Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Why discriminate?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:01 pm 
Banned User

Why support bots? They don't do anything. They are just ruining the game experience.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:55 pm 
Banned User

Meh didnt want to start a new topic.

BUT LOL AT EVERYONE BACKSTABBING EACHOTHER! :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:17 pm 
Loyal Member

If you talking about the 3 latest posts, that wasn't back stabbing. Just some failed attention whoring and a dissatisfaction of not fitting in anymore.

6x

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:01 pm 
Retired Admin

it was staged.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:13 pm 
Forum Legend

dom wrote:
Blackdragon6 wrote:
Bot supporters are getting more and more ridiculous....

May I remind you all that bot support is an instant and permanent ban without discussion - as the rules state. Drawing the line between discussion and support is difficult, but the more you push and choose harsh words, the closer to the later line.

Keep that in mind.

we all love this game, and we all can not deny that botters have added something positively to this game. ofcourse they have added more things that are negatively than positively, but still they did contribute to the 'silkroad culture' as it is now. and by finding this game fun and by loving this game, we all indirectly support botters i a way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:07 pm 
Valued Member

I think a lot of people are looking at those screenshots posted with all those clients open and you think "ZOMG GOLDBOT ARMY" but I think those pics are made to illicit that reaction. They opened the mc loader, popped open as many clients as they could sustain, and took a screenshot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:15 pm 
Banned User

heroo wrote:
dom wrote:
Blackdragon6 wrote:
Bot supporters are getting more and more ridiculous....

May I remind you all that bot support is an instant and permanent ban without discussion - as the rules state. Drawing the line between discussion and support is difficult, but the more you push and choose harsh words, the closer to the later line.

Keep that in mind.

we all love this game, and we all can not deny that botters have added something positively to this game. ofcourse they have added more things that are negatively than positively, but still they did contribute to the 'silkroad culture' as it is now. and by finding this game fun and by loving this game, we all indirectly support botters i a way.

+1. im not supporting bots, but bots were the first ones to reach every cap to find out the skills, they helped with sp calculation, aswell as finding all the su weps =/.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:15 pm 

Alfred wrote:
If you talking about the 3 latest posts, that wasn't back stabbing. Just some failed attention whoring and a dissatisfaction of not fitting in anymore.

yeah and now they are inviting everyone to their bot reunion at lifes-a-bitch.net :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:17 pm 
Addicted Member

Jstar1 wrote:
Alfred wrote:

yeah and now they are inviting everyone to their bot reunion at lifes-a-bitch.net :banghead:

lolz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:17 pm 
Banned User

Jstar1 wrote:
Alfred wrote:

lol really? thats a very popular suicide forum i guess :P.
*checks lifes-a-bitch.net*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:09 pm 
Banned User

Jstar1 wrote:
Alfred wrote:

Well hey, it's better than this sh1thole.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:12 am 

STARNATION wrote:
Jstar1 wrote:
Alfred wrote:

Well hey, it's better than this sh1thole.

dude if you don't like this place just leave. I see you trolling all over the forum posting how much it sucks.

Redneck just pmed me (with a new account) telling me that LAB was so amazing and that I should come. I checked it out but its too dirty. I mean wtf all these SRF botter exiles are having an orgy over there, why should any sensible person join it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:18 am 

They said they're doing this "War on Bots" to provide an example and to uphold the TOS that Joymax doesn't. Please show me an example of succession, here and in game that this war has provided... all I've seen from it was a loss of a number of really good members.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:14 am 
Ex-Staff

To all those who say we lost "great" members from this war, we have lost hundreds more years ago when the policy was not to talk about botters. Those members just got tired of all the botters sitting around here, and yet they could do nothing about them. Members that would actually help out, memebers who's every single post was worth reading. Just because a member has 5k posts doesn't make that person a "good" member.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:32 am 
Veteran Member

This game was incredible back when seeing a bot grinding was a rare occurance, where people left their guild to do it as to not give the guild a bad name or be associated with it. Now we have openly botter guilds.

I'm not gonna say every person who bots is an evil person. Of course they can be great nice people, but regardless they're breaking the rules and knowingly doing so.

Its not discriminating against another race or something, its against people who choose to cheat. The game isnt better with them, they've ruined it. And I dont care how many quality posts they give here. They got all that experience of playing to help others out from watching their program kill stuff on their character? Yea, that is priceless knowledge of which we will forever miss.

Why should they not be held accountable for their actions? Cause they're nice? We should let that dude down the street who killed that woman & stole her car go free of charges too, because he helped my daughter with her homework last week and helped paint the mailbox. He's a good member of the community guys :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:35 am 
Valued Member

HTVHitokiri wrote:

Why should they not be held accountable for their actions? Cause they're nice? We should let that dude down the street who killed that woman & stole her car go free of charges too, because he helped my daughter with her homework last week and helped paint the mailbox. He's a good member of the community guys :)

Dude its just a f.ucking game. You're comparing it to a real life crime? Yes its the same concept but still it can't be applied to a video game. This war on bots is just plain stupid and soon this forum is gonna turn into sh1t.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:45 am 
Forum Legend

lol, someone needs a hug :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:46 am 
Veteran Member

Very dramatic example and no where close to the same I know, but yea same concept is all I meant. But its been a legit forum forever, I dont get why everyone is so taken back by the action SRF is taking. especially as they've mentioned many times, that many asked for it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:49 am 
Forum Legend

RogueKiller wrote:
Your not really headed anywhere in particular. Banning them from here does nothing. They will still bot.

from viewtopic.php?f=72&t=85846

just wanted to reply to that statement. Banning them from here does do something, it bans them from here. they care so much that they even made another forum just to replace srf :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:24 pm 

Deathsythe wrote:
HTVHitokiri wrote:

Dude its just a f.ucking game. You're comparing it to a real life crime? Yes its the same concept but still it can't be applied to a video game. This war on bots is just plain stupid and soon this forum is gonna turn into sh1t.

