Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Guide] Warrior/Warlock [1H/2H] v1.0 [56K Warning]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:25 am 
Frequent Member

A REAL tanker never switch to his sub. Otherwise his friends die immediately with lack of warrior buff.

In a really organised mass war, warrior/warlock = warrior/cleric = warrior/no sub.

i agree with that but...ever fought in/against a pt with everyone with a cleric sub with immolation/oblation? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:51 pm 
Valued Member

Bop wrote:
MysticRose wrote:
A REAL tanker never switch to his sub. Otherwise his friends die immediately with lack of warrior buff.

In a really organised mass war, warrior/warlock = warrior/cleric = warrior/no sub.

i agree with that but...ever fought in/against a pt with everyone with a cleric sub with immolation/oblation? :wink:

thats so damn annoying, have in ctf and of course my can't team think to work together when that happens so they just end up 100% of the time blessed spawn camping us

Raamroc "So many people to kill so little time"
Xao "But you're immortal"
Raamroc "So much time"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:58 am 
Banned User

All the Warlock skills you showed, Those are the ones we should get right?

If not what all skills should we get?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:27 pm 
Frequent Member

Waffelz wrote:
All the Warlock skills you showed, Those are the ones we should get right?

If not what all skills should we get?

Yes, max only the skills I showed on the list. =)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:41 pm 
Frequent Member

Bop wrote:
MysticRose wrote:

With my blader in Fortress War the way we would take down people with Immolation/Oblation was I would debuff them with Bleed + Division and then I would do chains while a nuker or a wizard nuked them. They would drop so fast.

ecSRO Highest Damage Contest v1.1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:26 pm 
Banned User

Just a question.

Should i wear heavy armor instead of Robes for a bit till i actually get to the ''nicer robes''

I won't be pvping for a while, More tanking and stuff for partys.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:46 pm 
Frequent Member

Waffelz wrote:
Just a question.

Should i wear heavy armor instead of Robes for a bit till i actually get to the ''nicer robes''

I won't be pvping for a while, More tanking and stuff for partys.

If you are gonna just party play with the Warrior then yes. But if you aren't and you are just gonna solo, then I'd suggest Robes so in case you are getting ganged you can switch to the warlock rod and stun, maybe debuff a bit.

ecSRO Highest Damage Contest v1.1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:08 am 

hi ,ive checked this guide ,and this is useful but i dont agree with this
100% ,iam also warrior/wl ,lvl 81 and i will say ,in my opinion what is writh and wrong:

1-Taunting target its unnecessary
2-on WL skills you should max dark seed and strap cause casts will take longer and u dont need w8 dark breath and dark decayed ,u have decayed and curse breath do precisely samr thing but only in 1 enemy
3-u should not add physical and combat ravage are aoe skills
4-u just need bloddy trap and not death trap(its aoe)
5-u certainly need blood flower its the best way to deactivate chinese firewall
6-at soul pressure u just need Daze the others are Aoe
7-i use illusion its important when having pvp in some place away
from usual pvp areas and want stop it
8-Scream mask its a waste of SP ,your pt needs more warrior buffs than this ,and if you change wl they loose warrior buffs
9-at Dim haze just slumber and wheel Bind ,recovery bind its an aoe

-using aoe skill isnt ethic ,in a pvp cause will attack other players and they will attack you ,and not very important in a pt cause other guys will be cleric blessed ,so dont waste SP and spare it to cap 100

-Definetely heavy armour its best suit to pvp this way u can kill rogue/cleric only with warrior skills,i also think this way you worst enemies will be warrior/clerics ,so try to buy a nice set and pray.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:12 am 

Marduk wrote:
100% ,iam also warrior/wl ,lvl 81 and i will say ,in my opinion what is writh and wrong:

2-on WL skills you should max dark seed and strap cause casts will take longer and u dont need w8 dark breath and dark decayed ,u have decayed and curse breath do precisely samr thing but only in 1 enemy
8-Scream mask its a waste of SP ,your pt needs more warrior buffs than this ,and if you change wl they loose warrior buffs

-using aoe skill isnt ethic ,in a pvp cause will attack other players and they will attack you ,and not very important in a pt cause other guys will be cleric blessed ,so dont waste SP and spare it to cap 100

-Definetely heavy armour its best suit to pvp this way u can kill rogue/cleric only with warrior skills,i also think this way you worst enemies will be warrior/clerics ,so try to buy a nice set and pray.

