Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Why discriminate?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:25 am 

So I recently started playing again and thought I would stop by the site. To come across this part of the forums. Why are all these EXPOSED botters getting the boot. You do realize that it is the botters who release a majority of the edits and improvements to the game. Pk2 editing was first done by botters and got spread around. You know that niffty block feature joymax thought to put in was done at least a year in advance by people who develop for sro. It is point less to pick people out of the community who help so called legit people have a better time in the game. If you support sro development/pk2 editing/Sro emulation or even joymax you support bots (with the exclusion of gold bots) thus you should realize that with out bots sro community would surely not exist as it does today. As for this I am not supporting or going against bots, I am simply stating what is best for the Sro community as a whole.

Just my little rant.

Post subject: Re: Why discriminate?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:54 am 

Look at the game 2 years ago, look at it now, and shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

=)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:58 am 

That is the increase of gold bots, 2 years ago bots were still as big. Just it wasnt bumf$*# crazy like it is now. The only real problem with sro atm is the traffic which is caused by the thousands of gold bots. Oh and joymax making people who buy silk that much better then those who dont.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:02 am 
Forum Legend

best for sro community as a whole would be to kill all the bots and drive them outta the game

ps. bots suck

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 am 

xJasperx wrote:
That is the increase of gold bots, 2 years ago bots were still as big. Just it wasnt bumf$*# crazy like it is now. The only real problem with sro atm is the traffic which is caused by the thousands of gold bots. Oh and joymax making people who buy silk that much better then those who dont.

It's both, botting in general screwed this game up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:19 am 
Veteran Member

Azilius wrote:
xJasperx wrote:

It's both, botting in general screwed this game up.

yea. still it wouldnt be hard to get rid of the bots. JM is part of the problem too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:53 am 
Addicted Member

I guess you didn't get the memo. Most of those goldbots are run by players using multiple clients or clientless programs. If you look at some of the threads here, you'll see screens of the bots that have been kicked. They're proudly running several clients. The days of the player bot who doesn't buy gold or run his own goldbots are looooooong gone.

Seriously, the percentage of player bots who haven't bought gold or run their own goldbots? Based on the comments on various bot sites, I'd say that the number is less than 5% and that's being very kind.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:55 am 

xJasperx wrote:
you should realize that with out bots sro community would surely not exist as it does today.

Good. That's what we are hoping for. We do not want the SRO community to exist as it does today. We want the bots gone. Bring SRO back to how it was around the 60 cap (but with 80/90 cap updates).

SRO is better without the bots.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:57 am 

the reason why i still play SRO is because of the efforts of the people here in SRF...and that, for me, is reason enough... :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:02 am 
Forum Legend

discriminating? lol.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:45 am 
Banned User

Priam wrote:
discriminating? lol.

was thinking the same.

People are fkin slow.

SG runs the forum. SG doesnt ban bots.
Simple as that really.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:21 am 

No. Period. Bots sux. End. Fin. Gwandao.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:29 pm 
Forum Legend

bots are a problem.

but the biggest problem aren't the players who bot, but the players who buy gold.

they're the fuel for the goldbots.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:43 pm 
Banned User

tree123 Darkjasper tree123!

Also whatever makes the forum more intereting;D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:00 pm 

heroo wrote:
bots are a problem.

but the biggest problem aren't the players who bot, but the players who buy gold.

they're the fuel for the goldbots.

Gold buyers are definitely a huge problem. However, many player bots also run their own gold bots. There are threads on these forums that show screenshots of player bots multi-clienting their 10-30 gold bots as well as their player bot. So instead of buying gold, they just farm it with their gold bot fleet.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:17 pm 
Forum God

PR0METHEUS wrote:
xJasperx wrote:
Bring SRO back to how it was around the 60 cap (but with 80/90 cap updates).

SRO is better without the bots.

I actually wouldn't mind losing all the 70-80 stuff if there were no bots

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:41 pm 
Banned User

xJasperx wrote:
So I recently started playing again and thought I would stop by the site. To come across this part of the forums. Why are all these EXPOSED botters getting the boot. You do realize that it is the botters who release a majority of the edits and improvements to the game. Pk2 editing was first done by botters and got spread around. You know that niffty block feature joymax thought to put in was done at least a year in advance by people who develop for sro. It is point less to pick people out of the community who help so called legit people have a better time in the game. If you support sro development/pk2 editing/Sro emulation or even joymax you support bots (with the exclusion of gold bots) thus you should realize that with out bots sro community would surely not exist as it does today. As for this I am not supporting or going against bots, I am simply stating what is best for the Sro community as a whole.

Just my little rant.

That nifty block feature was in the game since it began. All they did was make an existing system available to botters before the rest of us.

Half of gold bots are run by player bots and gold is purchased by botters. People who play legit dont really buy gold.

Cruor is prolly better at PK2 editing than anyone else and he doesnt bot. He also helps develop our own private server.

