Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: An Interesting Discussion.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:55 am 
Addicted Member

To bring this argument back home, you need to consider the values of the botters and of the legits. The botters constant refrain is that the legits have no life because they've sacrificed the time they've spent on this game that they should have spent...I dunno...with books and movies and "going out." Legits make an easy target because they are sacrificing time spent grinding that the bots don't to achieve the same results.

But what have the bots sacrificed? Self-respect of course. They wouldn't constantly make excuses if there wasn't an inherent acknowledgment that they're cheating and cheating is a weakness. The subconscious recognition of this character flaw provokes ever more vehement protestations and rationalizations. To the extent that the excuses become just laughable in their absurdity.

So its easy to quantify the legit's loss of time. You can calculate the investment spent grinding a character to 90, within a few hours at least. But if you're having fun, so what? Do you complain that the Lord of the Rings is 9 hours long? Hell no. It was awesome and should have been longer. So the argument against legits having no life isn't all that persuasive. Sure some people get addicted but most of us use our "leisure" time on this game...in addition to books and movies, etc. What else have they spent? Money? Well, in terms of dollars per hour of entertainment, MMO's are still a great bargain. And bots spend just as much anyway so this argument isn't very strong.

And on the botting side, it's hard to quantify the loss of self-respect. I mean its easy to read between the lines: every botter that posts in the EB with 8 long paragraphs trying to justify their actions is just shouting their own weakness of character. And deep down they know it. But its easy for them to pretend to blow it off as if they don't care. But because its not overt...because there isn't any measurement of the loss of self-respect by cheaters and their self-deceptive rationalizations shield them from any recognition of this deficit...they continue to support each other and insult people who haven't sacrificed their self-respect.

This isn't anything novel and of course it can be frustrating to some legits not to be able to compete with cheaters. But at the end of the day, refraining from cheating itself is its own reward. Knowledge of a game played honorably defies any sun-equipped botter shouting "OMG I PWND U SOOOOO HARD NOOOB!!!."

Keep up the insults and rationalizations. It gives me strength.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:48 am 
Forum Legend

This discussion was allready boring when we first had it in 1984, and tons of times after that.

Cin, do your job and lock it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:31 am 
Veteran Member

how many more topics like this are gonna b made?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:26 am 
Banned User

TOloseGT wrote:
i can't say. like it or not, i would like to have a steady income.

Yeah honey, it's called a job. You know, working for something.

See that is where those of us arguing against botting or taking the ring generally older) clash with those arguing that it is ok to bot or taking the ring is wrong (generally younger) clash. I look at getting something for nothing as having a catch, either in a physical sense or an emotional one. It disturbs me to no end that you would have thought taking the ring to give yourself a steady income, Im assuming you intended it to be a modest one, would seem justifiable and JOB never broke into your sphere of thought. lol

Work for things. You appreciate them more, trust me. SilkRoad included. Yes, it makes me sound like a teacher or a parent or whatever but it's universally said by older people for a reason. Its true.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:45 pm 
Advanced Member

nightbloom wrote:
TOloseGT wrote:
i can't say. like it or not, i would like to have a steady income.

See that is where those of us arguing against botting or taking the ring generally older) clash with those arguing that it is ok to bot or taking the ring is wrong (generally younger) clash. I look at getting something for nothing as having a catch, either in a physical sense or an emotional one. It disturbs me to no end that you would have thought taking the ring to give yourself a steady income, Im assuming you intended it to be a modest one, would seem justifiable and JOB never broke into your sphere of thought. lol

Work for things. You appreciate them more, trust me. SilkRoad included. Yes, it makes me sound like a teacher or a parent or whatever but it's universally said by older people for a reason. Its true.

I don't know, If you asked 20,000 people over the age 60 if they would want a Ferrari right now or work a year for it, what would the answer be?

I don't think the general players of a game like SRO care about the journey, just the destination. It's all about image, back to the Ferrari, lets say there are 2 cars one the looks like shit but handles the same and so on, what car would you pick?

