Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: After...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:32 pm 
Forum Legend

Barotix, you are indeed right about the fact that this forum did change in a positive way for those that are still playing the game the legit way.

But this forum isn't about the game only anymore, it has grown too large for it. Just look at how much sub forums we have: Off Topic, Other Games, Artists Corner...

Many members that are browsing this forum are not playing the game anymore. For these members the forums have changed in a negative way. We have lost members who contributed alot to this forum. They didn't contribute to this forum with a usefull guide or a usefull hint for Silkroad, but they contributed to this forum with something that was interesting to read or something that was just funny to read. And I enjoyed reading many of their posts.

I have always thought that the game should be separated from the forum and I will always support this thought. A legit community doesn't necessarily means a better community for all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:49 pm 
Ex-Staff

heroo wrote:
I have always thought that the game should be separated from the forum and I will always support this thought. A legit community doesn't necessarily means a better community for all.

In our revised bot exposion rules
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=79269
we have stated the sro account must be an active sro account (botted&used <90 days ago). This to prevent OTL users getting banned while they don't even play the game anymore.
If those OTL users did bot within 90 days from now they cannot be excluded from our rules.

Niyoke wrote:
err i know ium soudning weird but .. Mr Bow is my p.e teacher .. ARE YOU MR BOW? LMAO ?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:20 pm 

heroo wrote:
Barotix, you are indeed right about the fact that this forum did change in a positive way for those that are still playing the game the legit way.

But this forum isn't about the game only anymore, it has grown too large for it. Just look at how much sub forums we have: Off Topic, Other Games, Artists Corner...

Many members that are browsing this forum are not playing the game anymore. For these members the forums have changed in a negative way. We have lost members who contributed alot to this forum. They didn't contribute to this forum with a usefull guide or a usefull hint for Silkroad, but they contributed to this forum with something that was interesting to read or something that was just funny to read. And I enjoyed reading many of their posts.

Just my personal opinion, but these forums are called Silkroad Online Forums, and were created because of, and in support for, the game Silkroad Online. Of course it has grown beyond simply the game, but that is where it has its roots. I think anything SRF does should reflect positively on SRO and its community.

We want a good, clean SRO community. We can only do so much to change things in game, but we can do a lot more to change things here in the forums. It's not just about SRO, but personally, I think that's a big part of it, if nothing else, from the public's eye. Most new people come here because of SRO, not Perfect World or 2moons, or any other MMO. They may find those things, as well as non-game related things once they get here, but SRO is where it starts for them.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:50 am 
Forum Legend

heroo wrote:

Would you stop allready?

I've read this same block of text like 10 times over the last half year. All by your hand. Stop wining allready.

fkin hell. Some people.

also: LET'S NOT TURN THIS INTO YET ANOTHER DISCUSSION ABOUT SRF'S POLICY'S. THEY TEND TO BORE AFTER THE 20th TIME.

The mod's and Admins have stated like a million times now, that they'll continue going down this road, having the same conversation again is not gonna change that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:17 am 
Forum Legend

sigh, many ppl predicted this would happen in another thread just like this. i'm gonna predict that within 6 months, another one of these is gonna pop up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:26 am 
Forum Legend

Priam wrote:

i am not doing this to change SRF's policy, just sharing my opinion. And agree 100% to what deep.in said.. so please stop acting like the grown up kid and don't take things too personal :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:54 pm 
Forum Legend

heroo wrote:
Priam wrote:

i am not doing this to change SRF's policy, just sharing my opinion. And agree 100% to what deep.in said.. so please stop acting like the grown up kid and don't take things too personal :wink:

I'm not taking things personal, and acting never was my thing since middleschool. Your just plain annoying with the same QQ's and arguements in the same section over and over. We allready knew some of your little friends got banned, we know you want them back. How? Cause you've been wining about it ever since the titanic sank.

This annoyance, i felt, needed pointing out. If that's personal, fine, so be it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:58 pm 
Forum Legend

Priam wrote:
heroo wrote:
Priam wrote:

I'm not taking things personal, and acting never was my thing since middleschool. Your just plain annoying with the same QQ's and arguements in the same section over and over. We allready knew some of your little friends got banned, we know you want them back. How? Cause you've been wining about it ever since the titanic sank.