If it werent for botters, we'd still happily be PVPing on the original 3 or 4 servers.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:42 pm 

I would have to agree. I'm only lvl 54 currently, so it wouldn't phase me at all if they stripped out all of the lvl 70 - 80 stuff. Taking us back to the 60 cap, with zero bots, would be perfectly fine with me.

Actually it would make thieving easier for me :-D

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:31 am 

Actually, the gold buying members of the game are WAY 100% WORSE than the bots because they ARE the reason for the goldbot popularity. Without all the gold buyers, no goldbots. PERIOD! As long as all the bots are being drummed outta the forum, the gold BUYING "legits" that are here better fess up and get the f*ck on also. They are the ones who have destroyed the game, not the handful of player bots botting for lvls, it is the gold BUYERS that have feuled the mess we deal with now due to the thousands of goldbots infesting every server. Even when a new server opens, it is only good for a week or two till the goldbots show up and it is like Babel or Rome with the traffic. Well, thats my rant for now i'll be back to add my two cents when this gets discussed more. Good night lol.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:53 am 
Frequent Member

Player bots like these who run their own gold bots ruined this game;

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:47 am 
Forum Legend

lol @ the 2nd screenshot, was looking at something else..... :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:18 pm 
Forum Legend

heroo wrote:
lol @ the 2nd screenshot, was looking at something else..... :roll:

d'0h.

(hot) girls > Bots. ya know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:48 pm 
Addicted Member

Thx axe, saved me the trouble. In the past, many of the SRF members who said things like "it's not the player bot, it's the goldbots that are the problem" turned out to be bots themselves. I mean, it doesn't take a genius to make the connection, but yeah, they ended up getting banned when it was proven that they botted.

In other words, there isn't a single legit (who isn't willfully ignoring vast mountains of evidence to the contrary) saying: "it's not the player bots thats the problem, it's the goldbots." If you make that statement, I'm certain you are either 1) a complete idiot (and I mean a should-be-institutionalized-he's-so-dumb idiot) or 2) a botter.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:48 pm 
Frequent Member

non ego man wrote:
Thx axe, saved me the trouble. In the past, many of the SRF members who said things like "it's not the player bot, it's the goldbots that are the problem" turned out to be bots themselves. I mean, it doesn't take a genius to make the connection, but yeah, they ended up getting banned when it was proven that they botted.

In other words, there isn't a single legit (who isn't willfully ignoring vast mountains of evidence to the contrary) saying: "it's not the player bots thats the problem, it's the goldbots." If you make that statement, I'm certain you are either 1) a complete idiot (and I mean a should-be-institutionalized-he's-so-dumb idiot) or 2) a botter.

How can you deduce from a few screenshots that all player bots must control the goldbot population? o.O There are plenty of reasons why someone would multiclient. The most obvious ones I can think of right now are self-powerlevel, honor point 'farming', and buffers. But according to your argument, I'm not a legit because I disagree with you and must also be an idiot or a botter.

I'd take your argument seriously if it wasn't for the two obvious fallacies surrounding it; cum hoc ergo propter hoc and 'Poisoning the Well'.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:21 am 

well. the people who run these forums are legit (as far as i know). it is THEIR choice if they want to discriminate botters or not (and i assume it is the right choice, being this forum the biggest and most visited). also, i know some of them since 2005 (i know most of them dont remember me anyway) and i can assure you that seeing the game as it is today deserves this kind of section in a forum THEY run. why let the very people who have destroyed the game they play for over 3 years be welcome on the forums? hmm?
botters. even if they're nice in real life or are really cool people to chat with are NOT welcome in these forums. also, there are plenty of forums that are bot-friendly.

hint: not this one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:07 am 
Addicted Member

EDIT: Not worth the time. Fug, you're dumb.

Last edited by non ego man on Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:24 am 

The word "discrimination" means "fine distinctions" but we've all learned this is a bad thing. (See Cobb:'Even the Rat was White')
Many, many Eng terms have dual meaning. To use judgment on a forum regarding who will be allowed to post or continue to post when it isn't based on race, religion, creed, age, gender or sexual orientation IS NOT an example of what can be termed 'discrimination' in any legal sense.

If by Discrimination you meant 'Diversity' the SRO forum is both multi-national -AND- multi-cultural already.

To bot, or not to bot... that is the question.
Jus' say 'no'.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:06 pm 
Forum Legend

Why should we thank bots for pk2 editing :? Bot supporters are getting more and more ridiculous....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:28 am 
Frequent Member

Wow, I have trouble staying connected on one account :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:47 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Blackdragon6 wrote:
Bot supporters are getting more and more ridiculous....

May I remind you all that bot support is an instant and permanent ban without discussion - as the rules state. Drawing the line between discussion and support is difficult, but the more you push and choose harsh words, the closer to the later line.

Keep that in mind.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next