Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Story, Confessions and Demise of a Botter......
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:09 am 
Banned User

Just wanted to post my SRO story over the course of two years whether or not you may or may know me. And yes, I AM A BOTTER. If the admins decide to ban me, they are free to do so, as I made this accounts solely for this submission. Thanks for reading.

_________________________________________________________________________________

It was June 2006. While fossicking for new online games to play after I quit my recent one, I came across what read “Silkroad Online”. This should be interesting I thought. I went through multiple screenshots and decided this is the game for me, in view of the fact that it has a sweet triangular conflict which is intriguing. I went to the official website and downloaded the game, as well as registered for an account to start my travels on. One thing I regret most about, is that I did not look up for feedbacks regarding the game on various forums back then.

Anyway then, I logged onto the game and was taken aback by the nice trailer on the main page. =) All the hours downloading the client was worth it I guess. (I've a slow connection) Typed in my username and password I did, and when the time came to select a server, I simply chose the one with the nicest name – which was Alps for me, mainly because I just loved that place. Starting afresh, I did not know a single thing in the game. Back then, I used to ask people around with silly questions such as “How do I see the Map of the Game” in Jangan. (Good old times ^_^) After restarting my characters a few times, I started to get the of the game. I joined a guild named WolfPride or something like that, that was Lvl 3 at the moment.

As I touched lvl 20, I made my first naïve attempt at thiefing. I used to be so amazed at how powerful the thieves were. There was this trader coming across the bridge in Jangan, and out of nowhere a thief appeared. I used to ask people like “How do thieves disappear and appear at will?”. Hehe. My first few attempts were obviously a failure. However, I did find a single unit of trade goods lying on the floor. I suited up and summoned my camel. I made my way back to Jangan thinking that I could go inside the town and sell it to someone. Bad mistake. I got killed while “humping” the air.

Once I reached lvl 25, I tried my luck at becoming a trader. Luckily for me, I was helped by 4 kind hunters who were around the range of 3X. We made it safely to Donwhang. Later, a guy named Nybler who was lvl 40 at the time helped me trade on numerous occasions. I will forever be in debt to him especially when he helped me for free and would resurrect me at times. Soon after, Nybler became inactive and I had to carry on my travels alone. =(

As I was training out of Donwhang, my gaze fell upon a strange character that rode on an unusual horse. His name was *Ben*. It turned out that we were from the same countries, or rather race. I joined his guild and shortly has my first taste of a Guild War. Of course, I died pretty badly. Later on, someone named *Logan* joined the guild. Initially, we had some quarrels of our own. He got kicked out shortly after. I must admit that I was one of the one who contributed to this.

As I leveled up, I started noticing something strange. While training, there was this player who would keep on ksing me at times. The way he moved was also queer. I asked him why did he do so but no reply was ever heard (seen). I asked my Guildmates about it. They told me he was a botter. And so, the botting hatred issue started.

By November 2006, after my exams were over, I devoted almost all of my free time into playing the game. Addicted I was. I could go on for streaks up to 10 hours day. As a result, my private life suffered and my parents started labelling me as a zombie =.=. I was usually one one of the most active members in my guild. I used to participate in flame wars against the botters.

By the time the 80 cap was opened, I was lvl 69 then. Did not have much time to play the game once my holidays ended. I usually play about three hours a day with my Gold Ticket on. And then the Taiwan Earthquake came. I was practically without access to the international servers for over a month. In this period of time, I contemplated on numerous occasions to quit the game as it did not mean much to me as it did before. My interminable tries to get into the server would only see my getting ksed by botters and such. Alas, I just could not help but not let my hours into the game go to waste.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Keen on continuing the game, I searched for altenative options. I came upon what seemed to be a bot site. (bot258 which was a reseller for iSRO bot at the time). I read through the details and did my calculations. I contacted them on purchasing a bot card with in-game gold. As the issue of scamming had been widespread, I was a little worried about parting with my hard-earned gold. But as soon as he issued me a bot card through IM, my worries were no more.

And so, I started botting. Botting through the night and etc. One thing I can say is that once I started botting, somehow my hatred towards botters were non-existent. There was like a bond that we botters shared, some sort like brothers, hah. It's like someone took a big burden off me, I was indeed happy and more cheerier since I do not harbour any more grudges against a botter.

One thing I must say I was afraid of was, getting caught by my Guildmates on botting. My guild was basically anti-bot. All our members will bot-haters and I also was one. So, I tried giving excuses to why my SP went up while I was away. The thought of getting kicked out of my beloved guild for succumbing into something I swore never to indulge in, terrified me. Alas, my fears were confirmed when some of my guildmates found out that I use a bot. I denied it. One thing I didn't expect was that my Guild Master would wait for me to repot at town and follow me to my training area. Obviously, I knew he knew I bot. I tried PMing him about the issue. Luckily for me, he was cool about it and decided not to kick me out when I volunteered to secede from the guild. To him, it did not matter whether I did bot, what mattered was that I was a good player and a good guildmate. I was so happy then that I wish I could hug him if it were possible.

