Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Vandango
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:40 am 

Sorry mods , you locked the topic , I must add something , because Vandango was my friend, and I respect him!

This is what happened:
I can assure you, Vandango didnt TOUCH LOADER / BOT, never, until Saturday, August 16, 2008.

He was so fustrated today, he wanted a break from everything...

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee26 ... ndango.jpg

Every anti-bot crap he was giving you, he was giving it as a Legit SRO player and Moderator of SRF! He was giving it to you with allowance, because he was LEGIT!

He brought his Vandango on Babel to lv.69 LEGIT!
He had his periods, and few times he tought of starting to bot but he didnt.

He was sick of everything today, and he actually admitted it, that he bots, unlike 90% of you liars!!!
He is a fair and honest guy, who done awesome job during his administarion here on Silkroad Forums.

Atleast you can say thanks to him, instead starting a topic "LOLOLOLOL" ...
He contributed alot to Silkroad Online Forums ..

Thanks is atleast we can say to him.

Thank You, Vandango! :love:

Last edited by Nitro on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Vandango
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:51 am 

Please don't post messages from banned users. They have been banned and thus meaning they have no rights to speak in this community. Especially Syl or whoever else accused of botting and cheating themselves.

Milly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:01 am 
Loyal Member

Quote:
I can assure you, Vandango didnt TOUCH LOADER / BOT, never, until Saturday, August 16, 2008.

I can assure you, I didn't touch a loader or bot since...Oh wait, never.

Frustration is not an excuse to bot.

Bottom line: Vandango is a hypocrite.

I'm just taking in the lulz, enjoying a peaceful night, and sipping a coke.

guys with tough balls should do this; go to joymax office and literally beat them up. now you guys should only beat up dudes who work on big offices of joymax. you must record it and make US SEE BLEEDING JOYMAX EMPLOYEES! AINT THAT FREAKIN GREAT!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 am 

:love: Vandango he did alot for me !

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:04 am 

I lol'd. I don't know whether or not to believe the whole 'never touched' thing. Least I can say I knew it was coming..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:04 am 

I rofl at all the Venus kids who will suddenly pop up in this thread like the other thread.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:06 am 
Frequent Member

In before the lock. I missed the other topic! Fack me.

Anyways what I said. Noob van, all I gotta say. But anyways, just because he was a mod doesn't mean he deserves any more then all the other 10000 bots that admitted/got caught/whatever.

Sucks to see an old union mate start botting though, eh?

Edit*: FFS, why do people always say "stop with the venus shit". you guys are starting it. -.- Gawd. And um that was completely random btw, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with that server. Keep on topic plx.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:09 am 

AkillerNXC wrote:

Anyways what I said. Noob van, all I gotta say. But anyways, just because he was a mod doesn't mean he deserves any more then all the other 10000 bots that admitted/got caught/whatever.

Actually he deserves more... because he contributed to SRF.
Unlike the, 10000 other bots.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:11 am 
Forum Legend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:13 am 
Frequent Member

Nitro wrote:
AkillerNXC wrote:

Actually he deserves more... because he contributed to SRF.
Unlike the, 10000 other bots.

Sylhana, Deep in, Deacon, TwelveEleven, Itonami, Luoma... must the list go on?

Last edited by AkillerNXC on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:13 am 
Frequent Member

well damn, i actually liked vans posts

o well

Last edited by Mcclane on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:18 am 
Banned User

LEAVE VANDANGO ALONE!!!!!!

Code: Select all

The point, is in the capacity of a moderator, you make yourself a public figure and while you know no one, they all feel like they know you and take your betrayal somewhat more personally than just anyone.

If joe456 admits to being a bot, no one notices. Duh.

The excuse of, "I needed a break from SRF" is a worn and sad one. If he wanted a break, Im sure that all the other mods of SRF would have respected and facilitated that. To go bot, anathema to every thing he has done on the forum to date, is more of a disrespect and gut punch than a simple need for personal time.

