Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Guide] Warrior/Warlock [1H/2H] v1.0 [56K Warning]
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:19 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

raphaell666 wrote:
Lyzard wrote:
Hi, guide is very good, but i must say this ; this build not has a change against Warrior/Cleric. They always beggining with bless spell (and holy spell ofc) and after that, they using iron skin or mana skin. So there is no chance to stun them, cuz iron/mana skin's casttime lesser than 1 seconds.

This build has chances against a warrior/cleric, as long as it's being used correctly. Of course, not everyone can do it, but it is absolutely possible.

Really? Then can you tell me what kind of strategy can usable against warrior/cleric? You can't debuff them, u can't damage them, plus he has specia pills too. So even dots can not make a bad status.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:34 pm 
Banned User

Bobby wrote:
The DoTs will give statuses but otherwise then tht, their use is pretty limited. And i've found warlock helps a lot once u get to lvl44, division and sleep bug. Don't expect ur warlock sub to help u much in PvE

DoT on giants/parties, giving them poison/fire status helps in the long term.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:44 pm 
Banned User

So he should add a skill or two that we should use ? Blade & Toxin?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:24 pm 
Common Member

Yerukane wrote:
So he should add a skill or two that we should use ? Blade & Toxin?

If you want to add, go for decay and dark breath, they give bleed and dull respectively, which can help your damage a lot.

But its kinda a waste of SP since when you're holding warrior weapons, dots dont do much damage.

Vsro
IGN: Saviour
Server: Bach Duong
Guild: United_EU

Vsro index of Guides and Downloads: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=106663
Our English-Speaking Union Recruting: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=107007

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:17 pm 
Banned User

So i guess the dot skills are waste . Decay and birth has 2 upgrades on lvl 70-80 without wasting any sp on the lower version .
well .. idk , i love 2h'ing and 1h is required for pt . if i lvl all at once i won't ff it for sure . what would be the best way to ff everything and lvl pretty quickly ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:08 am 
Banned User

Lyzard wrote:
Really? Then can you tell me what kind of strategy can usable against warrior/cleric? You can't debuff them, u can't damage them, plus he has specia pills too. So even dots can not make a bad status.

I won't reply to that right now, unless you insist. You clearly does not know what you are talking about. You could try reading the PvP section of this guide for a little info by the way.

Yerukane wrote:
So i guess the dot skills are waste . Decay and birth has 2 upgrades on lvl 70-80 without wasting any sp on the lower version .
well .. idk , i love 2h'ing and 1h is required for pt . if i lvl all at once i won't ff it for sure . what would be the best way to ff everything and lvl pretty quickly ?

The best way would be powerfarming at ongs, but, as I've already said, you cannot do that anymore. There's not really a best way right now, but the best way in my opinion would be to farm with a 9 gap at a high level with awesome equipment.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:46 am 
Banned User

What does it means High lvls? like 81 to 90 ~ 90 to 99 ? +1 99 to 100 on 9 gap for 20 lvls? that could be good but on the lower lvls i'll have lack of skills right :x?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:33 am 
Banned User

Yerukane wrote:
What does it means High lvls?

Anything above ~ 64 is good enough to farm imo.

Yerukane wrote:
like 81 to 90 ~ 90 to 99 ? +1 99 to 100 on 9 gap for 20 lvls? that could be good

I sincerely don't understand what you tried to say. :S

Yerukane wrote:
but on the lower lvls i'll have lack of skills right :x?

Yes, and there are less chances of you being able to afford good equipment at lower levels.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:45 am 
Banned User

how do you get enough money for buying good equips?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:07 am 
Banned User

BTW : for ff'ing this build with only needed skills by the guide it will take 1,848,844 for this cap . for ff'ing it with axes too it's 2,190,393 sp . from 0 masteries to 100 masteries .
prepare to farm .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:39 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

raphaell666 wrote:
I won't reply to that right now, unless you insist. You clearly does not know what you are talking about. You could try reading the PvP section of this guide for a little info by the way.

