Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: SuicideGrl
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:26 am 

I have a question. Or you going to ban people for being non-legit also or ONLY for botting? If only the second, then why?

Post subject: Re: SuicideGrl
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:27 am 
Banned User

And the difference between non-legit and botting is.........?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:28 am 
Elite Member

viewtopic.php?p=991102#p991102
That should answer your question.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:31 am 
Advanced Member

I have to say, I was a bit thrown off by the thread title at first. :P

But yes, it's a warzone now. One wrong word and it's the gas chambers for you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:31 am 
Ex-Staff

He's your friend :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:35 am 
Retired Admin

gold-buying has ALWAYS been prohibited here. if you search, you will find sigs with <<banned for the promotion of the sale of digital items for cash. -SG>> in many banned users' sigs.

if you bot, you will be banned, either through your own admission or the proof offered to us by others. if you buy gold, you will be banned, by the same hammer than bans the bots. this goes for all non-legit activities.

LEGIT = LEGIT. there IS no fcking grey area.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:10 am 
Frequent Member

SuicideGrl wrote:
LEGIT = LEGIT. there IS no fcking grey area.

I just wanted to quote that. It's awesome.

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:17 am 

First off, I would like to thank SuicideGrl for unlocking this thread that StealMySoda locked and then flamed. Thanks for your stance against non-legits. Anyways...

Here are Joymax's ToS (Terms of Service) and Operation Policy and other that I copied and pasted from their site so some of them might repeat. They are in no particular order.

I must remind everyone that in order to be legit, you must abide by ALL of Joymax's rule.... not just the one you think should be apply.

Quote:
The sale of items and accounts for real money/goods, other game account/item sale
Illegal joint account sharing
Obscene, abusive speech directed at specific individuals and/or general population
Prevention of proper operation (using a fireox to block NPCs or storage, or opening a stall at an NPC)
Illegal use of someone else's name (copying famous people name or using similar name to cause confusion)
Misconduct that is offensive to public peace, order, and/or morals (cussing in globals, turk bashing, etc)
Activity deemed as having adverse effect on Company's services (complaing about joymax all the time)
Submitting false bug reports

1. User must register with their real name and accurate information without any falsehood when User registers for this service.
3. User has the responsibility to take care of his/her account and password.
4. User shall not use other's accounts.
7. The User must observe the terms in this Agreement and the Law, and shall not damage the reputation of the Company or cause interference to the Services.
Spreading of rumors and/ or unconfirmed reports related to game or service

And also:

Botting
Being powerleveled by bots, you might as welll bot yourself
PK2 editing (Joymax posted on their site that this is illegal and bannable offense)
CCFing
Chargeback on your silk purchases
Buying gold, since your are indirectly supporting botting by financing their operations
Buying item from a stall that you know belongs to a botter, which makes you just as bad as them by financing them with billions of gold
Cussing in the game
Overriding the word filter by using similar chars or external software
Exploiting bugs (going underwater in Hotan bridge and other places, merc bugs, etc)
Trading Accounts
Making racist comments to any race (that includes the Turks basher)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:26 am 
Banned User

Best to discuss your point here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:39 am 

There is NOTHING to discuss. Those were copy and pasted from Joymax. SuicideGrl said that he doesn't want new people on SRF to be influence by the nonlegits. So there goes the list of what legitness means, straight from Joymax whether a person likes it or not. There shouldn't be a debate. It's on Joymax's site.

If SuicideGrl is going to start cleaning up SRF of all the filth, then he must and need to go ALL THE WAY!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:41 am 
Retired Admin

FedX wrote:
There is NOTHING to discuss. Those were copy and pasted from Joymax. SuicideGrl said that he doesn't want new people on SRF to be influence by the nonlegits. So there goes the list of what legitness means, straight from Joymax whether a person likes it or not. There shouldn't be a debate. It's on Joymax's site.

If SuicideGrl is going to start cleaning up SRF of all the filth, then he must and need to go ALL THE WAY!

lol. i make the rules here. JM doesn't enforce theirs, so i am enforcing them for them. if they can choose which rules to enforce, so can i. you are obviously a remake. what was your banned account? maybe it doesn't matter.

if you have a problem with this new initiative, you're probably a closet bot yourself. is that what your main got banned for?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:44 am 

Why do you think I have a problem with this new initiative? Where did I oppose banning all the botters and goldbuyers?

I'm just saying if you are going to start doing something that should have been done a very long time ago, it should be done at full throttle. And no I don't bot FYI. Legit ftw.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:48 am 
Retired Admin

FedX wrote:
Why do you think I have a problem with this new initiative? Where did I oppose banning all the botters and goldbuyers?