And yeah, the boys from Venus are gonna say something cause Van banned Asyamura. Asya cant be here to say something so out of respect for our comrade, we are. Dont take it too personally.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:20 am 
Forum Legend

LEAVE VANDANGO ALONE!!!!!!

The point, is in the capacity of a moderator, you make yourself a public figure and while you know no one, they all feel like they know you and take your betrayal somewhat more personally than just anyone.

The excuse of, "I needed a break from SRF" is a worn and sad one. If he wanted a break, Im sure that all the other mods of SRF would have respected and facilitated that. To go bot, anathema to every thing he has done on the forum to date, is more of a disrespect and gut punch than a simple need for personal time.

And yeah, the boys from Venus are gonna say something cause Van banned Asyamura. Asya cant be here to say something so out of respect for our comrade, we are. Dont take it too personally.

tl;dr version:

Van bots.

Anyway, why did Asya get banned ?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:21 am 
Retired Admin

Venus has had a thing out on Dango for some time, reason why? Shit i dono.

@ Belg.

Like you and Others here, including Dango until yesterday he was legit. Thus, everything he said, when he dissed all those that botted, and admitted to it was not him being a Hypocrite, but him being a Legit player pissed off at a community, which makes his (then) legit game time a hassle instead of an Enjoyment. However, you are right. Frustration is no excuse to bot, but he did it anyway, he caved in he is human, you can only ask for so much from a person, and since im guessing you doing speak to him on MSN on a daily basis, you dont fully comprehend his side of the story, in the eyes of Users who only knew Dango as a Green Name, then yeah it will look like he just said "O **** it", but no its been a long time of him complaining, and spiraling down. He just couldn't take it anymore, that something he enjoyed so much was becoming a complication just to play. So he had a moment of weakness, but at least he was man enough to straight away confront himself and tell us. Unlike, as Syl said. Some people here who hid behind their ego not wanting to confess their true sins. Now, in no way do i approve of him botting, and can tell you that i am disappointed in the guy, but he made his choice, he knew the consequences and he accepted them.

@AkillerNXC
This wont be locked for now, so don't worry about it. The other one was just scraping at the bottom of the Human dignity barrel, so it was a pathetic excuse of a Thread that deserved no way to be left open.
O, and on the contrary my friend, because he WAS a mod he does deserve a little respect, he did a lot for the forums, he was always active behind the scenes and on the front lines. Remember, we aren't the Game, we are the Fan site, and we can respect people on two levels. What they do in game, and what they do here. Personally, i respect a lot of people who have been banned from here, but like Dango they knew the consequences we set before them and they have to live with it. If i found them to be remade, i would still ban them. However, i wont deny that they did contribute to the forums, and there are certain Legit current users, who i would gladly swap for one of the banned users. Not for in-game achievements or anything, but just for the person they are and what they brought to the Forums.

So yeah, i would ask you to truly give some thought before you post.

nightbloom wrote:
blahblahblah....
The excuse of, "I needed a break from SRF" is a worn and sad one. If he wanted a break, Im sure that all the other mods of SRF would have respected and facilitated that. To go bot, anathema to every thing he has done on the forum to date, is more of a disrespect and gut punch than a simple need for personal time......blahblahblah

Him wanting a break was not the reason he Caved in, so that statement becomes null and void.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:22 am 

nightbloom wrote:

You know why noone notices joe456?

Because noone starts a topic "LOLOLOLOLOL"
<<banned from SRF for bot admission. -SG>> In joe456's Sig.

Thanks Key-J ...

Last edited by Nitro on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:23 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Crumpets wrote:

We don't have enough bandwidth to handle his virility.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:26 am 
Forum Legend

Crumpets wrote:

We don't have enough bandwidth to handle his virility.

No no, for the sake of getting me all hot and flustered please tell me one more time. I need it, it's my fix. Come on I'm jonesing for some ....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:34 am 
Loyal Member

@ Crumpets: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=88873

@Key-J: Understandable, but in my mind there is no salvation for Vandango. I will acknowledge his contributions, and to an extent, although I'm not much of a theorist in game, I can come to appreciate them. Personally, I feel as if all his hard work, the work which inevitably brought him to his knees was in somewhat in vain. It is difficult to look past the tarnished outer shell of a person whom you believed could be trusted, revered, and respected. I have certainly lost a great deal of respect for Vandango, and feel he is a weak individual. I also cannot feel sorry for botters that "come to terms with their decision and accept it."

