Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ] 
 Post subject: Serious discussion about EB, and everyone who got banned
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:54 am 
Forum Legend

Ok guys...
i posted this here.. because, i swear i do not want any more drama over this but..
After what happened, i believe we should really think about the forums and not so much the silkroad aspect because.. if we could ever believe in such thing as "You bot, you get banned".. we can no longer trust that 100% because some big ass exceptions have been made...
I dont care about what happened with nb and Fly.. But i do believe the 90 days rule is now.. just stupid, and in a way EB is too..
After all this.. nothing (in terms of banning botters from the forum) seems right anymore...
So i say we unban most people that got banned because of botting.. the ones that weren't exactly a problem to this community, and were the other way around.

I suggest that we come back to how things used to be, but with diff rules, beeing an ass about someone botting, or just beeing an ass, gets you banned.. cause seriously.. the system we have now is the most corrupted ever... i believe we should just get a system where your actions in the forum get you banned and nothing else matters..

Because.. i miss some of the friends that got banned, and i believe the forum needs em back, at least thats what i feel, don't ask me too much about is since i don't have any zomfgwtfeinsteinexplanationorgazmyeah for it... it's just what i feel....

/Discuss.

PS: Mods, i'm looking for a serious discussion, as i said, i want no huge drama over it..So please, don't lock :/, only if somehow it gets out of control, but give it sometime ok?
thanks

Post subject: Re: Serious discussion about EB, and everyone who got banned
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:30 am 
Frequent Member

Dont change the 90 days rule. Keep enforcing it. What happened to NB doesnt effect the 90 days rule. They didnt make an exception for NB. Ppl are just too stupid to follow rules. I hope SRF will continue cleaning up the mess. That rule is the only way to deal with botters. Current matters, not past. Ppl do change.

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:53 am 
Forum Legend

Unban everyone who got banned for botting .. but keep the people banned who exposed themselves and thought it was 'cool' to do so. There's no point trying to keep the forum legit after this bullshit that went on past 2 days.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:04 am 

I agree with IceCrash ... I miss alot of people ... and they arent here anymore, why? because of botting, thats bullshit!!

I want Stallowned's sh1t son stories back!!
Vindicator, Deacon, Vandango, Sylhana, Megami... c'mon!

Forums were ALOT better with those people in it...

Delete Exposed Botters section!!
Unban people that got banned!

Off topic was much better and funnier, Silkroad General Discussion was awesome, now when someone posts a topic about +11-ing his staff, with loader thingie on picture, 9/10 of people will say "Omg Loader"... Silkroad Forums had became flamefest, people are doubting in anyone for botting, the most importmant thing is botting, and you want to keep the war on bots, even if you know that 80% of Forum bots.

I know it would be hard to say "Hey people, we are stopping war on bots, you can freely bot now, but dont talk freely about it here", but I think its the best for this forum.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:26 am 
Elite Member

We only had one major flaw in the EB system and now that flaw has been exposed and dealt with to some extent, what other flaws did the EB section offer? Nothing worth mentioning if you ask me. About the 90 day ruling: That there were some bugs here and there doesn't make the whole operating system invalid. Now that Nightbloom and her cohorts and collaborations got exposed also provides a clean slate.

A clean slate from upon we can build a new EB, endorse new rules and the calm can return here as well. We cannot allow the banned to return, it would mock the very thing so many people have stood for and even what the admin's themselves stood for. To ask of so many to openly welcome banned botters back to the board, after fighting in the war for so long, against the very thing they all despised would leave many speechless including myself. But whatever gets decided, I will abide by it.

I always did like a good party, but liked following the rules as well, and the stability they offered. Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. But this, not told to endorse discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb. And the victory and sense of gratification when one reaches it's own long set summit. ;)

In the end time will tell, and quite frankly, I can't wait.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:42 am 

^You must realize that there is no end to botters, there is only end of Silkroad Forums.
There will always be botters, they are neverending... Enjoy your blindness while looking at Silkroad Forums, "legit community" - NO! It never will be, it never was. There will always be closed botters!

Forum is corrupted - Ryoko and SG knowing about NB botting?
Moderators knowing that Deacon was using Loader?

Start from the foundation, then make a building.
If we wont have fair and legit mods, how do you expect to have legit community?

"Exposed botters" is bullshit!

Oh and ffs, gimme a break about that drama-emo-poet writing, I needed to open my dictionary several times to understand what you wrote, you could've summed that in one sentance ... I bet 90% of people, who's mother tongue isnt english, hardly understand you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:04 am 
Forum Legend

Nitro wrote:
^You must realize that there is no end to botters, there is only end of Silkroad Forums.
There will always be botters, they are neverending... Enjoy your blindness while looking at Silkroad Forums, "legit community" - NO! It never will be, it never was. There will always be closed botters!

Forum is corrupted - Ryoko and SG knowing about NB botting?
Moderators knowing that Deacon was using Loader?

Start from the foundation, then make a building.
If we wont have fair and legit mods, how do you expect to have legit community?

"Exposed botters" is bullshit!

Oh and ffs, gimme a break about that drama-emo-poet writing, I needed to open my dictionary several times to understand what you wrote, you could've summed that in one sentance ... I bet 90% of people, who's mother tongue isnt english, hardly understand you.

lol
grimjaw is inspired ^^
guys, dont forget to keep arguing politely, so we dont get this locked
and yeah, after what happened these past days.. my views changes quite a bit...
AC suffered too with the bans i believe O.o meh idk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:10 am 

To be honest, get rid of the EB section.

