Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [GUIDE] : Path's to becoming a Guilt-Free Rich Gamer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:50 pm 
Banned User

1 - Introduction
----My journey in SRO - Athens.
----Enjoying gaming, with life.

2 - Scope / Objective / Aim

3 - How To Earn Gold?
----Buying gold illegally.
----Begging.
----Grinding (bot/handgrind).
----Powerleveling for gold. *No risk
----Buying low selling high. *Low risk (my secret)
----Destroyer rondos. *High risk

4 - Character Builds
----Chinese Characters.

5 - Equipment
----Alchemy / Endurability Enhancements.
----Seal of Star / Moon / Sun.

6 - Conclusion

7 - Self-posted Q / A section.

=======================================================

1 - Introduction

----My journey in SRO - Athens----

Hi everyone, for those wondering,"Who is Shen?". Well, im just like any other gamer on SRO - Athens, i've been playing for 16months/+ now,6-7months of pure nobody, getting 1* popped in trades all the time. After that period, in the following 9 months i started to prosper, getting rich in terms of in-game gold.

Recently, i bought myself a pair of Seal of Sun 64+7 Blade/Shield for my blader, and expectedly attracted many doubtful eyes, assuming,"This guy must be a gold buyer, nobody can be that rich legitimately". Heres my answer, YES you can. And im going to state out majority of my ways below.

----Enjoying gaming, with life----

I've been getting alot of ''Sour Grapes''(sarcasm) remarks ever since i've entered PPC(PurePainCrew) guild, talking about life and so on. Me myself, do have a life, i work in the day, i return home gaming on SRO to relax myself and to interact and make new friends all over, internationally. Its my turn to ask, nevermind, lets go on.

2 - Scope / Objective / Aim

My purpose of this? It is to discourage players buying in-game gold illegally. It is never worth it spending parents/your money on a game of pixels made up of '1's and '0's binaries. By discouraging gold buyers, means there will be lesser gold bots, which will lead to lesser server trafic. Comprehende amigos?

It is possible to be a fully legitimate billionaire in SRO, i might just be a nobody swimming around in Athens with my gold with others having trillions(who knows?), some might say. But im proving to you players, it IS possible.

Smart alecks have been trying to dig into my gold making methods all the time, asking,"Man, how much did you spend on this game? Legit? i dont believe you, how did you make so much gold?". That was the trick question i get all the time. Well, now you get it. Read on and enjoy.

3 - How To Earn Gold?

----Buying gold illegally----

My views, i absolutely despise gold buyers, like everyone does, you encourage gold bots. Burns a hole in you and/or your parents pocket. It is boring to be invincible, so what if you're rich with your 10billion or 100billion? Theres nothing left for you to achieve, you wont last long in this game. I can quote names of such examples.

----Begging----

Simple question,"Do you actually realise you could've earned alot more gold rather than trying your luck begging from everyone?"
I earned my first million when i was around lv28 as a nobody, so why can't you?
*10k plys from everyone, 5000 population = 50m? (grow up please) X'D

----Grinding----

Bot - I personally discourage bot(not using the word 'despise'). Main point i like to highlight about bots not making gold. Go beside a bot, observe it grind. It would kill a mob with 10% hp left with a 300% damaging skill, thats purely a waste of MP, and time, turning to loss of gold in the long run. If you get a good SoX, good for you, but how much have you earned so far? I've been grinding beside these people in the past, getting free Str tabs and elixirs, looting? No, they 'let' me have it.

Handgrind - If you have the time to handgrind, so why not? Head out with your friends.
Notes to take:

First : Pick ALL your loot (except for arrows and etc of course), if you love joymax, buy yourself a little silk and get yourself a pet, it helps alot.
Second : Never ever NPC any drop you get, they might be worth something good, unless its some sort of condemned loot (fire tabs etc). They might be worth 10k by selling off to a NPC, why not try stalling it for 20k instead? That is the idea.

Fun fact : During my first 6mths of gaming, i was NPC'ing all my elixirs for 20k, and
thinking,"nice, man im rich".

Edit: Try this "bot-poaching" trick when grinding, read this method and grinded beside a bot, turned out to be a fruitful attempt, made the botters insane and spamming pm's too, link as below;
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=94883

----Powerleveling for gold----

It is decent gold making, no doubt, if you have a strong character, try it. It requires both time and stamina for a handgrinder, in return for profits. My advice?

1-Dont scam, faking dc, jacking off with the gold.
2-Impress the players with your speed/skill, make a name for yourself, you'll have a full party all the time.
3-Be accurate in your timing (honesty), most will kick you out of the party after 30-45minutes, which you paid an hour for.

