Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Whats the legit guilds in Venus as of now?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:43 pm 

Shadow wrote:
Balderdash wrote:
the epitome of legitness

*cough* My system doesn't get like... bogged down.

Besides, the Cu.. Confederation just caused shitloads of bullshit. Best times in Venus were those before the confederation.

A lot of the Confed used a bot before Venus, that was kinda the point. They all left it behind and agreed to be legit on Venus.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:45 pm 
Site Contributor

Ninjitsu was around before the Confed and Terry was in the guild when it began. You can't come in spewing bullshit when you don't even know when people joined. When did you even join? Based on your forum join date it was near the downturn. You weren't even there for the glory days.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:04 pm 
Frequent Member

Blindfire wrote:
Based on your forum join date it was near the downturn. You weren't even there for the glory days.

Perhaps he was one of those "new avalonians" who acted like they were the shizz and owned the whole server even though they had only just joined Venus and hadn't done anything for it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:13 pm 

So angry. lol

Avalon started on Venus on November 20, 2007. Blackhand (including Ninjitsu) started on Venus in February 2008 to the best of their recollection.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:25 pm 
Frequent Member

Balderdash wrote:
So angry. lol

Avalon started on Venus on November 20, 2007. Blackhand (including Ninjitsu) started on Venus in February 2008 to the best of their recollection.

Who's angry? What'd be the point of being angry on the internet?

I was speaking of the "new avalonians", not of the core group that started on Venus when it came out. The avalonians who joined after the legit success, and acted like it was their doing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:09 pm 

Guardia joined after Avalon started on Venus, does he count?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:23 pm 
Frequent Member

Balderdash wrote:
Guardia joined after Avalon started on Venus, does he count?

I recall killing bot plevelees with Guardia.
I believe all older Venus players, especially BHA, know what I mean by the "new avalonians". If you don't, I can't be arsed to educate you, and I suppose you were one of them.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:26 pm 
Site Contributor

If you were a member of AvaIon or Camelot you are one the he "new avalonians". 90% of them had their head stuck way up their ass.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:09 pm 
Frequent Member

I joined Venus a week after they started. Already partying with Midnight members at evil whatever wolf. Then continue to ongs, then catched up to the main pt at penon.

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:20 pm 
Common Member

Balderdash,

Although Avalon guild was created before Ninjitsu, the term Confederation and its system were created after Ninjitsu. I was one of them to translate the Confederation rules to another language. But of course, that's not the point.

It was a system that worked well. It was a standard that worked well. It was acknowledged by people after they newly joined the server. It's a country (analogy to Venus server) that was governed well. All of a sudden, those people stopped governing and left the country, and most of others left as well. People like us were the population still remaining in the country (we are talking before Etnica was founded), so we re-analyzed our morality and continue to play the game. And now, people who quitted complain about us. It's their fault for stop playing the server. Definitely, I have no right to tell others to stop or continue to play the game. It's their choice, and they should face the consequences of stopping playing the game, whatever that consequences will be. And we definitely do not have to carry on with their morality, which is the activism of fighting against botters, because again, they all came to Venus for a reason, and I came to Venus for another.

So I created a simfile for a song which the title kinda matches Mom.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:40 pm 

Terrence wrote:
Balderdash,

Although Avalon guild was created before Ninjitsu, the term Confederation and its system were created after Ninjitsu. I was one of them to translate the Confederation rules to another language. But of course, that's not the point.

It was a system that worked well. It was a standard that worked well. It was acknowledged by people after they newly joined the server. It's a country (analogy to Venus server) that was governed well. All of a sudden, those people stopped governing and left the country, and most of others left as well. People like us were the population still remaining in the country (we are talking before Etnica was founded), so we re-analyzed our morality and continue to play the game. And now, people who quitted complain about us. It's their fault for stop playing the server. Definitely, I have no right to tell others to stop or continue to play the game. It's their choice, and they should face the consequences of stopping playing the game, whatever that consequences will be. And we definitely do not have to carry on with their morality, which is the activism of fighting against botters, because again, they all came to Venus for a reason, and I came to Venus for another.

They have the right to say whatever they please and it doesn't hurt anyone for them to express their frustration at your guild's duplicity when it comes to being legit. You don't care to be legit by the standards laid out by the Confederation, laid out by the original leaders of all the founding unions. Fantastic. Instead you play word games and throw out red herring arguments that don't really mean anything. You chose to play in a manner that isn't legit. Fair enough, everyone chooses. That is what people are complaining about, your inability to own up to your decisions. Defend them, say you had no choice but don't try to tell people who know the rules of legitimacy that you are still legit. You just made up your own personal standard.

