Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: [Banned] bye all, was fun :)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:03 am 
Banned User

Ok well no I’m not about to go well I botted so I’m off because that’s not the reason I have chosen to leave the forums. I’m leaving purely because my view on other botters if different to the majority of players here.

At first arriving on these forums I despised people who botted with a passion, all I thought of them was that they KS you, get all the good drops and didn’t care about you if you didn’t play in the same way, and to be totally honest this is true for I would say around 80% of botters (I’m excluding gold bots). BUT my view on botters has changed completely, as said in one of my earlier topics and it does seem to be a great argument here...

"Just because someone bots... does not make them a bad person." and this completely true. I’m not saying all of you may now bot because yes it is against the ToS aka Rules of the game but it doesn’t make you a bad person. Just to add, I don’t support nor attack the botters with this topic.

Now as said in my previous post there was a great situation I wanted to bring up and in some way has pushed me to make this decision, so here goes...

Your best friend you've known for years has started to bot, would you really hate your "best friend" in game over a computer game? No... And if you did or disliked him however much for this reason than you really need to find a new friend because you hate someone you’ve built a strong bond with over some Meer pixels. You know your friends a lazy guy and you try and convince him botting isn’t the answer but he says "dude it’s just a game, who cares if I bot really, its pixels on a screen that’s been made for fun, I chose to play the game my way because this is the way I enjoy it. I only like the jobbing system and it’s impossible to job without being close to cap these days. I’m not going to make a low level character who can do 1*s all by them self’s because its stupid. Also I like the pvp but the best pvp is close to cap, just look at all the other 90s here it’s awesome to see whose better, that’s why I chose to bot and that’s how I have fun in the game, besides it’s just a game right dude? Too many people take this game far too seriously and bond it too themselves its little pixel characters on a nice looking game"

*yes this is what my best friend in real life said it’s not 100% correct but its close, I’ve known him for nearly 9 years now and I don’t hate him any more or less because of his actions to start botting, and I’m not going to risk ending a friendship over some pixels*

Now I’ve been on Poseidon for 4 months now and I’ll tell you what, I tried to leave I went to the most legit server "Venus" and to tell you what it was just not for me. Venus has done a great job getting rid of the bots and that’s why it’s such a good server for legits that hate bots.. but for myself, I didn’t stay and it was for two reasons:

1. I had IC3M4N at nearly 70 and most of you know how long and hard it is to level a Chinese char like that and I didn’t want to give him up so easy, I even invested silk into the char and that’s another reason why I couldn’t leave, it would be like throwing something away that still has a good use.

2. The people of Poseidon are great, the old fortress Suprnova was hated with a passion on that server and I didn’t know why but I kinder just went with the flow. Every 2 weeks I would think "yes today’s the day we take the fort from Suprnoobs!" but that changed instantly last week. I woke up one morning to find we had joined the Surpnova union and at first I was like "WHAT?!" I was soon explained that one of the reasons for leaving our union was because the biggest and most known for scamming guild "rApe_N_rUn" aka "skAm_N_rUn" had joined our old union. So I simply gritted my teeth and got on with it, I started speaking to some of the union members and I was amazed, I mean how nice some of these people where really shocked me. My biggest surprise was there leader Khal_El. he’s the leader of Suprnova and the Union and I thought he was the biggest jerk from what I had been told. I believe he is of a Turkish race himself but wow! Really this guy shines for any example when you want to use him for an example of a nice Turk. And this could go for allot of the suprnova members. They where helpful sure there English wasn’t 100% but we have joked and had some good times with them so far. We lost the fort with them yesterday but they didn’t global hate and they reacted in a way I myself wasn’t expecting. They had hold the fort ever since I arrived on the server sure they where sad and disappointed but there responses seemed to be "oh well we lost for a change, we tried hard but was outnumbered and loss, we can now try attacking the fort for a change will get it back".

