Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: It has become a competition..
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:02 am 
the 2 options are simple btw.

1. we continue the "war against bots"
      - by doing this, we are forcing botters off the forum. a lot of them are
      banned already, so it's mostly the remakes we need to ban. a couple of
      legits leave the forum because they think the forum is dieing. where is
      the trust in srf. these members usually have been here like forever, yet
      when things get rough, they leave. so yeah, we lose a lot of botters (if
      not all of them), and we lose a couple of whiners. but besides that, we
      keep the morals and beliefs of srf. all bans will have had a reason. all
      legits get the feeling at least one large community is trying to make a
      difference. and give members the feeling that they can make a difference.
  2. we stop the "war against bots"
      - this way, we will allow botters on the forum. this will be against all
      the things srf has stood for all this time. if we stop this war, we will
      basically throw away all we have done, all the people we've lost. and on
      top of that, we will lose whatever legits really believed srf would be a
      better place with a complete legit community. and that's a lot of legits.
      good thing is we could join hands with tavern and be a big happy family.

i made the "war" part in italic, because i don't see it as a war at all.
i just see it as cleaning up the forum from anybody who cheated at this
game.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:42 am 
Banned User

The botting issue.

*sigh*

How is the forum worse? Because SRF is really just a forum. Its where ppl chat. There is a lot of chatting going on. Its not all about the game.

@ol3n - I dont go to AC anymore. Why? Cause a bunch of teenage boys have decided that there is only one way to do something. Everything they make looks like little carbon copies of each other and they pat each other on the back and stroke off over it. I made a few comments about it. No one cared, so most of us that had been chatting in there since AyaChan ran it just kinda wandered off. I STILL cant see the brilliant creativity of a few lines and squiggles over a stock photo. But hey, Im not a real artist, what do I know.

OTL has always been a strange place. Ive never gone in there much. Botters have driven away more legits than the other way around tho, I can guarantee it.

If you dont like the antibot atmosphere...well...that says something. Cause there are a lot of frustrated legits who feel like they can take some kind of stand. Botters own all the servers but one. They own all the forums too except for three. For everyone one legit forum, there are a HUNDRED pro bot ones. Botters are free to go there, right? I mean look what happened to all the botters that got themselves banned from here. LAB still around? LOL Not at all, dead in the water and Im sure everyone that got banned is hiding around here on a new account.

Botters arent welcome, awwww so sad. Id shed a tear maybe but Im too busy doing a happy dance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:29 am 
Elite Member

Quote:
Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.

I refuse to give in to the botters and i refuse to accept them.

I refuse to sell out my morals,memories,belief and pride to automated programs.

Let them come. We will strike them down again and again.

Quote:
“There are plenty of teams in every sport that have great players and
never win titles. Most of the time, those players aren't willing to
sacrifice for the greater good of the team. The funny thing is, in
the end, their unwillingness to sacrifice only makes individual
goals more difficult to achieve. One thing I believe to the fullest
is that if you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades
will take care of themselves. Talent wins games, but teamwork and
intelligence win championships.

If i can make a stand against this botter decadence. Then i will carry the sword of the legits with pride. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:38 am 

why do people keep dramatizing this as if it was some kind of war for freedom? Botters in SRF arent fighting here, we`re just putting a boot in their ass and they cant do anything

might as well call it a genocide of bots (if you decide to look at the bots as an ethnic group which doesnt make any sense at all)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:22 am 
Veteran Member

Some kiddies just do it to increase their e-peen.

Also, out of those kiddies, some are angry that they still havent even worn a single 8D item and are jealous

I still dont see why do that in GD...and in any GD thread.
If these e-peen nabs wanna increase their e-peen, they need 2 stick 2 Exposed Botters Section and PMing Mods.

I love this forum's enthusiasm towards the issue, but some people can be *over* enthusiastic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:58 am 

With the war on bots, SRF has become better and better. I love it.

I love how they know they'll get banned, but still come here. Remake an account and whine about it. They make this big post about why botting is ok, or tell us how legits suck before the ban hammer kicks in, or how the forums are going down. BUT, not a single legit I know gives a flying fk what bots think or say. Go and post it on a bot forum where somebody might give a rats ass. We don't. We're happy you're banned from legit forums.