Well, please tell me. I already read the guide.
But plz dont say "stun him when he changes weapon" cuz u can't do that, they always begining with bless, so there is not a "weapon change".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:01 pm 
Loyal Member

tip when fighting euros (mainly xbow) is to watch out for bind...

i know a lot dont do that but if xbow binds you they can attack you for 10 seconds while you just stand there

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:26 pm 
Banned User

Lyzard wrote:
But plz dont say "stun him when he changes weapon" cuz u can't do that, they always begining with bless, so there is not a "weapon change".

I'm not in the mood to write a really elaborate reply, but:
Disease + panic + bleed + well timed stun = win. Just note that, if you are fighting a really skilled warrior/cleric, you'll have a very hard fight, but still not impossible in my opinion. It'd depend on who has better player skills, equipment and less lag. Having all 3 weapon skills maxed would help a lot here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:48 pm 
Banned User

Do i use Robe for lvling too ? or Ha ? cause robe decrease my defense by tons .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:16 pm 
Banned User

Yerukane wrote:
Do i use Robe for lvling too ? or Ha ? cause robe decrease my defense by tons .

Whatever you prefer. Knowing that you are a pure STR and lack magical defense, robes would be the better one. You can use light armor or heavy armor anyways, it's completely up to you. For leveling against physical mobs (which are the majority) heavy armor or light armor would probably be the most recommended ones. For pvping, robes would probably be better because you'd be consuming a lot of MP with warlock skills, so the -20% mp consumption would help.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:20 pm 
Banned User

Ok , thanks .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:11 am 

raphaell666 wrote:
Lyzard wrote:

I'm not in the mood to write a really elaborate reply, but:
Disease + panic + bleed + well timed stun = win. Just note that, if you are fighting a really skilled warrior/cleric, you'll have a very hard fight, but still not impossible in my opinion. It'd depend on who has better player skills, equipment and less lag. Having all 3 weapon skills maxed would help a lot here.

It's not impossible but if ur fighting any decent warrior/cleric, ur chances aren't great. They are a pain when they have those light armor passives on, if they are heal tanking they are almost impossible to kill. Pills and integrity will keep those statuses off and then they can kill u with bless and/or skins on. Tho there are a lot of warriors on my server which just keep the dare devil>turn rising>triple swing cycle going, if ur vsing one of those, ur chances are a lot higher.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:26 pm 
Banned User

Bobby wrote:
It's not impossible but if ur fighting any decent warrior/cleric, ur chances aren't great. They are a pain when they have those light armor passives on, if they are heal tanking they are almost impossible to kill. Pills and integrity will keep those statuses off and then they can kill u with bless and/or skins on. Tho there are a lot of warriors on my server which just keep the dare devil>turn rising>triple swing cycle going, if ur vsing one of those, ur chances are a lot higher.

raphaell666 wrote:
Just note that, if you are fighting a really skilled warrior/cleric, you'll have a very hard fight, but still not impossible in my opinion. It'd depend on who has better player skills, equipment and less lag. Having all 3 weapon skills maxed would help a lot here.

:P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:13 am 
Loyal Member

Well, incase some people dont know, since the 100 cap update, Panic will not even go through Holy Word/Spell anymore, even if the opponent has disease, stun does not work as much on someone with Holy Word, again even if they have disease, so why the hell would Joymax nerf the Warrior/Warlock build even more, like it wasnt tough enough with only being able to get off 3 things, they reduced it to barely 2. Bleed and Stun. Clerics have RD and heals, but I guess they thought it was a good idea to take away the only way we had a better chance. It is just BS

[/rant]

"I'm not an evolved being, how dare you call me that" - Christian

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:07 pm 
Banned User

VforVendetta wrote:
Well, incase some people dont know, since the 100 cap update, Panic will not even go through Holy Word/Spell anymore, even if the opponent has disease, stun does not work as much on someone with Holy Word, again even if they have disease, so why the hell would Joymax nerf the Warrior/Warlock build even more, like it wasnt tough enough with only being able to get off 3 things, they reduced it to barely 2. Bleed and Stun. Clerics have RD and heals, but I guess they thought it was a good idea to take away the only way we had a better chance. It is just BS