Note : Be wary of the "Cancel trade scam", smart alecks would initiate the trade, place the desired amount of gold and cancel the trade after both parties clicked 'OK'. Keep an eye on Turkish customers and jot down amount of gold you have. Make a shitlist if you can.

Fun fact : Months ago, i have been doing handgrind powerleveling in Penons, and i charge 400-500k gold/hour. Players are more than willing to pay, as they get 50-75% exp an hour (0gap) even in a full party of 8. Calculate how much im earning hourly.

----Buying low Selling high (my secret)----

This is the essence of gold making, IMO, this is a 100% win win method for me. Happy reading.

"Ahh i earned my first 10m, im going to buy myself a SoS", That is the most common thinking of any ordinary player. How about saving it up? Invest and grow your gold, i dont tell you stories, invest 10m and get 100m, instead, let it grow slowly.

After stall network being implemented, that is a tool for me i most appreciates. Use it to study on hot-selling element / elixirs / tablets prices(i dont look into equipments/weapons, never). If you see them cheap, why let others get them? Grab it for higher resale for profit. Never let the earning opportunity leak away.

*Tip, currently hot-selling items : Elixirs / Str tabs 9d / 9d Elements.
Take down and research on the prices, see them cheap, sweep them off the shelf and sell them a little off the market rate and still make profit.

*Tip, to sell fast, "Play with numbers, play buyers' mindset". For an item selling at 1,000,000gold, ill stall it in network for 987,500gold, most will have the impression,"Its below a million, its worth buying". This is my way of selling off my stocks fast. As long as you still make profit, why not sacrifice the 10k ish to make it sell faster?

*Tip, in the past, bots clear their pages and pages of weapon elixirs near storage, mostly 50-75k off the market price, keep a lookout. There was once i made 30million gold in 15mins, buying hundreds of them and selling them off like hotcakes within 15mins. /endboast

Fun Fact : Long ago in x'mas event, monster scrolls were dirt cheap, i forsaw this gold making opportunity, used all my noob's wealth mass-stocked on them, buying 75-100k per scroll. Whilst everyone urged me to waste them in DW killing players, i held onto them. 9mths later
i realised, its(price) at the peak, and resold them at 875-950k per scroll. Mind you, thats a whopping 857.1% - 1052.6% return profit rate. I had 500 scrolls, calculate yourself. :-)

----Destroyer rondos----

This method is NOT encouraged for players, it involves high levels of risk(gold),be prepared to lose and earn at the same time, the aim, is to buy equipments, practically any item you can break down with, at a dirt cheap price, and hope for hot-selling stones. In return, you get elements and stones
(not all the time), for resale.

*Tip : Work on 9th degree items, set yourself a budget, 4-5million gold per piece buying price.

*Tip : Buy only when there is a 'blue' modification on the item, it boosts the chances of aquiring a stone of that particular degree. Look out for Lucky/Str/Challenge/Agility and etc stones.

*Tip : Sell off the elements, after observing market rates in stall network.

**NOTE : This is not encouraged, even if you own 100-200million gold.

Fun fact : Recently i experimented, spent almost a day on the weekends, invested 50million gold, got back only 56.75million gold, after selling all the stones and elements. My point of view? Low
probability/profit.

4 - Character builds.

I myself personally did not play any European characters so far, well the potion limit is a good thing, in a way, it controls how you spend your potions, saving you gold in the long run, gold making in
grinding, i would say European > Chinese. As for builds, i won't elaborate on European builds as if like i really know about them /lol.

As for chinese builds, all is good, except for Glaviers, look at the MP cost, at high levels, you're spending almost a MP pot for every skill. This is one build not to be encouraged for earning gold,
grinding wise, you're open to all attacks(no shield), you're slow(short range). Bots using glavies, far off worse, doing soul spear or ghost spear on a mob thats left with 10% hp left, word.
Change your mindset if you're in to making gold and not buying gold. Quit thinking about big weapons, big damage, big spins.

Fun fact : Im legit, but i do have friends that bots, a friend of mine, lv85 str glavier, recently attempted to borrow gold from me saying,"hi Shen, could you lend me like 50-75m? i need to buy myself a
cheap lv85 glavie"

5 - Equipment

----Alchemy / Endurability Enhancements----

Short and simple, NEVER try your luck in making a pimped weapon on your own, a +5 with blues might cost you 50m, but are you aware how much is spent in it's alchemy? Good luck though, if you find a SoX and decides to beef it up.

