Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Work in Progress Euro Party guide
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:01 am 
Veteran Member

I'll add to this over the week, expert advice from warlocks (all lvls really), warriors (50 and higher), bard and clerics over 70 would be apreciated. I'll make visual guides for each class later, depending how lazy i feel
Welcome to europe party play, if you took the time to read this you are looking for advice on how to play your role or maybe just curious how other people party, or maybe just come to mock me. Ahead i'll discuss the goals of the party, the different types of parties, and guide for each role in a party (with guest expertise).

Ever notice how some people in a party die more often then others, despite who they are with, as a cleric/wiz, warrior, past wizzard/bard, rogue, and noob warlock (i won't count what limited experience i have with them as much, as I can't really offer any advice), I've been able to from a objective stand point been able to observe many forms of parties at various levels and see what others have done that have been smart and stupid, or maybe even something one might not think about to until watching from an outward perspective.

No 2 parties are ever the same, even with the same people in the same place, every ones mood is different every day, and if some one is tired or pissed off they may not be at their peek for party grinding, and by proxy their unhappiness can even effect your own mood. Different creatures require different techniques and formations.

For example if you are grinding on the rock golems a static formation is a bad idea, the party needs to be a little more spread out and mobile, because of the creatures penetration aoe, where as for penon its better for the party to remain still and only the puller should be moving about.

Remember the goal of the party is to gain maximum xp in the time you have, efficiency is important, dying is not efficient, letting your team mates die is not efficient either, even if they suck try to compensate for their weaknesses but not at the extent of dying alot yourself.
Party Types
Typical (2 warriors, 2 bard, 1 cleric, 3 wizzard, , or 2 wizzard and a warlock)
This is the most common ideal party Divided into the various roles

Main Tank, The Defensive warrior their job is to defend the ints, as well as grab mobs off of the puller.
(coming soon, advice on main tank)

The Puller, The Lure, The offensive warrior, their job is to go out from the grinding location and grab mobs on to them and take it back to the party
(coming soon, advice on puller) Important note, just because a mob is following you doesn't mean you have its agro make sure to taunt every party mob or hit them with a skill besides sprint assult, when you return to the party making sure this has happen will prevent a mass of mobs leaving you to attack the cleric or wizzards, I try to do this out of range of the party vision because untill higher lvl they don't always know to wait for you to capture every mobs agro, this is a good way to save lives and you'll be praised as a good warrior for it even as a simple of a task as it is

The Wizzards, Nukers, The fire power of the group, their job is to deal the damage and kill the mobs.
(coming soon, advice on wizzard) Alot of wizzards can be over zealous or too focused, The priority comes to saving ints always, even as a wizzard you need to look out for your fellow ints, if you see a mob coming to attack the cleric or another int and it is with in your power to kill it take the shot, the cleric can't have tons of mobs going after them, and kill these loose mobs will make the job easier for the tank, and will improve your survival and the survival of your team. If you can't kill it but its going after an int use charged wind now, this is the time to use it, not only will it save them but its one hell of a light show and the tanks will normally notice.
Once you get earth barrier, don't be afraid to use it, try using it on every lure its cool down is short enough you can almost always do it, I don't understand why too many wizzards hardly use it or only use it when they get scared, use it almost as often as you can its cheap short enough cool down, there should be no hesitation, don't wait for things to become a problem and take the precausion before hand.
Life Control/LifeTurnover, you want to use this, but be warned if your warriors are lack luster, you might want to air on the side of caution and leave it off unless you are fenced or qoutaed.
Remember the warriors need to secure their agro before you go attacking, they can't be blamed for your over zealousness, a good practice is to wait for the warriors to come infront of the party as they stop moving and start tanking, then its typically safe to go, if they are doing their job right it should be safe to use aoe attacks (area of effect), and using them makes the party more effecient it would take ages to kill a lure if no one used their aoe nukes.