Quote:
So he had a moment of weakness, but at least he was man enough to straight away confront himself and tell us.

Us is pretty general. I wasn't told, nor was the majority of this forum. I don't see an admission post in EB, therefore I assume it was not common knowledge.

@dom <3

guys with tough balls should do this; go to joymax office and literally beat them up. now you guys should only beat up dudes who work on big offices of joymax. you must record it and make US SEE BLEEDING JOYMAX EMPLOYEES! AINT THAT FREAKIN GREAT!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:36 am 
Forum Legend

Wtf, too easy boooo =/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:36 am 
Ex-Staff

If "Joe" was banned there would not be a "LOL" topic. If "Joe" were banned half of you wouldn't care and the ones that do care are probably other "Joes." Vandango isn't a Joe, he was a Mod, a figure head, a symbol, and he did a splendid job. It was a slow and steady devolution done a slippery slope. It all culminated today when He banned himself then MSNed SG with a picture of his bot and multi-clent. Vandango did his job well, ended it on a bad note, but ended it with dignity. YES, I said it: DIGNITY. He did not hide it, he did not lie, and he did not try to weasel himself out of the situation. For that he earns my respect but his actions in game will not be easily forgiven.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:39 am 

Barotix wrote:
If "Joe" was banned there would not be a "LOL" topic. If "Joe" were banned half of you wouldn't care and the ones that do care are probably other "Joes." Vandango isn't a Joe, he was a Mod, a figure head, a symbol, and he did a splendid job. It was a slow and steady devolution done a slippery slope. It all culminated today when He banned himself then MSNed SG with a picture of his bot and multi-clent. Vandango did his job well, ended it on a bad note, but ended it with dignity. YES, I said it: DIGNITY. He did not hide it, he did not lie, and he did not try to weasel himself out of the situation. For that he earns my respect but his actions in game will not be easily forgiven.

The reason this topic and the other were made is because of the way Vandango acted on the forums. For a long time he acted legit on the forums, whether or not he was I dont know, but to see someone go from hardcore legit to botter is a big change.

Thanks to tontor for the sig :)

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2549/newsiggytt0.png
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7610/arabsig2ja8.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:40 am 
Banned User

Key-J wrote:
Venus has had a thing out on Dango for some time, reason why? Shit i dono.

@ Belg.

Like you and Others here, including Dango until yesterday he was legit. Thus, everything he said, when he dissed all those that botted, and admitted to it was not him being a Hypocrite, but him being a Legit player pissed off at a community, which makes his (then) legit game time a hassle instead of an Enjoyment. However, you are right. Frustration is no excuse to bot, but he did it anyway, he caved in he is human, you can only ask for so much from a person, and since im guessing you doing speak to him on MSN on a daily basis, you dont fully comprehend his side of the story, in the eyes of Users who only knew Dango as a Green Name, then yeah it will look like he just said "O **** it", but no its been a long time of him complaining, and spiraling down. He just couldn't take it anymore, that something he enjoyed so much was becoming a complication just to play. So he had a moment of weakness, but at least he was man enough to straight away confront himself and tell us. Unlike, as Syl said. Some people here who hid behind their ego not wanting to confess their true sins. Now, in no way do i approve of him botting, and can tell you that i am disappointed in the guy, but he made his choice, he knew the consequences and he accepted them.

@AkillerNXC
This wont be locked for now, so don't worry about it. The other one was just scraping at the bottom of the Human dignity barrel, so it was a pathetic excuse of a Thread that deserved no way to be left open.
O, and on the contrary my friend, because he WAS a mod he does deserve a little respect, he did a lot for the forums, he was always active behind the scenes and on the front lines. Remember, we aren't the Game, we are the Fan site, and we can respect people on two levels. What they do in game, and what they do here. Personally, i respect a lot of people who have been banned from here, but like Dango they knew the consequences we set before them and they have to live with it. If i found them to be remade, i would still ban them. However, i wont deny that they did contribute to the forums, and there are certain Legit current users, who i would gladly swap for one of the banned users. Not for in-game achievements or anything, but just for the person they are and what they brought to the Forums.