The concept certainly can be applied in a video game. Perhaps it shouldn't be compared to a life-and-limb crime, but actions that are against TOS are "crimes" in the game and deserve punishment.

Perhaps a better comparison would be to the guy that embezzles millions of dollars and uses those funds to import hundreds of illegal immigrants into our country to steal our jobs so the rest of us have a harder time finding jobs. We should cut the guy a break because he's very generous, often throwing bags of money into open public areas for everyone to take at will. He also puts his coat over puddles so little old ladies can walk over it without getting their feet wet.

If you consider a legit, bot-free forum to "turn into sh1t" then so be it. A lot of us like it that way. Legits can contribute to the community just as much, and even more perhaps, than bots.

When will botters/bot supporters get it through their heads that SRF is not trying to force you to stop botting (although that would be a nice side effect). SRF is simply trying to remove botters and bot supporters from these legit forums because you do not belong here. They are achieving their goal. Simple as that.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:12 am 
Valued Member

PR0METHEUS wrote:
Deathsythe wrote:
HTVHitokiri wrote:

The concept certainly can be applied in a video game. Perhaps it shouldn't be compared to a life-and-limb crime, but actions that are against TOS are "crimes" in the game and deserve punishment.

Perhaps a better comparison would be to the guy that embezzles millions of dollars and uses those funds to import hundreds of illegal immigrants into our country to steal our jobs so the rest of us have a harder time finding jobs. We should cut the guy a break because he's very generous, often throwing bags of money into open public areas for everyone to take at will. He also puts his coat over puddles so little old ladies can walk over it without getting their feet wet.

If you consider a legit, bot-free forum to "turn into sh1t" then so be it. A lot of us like it that way. Legits can contribute to the community just as much, and even more perhaps, than bots.

When will botters/bot supporters get it through their heads that SRF is not trying to force you to stop botting (although that would be a nice side effect). SRF is simply trying to remove botters and bot supporters from these legit forums because you do not belong here. They are achieving their goal. Simple as that.

Very good point. However I still don't think the banning bots is entirely right. If a person comes on here and admits to botting on purpose and talks about how bots are good and sh1t then by all means they should be banned. But there are a lot of nice, funny, and helpful people that have been banned when they never even mentioned botting and we wouldn't know if they did or didn't until someone decided to expose them. As long as they don't come on this forum and promote botting I don't think a person should be banned for their actions in-game. Some people enjoy killing thousands of mobs over and over again, some people don't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:59 am 

Deathsythe wrote:
Very good point. However I still don't think the banning bots is entirely right. If a person comes on here and admits to botting on purpose and talks about how bots are good and sh1t then by all means they should be banned. But there are a lot of nice, funny, and helpful people that have been banned when they never even mentioned botting and we wouldn't know if they did or didn't until someone decided to expose them. As long as they don't come on this forum and promote botting I don't think a person should be banned for their actions in-game. Some people enjoy killing thousands of mobs over and over again, some people don't.

If SRF is going to allow those botters to stay in these forums, the ones who are "nice, funny, helpful...", regardless of whether those botters promote their own botting, or keep quiet about it... then SRF can't claim to be a legit forum. If SRF allows the "nice" botters on here, then they are playing favorites. People used to whine and complain about SRF playing favorites. It has to be all or nothing.

Let the botters stay, or ban them all. I say banhammer. Botters will never disappear from SRO, but they can go make their own forum. If you want to hang with them, by all means do so at their forums. They are not welcome here.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:21 am 
Addicted Member

PR0METHEUS wrote:
Deathsythe wrote:

If SRF is going to allow those botters to stay in these forums, the ones who are "nice, funny, helpful...", regardless of whether those botters promote their own botting, or keep quiet about it... then SRF can't claim to be a legit forum. If SRF allows the "nice" botters on here, then they are playing favorites. People used to whine and complain about SRF playing favorites. It has to be all or nothing.

Let the botters stay, or ban them all. I say banhammer. Botters will never disappear from SRO, but they can go make their own forum. If you want to hang with them, by all means do so at their forums. They are not welcome here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:35 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

PR0METHEUS wrote:
nice, funny, helpful...

Pretty sure they've proven to be not helpful and not nice.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:54 am 
Forum Legend

they like hugs tho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:03 am 
Banned User

I wonder what will happen when all SRF botters will be banned. New will come? Banhammer again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again? and again?~inf

Last edited by deep.in on Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:12 pm 
Forum Legend

Awww, people still crying about worthless, not nice, non contributing members on this board?

Good riddance.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:15 pm 
Forum Legend

Priam wrote:
Awww, people still crying about worthless, not nice, non contributing members on this board?

Good riddance.

Yea, i was just about to ask, why is this topic still going on?
lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:44 pm 
Retired Admin

IceCrash wrote:
Priam wrote:

Good riddance.

Yea, i was just about to ask, why is this topic still going on?
lol

+1. locked.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2