Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: An Interesting Discussion.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:00 pm 
Ex-Staff

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
oh yea because that 10% phy/mage absorbtion are worth nothing right?

They're worth something but it still isn't cheating. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:06 pm 
Forum God

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
with the logic you guys are using all silk buys should be banned as well. premium+ is the biggest cheat in the game. faster lvling, garreenteed log in first try, increased defence, increased damage, higher chance for alchemy(making you stronger), str and int buffs.

i dont see how you guys can say that doesnt hurt the game just like botting does. someone with a prem+ 1v1 someone without, person with prem+ will win everytime because chances are he has +7 or +9 and all the buffs make him stronger. premium allows acces to the game at anytime, but there is only so many slots on the server. what do you think happens when the server is full and a premium user wants to log on? someone who does not have prem will get dc/ed.

thats 2 examples of how silk hurts the game. how is that not cheating? tell me.

Although it's an advantage, buy silk doesnt disturb other ppl.

But bot...
Quote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
what is the main reason ppl say bots effect the game of everyone?
1)buying gold
2)ksing

3)disrespect (A sosun bot shouts: "HAHAHA, noob, i own u!"). If the bot dont level quick and buy gold, u think that he dares to say that?
4)destroy economic
5)spamming in town 24/24 (not all but most spammers advertise for his gold company)
6)hunt sosuns that normally it should belong to one who really play the game
7)traffic (most use multiclient to plvl his 2nd char)
8 )camping at euro Ongs to plvl his noobs to hunt honor pt. The spot should belong to one who really play and not for a AI program.
9)players (legit) quit the game
10)legits turn themself to botter coz the game is totally farked up
etc...

Silk is a part of the game, it's like one who have full blue gear pvp with one who has npc gear. The one with npc gear lost and claim that other cheat. That's not true and really stupid. The one who has full gear worked hard and spent effort to build his character. So he deserved the victory he got.

Same with the silk case. This is a free game. The income of JM are from the silk buyers. So they are the main contributor that keep this game stable and alive. They also pay for the ppl who contribute nothing but only know whining. They save the game, therefore they deserve to have a slot to play with PT (login 1st try). While bots, what did they contribute? Nothing, apart destroying the game (yes, u are going to say bots buy silk too, but buy silk + destroy = 0, or even a negative result). As for the non silk buyers, not only they dont thank the silk buyers, but call them cheat!

Big lol

That's make my day, there will be more stupid and immoral arguments will come... :D :love:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:10 pm 
Ex-Staff

Next he's going to retort with: "What if Joymax made a bot?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:13 pm 
Loyal Member

nah, i buy silk. but the only things ive ever bought was white wolf, penguin, crow, arrows, 2rabbits, a clock, and globals. NO PREMIUM!

premium is cheating end of story.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:15 pm 
Ex-Staff

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
nah, i buy silk. but the only things ive ever bought was white wolf, penguin, crow, arrows, 2rabbits, a clock, and globals. NO PREMIUM!

No, it isn't.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:23 pm 

lol well it hardly makes you godly lol. Point is it only has a net plus on the game. The only negative is in your head. Where as botting only has a net negative on the game. The only plus is in your head ^_-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:30 pm 
Loyal Member

negative of premium on other players= when server is full, someone gets dc/ed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:42 pm 
Forum God

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

U contributed. U deserve a reward. The point is, u misunderstood the definition of "cheating" that's all.
advantage =/= cheat
cheat always has a bad connotation by breaking rule

About someone who us unlucky got DC, as said, u deserve to have your slot; so if u want to blame, blame the gold bots and multiclient users.

See? All the bad things are origined from the bots again, not the silk buyer, blame them. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:52 pm 
Ex-Staff

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

AFAIK the server goes over capacity.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:04 pm 
Banned User

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

Now im going to use even more primitive logic just to see if your clouded and deluded little brain can contemplate the idea, ok?

A simple definition of cheating is as follows:

"Cheating is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating implies the breaking of rules."

There, do you understand now?

Bots are cheating because they break a rule. They break the joymax TOS which is in essence the constitution for this game.

Buying a premium is not cheating though. It isn't breaking a rule, in fact joymax wants you to buy silk. By buying silk you give joymax money which makes them smile. It doesn't break any rules and therefor its not cheating. See?

Now until the day joymax says "hey bots, we have declared that botting is legal to do on our game we wont ban bots anymore" you can not justify botting and your place on this website shouldn't exist. Joymax made it very clear what is right and wrong. By botting you have cheated and frankly any levels you have earned are worthless in my eyes. You are the single downfall to this game and you don't have any respect in my eyes as a player of sro.

Plain, Simple, Logical, Correct.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:43 pm 

Why is Priam the only right person in this thread :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:42 am 
Loyal Member

tedtwilliger wrote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

Now im going to use even more primitive logic just to see if your clouded and deluded little brain can contemplate the idea, ok?

"Cheating is an act of lying, deception, fraud, trickery, imposture, or imposition. Cheating implies the breaking of rules."

Bots are cheating because they break a rule. They break the joymax TOS which is in essence the constitution for this game.

Buying a premium is not cheating though. It isn't breaking a rule, in fact joymax wants you to buy silk. By buying silk you give joymax money which makes them smile. It doesn't break any rules and therefor its not cheating. See?

