Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: people say my prices are hi
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:45 pm 
Casual Member

I have had a few people stop at my stall and get mad about my prices for items, well if they look around I am definately one of the cheaper ones selling stuff. I have seen many items like 250 arrows for 1,000,000, and that is not outragious? they price stuff so high hoping they can sleep and not get booted from the server. I don't want or need any comments left about my prices, it really pisses me off.
What is it with the sos prices also, nobody sells any of those items at their prices. just because it says sos it doesnt means its worth hundred grand. same with eelixirs way over priced. but e very one has to say something about me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:58 pm 

Quote:
because it says sos it doesnt means its worth hundred grand
Yea pretty much it does...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:27 am 

just out of curiosity... what were you selling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:09 am 
Advanced Member

they're better then the Wi sasan Level 42 +2 version I am currently wearing.

and its for 36, that set will last you to level 47 when you get the blood soharin set.

so form level 36 to 47.

11 levels of top notch protection of the groin

if that isn't worth 3mil nothing is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:14 am 

Dem... you're confusing me... are you selling that? or just saw it and screenshot it...?

Post subject: Re: people say my prices are hi
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:14 am 

zman18 wrote:
I have had a few people stop at my stall and get mad about my prices for items, well if they look around I am definately one of the cheaper ones selling stuff. I have seen many items like 250 arrows for 1,000,000, and that is not outragious? they price stuff so high hoping they can sleep and not get booted from the server. I don't want or need any comments left about my prices, it really pisses me off.
What is it with the sos prices also, nobody sells any of those items at their prices. just because it says sos it doesnt means its worth hundred grand. same with eelixirs way over priced. but e very one has to say something about me.

Some people have the idea that berating someone will get them to lower their prices, and they thus will be able to spend less to get what they want. Now there are many cases in which there is an established price for an item, and charging more than that price will probably get you flamed. Here are a few examples:

Weapon Elixir - 220-250k
Shield Elixir - 35-45k
Other Elixirs - 30-35k

SoS items are twink items. This means that they are much more expensive than standard gear. This is the case in most MMOs; if twink items were cheap, everyone would twink, and there would be no point in using regular items. Contrasted with WoW in which twinking is mandatory (mainly because the drops you get from mobs are significantly lower level than the level required to kill it, and because vendor gear is completely useless).

A SoStar item is roughly 5 levels higher than normal, and the price is adjusted accordingly. One of the primary reasons for this is the fact that people will slow their leveling to farm SP, and this means that twink weapons allow them to get gear that exceeds their level, allowing them to farm SP faster. Since they are farming, they get lots of cash, and have lots of money to spend on twinky items. Combine this with a low supply of SoS items, and you have high prices. Anyways, enough about MMO economics. X-p

You can expect significantly higher prices on Sealed items, + items over 2, crit items over 10, and others, such as Santa suits. Ironically, many of the consumables from the last event (monster mash) have fallen in price since the event ended. I can't figure that one out. I guess people just like overcharging for things that are novel, but there is now a finite supply of these items. Something to do with the psychology of economics I guess.

Last edited by banzaimonkey on Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:33 am 
Advanced Member

Monition wrote:
Dem... you're confusing me... are you selling that? or just saw it and screenshot it...?

I'm selling it, it's in my shop girl's stall 'Meka' inthe middle of donwhang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:43 am 

Demarthl wrote:
Monition wrote:

I'm selling it, it's in my shop girl's stall 'Meka' inthe middle of donwhang

Everyone should travel to Meka once in their lifetime... hehe

Bot? Buy Gold? Just a general asshole? No worries, you'll be loved.

From America? Prepare to be ass-raped.

>>Done with this forum<<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:22 pm 
Casual Member

For sos items I have seen alot of + ones which I do understand sell for more money. I have seen many people in the same spot for days on end trying to sell sos items for tons of money. the way I look at it , it is like a small business, I am here to play and sell items, If I see a regular sos item for 100k and that eprson hasn't sold it I would lower my price some to sell it. I do alot of selling, I also do alot of running for items, so If I makrk it up, I am saving that person from finding the item or going to buy it.

Again it is the comments left, if you ask me I 99.999% of the time sell the item for what the people offer. I am here to get rich and play. Most of the time I will wisper to that person to please not leave comments, usually starts to turn ugly, but now have many of them comming to me to look or buy items from.