"Re-analyzed our morality" I loved that line. I wish more people would be as honest about flipping sides as you are.

Blindfire wrote:
If you were a member of AvaIon or Camelot you are one the he "new avalonians". 90% of them had their head stuck way up their ass.

Reminded me of this:

Code: Select all

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:57 pm 
Common Member

Balderdash wrote:
They have the right to say whatever they please and it doesn't hurt anyone for them to express their frustration at your guild's duplicity when it comes to being legit. You don't care to be legit by the standards laid out by the Confederation, laid out by the original leaders of all the founding unions. Fantastic. Instead you play word games and throw out red herring arguments that don't really mean anything. You chose to play in a manner that isn't legit. Fair enough, everyone chooses. That is what people are complaining about, your inability to own up to your decisions. Defend them, say you had no choice but don't try to tell people who know the rules of legitimacy that you are still legit. You just made up your own personal standard.

"Re-analyzed our morality" I loved that line. I wish more people would be as honest about flipping sides as you are.

I already stated in my very first post that when I use the term "Ninjitsuian legits", you people are going to argue on that. Thus, one of my previous posts already stated that we are the third-type players, three disjoint sets that total up the population of the server. In your eyes, there are only Avalonians and non-Avalonians which are bots, two disjoint basic sets that total up the entire population of the server. You have your standards, and we have our standards. That's absolutely fine. You have something to fight for; we do not have something to fight that. That's fine as well. Carrying that morality of fighting against bots is not part of the definition of being legits; it's not even there in the Confederation rules. If I'm being commented as "flipping side", then let me tell you, I've been "flipping side" in terms of morality ever since the first day of playing SRO. Then I followed the rules when I was in Confederation while keeping my "flipping side" morality of playing the game until you people were gone.

I wonder who is actually using the red herring fallacy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:11 pm 

See, there you go again, calling yourselves legit. You can't just call yourself legit cause you like the word and it lends you some sense of rightness. On Venus, legit had conditions and a rigidly defined set of standards that you choose not to adhere to. You are therefor not legit in the Venus sense of the word. You are a "third type" of player, one who is not legit and claims to not bot. The Confederation term for that was "bot supporter" and in the context of the server that is what you are. Embrace your stance on botting and accept the label you represent. You seem to find no shame in doing the deed but are stuck on using the word.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:10 am 
Loyal Member

Eh ... can't y'all just stop arguing for once

Like was said earlier, just cut the crap ... neither side's really gonna change their view ... no need to keep posting practically the same shit in this thread o'er 'n o'er again ... everyone shared their perspectives ... and those drawn into this thread can make their own opinions from hearing both sides ...

why'd the asylum thread get moved -.-''

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 am 
Forum Legend

Ningyotsukai-san wrote:
Eh ... can't y'all just stop arguing for once

nope

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:48 am 
Loyal Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:03 am 

If this were the only thread on SRF I would agree with the last three posters, but it is not. There is no redirect that forced you in here to read this particular thread, in this particular section. If the parties interested want to discuss something we have that right to do so and you have the right to go post things that you want to read about somewhere also.

Unfortunately, this is probably the most interesting thread offered in the last week. Dead game is dead.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:09 am 
Site Contributor

All three of those poster make a valid point.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:17 am 
Common Member

I knew that you would go this way.

Balderdash wrote:
See, there you go again, calling yourselves legit. You can't just call yourself legit cause you like the word and it lends you some sense of rightness.

Terry wrote:
Thus, one of my previous posts already stated that we are the third-type players, three disjoint sets that total up the population of the server.

If you don't understand, I will break it down for you.

The term "Ninjitsuian legits" was referred to Guardia's 3rd question (Guardia post on 3rd page 19th post and my post on 3rd page 20th post). The word "legit" of the 3rd question of her post #1039 simply imply Ninjitsuians. We are more than happy to call ourselves the third-type players, it existed a long time ago even during Avalon Union period. Definitely, since Avalon Union created the Avalonian legit rules within Venus, Ninjitsuians can be considered as not legit.
Terry from 3rd page 4th post wrote:
Other servers except Venus are Ninjitsually legit.