My view on botters has changed over the recent months and for that reason I feel I should take my leave. This forum hates botters and maybe its because of the way 80% of them chose to act in game. I’m almost sure that 99% people in this forum (And for arguments sake I’m going to exclude Venus players from this) know a botter and feels the same way "sure he bots and I don’t like the way he chooses to play, but he’s a nice guy and that’s more important". I’m going to be making a new account and I will be in the OT section and will occasionally browse here and perhaps help people in the class and skills area. I would like to thank all Mods for their great work of the forum, I’ve done something similar myself before and I know how hard work it is. Also I would like to thank all the people here who replied to my posts and topics relevantly and constructively. Well time to go was fun all I shall see you in game perhaps if you visit Poseidon.

*Just too add ill be taking my leave at the end of the day, I want to see peoples reposnces to what i have said, please keep them flame free and make them constructive to what i have said and on topic. Also to add the write up is not in support nor against botters, this is my view I dont think i'm breaking an rules here. I have a job interview too get to now :)*

*Finally i would like to say, no this is not a desicion made due to conflicts of a recent event with other players on here, this was made for the above write up and has not been made by the slightest due to that conflict, bye again xD*

Post subject: Re: im off, bye all, was fun :)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:09 am 

Well i am in a legit only guild for one reason, the people actually respond when you talk to them

i dont hate botters, but i respect handgrinders more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:16 am 
Banned User

Phix wrote:
Well i am in a legit only guild for one reason, the people actually respond when you talk to them

I Ignore alot of people in game on purpose, purely becuase 99% percent of the time there looking to be given something or are just purely annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:22 am 

I was in the same situation as you couple years ago. My best friend in Rl started botting, i disagreed with his decision, but ruining a friendship over a stupid game was not worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:28 am 

NO YOU..
NO YOU BOT I DONT! Fack mather you suck u bad guy u no my friend anymore.! bye.

lul
k
sersly

goodbye and have fun in w/e you do =]
I hate botters. and thats about it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:28 am 
Frequent Member

IC3 wrote:
Phix wrote:

I Ignore alot of people in game on purpose, purely becuase 99% percent of the time there looking to be given something or are just purely annoying.

+1

I hate it when people spam me exchange or "plwl plysss".
Gets really annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:29 am 
Addicted Member

Later Ice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:45 am 

I liked your posts Ice ....
Cya later :)

Enjoy ...

P.S. I share similiary opinion with you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:00 pm 

Good luck to you and your friend IC3, I think you're right to choose friendship above a community. I hope that your friend will stop botting and you will both rejoin this community. I think that if my best friend ingame started botting I would propose him to leave SRO and start another game and be happy there^^
<3

Last edited by Taelys on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:29 pm 

thanks man for your time on the forums.
good luck in life and see you around.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:58 pm 
Banned User

How Long did u typed this crap ? lol

OT: bb cya in next life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:06 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thread cleaned.

Guys, say goodbye and leave it at that.

Ban issued, another decision whether to warn or ban is being discussed by moderators, and i'm watching the thread closely. Not only is bot support a bannable offense, but so is being a constant problem. So please, if you've been warned for anything recently: watch your mouth and don't cause trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:09 pm 
Common Member

Location: Quit because of:cheats, bots, scammers, hackers, fools + Joymax over priced game and lack of action
bb IC3

[To put fear in the hearts and minds of abusers that all ill earned gains will be taken from them
a dream ? iSRO~joymax rise up and make it REAL]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:47 pm 
Banned User

dom wrote:
Thread cleaned.

Ban issued, another decision whether to warn or ban is being discussed by moderators, and i'm watching the thread closely. Not only is bot support a bannable offense, but so is being a constant problem. So please, if you've been warned for anything recently: watch your mouth and don't cause trouble.

Im sad to hear such matters would of happened when im saying goodbye, well time to go :) bye

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:53 pm 
Banned User

NOOOOO IC3 DON't GOOOOOOOOOOO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:54 pm 
Loyal Member

dom wrote:
Thread cleaned.

dang i was gonna finish reading this later, i come back and 30+ posts gone :?
anyways, c ya ice :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:55 pm 
Banned User

oh ya my level 80 got banned because i botted with no silk on it. i quit sro about a month ago and with school coming up i don't have much time for these forums. mousetrap is a pimp. latar mens

nice post ice

sleepy

<< banned -dom >>

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:01 pm 
Veteran Member

pz ice =], it was nice having you here

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:05 pm 
Banned User

I'm 100% sure I reply on this topic, guess one of the mods didn't like my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:14 pm 