[/rant]

Holy shit. Panic doesn't go through holy spell anymore? I can't believe that. :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:25 pm 
Common Member

Yeah, and to think that I was expecting a Holy Spell nerf...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:21 am 
Frequent Member

VforVendetta wrote:

[/rant]

Well, that sounds pretty horrible, lol. =( More so for Int-based Warlocks. Now I'm kinda glad my friend talked me into making a Chinese char. >_>

Edit: Were you using level 10 Panic or level 9?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:16 am 
Loyal Member

Fug_Dup wrote:
VforVendetta wrote:

[/rant]

Well, that sounds pretty horrible, lol. =( More so for Int-based Warlocks. Now I'm kinda glad my friend talked me into making a Chinese char. >_>

Edit: Were you using level 10 Panic or level 9?

I was testing out on my guild mate we are both on level 82 skills, so she had Lv 1 Holy Spell and I was using Lv 8 Panic. But the thing is we tested it when she had no gear on, and a harp on so no possible passives to reinforce the resistance, I got disease on her and spammed panic each time I could, it resist each and every try (around 30 tries).

Another guildmate who has a Warlock Cleric lv 94 tried it with Lv 10 Panic and it will not even go through a Lv 9 Holy Spell and rarely through Lv 8 ones unless there is disease and even then its not likely. So it just completely boggles my mind as to why Joymax would do this, making my subclass be 98% useless cause almost everyone is cleric sub and or has a outside cleric buffing them...

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:54 am 
Common Member

I'd switch back to Rogue sub or maybe try Cleric again if it wasn't too time-consuming and costly to de-level my level 87 Warlock skills. Bleed and stun... I can get that from Dual Axes. :banghead: That nerf is just so wrong. Farming ridiculous amounts of SP for skills that I almost never use in PvE and only effective against Chinese in PvP is utter bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:35 am 
Loyal Member

VforVendetta wrote:

Edit: Were you using level 10 Panic or level 9?[/color]

I was testing out on my guild mate we are both on level 82 skills, so she had Lv 1 Holy Spell and I was using Lv 8 Panic. But the thing is we tested it when she had no gear on, and a harp on so no possible passives to reinforce the resistance, I got disease on her and spammed panic each time I could, it resist each and every try (around 30 tries).

Another guildmate who has a Warlock Cleric lv 94 tried it with Lv 10 Panic and it will not even go through a Lv 9 Holy Spell and rarely through Lv 8 ones unless there is disease and even then its not likely. So it just completely boggles my mind as to why Joymax would do this, making my subclass be 98% useless cause almost everyone is cleric sub and or has a outside cleric buffing them...

maybe her level adds enough resistance to it? try on a lv 10 or something

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:16 am 

-.- wrote:
VforVendetta wrote:

Edit: Were you using level 10 Panic or level 9?[/color]

maybe her level adds enough resistance to it? try on a lv 10 or something

If u used lvl10 panic on a lvl10 with lvl1 holy spell, it's possible to get panic on, but the fact remains that holy spell has resistance against panic. Anyone with a decent holy word/spell lvl would make it very hard to get panic on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 pm 
Banned User

Realy so nice topic >>>>>>>>>>>> :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:44 am 
Loyal Member

Even with the build being almost completely nerfed, I will stick to it, not only in the hopes that they Reduce Holy Spell/Word to 50% (As they should have done going by KSRO Trends) but also for the fact that this is a way more fun build than Warrior Clerics, there is just so much potential behind it, I will not join the bandwagon just because they did this, always been a Warrior/Warlock and will be till I quit :P

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:31 pm 
Common Member

and now.... :?:

what is the best option for a warrior/warlock @ 10d?
im 1h warrior/warlock Lv92 on server babel.

1h warrior/cleric - maximum european tanker, u cant kill someone, but they cant kill u too^^.
2h warrior/cleric - noobie build, everyone is 2h, that suxx.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:26 pm 
Common Member

All Warrior/Warlocks dead or did quit SRO? :D

I need help.... :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next