I'm just saying if you are going to start doing something that should have been done a very long time ago, it should be done at full throttle. And no I don't bot FYI. Legit ftw.

if you don't oppse it, get behind it. put this in your sig:

stop worrying about the things we can't control and worry about the things we can. we cna't force JM to have good support or to enforce their own ToS. and i don't care about 3/4 of the things they prohibit. no badmouthing them? LOL. they deserve flames more than any bot. if JM was a member here, i'd ban them XD

but i DO care about bots on my forum. i will ban them. you can eithe rhelp or not. your call.

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:16 am 

There, done adding the sigs. Happy now? Anything else you'd like me to do your highness like swearing my allegiance to you? lol

I also don't appreciate you accusing me of botting without proof. I worked so hard spending many sleepless nights to level up my character and yet you do the very thing that you reprimand and ban others for doing. It's people like yourself that accuse legits of botting that led to a huge majority of people botting in the game since their effort are questioned. Not cool at all. But I forgive you though. Over 95% of people bot lol. some posted the bot graph before.

Also, those are the terms of Joymax. You can't just selectively choose the ones to enforce. You think racism and turk bashing ok? CCFing ok? And using fireoxes to block NPCs and storage? Pk2 editing which gives you an unfair advantage over others? Being powerleveled by botters? Buying botters' items? And many others? Those are break JOymax rule along with botting and goldbuying. Joymax do enforce their rules. Some people have been banned for racism, account buying, account selling, PK2, etc.

If you honestly think that botting and goldbuying are the only thing destroying this game, then i feel very sorry for you. you might as well abandon this destined to fail effort and go back to playing COD4. You can only save SRO and SRF by going full throttle. Just only banning the botters is just a feeble attempt to show the community that you are pretending to do something that wont have an effect. Anyways, hope I wouldn't be banned for speaking my mind. If so, then oh well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:39 am 
Banned User

FedX wrote:
I also don't appreciate you accusing me of botting without proof. I worked so hard spending many sleepless nights to level up my character and yet you do the very thing that you reprimand and ban others for doing.

He pointed out that the account you're using is a newly created one. Since you are very much familiarized with the goings of this forum, it isnt a stretch to assume you are a former member of this community, hence just a simple ask for your identity.

FedX wrote:
It's people like yourself that accuse legits of botting that led to a huge majority of people botting in the game since their effort are questioned. Not cool at all. But I forgive you though. Over 95% of people bot lol. some posted the bot graph before.

Dont go nuts now and blame the problems of botting to SG, I'll bet Hershey's left testicle that isnt the case. None of the forum staff here accuses other members of botting. We ban members account here should they admit to, or have sufficient proof against them for breaking the forum rules.

FedX wrote:
Also, those are the terms of Joymax. You can't just selectively choose the ones to enforce. You think racism and turk bashing ok? CCFing ok? And using fireoxes to block NPCs and storage?
Pk2 editing which gives you an unfair advantage over others? Being powerleveled by botters? Buying botters' items? And many others? Those are break JOymax rule along with botting and goldbuying. Joymax do enforce their rules. Some people have been banned for racism, account buying, account selling, PK2, etc.

I implore you to read the forum rules. We dont allow most of that here. For everything else like pk2 edit for example, is what the wider community of this forum supports, and so does the forum staff. We're a fan based forum, and the forum rules of what we enforce can be independent of JM. Besides, I take it as a compliment to the forum as a whole, as you believe our actions here of banning rule violating members has an effect on the game :). Regardless, it will make for an improve legit forum community.

P.s. I dont mean to answer for SG, I'm just representing my views as a member of the forum staff.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:53 am 
Addicted Member

FedX wrote:
There, done adding the sigs. Happy now? Blah blah blah

Are you for real? Seriously, you don't believe any of this shit you're spouting off about so stop wasting people's time. You are obviously pissed off about something and chances are, its about the bots being banned here in the forum.

What's your IGN?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:00 am 

non ego man wrote:
You are obviously pissed off about something and chances are, its about the bots being banned here in the forum.
What's your IGN?

what is your IQ? 10? re-read this whole thread... it's been stated many times. if you still dont understand, then take some remedial reading courses. My IGN is BlackFox :roll: ... the remedial English courses I took sure helped me a lot in getting my msg across. Perhaps you should do the same thing to so you wouldn't say stuff that's been repeated numerous times.

Quote:
I'll bet Hershey's left testicle that isnt the case. None of the forum staff here accuses other members of botting.

Hershey has a left testicle? Thought he lost it to someone else in a bet.

Quote:
He pointed out that the account you're using is a newly created one. Since you are very much familiarized with the goings of this forum, it isnt a stretch to assume you are a former member of this community, hence just a simple ask for your identity.