Unban everyone who got banned for botting .. but keep the people banned who exposed themselves and thought it was 'cool' to do so. There's no point trying to keep the forum legit after this bullshit that went on past 2 days.

I agree, the EB section has only caused trouble.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:17 am 
Forum God

Unban ppl is not the solution. The forum would have more chaos.
- Legit will flames bots
- Bots will show off his ass kicking gear and show how he pwn everyone.

If unban ppl, the minions of D2A would request to unban him too. BlackFox too. Or later PompomTheIce joins the forum. Would you welcome them?

But I find it funny when the authorities of SRF is controlled by Fly/NB :D EB is origined from them. And probably the 90 day rules too coz they're scared one day they'd be exposed so they created an emergency tunnel just in case :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:18 am 
Forum Legend

NuclearSilo wrote:
Unban ppl is not the solution. The forum would have more chaos.
- Legit will flames bots
- Bots will show off his ass kicking gear and show how he pwn everyone.

If unban ppl, the minions of D2A would request to unban him too. BlackFox too. Or later PompomTheIce joins the forum. Would you welcome them?

But I find it funny when the authorities of SRF is controlled by Fly/NB :D EB is origined from them. And probably the 90 day rules too coz they're scared one day they'd be exposed so they created an emergency tunnel just in case :D

No Nuclear
mate, not everyone would get unbanned
the ones that were beeing asses to get banned, or were banned cause mod disrespect should not be unbanned
imo ofc O.o

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:20 am 
Frequent Member

The people who lied and deceived (longer in some cases) won it seems.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:25 am 
Forum God

IceCrash wrote:
No Nuclear
the ones that were beeing asses to get banned, or were banned cause mod disrespect should not be unbanned
imo ofc O.o

But you seriously wants D2A make a post and boast "Look at my gear (see some suns, 10B gold and loader/bot/etc), I pwn all ppl in sro (post some videos)"?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:30 am 
Forum Legend

NuclearSilo wrote:
IceCrash wrote:
No Nuclear
imo ofc O.o

But you seriously wants D2A make a post and boast "Look at my gear (see some suns, 10B gold and loader/bot/etc), I pwn all ppl in sro (post some videos)"?

noo mate
you're not getting it :P
Doing it the way i'm saying D2A wouldnt be unbanned ^^
cmon, you know how much i dislike D2A you think i'd be agreeing with him coming back when i tryed very hard to get him off srf? xD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:37 am 
Forum God

If you unban a bot, but not unban other bots. It will be discrimination.
You dislike D2A, but his minions and fanclub like him so they'll attack the mods to have him unban. :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:16 pm 
Valued Member

NuclearSilo wrote:
If you unban a bot, but not unban other bots. It will be discrimination.
You dislike D2A, but his minions and fanclub like him so they'll attack the mods to have him unban. :D

And when u ban bot but don't ban other bot this is discrimination too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:03 pm 
Banned User

Unban only chosen ones, ones who contributed a lot and later got backstabbed by a so called friends.All mods and respected people from SRF that got banned never talked how they are legit, atleast they werent hypocrites like some.

PS:i hated Fat_Smurf cuz he was in love with himself and hes body, but he was so freaking ugly, and not well built, gosh.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:15 pm 
Forum Legend

Nitro wrote:
I agree with IceCrash ... I miss alot of people ... and they arent here anymore, why? because of botting, thats bullshit!!

I want Stallowned's sh1t son stories back!!
Vindicator, Deacon, Vandango, Sylhana, Megami... c'mon!

Forums were ALOT better with those people in it...

Delete Exposed Botters section!!
Unban people that got banned!

Off topic was much better and funnier, Silkroad General Discussion was awesome, now when someone posts a topic about +11-ing his staff, with loader thingie on picture, 9/10 of people will say "Omg Loader"... Silkroad Forums had became flamefest, people are doubting in anyone for botting, the most importmant thing is botting, and you want to keep the war on bots, even if you know that 80% of Forum bots.

I know it would be hard to say "Hey people, we are stopping war on bots, you can freely bot now, but dont talk freely about it here", but I think its the best for this forum.

Stallowned wasn't a botter, nor was he banned for it, you moron. ANd SRF has always been a flame-fest when the oppurtunity was given.

Furthermore, to all you "I miss this person, and his dogg, and his mother in law", get their MSN and spam them with tons of hearts. SRF started this, and there's no turning back, get over it.

This shit with NB and Fly mean nothing, they we're just 2 ordinary people with a big mouth, like I have, crumpets has, and grimjaw does to.
They just badmouthed a subject they we're a part off. End of story.

It doesn't have any other effect on SRF then that, if you think it has, you've been hanging too many posters of them above your bed, and need to tear them down. Emotional shitheads.

No unbanns, SRF took a stand, and not sticking to it in this phase would be a loss. Plus, SRF changing because of 2 little dickweeds? lol.

Oh and everyone badmouthing the mods, for 'protecting' them and other childish little dick cheney conspiracy theories, should be banned for being idiots.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:47 pm 
Forum Legend

Yes i double posted, Cin hates that, he might lock this.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:57 pm 
Forum Legend

Yaarrrr, old avatar is back! I'm a bloody rebel!! Yarrrrr. Where are thou Cinnamon, you rotten scurvy dog.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:19 pm 
and that is how fast a serious discussion turns into this.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]