This annoyance, i felt, needed pointing out. If that's personal, fine, so be it.

if you think my posts are annoying, don't read them. i'm not writing them for you.

anyways, before one of us turns into flaming and such thinhs, i'm out.

luv u Priam, peace :love:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:15 pm 
Forum Legend

For everyone on this forum but me? i feel left out

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:34 pm 
Elite Member

deep.in wrote:
After so many members are banned...something changed. I cant, i just cant, and i dont see any point reading topics like this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94249

So i bot, ban me pls :)

-.-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:37 am 

Errrrrrr so wait. We should all lament the leaving of such wonderful botters due to this awful policy of enforcing rules?

Yeah a lot of people got banned recently. But they are still dwarfed by the number of people who while not banned were more or less driven from the game and the community by these very same people now banned. Though they all left gradually over a period of years instead of just a few months so you and others never noticed. And with the mention of just 1 name I can quell the argument that this newer policy lost us good contributing people. Ryoko AKA Stacy for us old school Xianates. And the forum owner and original Admin for all the new comers. I will leave it to him to state exactly why he left. But you can rest assured it was joymax/botter/community related.

These people now banned were not held at gunpoint and forced to bot. Their choice their fault. The only thing the staff can be accused of is mild condoning of botting by the previous god awful policy of don't ask don't tell. By not actively condemning them they gave them a passive approval. And so all these people got it in their heads since joymax will not do anything and SRF does not really want to know/care about it then it must be ok. The only thing the staff ever failed on was not doing this sooner.

So they can't post here anymore. Some may shed a single tear but most will not. There are other forums out there where they have broken no rules and can post freely. Just in name alone this is a gaming forum and ultimatly is here for those that play the game and not for the botters or honestly even the ex players like myself. If all you want is flames off topic and the like dude you gotta check out somethingawful.com or go troll /b/ on 4 chan. That is their mission in life and they don't care that you ever botted. But please don't be condescending to the staff because they are doing their job and making the forum a forum for the gamers. For all of us that don't play for whatever reason including the botters especially this is not our forum anymore really.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:41 am 
Banned User

ping_lo wrote:
The only thing the staff can be accused of is mild condoning of botting by the previous god awful policy of don't ask don't tell. By not actively condemning them they gave them a passive approval. And so all these people got it in their heads since joymax will not do anything and SRF does not really want to know/care about it then it must be ok. The only thing the staff ever failed on was not doing this sooner.

As if SRF taking up action against the bots or not is going to prevent people from botting at all. An SRF account means nothing. You can remake them and nothing of value, other then perhaps the presence you had in the community, is lost.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:06 am 

FaintSmile wrote:
ping_lo wrote:
The only thing the staff can be accused of is mild condoning of botting by the previous god awful policy of don't ask don't tell. By not actively condemning them they gave them a passive approval. And so all these people got it in their heads since joymax will not do anything and SRF does not really want to know/care about it then it must be ok. The only thing the staff ever failed on was not doing this sooner.

As if SRF taking up action against the bots or not is going to prevent people from botting at all. An SRF account means nothing. You can remake them and nothing of value, other then perhaps the presence you had in the community, is lost.

This argument has been used many times before. What you, and others fail to realize, is that SRF is not trying to change iSRO itself. The SRF admins are not trying to cleanse the iSRO community of botters. They can't do that. What they are trying to do (and they are succeeding) is cleanse these forums of botters. All the more power to them.

Yes, botters can remake accounts on SRF easily, but it is also equally easy for the admins to ban the new accounts again. You will run out of proxies, etc. before the admins will run out of the patience to click the 'ban' button.

Honestly, I don't see what's so hard to understand about SRF's policy regarding bots. They don't want them here. If you don't like it, you don't have to be here. There are plenty of us that like the policy.

ping_lo wrote:
Errrrrrr so wait. We should all lament the leaving of such wonderful botters due to this awful policy of enforcing rules?

(Rest cut to shorten my post)

I couldn't have said it better myself. I completely agree.

