Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: [Babel] Price check SOS Lvl 32 Sword
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:33 am 
Casual Member

How much do you guys think this is worth?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:29 am 

Hard to say exactly, what with all the upset caused by things from the item mall entering the economy, and the value of Seal items generally depends as much on finding the right buyer as having good stats. The bad news is that swords are right now the least valuable weapon because there is the least amount of demand. The good news is that if you're willing to keep it up in your stall overnight for several nights, there's a decent chance somebody will come along who recently sold a monkey or EXP ticket for several millions and is willing to overpay for something nice. Good critical, plus some people still think Steady is worth paying more for -- if I were selling this I'd probably start it at 4 million. That's more than I'd pay for it, but then I've never been a big spender, and all you need is to find that one person for whom it's worthwhile. You may get offers in the chat window from people who want to haggle, if they say 3.5 million maybe it's worth it to you in order to close the deal quicker. You may not find anyone who will pay more than 2 million, but I think it's worth taking the time to find out, especially with Seal weapons. Everyone wants to have a cool glow and make bigger number when hit with stick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:49 am 
Casual Member

true that.

never quite understood why swords aren't as liked as blades...
i'm still low lvl to the point that i find sword's extra magic attack is really attractive since i rely on imbue. maybe that'll change when i lvl up more.

Retired...
Level: 4x
Guild: Bakemasters
Skills: Sword/Shield + Ice/Lightning

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."--Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:08 pm 

Bakemaster wrote:
Hard to say exactly, what with all the upset caused by things from the item mall entering the economy, and the value of Seal items generally depends as much on finding the right buyer as having good stats. The bad news is that swords are right now the least valuable weapon because there is the least amount of demand. The good news is that if you're willing to keep it up in your stall overnight for several nights, there's a decent chance somebody will come along who recently sold a monkey or EXP ticket for several millions and is willing to overpay for something nice. Good critical, plus some people still think Steady is worth paying more for -- if I were selling this I'd probably start it at 4 million. That's more than I'd pay for it, but then I've never been a big spender, and all you need is to find that one person for whom it's worthwhile. You may get offers in the chat window from people who want to haggle, if they say 3.5 million maybe it's worth it to you in order to close the deal quicker. You may not find anyone who will pay more than 2 million, but I think it's worth taking the time to find out, especially with Seal weapons. Everyone wants to have a cool glow and make bigger number when hit with stick.

I agree on this one, since I did just buy 2 lvl 24 sos weapons and a sos shield, but didnt spend over 3.5 million for it all. I got the BLADE for just over a mil, the shield was a bit more due to it being sos and plus 3, block ratio of 14/15 cant remeber. The spear was just over a mil too with blue, str 1 increase and decent crit. Start high, you are looking for the 'perfect match' buyer. The one who is running stall to stall saying 'wtb lvl 32 sos sword.' If you find this guy, he'll pay generously, if not way over what its worth, which I believe at least 1.75 mil alone...you gotta sell the 'high' crit , milk the sword's plusses, you could make a killing off of it.

Stefan87: Level 5x
Pure Int Fire/Light Dual Nuker.
---------
GRRR: Level 5x
Gnaws on low lvl thieves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:11 pm 
Common Member

OMG!!! If that was a blade id beg u to sell it to me. The crit is pretty good attack rate is awesome and i love the steady 2 times. U can make this a plus 2 and not have to worry. Id refine it up 2 times then sell it for 3.5mil. It should be worth more but swords r not too popular.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:03 pm 
Casual Member

thnx for your help guys.
I'm gonna definitely have to research sword vs blade - even though i'm more of an INT build hybrid - whether I should get a crazy blade or stick to crazy swords. I'll definitely sell if blade will be my calling :)

Retired...
Level: 4x
Guild: Bakemasters
Skills: Sword/Shield + Ice/Lightning

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."--Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:30 pm 

Eckho wrote:
OMG!!! If that was a blade id beg u to sell it to me. The crit is pretty good attack rate is awesome and i love the steady 2 times. U can make this a plus 2 and not have to worry. Id refine it up 2 times then sell it for 3.5mil. It should be worth more but swords r not too popular.

See, I told you there are people who think Steady works and will pay more for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 11:21 pm 

Bakemaster wrote:
Eckho wrote:

See, I told you there are people who think Steady works and will pay more for it.

lolz.

Stefan87: Level 5x
Pure Int Fire/Light Dual Nuker.
---------
GRRR: Level 5x
Gnaws on low lvl thieves.