Goodbye and please, let the door hit your ass on the way out....hard.

Lalalalalalalalala :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:28 am 
Elite Member

Dian Jie wrote:
With the war on bots, SRF has become better and better. I love it.

I love how they know they'll get banned, but still come here. Remake an account and whine about it. They make this big post about why botting is ok, or tell us how legits suck before the ban hammer kicks in, or how the forums are going down. BUT, not a single legit I know gives a flying fk what bots think or say. Go and post it on a bot forum where somebody might give a rats ass. We don't. We're happy you're banned from legit forums.

Goodbye and please, let the door hit your ass on the way out....hard.

Lalalalalalalalala :P

Exactly.

Don't like the 'war' on bots? GTFO !

It will only stop when the Admins tell us different. But to me the war against bots has only just begun.

I play Cabal Online now and even there i see the anti bot topics rising like cancer cells. That's the second MMORPG i meet them at. Again with the 'bot problem' I became a soldier against botters in that forum to.

I can run from MMORPG to MMORPG but it won't matter because in due time they will **** up every nice game and rape the community.

And what would be left ? nothing that resembles the times we once had..where people were happy because they reached level 50 or 60 and were praised for it.

A bunch of legits hiding in the corners of a forum renamed: Silkroad Bot Online ? While the botters laugh at us ? while we desperately cling to our dreams and our pathetic 'stand against bots' ?

I will take my leave if i ever saw that day. I'm not trying to be a drama king nor am i running for president here..but i am fully aware what awaits us if we all give in.

And if that means being labbeled 'drama king' then so be it..call me a hopeless dreamer or a godsent idealist.

But atleast i am one of many who choose not to sell out their beliefs because they sucked at producing a backbone. :)

Up yours botters.

/Leaves thread.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=X7zlkyMfg2A

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:55 pm 
Forum Legend

Hey, cool, has the discussion started AGAIN. wowzers, more spam for me then.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:33 pm 
Banned User

What I think the main problem here that I've seen is not so much the fact about botters and what they do and so on, its the overall maturity level of self claimed legits who go out of their way to say everyone and anyone beyond their little circle of friends (or don't play in Venus) is a botter.

Good example is that thread about a Chinese character from another server besides Venus reaching cap. With NO proof at all, instantly that person gets flamed by little kids who have the worst language skills that said character botted his way to the top. He could have been 100% legit, taken a year or two to reach where he is, but it doesnt matter; they already have him marked as a botter ripe for banning and call the admins to carry out their request, without even bothering to find out if said person really did bot or not.

Heres usually how it goes down:
Player 1 w/ chinese character: Hey guys I reached cap; here are some screenshots.
Some random kid: Gratz, but theres something fishy about your screenshots... (or some other thing they find wrong); I think you're a botter.
Rest of the bandwagon: YEAH DUDE I'VE SEEN THIS KID RUN BOTLINES AND GO MURDER, HES A BOTTER
BAN! BAN! BAN!!1!one!11one!11
Player 1: No! I legitly grinded my way up, joined Euro parties when they had space available.
Rest of the bandwagon: BULLSHIT! BOTTER GTFO OUR FORUMS!1!11one!!!1

On the flipside, Euro character reaches cap. He gets praised and congratulated because he OBVIOUSLY (and I say this with great sarcasm) with no proof at all MUST have partied legitly his way to the top. No one outside of the server ever heard of this guy usually, but since he has a Euro character; he must be legit JUST because of the race of his character. Again, on the flipside; Chinese character reaches cap, it is automatically assumed he botted his way to the top. Where is the logic in that when alot of SRF as far as I know seems to like chinese characters moreso than Euro characters? According to that logic, you are ALL botters. See how that makes no common sense? But thats what alot of people see nowadays on SRF: a complete lack of intelligence and common sense. And that ignorance and blatantly accusing unknown people who reach cap of botting with no proof is what has to stop, not the war against bots itself. The war against bots is good, and there have been many great strides that SRF has done to help the legit community and that deserves the utmost respect, so do not mistake my words as pro-bot because I assure you, its not. I'm only saying to adopt the innocent before proven guilty approach and leave the accused alone from all flaming and public bot accusations until PROVEN or ADMITTED that he/she botted.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:30 pm 
Banned User

Rhe7oric wrote:
Stuff...