I continued my botting til I reached lvl 80. Although I did bot my way to 80, I must say that I was not one of the average botters who are practically brain-dead if I might say so. This is because I used to search on strategies and tips as well as all the latest info on SRO. Before the Euro update came about, I read much on it on various forums, including this one as well, on strategies, party play mechanics and the various builds. To my delight, I was usually called as the SRO Dictionary by my guildies ^^. And so, I started playing a Euro character and tried partying up with other people. What disappointed me was that lack of good parties and the fact that almost 100% warriors (with a few exceptions of course) are brain-dead players who focus on dmg rather than tanking.

Therefore, I powerlvled myself up a cleric to mid 7X (wizard--> bard/wizard --> wizard/cleric --> full cleric). This was because of the lack of good clerics who actually know how to perform in a party and the fact that I can aid my guild members should a war break out.

__________________________________________________________________________________

By the end of 2007, I read a few books which helped me a lot. Through these books, I learned the true values in life and felt that basically, SRO was just a tool for me to suppress my inner disturbances. I went into a hiatus of a few months. In these valuable months, I've find many more valuable things to treasure in life. Naturally, SRO faded into the past.

What should I do with my character? I thought. Sell it and earn some cash? I chose another option. What made me choose this other option was the memory of my joy of actually earning my first million gold from a good fellow player who donated his stuff when he left SRO. I realised how a little thing to you can mean so much to others.

And so, I decided to donate my stuff away. I bought my last set of Globals and starting announcing that I will be giving away all my gold and items in South Donwhang Gate. I went there and there were already a few people waiting there PMing me with “you giving gold?”. I said yeah and started dropping my gold in stacks of 1m and such. Slowly, I raised it into 2m and finally 5m gold stacks. I gave away practically all of my 200m worth of gold I gathered over the years. Although I know most of you might think this is a waste, I can assure you that its worth it. The replies you get is definitely worth it.

“THX ALOT”
“TY SO MUCH”
“LOVE YOU THX”
and such....

and my most memorable comment was:
“thanks for proving to me that not all players in SRO are a**holes”

=)
You're welcome.

I also played a few games with my fellow “followers” which consists of running up to the mountain and dropping my items there. In the process, some Lvl 1 players were killed and attacked. So, I said that I would give away 5m to those who ressed the player as a “Good-Hearted Prize”. I also gave away 5m to the dead player for all his troubles =(. I also gave away my 3rd tier D8 set as well as my pimped glaive away. I especially gave these to the lower lvls who were seemed not to receive anything. =)
I also played a game entitled “Adherence” in front of the Donwhang Stone Cave. I asked them to stay there and not move as I proceeded into the cave portal. Stopping short of it, I saw several noobs who wanted to go in first lest I drop my goods in it. =.= Guess they did not know what adherence means, heh. xP

Once all my belongings have been given away, I proceeded into the Buddhist temple North of Donwhang with a few people who went with me to say thanks. I ascended the “mountain” up to the shrine and pressed N. I was getting ready to die, I told my “followers”. We said goodbye as I slowly rest in peace.

Thanks for reading my SRO story. I'm sorry if it took too long as I have many more to say. And yes, I have to say that I AM A BOTTER, and no that does not mean I'm mean, ruthless and such. If anyone wants to ban me for bot admission, be sure to go ahead. The reason I posted this is as a um... exercise for my English tests tomorrow. =.= and if possible.. to inspire others to do the same. (donate belongings away). What I have written is my true SRO story and not a fiction.

PS. If you want to know my in-game name, be sure to PM me.

Post subject: Re: The Story, Confessions and Demise of a Botter......
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:42 am 

China called... they want their wall back.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:44 am 

Even though you may have botted, you have enlighten yourself. Congratulations for reaching the next level of hell (not). Good luck and don't succumb to cheating again!! >:[

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:23 am 
Ex-Staff

Nice story.

Niyoke wrote:
err i know ium soudning weird but .. Mr Bow is my p.e teacher .. ARE YOU MR BOW? LMAO ?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:40 am 
Loyal Member

Nice story indeed. Nice thing I was able to read this before the admins lock this thread. GL mate..

Reminds me of the good old Venice with my mates.

