Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: My 2 Cents (OT Prolly)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:01 pm 

(if this gets locked it does >.> big deal)

Anyways just throwing my 2cents out here into the endless pan known as the "Exposed Botters" board.

It appears to some as this is a great stand up against botters, and purging your forums from the "evilness" known as botting. Anyone notice it's done more damage than that?

Yes, it has done more damage than ban those "proved" to be guilty of said actions. Friends fighting Friends, wonderful isn't it? Those you thought you could trust are shouting out in an instant "LIEK OMG BOTTZOR". Oh, this is not the only problem brought up by this. There are mini-factions lurking around. You may deny it but there are groups of people who'll fight their lives away to protect a "said" person. Sometimes these groups maybe right, sometimes they won't it's a toss up. Also what's going down most the time is the attempt to get proof on the "higher ups" (staff etc). Most topics are composed of stuff from people's shady pasts they want to forget or still live, it's their motives not anyone else's. But yes, topics are being brought up to take down "esteemed" members of the community.

Notice a rise in other problems folks? Oh yes, most of these topics are enticing flame wars for the supposed "greater good". These flames wars are just erupting all over causing massive stupid disputes between so called "friends". Not only that, remade false front accounts are popping up, you know the ones who are banned then make another account just to flame around. All of this, on the rise.

Now after reading through this wall o' Text ,if you may, do not take it as myself standing on either end. I'm criticizing the community for what it has become. Take the topic how you must, but just be forewarned on events that might happen. And also this is not a fake account thrown up here as if I had been banned before, for I have not.

Thank You People
WALL O' TEXT ENDED

Post subject: Re: My 2 Cents (OT Prolly)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm 
Banned User

You know, birth and revolution have a lot in common.

Both are terribly hard, painful and bloody. They work out pretty nice in the end for most ppl tho.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:07 pm 

nightbloom wrote:
You know, birth and revolution have a lot in common.

Both are terribly hard, painful and bloody. They work out pretty nice in the end for most ppl tho.

Salem Witchcraft Trials were also hard, painful, and deadly...same (a)(e)ffect as here to, but not as nice ending eh?

(mind the (a)(e)ffect I hate that word dearly -__-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:10 pm 

to be honest .. i will only expose people i hate , my friends ? never .
consider me a bastard if u want .

- quit sro.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:11 pm 

like i said, this is just a circus.

this will accelerate SRF's downfall.

everything has a beginning and an end

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:15 pm 
Addicted Member

You endorse the prior "don't ask, don't tell" policy. Allow the botters to hide behind their shield so long as they don't come out and admit to botting. Legits were getting fed up. Many of them were banned for flaming botters who wouldn't get banned.

All of this culminated in Blasjr pushing it just a little too far. Lying his ass off in the forum while jumping all over Avalon for stupid shit. He was a little too smug and Fly nailed him. Along with the evident frustration from a lot of legits over the last few months, SG just said bullshit, this ends here.

Because of the prior policy, SRF was becoming a bot home with many bot supporters but no explicit bot admission. SG decided he didn't want this forum to go down the shitter and created a procedure for eliminating bots from the forum. As has been said, you're either part of the problem or part of the solution. The prior policy unintentionally made SRF part of the problem. The new bot reporting procedure makes SRF part of the solution.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:19 pm 
Forum God

Pff, this sub-forum is just a nest of flaming and war. But it's quite cool to argue with some retards :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:20 pm 

@non ego man

Aggressive aren't we?
I'm criticizing the new policy yes, did I mention to revert back to the old-Nope. This maybe some kind of epic revolution for ya'll but the matters by which it is accomplished is just plain crap. It's all point fingers and causing flame wars (just like this topic might be w/e), although I have said this about the policy I have no substitute to offer in place. If it all boils down to it, this topic might end up just to be a "watch what you do" topic.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:28 pm 
Addicted Member

BoxBandit wrote:
Aggressive aren't we?

Nah, it just comes out that way. *huggies*

This forum has been open for less than a day. A lot of pent up frustration is coming out from the legit side. A lot of defensiveness and rationalization is coming from the bot side. The fact that this forum section is as hot as it is is precisely why it needed to be done.

This will all die down. In a month, people will stop whining about Fly, stop trying to question the legitimacy of the effort with petty, technical arguments, understand what is necessary evidence to ban bots and do it.

Paraphrasing Nightbloom, I don't want to be involved with making sausage, but I want to eat it. Or something like that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:25 pm 
Banned User

non ego man wrote:
BoxBandit wrote:
Aggressive aren't we?

Nah, it just comes out that way. *huggies*

This forum has been open for less than a day. A lot of pent up frustration is coming out from the legit side. A lot of defensiveness and rationalization is coming from the bot side. The fact that this forum section is as hot as it is is precisely why it needed to be done.

This will all die down. In a month, people will stop whining about Fly, stop trying to question the legitimacy of the effort with petty, technical arguments, understand what is necessary evidence to ban bots and do it.

Paraphrasing Nightbloom, I don't want to be involved with making sausage, but I want to eat it. Or something like that.

The quote is one of my favorites. ^^

"You dont wanna hunt your own food, but you dont miss the bbq"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:43 am 

BoxBandit wrote:
(if this gets locked it does >.> big deal)

Anyways just throwing my 2cents out here into the endless pan known as the "Exposed Botters" board.

It appears to some as this is a great stand up against botters, and purging your forums from the "evilness" known as botting. Anyone notice it's done more damage than that?

Yes, it has done more damage than ban those "proved" to be guilty of said actions. Friends fighting Friends, wonderful isn't it? Those you thought you could trust are shouting out in an instant "LIEK OMG BOTTZOR". Oh, this is not the only problem brought up by this. There are mini-factions lurking around. You may deny it but there are groups of people who'll fight their lives away to protect a "said" person. Sometimes these groups maybe right, sometimes they won't it's a toss up. Also what's going down most the time is the attempt to get proof on the "higher ups" (staff etc). Most topics are composed of stuff from people's shady pasts they want to forget or still live, it's their motives not anyone else's. But yes, topics are being brought up to take down "esteemed" members of the community.

Notice a rise in other problems folks? Oh yes, most of these topics are enticing flame wars for the supposed "greater good". These flames wars are just erupting all over causing massive stupid disputes between so called "friends". Not only that, remade false front accounts are popping up, you know the ones who are banned then make another account just to flame around. All of this, on the rise.

Now after reading through this wall o' Text ,if you may, do not take it as myself standing on either end. I'm criticizing the community for what it has become. Take the topic how you must, but just be forewarned on events that might happen. And also this is not a fake account thrown up here as if I had been banned before, for I have not.

Thank You People
WALL O' TEXT ENDED

+1 to your post. i've seen topics of people admitting they do this what most of you describe as a sin or such a horrible thing to do. you act as if botters are the scum of the earth while some here have made much more intelligent posts than you. they were good forum members. and just because they botted in a game that doesn't ban bots, doesn't mean they should be banned from here as well.

im legit, never botted and dont plan to. im not going to say im proud of being legit because its a free mmo. theres more important things in life than silkroad believe it or not.

srf = falling :roll: :(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:24 am 
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:30 am 

@XuChu
Your german nazi references towards srf and botters, is not funny and probably quite offensive to some people out there don't you think?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]