Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Avatar help
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:38 am 
Frequent Member

Am haveing the hardest time geting a good avatar...i tryed alot of them but with the rules of wide and lenght is killing me and i was wondering if anyone could help?

lol i spend all day trying get the sig i got right now to fit the rules on wide and lenght too :banghead: :banghead:

|Neoptolemus|39|Warrior/Harp|Myrmidons*MyrKnight|

Post subject: Re: Avatar help
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:59 am 
Frequent Member

ofy1993 wrote:
Spoiler!

seriously,

Spoiler!

^^ seriously seriously, you should just a good cut out of your signature. That usually looks good.

Am sorry but both imgs wont show up, and am sorry what?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:14 am 
Frequent Member

ofy1993 wrote:
maybe something like this

other then that, your avatar is your own choice :S just google any picture and use it :P

Thats Awsome dude...i would but my issues is makeing perfect to the width and lenght when i do looks pretty gay :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:28 am 
Frequent Member

Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 125 pixels wide and 125 pixels high. When i do it make like that i mess up big time.

I try do this pictures:

and just looked really bad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:34 am 

when you resize you have to make sure the ratio is the same.

Example: you shorten the width of a picture by 10 pixels. to make it even you have to shorten the hight by 10 pixels.

and here is a picture for your avy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:35 am 
Veteran Member

Achilles990 wrote:
Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 125 pixels wide and 125 pixels high. When i do it make like that i mess up big time.

I try do this pictures:

It does that because your original image is not a square. Not sure how you are going about it but if you are transforming it directly like that then you are bound to get distorted pixels.

Use your marque tool (holding shift) and select around the part of the image you want to use and then right click>copy layer.

Delete layer below. Image>Trim. ALT+Ctrl+i and select your image size.

EDIT:

Meh, beaten to it. Back to watching T.V

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:42 am 
Frequent Member

Hostage wrote:
Achilles990 wrote:

I try do this pictures:

It does that because your original image is not a square. Not sure how you are going about it but if you are transforming it directly like that then you are bound to get distorted pixels.

Use your marque tool (holding shift) and select around the part of the image you want to use and then right click>copy layer.

Delete layer below. Image>Trim. ALT+Ctrl+i and select your image size.

EDIT:

Meh, beaten to it. Back to watching T.V

Thanks guys!

Host can you make this one look better?