BTW your english is good but check some words, sentences and spelling there are some errors. :D

Please click and help me with my little game. Don't worry it's not a link to a virus filled site or anything harmful. It's just like those links to help a little dragon grow thingie.

http://s4.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=184584

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:57 am 
Frequent Member

nice story. being a full-legit is very very HARD. unless you are able to get into great euro parties..it takes a long time. and well i guess some people, despite being strong bot haters, succumb to it.

and yea i too have pondered many times as to why i'm so obsessed with this game, my grades over the years have suffered but i did have lots of fun. and yea i have thought about botting but i know i never will because it'll be an insult to all the other great legits that i know in hera and venice.

so i guess you should've have more patience and CONTROL over how much u played. anyways goodluck ^_^ nice of you do drop yer gold/items...

btw remember that this game is not all about lvling...ask all the 80 ppl..before we knew 90 cap was coming, it gets really boring (unless you have fun trading/hunting/thieving/killing uniques). so it's pretty safe to assume that we'll have lots of time to lvl.

my first character, bower on venice, took 18 months to get to lvl 72...i probably went months of just plain pvping and hunting uniques, i never reached 80 there and probably never will but i had lots of fun :D

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:04 pm 
Elite Member

Looks to me like it's just a long essay trying to justify being a botter. Fact is, you took the easy way out and cheated for your levels. No story will justify that.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:25 pm 
Forum Legend

salmissra wrote:
nice story. being a full-legit is very very HARD. unless you are able to get into great euro parties..it takes a long time. and well i guess some people, despite being strong bot haters, succumb to it.

and yea i too have pondered many times as to why i'm so obsessed with this game, my grades over the years have suffered but i did have lots of fun. and yea i have thought about botting but i know i never will because it'll be an insult to all the other great legits that i know in hera and venice.

so i guess you should've have more patience and CONTROL over how much u played. anyways goodluck ^_^ nice of you do drop yer gold/items...

btw remember that this game is not all about lvling...ask all the 80 ppl..before we knew 90 cap was coming, it gets really boring (unless you have fun trading/hunting/thieving/killing uniques). so it's pretty safe to assume that we'll have lots of time to lvl.

my first character, bower on venice, took 18 months to get to lvl 72...i probably went months of just plain pvping and hunting uniques, i never reached 80 there and probably never will but i had lots of fun :D

It isnt hard.. you either play or quit, that way its easy lol

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:07 pm 
Frequent Member

MrJoey wrote:
...No story will justify that.

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:32 pm 
Veteran Member

MrJoey wrote:
Looks to me like it's just a long essay trying to justify being a botter. Fact is, you took the easy way out and cheated for your levels. No story will justify that.

exactly my thought

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:32 pm 

Amelie wrote:
MrJoey wrote:

exactly my thought

If you have hearts, then they are made of stone,
Though my true thoughts are that you have no hearts,
It's sad how little respect you have shown,
You could at least read it, if you have the smarts.

@Topic starter
I like you story, the best part being the end where you gave everything away, I like how you like climbed mountains and stuff, and at the end, you had nothing left and were completely naked, but you climbed up the last buddhist mountain, and upon reaching the peak, sat down and "died".

It was cool, lol.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:41 pm 
Forum Legend

balony

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:19 pm 
Forum God

Nice story 8)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:51 pm 

You got annoyed by bots filling the servers, ks'ing all the time and the whole story, so you bot yourself? Then you stay in your legit guild and lie to people who think you're legit? Yup, great story, good riddance.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:56 pm 
Banned User

Rainigul wrote:
Amelie wrote:
MrJoey wrote:

exactly my thought

If you have hearts, then they are made of stone, etc.......

TIMBER!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:08 pm 
Common Member

betrayal, lies, and botting because you're tired of being ksed. Yeah that makes sense, and you're such a great player. /sarcasm

Giving items to newcomers doesn't change what you are and what you did. There is no justification for cheating.

@NB, lol.

Viva la legittimità

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:14 pm 
Forum Legend

Judge wrote:
betrayal, lies, and botting because you're tired of being ksed. Yeah that makes sense, and you're such a great player. /sarcasm

Giving items to newcomers doesn't change what you are and what you did. There is no justification for cheating.

yeah dude, you are a very very bad person, i hate you!

/sarcasm

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:33 pm 
Loyal Member

tl;dr, GTFO Botter.

guys with tough balls should do this; go to joymax office and literally beat them up. now you guys should only beat up dudes who work on big offices of joymax. you must record it and make US SEE BLEEDING JOYMAX EMPLOYEES! AINT THAT FREAKIN GREAT!

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:39 pm 
Valued Member

Very nice story, I enjoyed reading it. It's unfortunate that people like you will be banned just because once you botted but now don't even play the game. Anyways gl on your english exam.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:02 am 

Deathsythe wrote:
Very nice story, I enjoyed reading it. It's unfortunate that people like you will be banned just because once you botted but now don't even play the game. Anyways gl on your english exam.

I once killed a man...but they didn't do anything to me because I stopped killing people :D

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:12 am 
Ex-Staff

Banned.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]