If you read my first post on this forum, i stated that ive been lurking in this forum for quite a long time before i finally stop being lazy and hit the register button. It's no brainer that i know that Sui is admin, SRF was created by Ryoko, people hate BlackFox, nightblom and d2a are famous, many people in SRF are closet botters, a lot of people on SRF are retards, among others well known facts.

Quote:
I implore you to read the forum rules. We dont allow most of that here. For everything else like pk2 edit for example, is what the wider community of this forum supports, and so does the forum staff. We're a fan based forum, and the forum rules of what we enforce can be independent of JM. Besides, I take it as a compliment to the forum as a whole, as you believe our actions here of banning rule violating members has an effect on the game :). Regardless, it will make for an improve legit forum community.

P.s. I dont mean to answer for SG, I'm just representing my views as a member of the forum staff.

People have been banned because of PK2 editing. The GM has stated CLEARLY on the site that PK2 editing is not allowed since it's an illegal client modification and it's a bannable offense. Why are you admins and mods encouraging people to do stuff (Pk2 editing) that may jeopardize their account? Yall are so lame and pathetic. If you do stuff that's against JOymax rule, you are an ILLEGIT and you are just an guilty as people doing ILLEGIT stuff as defined by Joymax like illegal program usage, client modification, gold buying, account saling, racist comments, etc. You are all just as bad as the botters but except in this case you are using your powers to encourage others to do the same illegal/illegit stuff.

It's like people who call themselve a Christian (or whatever their god is) and only choose sections of the Bible that they like and reject the rest. You cant selectively choose the ones you like. This is pathetic.

Quote:
For everything else like pk2 edit for example, is what the wider community of this forum supports

Since >95% of people in this forum are closet botters, then by your definition botting is an exemption also :roll:

I'm done with talking to SRF mods/admins... braindead people who are hypocrites saying one thing while encourage illegal acitivities. Probably this thread will get censored and deleted like the rest of the thread and I get banned lol since I say stuff they don't like. oh well let's see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:21 am 
Elite Member

Theres a big diff between pk2 edit and botting and stuff, even though they are both "illegal".

Should someone who wants to see themselves with say a 10d bow be banned from here? Botting/gold buying that totally fks up the game, your cheating and getting ahead because of it, if you change the look of the weapon you use your slightly enjoying your game more lol, with no effects other then cosmetic, which only you can see.

Maybe if this game wasn't run by a pos company and enforced rules, the little things would matter more, but the majority of the game are cheaters.

I'm not condoning anyhting, but just saying.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:36 am 
Banned User

FedX wrote:
If you read my first post on this forum, i stated that ive been lurking in this forum for quite a long time before i finally stop being lazy and hit the register button.

I'm going to be blunt here, not only the fact that you seem to know alot about SG
FedX wrote:
you might as well abandon this destined to fail effort and go back to playing COD4.

you're also posting via a proxy. Why would you do that unless you were ip banned o_O.

Its nice to get feedback from the community, in any form, even from a ip hiding, self-righteous user with a lot of time on his/her hands. As I said, in any form :).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:51 am 
Banned User

And why should ppl be banned for ex going underwater in hotan? Or pk2 editing wich JM cant notice if you have :? If your "ban list" should have been aplied i doubt this forum will have much more members..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:32 pm 
Retired Admin

illegal? probably. but i don't think that speeding should have the same penalty as murder.

you know my name, what i have been doing w/ my spare time. you know a lot about me. please keep personal references and information out of this though; that is CLEARLY outlined in the rules.

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:35 pm 
Banned User

Master_Mind wrote:
And why should ppl be banned for ex going underwater in hotan? Or pk2 editing wich JM cant notice if you have :? If your "ban list" should have been aplied i doubt this forum will have much more members..

Better few legits,then army of bots.

Last edited by Twist on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:43 pm 
Advanced Member

Twist wrote:
Master_Mind wrote:

Beter few legits,then army of bots.

I couldn't agree more. Quality over quantity.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:44 pm 
Forum Legend

wow, what's so hard to know? srf is a fan forum wit its own set of rules. srf'
s connected wit JM only through the game sro. srf could care less wtf JM says. srf doesn't like botters and multi-client users, which means they will be banned. srf couldn't care less if u pk2 edit. don't like? keep posting and making urself look like a fool, a fool!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:47 pm 
Ex-Staff

Master_Mind wrote:

HAHA. Sorry for loling in such a serious topic but I went under water in Hotan numerous times with my guildmates for the monster spawns. That was a graphical glitch but I'm not cheating or altering the game or having any significant advantange over others by doing so. Me and my guildies just wanted a quiet spot for our union-only monster spawn event.