Sure, some ppl are enthusiastic. Our good admins and mods are smart enough to comb through the crap and filter it out. Just some ppl making noise. Being suspicious of someone when they reach the cap on a blader 2 weeks after the server goes up is cause for speculation. Its just going to happen.

Botters on Venus accuse me of botting all the time. ^^ I must be healing them to death or something. Apparently there is some kind of legit bot that works cooperatively in a party for three hours a day. lol PM me for details... *shifty eyes*

Seriously, ppl dont mix in some common sense but then, we have a predominantly -18 male population here and that demographic isnt known for its high analytical thinking skills is it. The staff here seems pretty patient and so should the rest of you be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:33 pm 
Addicted Member

Can someone explain exactly when cheating became acceptable because "it's just a game"? Did I miss something? Or maybe this is just a natural stage of development when you make excuses for everyone else in order to cover up your own shortcomings. I have vague recollections of that pre-pubescent period, but my memory is failing.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:50 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

There's a misunderstanding that banning botters is to create a better community. That's completely wrong. The well-being of the community comes second, after the fact that the administration searches to have a legit community to support the in-game legit community of which most of us are part of.

I realize there's a lot of closet botters on this forum, but with every refresh of the exposed botters section they slowly get banned. They come back, we ban their IP - locking out the proxy for every other botter to use. This isn't 100% completely effective, but maintaining a stern stance on the issue is tipping the population composition balance towards the legit side.

The most QQ'ing I see, more than anything, is botters and bot supporters reassuring themselves that cheating at the game is fine, because they have real lives. The statement in itself is a contradiction and they have no right to be angry. Legits that complain about botters have a good reason to be pissed off, and i'm not going to silence them because they're discontent. Atleast they're trying to do something about it.

Every legit or legit supporter is a moderate on the issue. It's the 10 year old kids, and the crazy ones, that cry in threads about anyone being 90 is a botter. On the other hand, I love all the claims that botters make. You know, they have real lives, but they spend 3-6+ hours a day sitting infront of their computer babysitting their bot whilst posting on this forum that they have lives.

Add to that the fact that most botters have the wit and intelligence of a hedgehog with downsyndrome. Let me give some examples:

lahka13 wrote:
omg LEGITS HAVE NO LIFE HUNTING 24/7 LIVING WITH THEIR MOM. GET A Farking BOT AND GO OUTSIDE. LEGITS ARE G.AY. THEY HAVE NO LIFE AND I BET 95% OF SRF PPL BOT . NO LEVELS WITHOUT BOT. ALL THE LEGITS HAVE NO LIFE. GET A F.UCKING BOT. BYE BYE U GUYS CAN REPLY ALL U WANT I WILL BE JUST BOTTING WHILE U GUYS SPEND TIME WRITING S.HIT ON HERE AND GRINDING LOL LEGITS CAN SUCK MY B.ALLS. F.UCK ALL LEGITS GET A LIFE BlTCHES!! HAHHAHAH

^Apparently botting makes up for personal short comings.

fastforce wrote:
I BOT FUCKERZ

^Coming out of the closet is a HUGE confidence boost. It helps when you're craving for attention too - notice how all of them always follow the "I'M A BOTTER, LOOK AT ME, <insults go here>!" formula.

Impulse wrote:
Im using bot since 2006, i made over 20 lvl70-90 char, im also using testosterone and no-dc client
oh and i buy 300m gold every week
and i sell my chars on ebay and make money
hahaha
BANN ME

^It seems with botters there's a need for them to prove to themselves that there's justification for botting. Look at the post above: he starts with "I cheat", he follows with a justification (which is most definately for his own morality, since no one really cares about why he does it) "but it's ok because I sell my chars and make money", and ends with a "lol i'm better than you".