----Seal of Star / Moon / Sun - Controlling your gold when buying equipment.----

Now you've made some gold, would you consider getting yourself some SoX? Or rather go for further growth in your wealth? Me, ill go with the latter.

Before you think of buying these 'blings', ask yourself these questions:

-Can you afford them?
-How much would you have left after buying them?
-Do you really really need them?
-Are they going to depreciate if i were to re-sell? (dropping prices)
-Is the ''head-turns / Wows" worth the gold?
-Get jealous remarks of being assumed as a gold buyer after earning so hard for it? Be prepared for these bull-toot.

6 - Conclusion

So, once again, i would like to discourage illegal gold buying and botting, i believe you're confident in making some gold right now with my methods above. So go on, put down your bot, try it out yourself,
who knows, you could be a billionaire too, maybe get richer and faster than me, why not?

If you're poor, dont assume others to be poor as you, nor call others gold buyers when that player is
richer than you /end flame.

Well, i hope my information helps, or rather i hope i didn't waste any of your time reading.

7 - Self-posted Q / A section
Q : How much time i spend on SRO daily?
A : 3 solid hours of gaming daily, and stalling overnight.

Q : Trust me, 10 years down the road, you'll regret spending the 3hours behind the screen.
A : Mom, teach me about life. I play sro after work to relax myself and interact with my friends.

Q : Why do i buy Seal of Sun? Since im a gold freak.
A : It will aid my blader in handgrinding from lvl64-85 at a high speed, im already prepared to lose 50-75m
reselling them due to depreciation after im done using them.

Q : What is depreciation.
A : Term whereby an item grows old, loses it worth.

Q : Why am i doing this? Am i not afraid to lose out to others?
A : Im done earning, its time for me to slow down my pace and enjoy gaming.

Well, Thats most of it proven possible, good luck to all you gamers / readers, stay cool.

Stay cool, proud to be legit :-)

*NO intended flames or insult, i apologise in advance if i have offended any readers with my language.

*Readers, if possible, leave a shoutout ^^, bump this thread up, at the meant time, enjoy gaming :)

PS : Im Gaming in Athens, for certain item prices you would like to clarify, simply try looking for me ingame, i will try my best helping out with price checks (not equipments though).

Last edited by Dolavimus on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] : Path's to becoming a Guilt-Free Rich Gamer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:00 pm 
Ex-Staff

Quote:
IGN : portable (legit blader wannabe)

Just wannabe? =/

Dissapointing. You should be aware that this is an anti-bot forum.

Anyways, your guide is good. I'd like it added to the guides sticky. Thank you for posting. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:03 pm 
Banned User

Stress: perhaps im misunderstood by the word 'wannabe', my bad. Not a botter, and never a botter. :D

ps: could you kindly please move this to the appropriate section? I've come to realise only after posting :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:27 pm 

impressive guide. well thought out and pretty well written. grats on your new buy and hope you hit 90 soon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:39 pm 
Ex-Staff

Dolavimus wrote:
Stress: perhaps im misunderstood by the word 'wannabe', my bad. Not a botter, and never a botter. :D

ps: could you kindly please move this to the appropriate section? I've come to realise only after posting :oops:

I've moved it already. Look in Guides&Tutorials for yourself. What is left in Characters&Skills is a so-called "shadow topic". I've left the shadow topic there, so that more people can see the guide.

Thank you for the clarification. I was wondering what a "wannabe legit" was doing in PPC afterall. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:13 pm 
Loyal Member

Great Guide Dude, i just started selling Elements and made 6m in 2 days. I had 1m when i started (i had a pick up pet and NPC'd everything i picked up) then did a few trade runs.

What do you think about buying NPC items and rondoing them just for elements and re-selling? ( I didnt see this in your guide)

Playing Jade Dynasty
2x Lupin Wdfmymoney

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:18 pm 

nvm...

Last edited by Knight_Ange1 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:19 pm 

Very nice guide.

I myself, am more of a Grinder to make gold. On my server there are plenty of party play going around. With this, just join a pt and kill. You make a good amount of gold this way as many know. Right now at the low lvs, i make about 300k-350k profit each time i come back to town to repot/repair/sell Inventory. I could be making tons more gold if i Stalled my items instead of npcing them. I will try to stall, but i dislike leaving the game on while i sleep. Who knows, i may figure out a solution. This is a great method if you want to lv up and earn some gold.