Warlocks, Debuffers, Their job in the party is put debuffs and damage over time curses on mobs, they make killing ptc and party giants alot faster then if you just had another wizzard, they make the mobs hit for less meaning its easier on the tanks and cleric, and they lower their defenses making the wizzards hit the mob for significantly harder (at gens i can nuke with meteor for like 7k plus the int buff from cleric, 9k, plus a bards magic dance, 11k, with a warlock debuff 18k) that warlock makes a huge difference, plus their dot (damage over time) skills can bring a party mob to its knees very quickly. As you can see they are a very nice aide to the party. I how ever do not have much expericance as one and can't really offer good advice, i'll see Astra would be willing to assist my guide.

Bards, Buffers/Mp healers, their job is to buff the party and keep their mp up at all times, during very intense lures the cleric can expend more mp then xl pots can keep up with, the bard is very vital to surviving these tough situations.
(coming soon, advice)
Now back when i used to bard, I was the mp bard not exactly the battle bard type, regardless of what was going on in the party, unless there was a break, I could keep a mana cycle on every member of the party at all times by myself. Its easy enough, start with yourself. MANA CYCLE YOURSELF FIRST. Start with yourself the first 6 names in the party, yourself again, the next 6 people in a rotating fashion, after you get to the bottem just count from the top again, and make sure you get yourself every 7th cycle, congradualtions with out much effort the entire party should have mana cycle on them at all times. (Except don't go chasing the lure, if he isn't close enough for the cycle skip him for now and catch next time) No matter what the party is doing if you are full int, and have up to date harp and skills, they'd have to try to run out of mp.
Next comes your tambours and dances. There are 3 main tambours, guard tambour(reduces the entire parties physical dmg taken by a certain percent), mana tambour(reduces magic dmg taken), and despite its name counts as a tambour: hit march (increases your entire parties hit ratio by a certain amount, this means they will be more likely to hit on the higher end of their damage range), Clout march is the same thing as hit march only more powerful. Something confusing about tambours is how the skill is described, but basicly it used mp over time to keep it running, aslo if you get hit there is a chance your tambour will go away, there is a passive to decrease the chances of loosing it however, but if you are doing your job as i described above you should never get any agro.
The Dances, why was it important to mention hit/clout were technically tambours? Because of the Dances. Alot of noob bards are confused that they can't use their dances, well the answer is simple you need a tambour present in order to use a dance. If you use a dance any tambour you yourself is playing will be canceled, this means you have to have another bard in order to use a dance. However this doesn't mean the party can't have another tambour say you want hit march and gaurd tambour, simply have the first bard cast his tambour, then do your dance, then you can use your tambour, the party will have 2 tambours and 1 dance going meaning the party will have increased dmg and defense by very good precents expessially at high lvls, lvl 90 dance of wizardry gives the party 38% magic damage increase (thats down right awesome).
The battle bard takes a whole different type of play, which will require you to stuff like mana wind in order to deal dmg and mp the party, the lazy way keeps you safe, and the parties mp full and their buffs never going down, you getting hit and loosing your gaurds tambour at the wrong time could mean some one will die

Cleric, The Healer, its too late at night to finis this one, i could say alot about cleric

Last edited by foudre on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Work in Progress Euro Party guide
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:21 pm 
Valued Member

I'm not a high lvl yet, but this guide seems to be off to a good start imho. ^^

I have to say, everyone talks about all these perfect parties and such. I'm lvl 35 atm on my old main char and one of my parties was pretty interesting. We had 4-6 rogues all using Xbow. We took on a kokuro PT giant and none of us got hit even once. xD
One of us would get KB once every attack just about, so the kokuro couldn't even touch us.

I had to share that, it was so much fun. :D

154k SP and growing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:10 am 

foudre wrote:
...Remember the goal of the party is to gain maximum xp in the time you have, efficiency is important, dying is not efficient, letting your team mates die is not efficient either, even if they suck try to compensate for their weaknesses but not at the extent of dying alot yourself.
Party Types
Typical (2 warriors, 2 bard, 4 wizzard, or 3 wizzard and a warlock)
This is the most common ideal party Divided into the various roles...

err... from my experience I'd say 2 Warriors, 2 bards, 3wizards/2wiz+Lock, and a cleric.
Point is to survive :) you need a cleric , or your tankers will die and then the wiz, followed by the bards.