And of course, my personal favorite, and the ultimate example of hypocrisy and mental disability:

StuckUP wrote:
I botted so what. Sue me? I'm not as stupid as to keep this act going, I botted so what. I was stupid to say no, I didn't bot. So what I ask you just ban me. SRF is not worth all this bs I got through. I don't care about justifying my reasons bc you really don't need to hear them and if I chose bot I chose to bot. BTW you Avalon freaks need to go out more there is more to life than playing 18 hours a day on a stupid game that is not worth it and after that trying to get the dirt on SRF members. And in doing so backstabbing their friends.

Like most of the, brings up that botting is not a big deal. Being the cunning person that she is, says she won't justify why she bots, but leaves with a note that legits need to go out more, and there's more to life than playing 18 hours a day (coming from a person who had 20-30 posts a day and is an adult who argued with 13 year old kids about trivial issues).

So what have we learned? For starters, most botters are insecure; instead of just saying "I bot, I choose to no longer post on this forum", they follow a "I bot because I have a life, which you don't, i'm better than you" to justify their decisions (which shows a lack of confidence). Secondly, they feel a need to throw in a buffer between them and legits. They say legits have no lives, and in reality they waste as much time as them nerding out there lives; so what do they do? They throw in a buffer, usually real life but as one of them showed, money too. And lastly, they're hypocritical. Which should be self explanatory.

This is a game. It's an MMORPG where developing your character IS the game. In games like these, especially the grindfest that is SRO, you literally have to WORK until you reach the point where you can enjoy your character. When you decide that you want to skip all that and bot, you're making a decision that ruins the game for every player that effectively WORKS through the game like it was made to be played. When you bot, you're runing the game in it's most basic form. You're being selfish and taking away the value of the time that legits have put into the game because they choose to have moral fibre and integrity. You can try to reassure yourself by saying that the reason you bot is because you have a life, but it all comes down to the point that you're sitting infront of a computer for hours a day, playing a cheap korean rip off of a game (or even worse, watching a program play it for you), posting on a gaming forum that caters mostly to preteens, and you still feel the need to pump up your ego and confidence because you feel ashamed and you care about what these kids think.

When you care enough to feel compelled to justify your decisions because you care about what the people (the nerds, the no lifers, the ones you claim to not be) think, you really have to question who's the one with no life.

And as a last note, god i'm fcking glad StuckUP got banned.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:18 am 
Banned User

nightbloom wrote:
LAB still around? LOL Not at all, dead in the water and Im sure everyone that got banned is hiding around here on a new account.

Link removed by Milly. Please be warned we don't post links to websites that contain pro-bot and information about other illegal software.

I dont get why botters would get upset when banned here from srf. There are many forums out there to compare e-penis sizes if that is your thing. Just be glad your game account isnt banned when you bot.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:23 am 
Loyal Member

Link removed by Milly. Please be warned we don't post links to websites that contain pro-bot and information about other illegal software.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:57 am 
Banned User

iam not gonna read all those very long posts so i though i would share what i had in mind.

cheat=ban no matter how many posts you have or how long u been on the forums

no cheat = no ban
let me explain to u something, lets say u were playing soccer, and a player from the other team touch the ball with his hand, no one else saw it buy you, will you point it out or no? defentily because u want to win and u want to have a fair game, its the same here we want a fair game "simple as that"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:27 am 

stuckup got banned for what

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:29 am 
Forum Legend

stuckup got banned for botting, no one's crying.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:01 am 
Ex-Staff

If you guys mean some legits are assholes and are ruining the forum, we can definitely search for ways to promote a higher integrity of the forum. If we do find people who bots, they have to go. If they've supported SRF by making useful posts, great, doesn't excuse them from being a cheator in the game. They just don't belong here if they currently bot.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:54 am 

TOloseGT wrote:
stuckup got banned for botting, no one's crying.

wow im so dumb didnt even read all of doms post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:30 am 
i guess everything that needed to be said has been said.

i guess we'll have to wait another week or so till the next one of these.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2