I need to start looking into stall network. I really dont have time because i get tons of pms for Pt play.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:37 pm 
Common Member

Really nice guide for making money, nothing too fancy just lays down all the basics. This is the kinda guide that people will copy and paste into a topic each time someone asks 'how do I get rich?'. 5* =)

Lvl 2x Pure INT Sword/Shield [INACTIVE]

Lvl 7x Pure INT Spear [ACTIVE]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:12 pm 
Banned User

~Buy Low
~Pimp
~Sell High is the quickest way to earn gold
Spoiler!

Not too much, but it is more then most have 8).

Since u made a how to make gold guide, how much gold you have? *Curious*

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:55 pm 
Banned User

Stress wrote:
Quote:
IGN : portable (legit blader wannabe)

Just wannabe? =/

Dissapointing. You should be aware that this is an anti-bot forum.

Anyways, your guide is good. I'd like it added to the guides sticky. Thank you for posting. :)

he has a good guide ye, not sure if it was diffrenet when u quoted it but it said legit blader lvl 90 wannnabe, i think he means he wants to be lvl 90 now a legit blader

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:47 pm 
Banned User

nohunta wrote:
What do you think about buying NPC items and rondoing them just for elements and re-selling? ( I didnt see this in your guide)

My views:
*I wouldn't put my effort into it if the profit rate is not significant
(i've friends spending hours and hours, maybe even the whole day, just to earn a few million. Might be worth a try though.)
*Why not buy from NPC? Try looking into stall network instead, players would sell their findings(gear) slightly off the NPC buying price, rather than NPC'ing them for an lower price, sometimes it gets even better to buy them cheap in stall network, with blue modifications. Meaning, a chance to acquire a magical stone, which boosts your earning other than just elements plainly.

Backfire wrote:
~Buy Low
~Pimp
Spoiler!

pimp: Perhaps i don't believe in luck beefing up equipment in alchemy, never did that, not even once, no doubt it's good profit, i would prefer going the slow and steady way 8)

hmm gold? heh heh, i've yet to liquify my items for resale profit, did a total up recently, my assets are 35-50% above yours :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:32 am 
Common Member

wow, realy nice guide (bit of barrack obama when you said: Yes you can!(vote barrack :oops: !))

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:31 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

MoneymakerR wrote:
wow, realy nice guide (bit of barrack obama when you said: Yes you can!(vote barrack :oops: !))

Yes WE can! :D

Pacheon/Fire/Light
Addiktz
Lvl 2X Full Int
Spear/Fire/Light

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:18 pm 
Loyal Member

Nice guide, shame I completely suck at money management. :banghead:

:love: Shen

"I'm not an evolved being, how dare you call me that" - Christian

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:42 pm 
Banned User

Dolavimus wrote:
nohunta wrote:

My views:
*I wouldn't put my effort into it if the profit rate is not significant
(i've friends spending hours and hours, maybe even the whole day, just to earn a few million. Might be worth a try though.)
*Why not buy from NPC? Try looking into stall network instead, players would sell their findings(gear) slightly off the NPC buying price, rather than NPC'ing them for an lower price, sometimes it gets even better to buy them cheap in stall network, with blue modifications. Meaning, a chance to acquire a magical stone, which boosts your earning other than just elements plainly.

Backfire wrote:
~Buy Low
~Pimp
Spoiler!

pimp: Perhaps i don't believe in luck beefing up equipment in alchemy, never did that, not even once, no doubt it's good profit, i would prefer going the slow and steady way 8)

hmm gold? heh heh, i've yet to liquify my items for resale profit, did a total up recently, my assets are 35-50% above yours :D

Sure it costs a bit of money to do it, but 100% worth it. Buy an 85 weapon [1's that people need most, like glavies imo.] Buy the cheapest 1 you can find. 10m[is the going price of 85 bad weapons on Saturn]. Even +4 is good, +4 isn't hard to make. +3 even. I normally +5 mine, spending around 3~4mil in elixers [on a bad day]. Blues aren't bad, you don't need em to be 100%, and if ur lucky enough you can get em 50%+. Spend around 20m adding blues / fixing white stats to something useable. I spend around ~40m pimping weapons [because I buy stones, and if you have all the elixers / elements you won't spend nearly as much as i do. You say you do elements and always have elixers soo :) pimping weapons would be cheaper and more gain.] Full +5'd blued weapons with decent blues and decent stats sell for 80m~130m depending on which weapon it is and how good the blues are
Spoiler!