I always feel sad when someone leaves the community.
Good luck to you, I hope you will rejoin the community sooner or later... It was a very nice post bcse you exposed your reasons, without that you could have stayed on this forum without anyone noticing. But you choosed for your friend and you choosed for honesty. I wished I was your friend.
Good luck to you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:33 pm 
Banned User

kthnxbai wrote:
NO YOU..

lul
k
sersly

Shut the f*ck up, it takes more balls than you'll ever have to admit that your botting.
You mylord have the wrong sight at botters, there are three kinds of botters 1) We have the gold bots and town spammers, those who are always ksing you and filling up the servers and spamming your town, their purpose is to make life miserable, the worst bots imho. 2) We have the "Private" bots, those who only take 1 spot of the server and bots because he is too lazy to handgrind or ain't got enough time, imho these are the "best" bots, those who never bother you, and most of them are pretty cool. 3) Multiclienting-Powerlvling-Private-Botters, people who uses over 3 server spots just to powerlvl his own chars, just for his own ego, to get more 90 chars than he already has, these are the second worst bots imho.

IC3 here is the second kind of bot, the "Private" botter, one of those who never bother you.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:39 pm 
Frequent Member

Spader wrote:
kthnxbai wrote:
NO YOU..

lul
k
sersly

Shut the f*ck up, it takes more balls than you'll ever have to admit that your botting.
You mylord have the wrong sight at botters, there are three kinds of botters 1) We have the gold bots and town spammers, those who are always ksing you and filling up the servers and spamming your town, their purpose is to make life miserable, the worst bots imho. 2) We have the "Private" bots, those who only take 1 spot of the server and bots because he is too lazy to handgrind or ain't got enough time, imho these are the "best" bots, those who never bother you, and most of them are pretty cool. 3) Multiclienting-Powerlvling-Private-Botters, people who uses over 3 server spots just to powerlvl his own chars, just for his own ego, to get more 90 chars than he already has, these are the second worst bots imho.

IC3 here is the second kind of bot, the "Private" botter, one of those who never bother you.

Are you brain dead or something have you seen the exposed bot section most of your "cool bots" multi client 10+ bots gold boting and sun farming your just a retard with no clue.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm 
Banned User

Axeoo7 wrote:
Are you brain dead or something have you seen the exposed bot section most of your "cool bots" multi client 10+ bots gold boting and sun farming your just a retard with no clue.

Did you even read it? If they're multiclienting I said they were "Multiclienting-Powerlvling-Private-Botters", never said those were cool. Pay attention before you accuse, insult or say anything.

And no, I do not study the exposed bots section, Im not a paranoid freak who hates bots so much that he has to know every botters name, instead I have a life.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:46 pm 
Ex-Staff

User: Spader
Case: Bot Support
Warning Pending

Thank you for the report.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:49 pm 
Frequent Member

Spader wrote:
2) We have the "Private" bots, those who only take 1 spot of the server and bots because he is too lazy to handgrind or ain't got enough time, imho these are the "best" bots, those who never bother you, and most of them are pretty cool.

Every bot is a problem, any server spot a bot takes is wrong and not Farking cool. And theres probably 1/1000 bots who only bot 1 char.

Take your pro bot bulshit and go to another forum

You have no life trying to argue on a forum that bots are cool people who dont bother people.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:55 pm 
Banned User

Barotix wrote:
Warning Pending

Oh so now if your defending the botters you are a botter? I'm not gonna stand down cause you all hate bots, I don't. I smell fascism.

Quote:
Every bot is a problem, any server spot a bot takes is wrong and not Farking cool. And theres probably 1/1000 bots who only bot 1 char.

Take your pro bot bulshit and go to another forum

You have no life trying to argue on a forum that bots are cool people who dont bother people.

I was comparing the bots, and imho those are the best bots.
Atleast Im not ignorant, fine if you wanna live in your fairytale world with ignorance, fine with me, keep on your hate against the bots. Feel the hate growing inside you, feel the hate, use the hate, become the hate.

Last edited by Spader on Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:57 pm 
Banned User

bu bye. it takes alot of balls to stand up and admit ur scum.