You do need the aoe stun cos it has a separate cooldown to the single target one. Apart from tht u don't need the aoe debuffs. I think robes are chosen for this build cos u shouldn't have any problems with chinese strs, robes will make it easier to survive a wizard nuke. It does give u an disadvantage against europe strs with cleric sub, but rogues could probably be dealt with in robes. But ur right, warrior/clerics would be a problem.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:53 am 
Frequent Member

Marduk wrote:

1. Taunting is very useful for party play. When I wrote this guide my assumption was that the person would level themselves manually, not through powerlevel. If anything is to be known about a Warrior is that Taunting skills are a must for a good party.
2. Dark Seed and Dark Strap are not necessary. One boosts magical damage (you are STR, not INT) and the other increases the amount of time the DoT stays on enemies.
3. Again, my guide is based on a party-based build. You are Euro. You are not a soloer. There are other people that will require your help.
4. You need both, and here is why. Both have separate cooldowns. If ever you decide to do the trap/sleep combo on your opponent and one trap fails, just use the AoE one with 100% probability.
5. If you read the guide, you will know that Bloody Flower is actually not the best way to deactivate a Fire Wall. You use Sprint Assault until it stuns your enemy. The stun will cancel the firewall and you are free to debuff them. No magical attacks required.
6. If you're fighting an archer and you have no speed buff, you will most certainly want Curse Sight. This reduces the range the archers attacks making them easier to reach even without a speed buff.
7. Illusion is optional. It is not a skill most people use on a regular basis. The restrictions of this skill make it somewhat limited.
8. Scream Mask is VERY useful in parties. If there is another Warrior in your party, you can play as a Warlock and debuff enemies.
9. Again, both have seperate cooldowns. If one fails, you use the AoE as backup. As a Warrior, you can tank damage. The main debuffs (Weaken, Decayed, Division, Impotent) should never be AoE unless your job in the party is to debuff, but most of the other AoE skills in the Warlock tree server as backups.

Heavy Armor is horrible versus INT-based enemies. Like I said in the guide, Warriors already have enough physical defense, so you don't need Heavy Armor. And Rogue/Clerics? This class has inherently bad defense. It is not that difficult to kill Warrior/Clerics. It just takes practice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:04 pm 

i keep my opinion as u are free to keep yours but i would like to underline 2 line u said

Quote:
5. If you read the guide, you will know that Bloody Flower is actually not the best way to deactivate a Fire Wall. You use Sprint Assault until it stuns your enemy. The stun will cancel the firewall and you are free to debuff them. No magical attacks required.

u are completely wrong ,sprint is very good to ice wall not to firewall ,u may try 5 or 6 times to deactivate FW and u cant ,otherway imagine u are fighting a guy that use a FW u sprint and deactivate ,but immediately he change ice wall ,and u cant use sprint again...what u do?with blood flower u turn Fw at 1st or 2nd time and then sprint to ice wall.

Quote:
6. If you're fighting an archer and you have no speed buff, you will most certainly want Curse Sight. This reduces the range the archers attacks making them easier to reach even without a speed buff.

sure u want curse sight ,dark breath ,dark decayed and wheel bind and dont get rush ,problem is you will be dead after 2 shoots ,with a rogue cleric u dont use wl ,u sprint ,TR ,TS ,them he starts healing and u do DD its the way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:59 pm 
Frequent Member

Marduk wrote:
i keep my opinion as u are free to keep yours but i would like to underline 2 line u said

u are completely wrong ,sprint is very good to ice wall not to firewall ,u may try 5 or 6 times to deactivate FW and u cant ,otherway imagine u are fighting a guy that use a FW u sprint and deactivate ,but immediately he change ice wall ,and u cant use sprint again...what u do?with blood flower u turn Fw at 1st or 2nd time and then sprint to ice wall.

Here is some important info;

- Skills with a Stun probability now have an increased probability to Stun after the Legend Plus update.
- Assuming the enemy's Fire Wall is maxed, you will waste time destroying the wall with Warlock, a class which has no defense passives. On the other hand, if you destroy the wall with Sprint Assault while having 1H equipped, your defense will be high (Warrior has many defense passives) and you can also damage your opponent at the same time with 1H skills. Sprint whenever possible and the Fire Wall will not be an issue.
- If he immediately changes to Ice Wall, you use your other Warrior skills. o_O They are Physical. Ice Walls break with physical attacks. No Sprint Assault needed to break Ice Wall at all. A quick 1H skill or even Shield Crush can break it very easily all the while you have high defense.