Hence, I said "except Venus."

You, as well as others, chose stop playing the game, and you accept the consequence that it changed.

Oh red herring...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:35 am 
Frequent Member

The things that bother me the most is, u so called grey legits enjoyed venus when the confed was there and now b.itching about it when it's gone. U got all the fun, u got a big legits server before. U even follow the rules that was set. Now u claiming "I joined venus out of nowhere", playing my own style, doing my own thing bullcrap when u, urself admit u're part of the confed.

Yeah, it's true. No one have the right to tell u what to follow, what's not. But still u did s.uck up the advantages that the confed made. Ungrateful and selfish might be the word. But who am i to say that? Like u said, it's ur choice, out of randomness. Heh..

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:05 am 
Common Member

Guardia wrote:
u so called grey legits enjoyed venus when the confed was there and now b.itching about it when it's gone.
Terry (9th post of the 3rd page) wrote:
I myself respect people who still play by the Avalonian rules. As long as you don't flame on me, I don't flame on you. As long as you want to be friend with me, I'm more than happy to do so.
Excuse me? If I have to bitch something, then I will bitch about your bitching on the current situation of the server while you are not play the game. But then, I don't have the right to tell you stop bitching.

I was part of the Confederation at the time AFTER I joined Venus. I was NOT part of the Confederation WHEN I joined Venus. I existed before the Confederation. I knew nothing about Avalon and Confederation nor anything about any server when I was choosing a server to play.

Assuming that I had the advantage while I was in the Confederation, when you people were gone, the fighting between you and the bots were gone. The issue is still there, but the fighting is gone. You and I are fighting in this thread. When one side is gone, the fighting is gone, but the issue is still there.

I don't have fighting issue with botters. They don't bite me, I don't bite them. On the other hand, they don't bite you, you bite them regardless.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:51 am 
Banned User

Ningyotsukai-san wrote:
... neither side's really gonna change their view ... everyone shared their perspectives ...

+1

Theres no right or wrong, just looking at things differently here.
Eating the same Durian, I think it taste awesome, u think it taste like shit.
Same thing, different taste/pov/perspective.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:23 pm 
Frequent Member

Durian FTW! U from Malaysia?

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:32 pm 

Terrence wrote:
Assuming that I had the advantage while I was in the Confederation, when you people were gone, the fighting between you and the bots were gone. The issue is still there, but the fighting is gone. You and I are fighting in this thread. When one side is gone, the fighting is gone, but the issue is still there.

I don't have fighting issue with botters. They don't bite me, I don't bite them. On the other hand, they don't bite you, you bite them regardless.

Everyone who cared and had the balls to do something about it quit. Yes, Avalon left you to survive on your own but Avalon started out on it's own and it didn't have to lick any bot boots to survive. The teeth in the legit movement are gone and it's not that you don't bite botters, it's that you can't.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:57 pm 
Loyal Member

Terry, waste your time on something more constructive then respond to this nonsense. :dope:

6x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:19 pm 
Veteran Member

I really wish you'd stop saying we discussed it on xfire and i said go ahead or i dont care or whatever you claim i said terry. You're right, I cant make any change to the guild after giving leadership, as Im not leader. So thats why i said I regretted ever letting her take over, and do this. Because, all respect and whatever i spent my time working for was lost for the Ninjitsu name. I dont care if you yourself bot, i dont care if anybody is or isnt in there now botting. the point is allowing those people in there to bot/party/etc. Its sad because I miss SRO and considered playing again, but cant go back on venus and have to see what garbage you guys made the guild. But Id appreciate if you could stop saying I okayed or shrugged off the choice of you guys f'ing over my guild to what you made it. I cannot do much besides be upset and disappointed in the fact that both of you from even different servers were with me and knew what we spent our time working toward, let it turn to that. And I regretted heavily not closing it down. But besides that, i cant make a change to it as im not involved and finally made the decision after however many years and $ i spent, to stop wasting my time. So validate yourself however you want, with as many thesis papers and big paragraphs and so on, but ill say it bluntly for you. You guys should have let the guild go down with some dignity and respect, what i spent my time on the game building. And I regret letting you or yourangel be involved with the guild in any way and letting you guys run it to the ground. Put that in your timeline, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:28 pm 
Forum Legend

i think overkill should be brought to life

HELL, LET'S BRING VENUS BACK TO LIFE, RAWR

well, i sure dunno wth i'm talking about, but those times were fun lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:52 pm 