Also, for the warrior's section, It really does depend on the mobs you are killing that determine the type of luring method.
Examples:

-Party at the Yetis-
1 tank is placed to guard the ints while the 2nd tank lures. Chances are, you'd be using Iron Skin to lure the mobs. When the first tanker's Iron Skin is in it's cool down phase (after the mobs are dead) send the other tank to go lure. This is basically a switch-off method to grinding. Why? Because at the Yetis, they are mixed with aggro and non-aggro types (unless you have found the secret spot where only regular yetis roam 8) )

-Party at Penons-
From my experience, both the tanks would always lure. The penons are non-aggro. Therefor, you can have your ints stay in a clustered group while the tanks lure from the surrounding areas. Be careful doing this though, because champs and giants are aggro based and they will attack your poor ints.

-Party at Pegs (Power Earth Ghost)-
This can be a combination of the two pulling methods. You can choose to have 1 tank defend while the other lures or you can have both tanks lure from all around the room. I've been in parties where both are easily done. Just depends on if you play smart. For example, have Tank A pull from the left side and bring the mobs to be killed by the ints. When Tank A comes back with his lure, send Tank B to pull mobs from the right while Tank A holds his aggro. You can keep switching off between tanks, or you can simply do the switch-off method instead.

I know you are not finished with the guide yet, but I wanted to give some feedback. Feel free to add this to your guide. I really only know info on the warrior because thats my roll in pt play. I really want to see the finished product of this.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:34 am 
Veteran Member

can't beleive missed saying cleric in typical party, well i mentioned below, ya i was busy this week but i am going to keep working on it, i'll add to it after i do Foudre's cypher lvl 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:35 pm 
Banned User

Quote:
Remember the goal of the party is to gain maximum xp in the time you have, efficiency is important, dying is not efficient, letting your team mates die is not efficient either, even if they suck try to compensate for their weaknesses but not at the extent of dying alot yourself.
Party Types

he talk about the cleric :roll:

the only think he miss was wich skill the cleric should use.
but every real cleric know with skillz use :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:20 pm 

Mishiru wrote:
Quote:
Party Types

he talk about the cleric :roll:

the only think he miss was wich skill the cleric should use.
but every real cleric know with skillz use :wink:

clearly you do not read other posts.... he added that in after i said something. Read before you post, get all the info not just a portion. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:40 pm 
Valued Member

Why not skip the Defensive Warrior? For saving the asses of the ints, you might as well use a xbow rogue. Not a lot of people understand the role of a rogue in a party, but the main job of a rogue is to keep the others alive (especially the cleric), while letting the rest of the party just do their job. Most important advantage of the rogue instead of the warrior is that by the time the warrior gets to the mob, the rogue already has it killed.

I'm a rogue myself, but when I'm in a party, I always make sure I save my strongest or 2nd strongest attack, so I'm able to cast that at anytime if it's necesary. When there ain't no danger around, I'm dishing out some extra damage.

Oh yeah, don't ever use KD skills (noob rogues :banghead: )

One more thing, if a rogue is in your party, it's very important that he can kill the mobs on his own, including general party mobs. (or at least stay alive on his own for a while)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:36 am 

great guide foudre

Level:78
Build:Warrior
Guild:SuddenDeath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:51 am 

man try to make it clearer lol, add titles in bold etc xD now it looks all flat and boring to read :S

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:44 pm 
Veteran Member

[SD]Kratos wrote:
man try to make it clearer lol, add titles in bold etc xD now it looks all flat and boring to read :S

sorry i've been busy, i'm planning on photo shoping some fancy back ground pictures for each section to make it easier to read, but after this long you should know i'm never easy to understand

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:34 pm 
Banned User

ShiningBow wrote:
great guide foudre

haha i agree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:11 pm 

Domination wrote:
... I really want to see the finished product of this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:20 pm 
Banned User

xD