Don't depend so much on 2H. There are situations in which 1H is just the better alternative.

Quote:
sure u want curse sight ,dark breath ,dark decayed and wheel bind and dont get rush ,problem is you will be dead after 2 shoots ,with a rogue cleric u dont use wl ,u sprint ,TR ,TS ,them he starts healing and u do DD its the way.

I have personally played this build before and it's not difficult to fight archers at all. In fact, I don't even recall a time when an archer beat me in PvP. Different people have different experience level. With a Rogue/Cleric, you don't need Warlock but it does help. Stuns and Wheel Bind end the fights faster.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:29 pm 
Casual Member

if sprint doesnt works.. you can always use shield trash!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:44 pm 
Frequent Member

if sprint doesnt works.. you can always use shield trash!

If you mean to take down fire wall with dull, as far as I tested, the wall never came down, so I'm assuming u can only take it down with stun from these tank skills or I was just rly unlucky >.< and I lold at the post about not getting taunt lul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:06 pm 
Loyal Member

If someone does deploy a Fire Wall against you, the trick that usually works for me whilst attempting the sprint assaults is using Advanced Reflect, then switch back to 1handed Sword and use Vital Increase, this will give you enough oppertunity to survive whilst trying to take the wall down, all the while having the chance to return damage. Once the wall is down, they may try to cast again, either stun or Shield Crush asap, after that its pretty much fair game.

"I'm not an evolved being, how dare you call me that" - Christian

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:24 pm 
Loyal Member

VforVendetta wrote:
If someone does deploy a Fire Wall against you, the trick that usually works for me whilst attempting the sprint assaults is using Advanced Reflect, then switch back to 1handed Sword and use Vital Increase, this will give you enough oppertunity to survive whilst trying to take the wall down, all the while having the chance to return damage. Once the wall is down, they may try to cast again, either stun or Shield Crush asap, after that its pretty much fair game.

couldn't you just skill a lvl 1 lock skill that attacks. i mean. lvl 1 walls are pretty weak. your lock rod should do enough dmg to get rid of it fast.

Come and play Jade Dynasty with me!
In USA-East The Billows, my name is AznFury. My Inductor ID is 6440043X060206013007425Z3f9d22
Copy the code when you make your first character and get lots of free stuff!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:01 pm 
Common Member

nice guide :P

Jessmeist3r -> Warlock/Cleric [SP-farming][xPostMorteMx] - 100k/650k
Wizz_Girl15 -> Wiz/Cleric Lv 65,1gap - [xPostMorteMx]- Full time TAXI-giver. Inactive
I_Nuk3_U -> Hybrid Nuker Lv 3x, 2gap -[xPostMorteMx]- Inactive

-Taking a Break,Playing Requiem:Bloodymare-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:19 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i cant see the image :(

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:23 pm 

scottymans wrote:
i cant see the image :(

Use the download link, it still works.

SOX Drops:
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:15 pm 
Frequent Member

Thanks, I forgot to update the host here. Should be working fine now. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:32 pm 
Banned User

Hi , well first of all this guide is amazing , i like all the 56k thing so much xD ! anyways for the guide itself , it has all i need except for optional skills that you didn't mentioned and other skills that shouldn't be used at all and reasons for them .
so .. im a pure warrior lvl 24 , just finished the gap and im ff on all warrior skills through 24 except for axes [means only 1h/2h] .
now im in a situation that i have sos shield and sos dark rod for lvl 16 which is wonderful untail 32 . i have around 1.3~1.5k sp even 1.6k after im done with 24 ; and i don't know if i should start lvling the lock sub cause the warrior suck alot of sp in each lvl to ff [on 1h and 2h ofcurse] . so if i'll try to ff lock into 24 right now with only 1.4k sp i'll lose all my sp without even ff'ing it + i won't have enough only for warrior on lvl 30 [6 gap] .
so how do you guys do it ? you ff warrior and put the lock mastery on lower so at 90 you can farm it all ? or you ff it with certain amount of gap ?
pls tell me the exact answer so i could make my perfect charecter .. im tierd of making fail ones and remake them over and over . thanks .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:22 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Hi, guide is very good, but i must say this ; this build not has a change against Warrior/Cleric. They always beggining with bless spell (and holy spell ofc) and after that, they using iron skin or mana skin. So there is no chance to stun them, cuz iron/mana skin's casttime lesser than 1 seconds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:32 pm 
Banned User

Lyzard wrote:
Hi, guide is very good, but i must say this ; this build not has a change against Warrior/Cleric. They always beggining with bless spell (and holy spell ofc) and after that, they using iron skin or mana skin. So there is no chance to stun them, cuz iron/mana skin's casttime lesser than 1 seconds.