Now until the day joymax says "hey bots, we have declared that botting is legal to do on our game we wont ban bots anymore" you can not justify botting and your place on this website shouldn't exist. Joymax made it very clear what is right and wrong. By botting you have cheated and frankly any levels you have earned are worthless in my eyes. You are the single downfall to this game and you don't have any respect in my eyes as a player of sro.

i dont bot. never have.

if you want to ban bots go ahead. but i think the exposed botter section is being overly abused, more bots are exposing other bots/or themselves then legits turning in bots.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=96539

yes both of them bot, anyone who plays posiden knows this. but they also know that 6th sense is a botter guild, in a botting union. and whos the leader of 6th sense? future... the person who exposed isys_bitch. i hate it when ppl "expose a botter" because of personal ingame vendettas.

gahhh... i have to do something ill finish/edit this post later

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:52 am 
Banned User

Frankly i couldn't care who exposes the bots as long as the bots get banned. Whether or someone like Azilius exposes the bots or some random closet botter with an attitude does, it really doesn't bother at all. As long as each and every bot is banned from srf thats all im concerned with.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:54 am 
Banned User

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
tedtwilliger wrote:
[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

i dont bot. never have.

if you want to ban bots go ahead. but i think the exposed botter section is being overly abused, more bots are exposing other bots/or themselves then legits turning in bots.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=96539

yes both of them bot, anyone who plays posiden knows this. but they also know that 6th sense is a botter guild, in a botting union. and whos the leader of 6th sense? future... the person who exposed isys_bitch. i hate it when ppl "expose a botter" because of personal ingame vendettas.

gahhh... i have to do something ill finish/edit this post later
Seriously, youre retarded

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:08 am 
Loyal Member

how is that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:27 am 
Addicted Member

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

This thread is such epic fail for bot apologists it makes me lol.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:34 am 
Frequent Member

Infect wrote:
I think you need to go out and get some fresh air instead of sitting in your basement handgrinding your ass off.

And thats exactly why I called you a pathetic Farking retard. Do you honestly think that because I can grind for an hour that means I live in a basement? Seriously, where on earth do you Farking 6 year old bots get your Farking information from? Who the **** tells you this?

If someone can find me proof that because someone's legit that means every single person thats legit lives in their basement, I'll delete both my chars and bot one up to 90 and buy 15bil on it. Okay?

Why is this dickwad not banned for bot support anyways, if not botting directly himself.

And to you idiots saying silk is cheating. Grow up. Seriously. Anything implemented DIRECTLY BY JOYMAX IS LEGIT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Or do I need to say it in smaller words? Dumb people. Farking dumb people.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:41 am 
Loyal Member

AkillerNXC wrote:
Infect wrote:
I think you need to go out and get some fresh air instead of sitting in your basement handgrinding your ass off.

And thats exactly why I called you a pathetic Farking retard. Do you honestly think that because I can grind for an hour that means I live in a basement? Seriously, where on earth do you Farking 6 year old bots get your Farking information from? Who the **** tells you this?

If someone can find me proof that because someone's legit that means every single person thats legit lives in their basement, I'll delete both my chars and bot one up to 90 and buy 15bil on it. Okay?

Why is this dickwad not banned for bot support anyways, if not botting directly himself.

And to you idiots saying silk is cheating. Grow up. Seriously. Anything implemented DIRECTLY BY JOYMAX IS LEGIT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? Or do I need to say it in smaller words? Dumb people. Farking dumb people.

i see premium as cheating because to me, pvping with a prem+ is like punching a blindman in the face. you win everytime. that is an unfair advantage, which i call cheating, i guess mabey its not the right word for it. but i cant think of a better one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:48 am 
Ex-Staff

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:

i see premium as cheating because to me, pvping with a prem+ is like punching a blindman in the face. you win everytime. that is an unfair advantage, which i call cheating, i guess mabey its not the right word for it. but i cant think of a better one.

You don't win everytime.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:20 am 
Banned User

Why is this thread 7 pages long?

Argonaut wrote:
No. No discussion. Been discussed before. No one really cares.

/End thread.

:x :x :x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:24 am 
Ex-Staff

Argonaut wrote:
Why is this thread 7 pages long?

Argonaut wrote:
No. No discussion. Been discussed before. No one really cares.

/End thread.

:x :x :x

Because there's no point in locking it. You lock this one and they'll make another one. They don't stop, they'll never stop. Let the threads be a testament to their stupidity and perseverance. Let this thread be an example to all bot supporters! If you try to rationalize or justify botting you will be crushed by logic. Plain and simple.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:27 am 
Ex-Staff

Spader wrote:
I did write a long reply to you Fly. But cause' of my warning I chose not to show it, cause' I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get a ban for it.

Why is it against SRF's rules to support botting, fine I shall say it, I support the Private bots that do not multiclient, it's their decsision to bot if they want to. You'r rules should be saying "We may not agree with what you think or say, but with our lives we would defend your right to say it." I would.

Thank you IC3 :love:

This is clearly bot support and if he really wanted to let out of his his own opinion on SRF about supporting ANY type of bot, our rules say its NOT allowed so before he made that comment, he knew what he was getting into.

This thread is being cleaned right now, please cease your insults, flames and name-callings. This is SRF not an animal farm.

Until then this thread is closed. (I KNOW BARO, I KNOW let me just clean it).
Feel free to PM me ANY quesions and I'll answer them as nicely as possible :love:

Milly

ImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7