuke but you shoulud already have fired long shot and be following with a kb/kd shot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:47 pm 

I did notice that many people do not realize this: Poison is very effective in any PvP situation. A quick, yet effective method I use, involves a simple Quick Shot with Poison Weapons activated. Because Quick Shot has a 15 meter range increase, it can be used to deliver a deadly dose of toxin to your pray.

Poison Weapons has a 20% chance to inflict poison to your pray per shot within the skill's time limit.

Quick shot is a skill that has a very low cast time, meaning you can use this skill over and over in a very short amount of time.

Combined, you can inflict poison effectively at a distance, then follow up with a Long Shot to put your enemy down.

But why waste the time to poison the enemy? If the enemy is easy pray, don't bother with poison unless you just want some fun. However, there are builds that can take a hit and will be ready to kill you. This is where poison plays it role. Sure somebody can use a simple pill, but I have meet tons of people who do not carry them.

Poison is truly effective in killing enemies. It can be that last pinch of power you need to take down an enemy. Can't list the number of times it has helped me in the past.

So if you don't really use poison that much, think it over. I am sure you have been in a situation where the other person laughs because they had 200hp left over and poison could have saved your life and taken them down. Remember, poison works past Iron Skin :) Oh, and dont forget, if you are using daggers don't, I repeat, Do Not use poison first. It removes your bonus damage when coming out of stealth...if you got the passive.

Just a little tip to new players and others who don't know this knowledge.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:50 pm 

nice guide, so *BUMP*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:59 pm 
Veteran Member

i disagree to not getting scorn, in a group it can be very usefull, now true you can't tank but scorn their cleric, thanks for the healing cycle, or in groups if you take xtreme off get screened by a warrior plus a cleric's heals and such Gross scorn a group,

its usefull in group situations but only when have support

thing about rogues is they are supposed to be a jack of all trades, not everything is usefull 100% of the time, but when the situation arises you'll be able to handle yourself, although not a perfect replacement for most of the other classes they can help cover in the missing gaps, dagger rogue in a party can help take down a ptg almost as fast as a lock, use all your posion skills you help controll the agro on you and the tank plus adding all the damage from posion
the damage out put from daggers can exceed a wiz but lacks strong aoe damage
just one warrior fence or 1 quota and you can tank and even out agro the warrior but by itself no chance to act like a warrior
fastest puller, but with out help and done wrong they will die trying to tank that lure

unfortunately most people don't' understand a rogue is better then an empty spot

in pvp and jobbing though it shines because it can semi do everything

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:36 pm 
Common Member

Nice guide, there are a couple good guides around from Rogue/subclass, I think I need to play a Rogue someday :)

Jessmeist3r -> Warlock/Cleric [SP-farming][xPostMorteMx] - 100k/650k
Wizz_Girl15 -> Wiz/Cleric Lv 65,1gap - [xPostMorteMx]- Full time TAXI-giver. Inactive
I_Nuk3_U -> Hybrid Nuker Lv 3x, 2gap -[xPostMorteMx]- Inactive

-Taking a Break,Playing Requiem:Bloodymare-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:50 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

Thanks for the guide.
Helps a lot for all the beginners out there.
The guide helps out so much.