I did that last night, mag % i will fix and the Attack Rating I will fix. I 39mil total on it, and will probably get around 85m back. 46mil profit 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:56 pm 
Loyal Member

Yes its very profitable.... Like i said i went from 1-6m in like 3 days. ( im lvl 31)

Playing Jade Dynasty
2x Lupin Wdfmymoney

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:16 am 

Dolavimus wrote:
5 - Equipment

----Alchemy / Endurability Enhancements----

Short and simple, NEVER try your luck in making a pimped weapon on your own, a +5 with blues might cost you 50m, but are you aware how much is spent in it's alchemy? Good luck though, if you find a SoX and decides to beef it up.

i think is cheaper to pimp gear yourself than buy it already pimped
(88 item goes for ~30mil clean + ~20mil =~50 mil | buy it pimped and u will pay ~90 mil maybe even more)

DNG 7x, Wizard/Cleric (inactive)
:love:KM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:00 am 
Banned User

Mmm, well perhaps i never did believed in luck, was never successful in pimpin stuff, so i gave up :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:33 pm 
Banned User

Spent another 40m and look at the sword now :)
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:53 am 
Banned User

Backfire wrote:
Spent another 40m and look at the sword now :)
Spoiler!

Thats very nice, you fully beefed it up, quite a good profit if you were to resell it i bet :)

But, if i were to take my point of view to the extreme side, i would take these factors into comparison :

total amount of time spent on alchemy
vs
time used to sell it off
vs
amount of profit made

Well, perhaps im thinking too much, please dont take my words too seriously, im just jealous @ your luck in pimping stuff. :banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:09 pm 
Banned User

I tried that pimping thing, but in another way.
Bought a fully blued 85+0 and tried to make it +5. Spent 4 mil on elixirs for it so far, but highest i got is only +3. :banghead:
But im sure im gonna make it!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:07 am 
Banned User

Great guide! I'll try my best to not spend my gold =D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:28 pm 
Casual Member

Dude a realy great guide..Props props props :D
I make money at the same way as you described everything, really cool. Im lvl 12 now and ive got like 3 m :) , just by selling high and buying cheap, just as you described it.
realy nice guide, keep up the work!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:26 am 
Banned User

i'm making 15-20 mil/day by destroy-ing wep and sell elements,make elements and then set stall and go play some other games or go out,after few hours 7 of 10 is sold,then set more and so again,and when i go to sleep make my stall full and when i wake up all sold 15-20 mil more in pocket :)

btw i'm too insterested how much money do you Dolavimus have

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:38 pm 
Frequent Member

sandrolav wrote:
i'm making 15-20 mil/day by destroy-ing wep and sell elements,make elements and then set stall and go play some other games or go out,after few hours 7 of 10 is sold,then set more and so again,and when i go to sleep make my stall full and when i wake up all sold 15-20 mil more in pocket :)

btw i'm too insterested how much money do you Dolavimus have
pls stop telling ppl how to make money or u/me/others who do this sort of thing wont get any profits anymore :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Server: normal
Build: 71 Pure Str Glavie / 74 Pure Int Sword
Quit

New Char Isro Iris Battle Bard/wizard 4x Quit
SwSro next possibly? quit
another attemp at Iris.. quit lvl 60..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:41 am 
Banned User

I make enough money as it is solo-euro grinding with my bard/cleric. Being at level 22 atm, i make 100k everytime i get back to town and soon to be more after i sell my elements. I enjoy my build because i only have to use 1 50 stack of hp pots and 1 stack of 5 mp pots (just for backup).

But what would you recomend to start getting money faster as a low level?

It's a bit hard to buy low and sell high at a level that doesn't have much worth except d4 wind elements.

Or would you recomend that I level up some more until every time I return from town I end up with a profit of like 300k gold from tabs and other drops?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:16 pm 
Banned User

just keep grinding,best way to get money at low lvl ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:44 pm 
Banned User

SykoAzn wrote:
I make enough money as it is solo-euro grinding with my bard/cleric. Being at level 22 atm, i make 100k everytime i get back to town and soon to be more after i sell my elements. I enjoy my build because i only have to use 1 50 stack of hp pots and 1 stack of 5 mp pots (just for backup).

But what would you recomend to start getting money faster as a low level?

It's a bit hard to buy low and sell high at a level that doesn't have much worth except d4 wind elements.

Or would you recomend that I level up some more until every time I return from town I end up with a profit of like 300k gold from tabs and other drops?

Try these,

You could start buying low selling high already, just work on cheap elixirs (accessory / shield), study the prices in hotan's stall network.
Advance slowly and steadily to buying and selling higher cost items (Protector elixirs/weapon elixirs/str tabs).
That is after you've profitted enough from the first part.

you don't really need millions to start off, thats what i'd like to highlight.

Good luck~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:03 pm 
Common Member

dude thanks so much... i have already made close to 2 mil from this... and for me thats a lot... :D