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:14 pm 
Chronicle Writer

Oh for the love of god why did this reach 2 pages. STFU all of you. Go discuss the status of the forum somewhere else where ppl care, not in the EXPOSED BOTTERS SECTION. She/He/It said he/she/it bots so ban him/her. Look at how easy that is. 2 mods passed through here and neither of them banned and locked, don't tell me you have a reason cause its zero-tolerance especially when the person clearly says "I Bot" Thats auto-ban, end of talking, no need to debate. He/She wants out....give him/her the boot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:32 pm 
Banned User

XemnasXD wrote:
Oh for the love of god why did this reach 2 pages. STFU all of you. Go discuss the status of the forum somewhere else where ppl care, not in the EXPOSED BOTTERS SECTION. She/He/It said he/she/it bots so ban him/her. Look at how easy that is. 2 mods passed through here and neither of them banned and locked, don't tell me you have a reason cause its zero-tolerance especially when the person clearly says "I Bot" Thats auto-ban, end of talking, no need to debate. He/She wants out....give him/her the boot.

Typical post. STFU and ect. You could tell this without "screaming". Anyway, nevermind this ^^
Btw, call me..him :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:38 pm 

Frankly I am thankful the mods left it open. To often self important botters post getting all preachy to us whom they consider ignorant legits. They use circular logic and the old classic everyone else is doing it so why shouldn't I? Then a mod comes through quickly locking the thread often before a rebuttle can be posted. Guess what botters we already know the vast majority bot. We are banning not in spite of that but because of it. So leave the bible at home and no, you are not sparticus. I think apart from the usual suspects professing suspect sympathy for the botters everyone has kept a reasoned tone and not brought flames. Forgive us our sins that we do not enjoy being preached at by those with no business or qualification to do so.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:21 pm 

XemnasXD wrote:

Yes, this is the Exposed Botters section. A place to identify and discuss alleged exposed botters. I think this thread is fine the way it is. :)

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
0x, STR blader (Venus)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:42 pm 
Banned User

Barotix wrote:
.Higinia wrote:
Barotix wrote:
.Hignia, 08 ftw? How long were you around to know of the "cool" people. There are no "cool" people on the internet. There are three types of posters: Posters that contribute (or at least try to contribute) with every post, Posters that whore attention, spam, and derail topics; lastly, posters that bitch and follow the crowd like the sheep they are.

I forgot that you need an account to browse the forum?
Been here since 07, joined in 08.

Then you realize that the "cool" people were nothing but drama starters. :roll:
There were two types of posters banned from srf.
Posters that contribute (Minority).
Posters that are replaceable (Majority).

New blood replaces old blood.

So when are you being replaced...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:12 pm 
Forum Legend

XemnasXD wrote:

Ahh, another grown up kid :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:49 pm 
Chronicle Writer

Theres nothing to discuss, the reason this section was created was so that we wouldn't have to discuss. I realize that sometimes you might want a rebuttle, i feel that way sometimes, but it is not necessary. This is not an accusation, nor is it misidentification, its a very clear admission. This section was made so that ppl who bot can be caught and banned. So deep stop being an attention whore. Either you really want to leave this place which you could've done without being banned or you want to stay and this is all just BS. Either way i get pissed off when i see

1) mods showing favoritism
2) ppl who say the quality of this place is lacking and then make goodbye threads.
3) ppl who say they left but keep posting.

You came into this section, admitted to botting, said you didn't like this place anymore, and somehow thats prompted discussion. If this was some run of the mill 232 post nobody this thread would've been locked by now and no one would care. Instead its turned into a discussion about better days and the policy changing and blah blah blah. And then, on top of all this deep.in continues to post in the place, the place he just can't stand btw.

The rules are very clear. He admitted to botting. He should've been banned awhile ago. This does not need discussion. If he's friends with a mod then talk about it over MSN after he's gone like you do with your other friends who've been banned.

and hero your a bit young to be calling anyone in thread kid....it just comes off pretentious and you should be anything but with the way you post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:29 am 
Ex-Staff

MrH wrote:
Barotix wrote:
.Higinia wrote:
I forgot that you need an account to browse the forum?
Been here since 07, joined in 08.

Then you realize that the "cool" people were nothing but drama starters. :roll:
There were two types of posters banned from srf.
Posters that contribute (Minority).
Posters that are replaceable (Majority).

New blood replaces old blood.

So when are you being replaced...

When I stop playing SRO and step down as mod. Why, when are you being replaced? :roll:
OnT: Occasional discussion is needed but this was the wrong topic to do it in. Topic will be dealt with by a resident Global.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:04 am 

I agree with XemnasXD ... he is right guys :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:18 am 
Retired Admin

banned. locked.

Having trouble accessing SRF?

dom wrote:
RuYi wrote:
Are you from outer space or something?
He's from Jersey. Close enough.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2