...Until some botters came out and found out and started ruining our fun of course.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:03 pm 
Banned User

Millenium wrote:
Master_Mind wrote:

HAHA. Sorry for loling in such a serious topic but I went under water in Hotan numerous times with my guildmates for the monster spawns. That was a graphical glitch but I'm not cheating or altering the game or having any significant advantange over others by doing so. Me and my guildies just wanted a quiet spot for our union-only monster spawn event.

...Until some botters came out and found out and started ruining our fun of course.

I didnt say anything against it.. Ive been down there several times with my friends doing horse racs etc :P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 pm 

SuicideGrl wrote:
illegal? probably. but i don't think that speeding should have the same penalty as murder.

you know my name, what i have been doing w/ my spare time. you know a lot about me. please keep personal references and information out of this though; that is CLEARLY outlined in the rules.

you only have one sentence to say about all of this? seriously? and what do you mean "probably"? it clearly is illegal. take out a dictionary, look up the word "legitimate" and you'll see that it's defined as rules established NOT BY WHAT YOU THINK IT SHOULD BE, but by Joymax. You constantly preach about making this forum a legit forum and set examples for new users who sign up, but your action says otherwise. this is a complete and utter joke and you're making a laughing stock outta yourself.

but i understand though. :wink: The reason is because like you said, I know you well, and I KNOW you have done quite a bit of the things on that list from Joymax's site, so therefore I have a newsflash for you: YOU ARE NON-LEGIT and a HYPOCRITE. You remind me of Ted Haggert, the famous preacher who preaches against gays and lesbians, then secretly having sex with Mike Jones. It's stupid, hypocritical, and counterproductive. for goodness sake, please use your brain a little bit more that you were given with.

You might as well ban yourself from the forum and set yourself as an example, which i doubt you'll do since you only choose to enforce the two things which you don't do, buying gold and botting. you know what SG, you've changed a lot... years ago you were a very decent person when you were a mod and for a brief time during your tenure as admin, now you've become the very person that you seek to get rid from SRF of, doing unlegit stuff and accusing people of botting without any proof. just look at yourself in the mirror some times.

To be honest JB, you should do yourself a favor and relinquish the admin back to Ryoko. You shouldn't run the forum since it's obvious that you lack the intelligence necessary to do so. seriously, what kind of person would click on a .exe keylogger that someone you know you banned sent to you? Well no shit McFly, of course it was a trojan. And then you had the audacity to a post about it begging for gears/gold and sympathy when you got hacked. And also in that same thread death2all posted a small portion of the bot database with userid/ign/passwd of the botters and the the post was censored and the botters denied/complained even though it was very obvious that they bot and he got warned/banned. and also numerous other people got banned for flaming botters during SRF history. you ruined SRF since ryoko made you admin SG. It seems like you're declaring war on both legits and nonlegits. like i said, your actions in the past and currently make it seem like you are just doing this as a public stunt to help with your approval ratings, but oh well even someone as retarded as BlackFox knows not to click on an .exe sent to him from an unkown person.

im proud to be a legit, never doing anything on that list by joymax. this forum should comprised of PURE legits... not by people who CCF, trade/sell accounts, exploiting bugs, running gold farmers, and/or Pk2 editing. People who flame me in this thread are CLEARLY NON-LEGIT. lets see how long this thread last before it gets baleeted.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:42 pm 
Addicted Member

Waste of time arguing with this guy. He's full of shit and he knows it. He's a botter and he's pissed about the forum's new anti-bot measures. To defend himself he's trying to create some technical arguments and show that SG is a hypocrite. The higher he climbs his artificial pedestal (look at how shrill he sounds regarding SG's bot accusation) the more hollow his arguments become.

His arguments are easily refuted and have been several times in this thread. Don't bother. He's either smart and knows he's full of shit or stupid and actually believes his rationalizations. Either way, it's a waste of time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:46 pm 

nonegoman, the only reason you are flaming me is because you are nonlegit and if people get banned for more than just botting, you would be banned also. everyone can see thru it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:49 pm 
Retired Admin

i have a feeling i know who this is, but it's irrelevant.

you claim that i am un-legit and that i have done everything on that list except bot and buy gold. may i ask where your info comes from? i have never exploited a bug, CCFed, made racist remarks, traded accounts (or even used someone else's account for that matter)... am i missing something? where's the part where i am any of those things?

you are entitled to your opinion about how i run this forum. but Ryoko left me in charge, and only by his will will i leave. publicity stunt? this subforum is filled with the fruits of my - and the rest of the staff's, and the legits here's - labors.

i am the same person i was years ago. but time and circumstances change. you must either adapt to them or stagnate. i am sorry you no longer feel i am who i once was, but again: i am not sorry.

and @ non ego man: if this is who i think it is, then i am fairly confident that he is not a bot. but i have been wrong before.

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next