Jesus what a fight this has become, did I start this? >.<
Sorry but I haven't read all of the replies yet, I just want to say this:

Terrence wrote:
[*]December 7, 2009: Ultima and Genjitsu (an alt guild of Ninjitsu) are the only guilds left in Ninjitsu Union. Due to their inactivites, Ninjitsu Union was disbanded. The Next Generation Legit Forum was terminated.
[*]December 7, 2009 ~ February 3, 2010: Ninjitsu guild joined ROW Union (formerly known as TFS.)
[*]February 4, 2010 ~ March 19, 2010: Ninjitsu guild joined Legacy Union.[/list]

---------------------

When you claimed that "When Etnica union came back, they didn't support us at all either, they were all very negative to us and said we will fail," I would like to tell you that some of your union members did claim the same thing to Ninjitsuian legits. people in Etnica Union didn't support us, especially in terms of the playing style, and said we will fail.

---------------------

Regarding to the last paragraph of your reply, if you manage to rebuild a whole Avalonian legit union, then I will sincerely say that's great. According to Rev6.com, Etnica Union currently has 7 guilds, with a maximum capacity of 350 members. If you claim that you have recruited over 200 new and old legit people in a few weeks (with the assumption that small number of them are actually the "old" Avalonian legits), then that means about half of the Etnica Union population are the new people.

There was a chronological flaw when you claimed that "Don't tell me it isn't possible [to build a Avalonian Union]". I will claim that it was nearly impossible to build a legit union back in Fall 2009 by the following induction.

I am really surprised you made a history list like that. I never would have done anything like that myself O.o

Now I think it all looks good, except for the list points I left in the quote. What went wrong? You seem to have managed to stay alive from a good time, so I suppose you did do some recruiting. Did you stop? How did it all get inactive suddenly? You can always recruit more and find more actives.

But ok, let's say the union died even when you tried everything to stop it from dieing. Why in the world would you join TFS and Legacy? That I seriously cannot understand. Those were the unions we were ALWAYS in war with. The biggest damn bot unions. Any other union would have been better... >.<

--------------------- (Yes I'll use this too it looks neat xD)

I was always friendly to you guys, and even asked for a bit of support. I never said anything negative to Ninjitsu, but I got really negative responses. I don't remember anyone being unfriendly to your guys except for neo perhaps. But either ways, do I deserve being yelled at for just saying "hi" to someone? o.o

Also, I would really think Ninjitsu would be happy if people were trying to bring back an old legit union.

---------------------

Yes I said I recruited over 200 people. BUT, as you must know, not all of those people stay. Most go inactive, a few get caught botting, some disappear in the night, etc. About 100 of the people I recruited are currently still active and in the union. That being all of ThePhoenix (35), SwordOfTruth (35), about 20-30 people of Nox, about 10 people of FreedooM, 10 people in Asylum and a few in Etnica.

Out of all these people I think maximum 10 were old legits. The rest is all new. I don't understand why you say recruiting people wasn't possible in the fall. New people are always there, just go out and get them.

We started with just a few people as well. Believe in what you're doing and you will succeed.

---------------------

One big thing: stop referring to us as Avalonians. We are not Avalon. We are Etnica. I had Avalon guild in Etnica union for a few days, but we decided to dump it for one reason: Avalon is dead and it should stay that way. We are not them.

mike2007 wrote:
list of bots and other unlegits currently STILL in ninjitsu:
Lord_Boromir
Big_Dady
nevod03
HerbyNL
L34F
Spiritking

@Terrence regarding this: Are partybuffer multiclients allowed in your guild? If not, I can send you evidence.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:15 pm 

Dark Ashelin wrote:
One big thing: stop referring to us as Avalonians. We are not Avalon. We are Etnica. I had Avalon guild in Etnica union for a few days, but we decided to dump it for one reason: Avalon is dead and it should stay that way. We are not them.

You had AvaIon (with an i) and Avalon asked for it back because THEY didn't want people to think they were back when in fact they will never come back. Be fair.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 pm 

Balderdash wrote:
Dark Ashelin wrote:

You had AvaIon (with an i) and Avalon asked for it back because THEY didn't want people to think they were back when in fact they will never come back. Be fair.

That as well but the main reason I gave up on the guild is because we (the union) thought Avalon is dead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next