This build has chances against a warrior/cleric, as long as it's being used correctly. Of course, not everyone can do it, but it is absolutely possible.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:43 pm 
Banned User

Well is there anyone who can answer my question above?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:23 pm 
Banned User

Yerukane, there's not a special formula or anything about that, and you can't do it wrong actually. What I'd maybe do in your case would be keep warrior and warlock always at the same level, and level them slowly, only level it when you can max both to the next level. You can check it on http://www.nivlam.com under European SP, so you can know how much SP you need to max both to the next level. This way would probably be the slowest one though. The fastest one would be to be FF'ed at ongs, but that isn't a possibility for you anymore. If you want, you can go 0 gapping until you run out of SP, then stop leveling masteries until you get a 9 gap (or level only the mastery level of warrior (could be warlock), do not level any skills, and go gathering "curst hearts"(from the resuscitation potion quest) until you get a 9 gap in relation to when you stopped leveling skills, then delevel warrior back to when you stopped leveling skills, so you'll have a instant 9 gap) and then plan your farming for what level you want to be FF'ed, and then level again and repeat when out of SP. You could also always keep a 5 gap or so, there are a few ways of doing it, it's all up to you. You can find most of what you'll need regarding SP on http://www.nivlam.com.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:46 pm 
Banned User

If you play on Venus pls contact me : Zercius .
either ways , im making it 6 gap to 30 now . but the thing is that the lock is still on 0 . so should i just max it with what i have right now? 2k sp . that site you gave me don't work .
it only says masteries lvl : 42 [for example] sp required : 0 .
HELP XD [im 26 btw .]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:05 am 
Banned User

Yerukane wrote:
If you play on Venus pls contact me : Zercius .
either ways , im making it 6 gap to 30 now . but the thing is that the lock is still on 0 . so should i just max it with what i have right now? 2k sp . that site you gave me don't work .
it only says masteries lvl : 42 [for example] sp required : 0 .
HELP XD [im 26 btw .]

No, I'm not actually playing silkroad at the moment (no time for now).

If you are sure you are going to be warlock, then I think you should level it, why leave it at 0? In the site I linked you to (http://www.nivlam.com) you should choose your masteries, then level the skills as much as the mastery you've chosen allows you to. On the left, on the "Current skills" tab, put your current skills, and on the right tab, "Planned skills", put the skills and mastery you are planning to farm for. After you've leveled all the skills and masteries (on both tabs), press "Calculate" on the upper right part of the screen, wait a little bit, and below the button "Calculate" a small thing will be showing the Required SP to level from the "Current skills" to the "Planned Skills" and below that, Mastery level (which is more for chinese characters so you shouldn't care about it).

Another useful tool from the site is the "SP Gap" which will show you how much SP you get from leveling from a certain level to another on a certain gap.

Everything is pretty self explanatory on that site, I don't think you'll have such a hard time learning how to use it. :P

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:55 am 
Banned User

well im not gonna ff on 30 and i'll have lack of sp .. anyways i think i should farm for lock at high lvls .. since it's not really helping out on low lvls :x . only one debuff and too short skills . btw what about the skill strap ? the one that increase the timing on the debuffs .. etc ; why i shouldn't level it ? theres also the skills Decayed and curse Breath , do we need to lvl them aswell?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:31 am 

Yerukane wrote:
well im not gonna ff on 30 and i'll have lack of sp .. anyways i think i should farm for lock at high lvls .. since it's not really helping out on low lvls :x . only one debuff and too short skills . btw what about the skill strap ? the one that increase the timing on the debuffs .. etc ; why i shouldn't level it ? theres also the skills Decayed and curse Breath , do we need to lvl them aswell?

The DoTs will give statuses but otherwise then tht, their use is pretty limited. And i've found warlock helps a lot once u get to lvl44, division and sleep bug. Don't expect ur warlock sub to help u much in PvE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:45 pm 
Banned User

so .. decayed is on lvl 2 . should i dlvl it? tought it's really gonna help on lvling too ;s .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next