So yeah, i would ask you to truly give some thought before you post.

nightbloom wrote:
blahblahblah....
The excuse of, "I needed a break from SRF" is a worn and sad one. If he wanted a break, Im sure that all the other mods of SRF would have respected and facilitated that. To go bot, anathema to every thing he has done on the forum to date, is more of a disrespect and gut punch than a simple need for personal time......blahblahblah

Him wanting a break was not the reason he Caved in, so that statement becomes null and void.

LOL. A few words come to mind but I will keep my mouth shut, maybe others see it too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:41 am 

Does this mean we get asy back? :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:42 am 

Yasakira wrote:
Barotix wrote:

The reason this topic and the other were made is because of the way Vandango acted on the forums. For a long time he acted legit on the forums, whether or not he was I dont know, but to see someone go from hardcore legit to botter is a big change.

He was on the edge for a really long time, I could dig atleast two topics of him, during his vacation in Silkroad Online Forums, with words "I'm this close to start botting"...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:43 am 
Retired Admin

MrH wrote:
LOL. A few words come to mind but I will keep my mouth shut, maybe others see it too.

Please, enlighten me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:45 am 
Frequent Member

Well key-J, there were also 3 (pretty sure, well at least 2) other mods, that got banned.

Thats just it though, the second he started botting it voided every word he said as a legit. Thats the way I look at it. If you want to get banned from the forum because of something else, I'm sure that could have been done, he didn't need to start botting to get banned from here.
Quote:
For that he earns my respect but his actions in game will not be easily forgiven.

QFT. Dango was pretty cool. ^^

If he was going to start botting, should've just quit, or find some other way, theres plenty of options. Better to quit and keep your dignity then start botting and loose it all.

@ the dude under me. Have you even read this topic yet?

Wait wait, guys I have an idea. Lets all change our server tag to Xian or Troy or Babel or one of the other 25 servers. Then they'll all be like "omgzzz stop with the xian talk jeeez" .... hate to tell ya, but half the server plays on one server, your going to hear a hell of alot about it. Nothing you can do to change it. Where did you get that this has anything to do with venus anyways?

PS: Like 4 posts under me. Thank you nitro.

Last edited by AkillerNXC on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:46 am 

Can a forum section be added that nobody from Venus can post in or at least a way we can filter every post from Venus frankly it gets old...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:48 am 
Banned User

Key-J wrote:
nightbloom wrote:
blahblahblah....

Well, you might wanna tell Vandango that, cause he said it in Nitro's screenshot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:48 am 

AkillerNXC wrote:
Well key-J, there were also 3 (pretty sure, well at least 2) other mods, that got banned.

Thats just it though, the second he started botting it voided every word he said as a legit. Thats the way I look at it. If you want to get banned from the forum because of something else, I'm sure that could have been done, he didn't need to start botting to get banned from here.
Quote:
For that he earns my respect but his actions in game will not be easily forgiven.

QFT. Dango was pretty cool. ^^

He likes Silkroad Online really much ... and the only thing that was stopping him from botting , was SRF ... As you can read in my post (^up there), he needed a break from Mod-ing, he tried it, he liked it, he wanted to make it permenantly, he started to bot.

@Chess
This has nothing to do with Venus.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:52 am 
Retired Admin

nightbloom wrote:
Key-J wrote:
nightbloom wrote:
blahblahblah....

Well, you might wanna tell Vandango that, cause he said it in Nitro's screenshot.

As i said, you only have 1 view of it, and even with Nitro's SS its still one view, Dango has been on edge about taking a break from SRF for a long time, he even was "taking ne" but came back pretty much. So, his wanting to take a break was still not his reason.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next