Quote:

IC3 here is the second kind of bot, the "Private" botter, one of those who never bother you

your right. there are 2 types of morons. 1) We have the moron forum spammers, those who are always spamming forums and filling up the forums and spamming your forum, their purpose is to make forums miserable. funny thing is, they dont even know there morons. 2) private morons. they know they are morons and they keep to themself and dont bother anything with there moronic views.

Too bad your the 1st kind. too stupid to see the consequence of ur actions and instead focus on promoting some politicly correct view of lala land where everything is bright and happy.

in the end, even a serial killer has someone out there that thinks he is "da bomb". Even a rapist has a mother that loves him.

You dont say "awww you poor thing. You had to rape because your too ugly to get a girlfriend".

you lock the scum in jail and throw away the key.

and why is this glorified bot story still here? yeah!!! lets show the soft cuddly human side of botting. Everyone deserves "respect".

No wonder OJ is writing a damn book on how he killed his wife. This thread is full of people that will go pay to read it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:03 pm 
Ex-Staff

Spader wrote:
Barotix wrote:
Warning Pending

Oh so now if your defending the botters you are a botter? I'm not gonna stand down cause you all hate bots, I don't. I smell fascism.

1]I never accused you of botting.
2]By defending the actions of botters you support those actions.
3]It is against SRF's rules to support botting.
4]Therefore in accordance with the rules a warning will be issued within 48 hours.
5]Not fascism.
<Screw 6>

Last edited by Barotix on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:08 pm 
Banned User

Spader wrote:
kthnxbai wrote:
NO YOU..

lul
k
sersly

Actually this guy nailed it.

This was my main reason to leaving actually, i wanted to see and show how people have mixed views on bots in this forum as was proven in this post. If someone bots it doesnt make them a bad person and the evil of the planet. They chose to play the game this way because its the way they "have fun". Yes there not at there keyboards 100% of the time instead they just enjoy pvp and jobbing and there are NO mmos that offer that kind of fun or graphics or even gameplay. Ive met kinda botters in game than i have some legits and this backs up my point. Just becuase you bot doesnt mean your a bad person. I hand grinded myself to 65 and never wanted to touch a bot. I than rearlised that i couldnt keep this up and i needed to do things in real life so.. I brought a bot. I got that job i went for yesterday and i plan to carry on botting while i work. Why you ask whats the point will be asked under the amount of flames. Easy... I Want to be the same level as many of my friends so i can enjoy to pvp them and job with them. Im going with a flame fest i know but hey. Im not a bad person its the way ive chosen to play the game. Cheating or not its how i "Wnjoy" the game.

Also i want to add something about this forum. THIS forum is a very good example of immature and annoying people in game. Take the incodent with YoMama and DOOM_BOT_III they even took it as far as PMing me insults in game which ive found very pathetic and childish. This has been clear in so many posts, by i would say 60% of this forums members. On my post above i expressed my thanks to those who had wrote constructivley and according to the topic that goes to the 40% of this forums members. go ahead shout your GTFO and Bot noob and what not, Really it changes nothing. And about how the war on the bots.. you will NEVER kill every bot and it will never happen, its a war that will never end and is only being won on one server and thats Venus. This forum does nothing but offer a place for legits to talk, which makes me laugh, ive had confessions from nearly EVERY posedion player that they bot and yes EVERYONE. There is only one person who doesnt bot here from Poseidon and thats Infect, he is totaly legit and i applaud him for it. If they wish too hide like i had chose to thats there choice. And for all you saying show my screenshots and all that i dont have any becuase when i was told im not childish to go "omg im going to expose you" that is like saying im a teachers pet and im telling. Im off all i wanted to have my first leave and than go with something that ive been holding back.

IC3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:14 pm 
Banned User

I did write a long reply to you Fly. But cause' of my warning I chose not to show it, cause' I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a ban for it.

Why is it against SRF's rules to support botting, fine I shall say it, I support the Private bots that do not multiclient, it's their decsision to bot if they want to. You'r rules should be saying "We may not agree with what you think or say, but with our lives we would defend your right to say it." I would.

Thank you IC3 :love:

Last edited by Spader on Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next