Right, level 90 is 2 months is better then level 90 in 2 years in their eyes, no matter how much appropriation you get from the latter.

Image Image
Mad props to Verfo for the sig, ty!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:58 pm 
Banned User

AkillerNXC wrote:
Infect wrote:
AkillerNXC wrote:
Generally the one's who say "I'm not a botter, I just don't care, bots are people too" usually get banned at some point. You can find many of them in this section.

And infect. You are a Farking retard. "We don't bot, we babysit, SO WE DONT BOT!!11!" Seriously, you have the most pathetic logic I've ever seen. Over anyone on this forum, ever. EVER. Please, go commit suicide now.

You are a pathetic retard. You dont even deserve to be allowed the rights to post on threads like this. I never expressed this opinion lol. If you had spend your time reading my whole post instead of complaining, maybe you would have caught the logic. Your just one of the whining Venus idiots. I was actually trying to put the point across that "botting doesn't reflect what type of person you are" and that "i dont have an issue with botters, because they can be just as active as any legit. I have a problem with the 24/7 afkers and goldbotters because they offer no contribution whatsoever to a community." Learn to read please.

Oh don't get all offended. If you say that only 24/7 bots are bots, then you deserved to be flamed. If you think that a bots okay just because he babysits means its ok then **** off. And those are the even more shithole bots. They can't use the excuse "Oh i have a life so im botting"...because they're spending as much time as a legit would spend. The only difference is they are a lazy asshole that can't hit 1,2,3 and 4.

I love how botters always use the excuse "I HAVE A LIFE MYNS, YOU NEED TO GET OUT!!111" They need to get out of their bullshit fantasy that they think they're in and actually think some. It's not hard. Most bots spend more money on the effing game then any legit ever would. Most botters buy prem +, the bot, gold, and all kinds of shit. Probably over 50$ a month EASILY. So who's the one with no life then? >_<

I got offended because you called me a Farking Retard and told me to go commit suicide. I never said that all botters have lives, and that is the reason they bot. I think you need to go out and get some fresh air instead of sitting in your basement handgrinding your ass off.

Guild: 6thSense * HugeGamer
Server: Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:02 pm 
Frequent Member

I wonder why in any other MMORPG, there are not as many people who think botting is ok...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:05 pm 

CloudStrider wrote:
nightbloom wrote:

I don't know, If you asked 20,000 people over the age 60 if they would want a Ferrari right now or work a year for it, what would the answer be?

I don't think the general players of a game like SRO care about the journey, just the destination. It's all about image, back to the Ferrari, lets say there are 2 cars one the looks like shit but handles the same and so on, what car would you pick?

Right, level 90 is 2 months is better then level 90 in 2 years in their eyes, no matter how much appropriation you get from the latter.

Those 20,000 people over the age of 60 worked HARD for probably 50+ years of their lives. They most likely deserve to have a Ferrari more than kids deserve a level 90 character on SRO. Although, I think a lot of elderly people would still prefer to work for things rather than be handed something on a silver platter because that is how they were brought up.

A lot more people in SRO, at least in the legit community, care about the journey than you think.

The older people you talk about would probably rather work for it. They value their time and effort they put into things. To me (and I'm certainly not old) getting level 90 in 2 years is better than 90 in 2 months because in the end I'll know I earned it. It'll be much more satisfying.

But that's just my opinion. YMMV

SRO:
1x, STR Blader (Thebes)
54, STR blader (Venice)
0x, INT wizard (Venice)
19, INT spear (Venice)
34, STR rogue/bard (Venus)
0x, STR blader (Venus)
8x, INT bard/cleric (Gaia)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:25 pm 
Forum God

CloudStrider wrote:

A free Ferrari, yes. But getting one by generating the bad things (like steal smt from someone), no. U are still thinking that botting doesnt affect the environment around, and doesnt give pain to others like having a free Ferrari.

Again, another failed comparison. Grow up :S

Infect wrote:
I think you need to go out and get some fresh air instead of sitting in your basement handgrinding your ass off.

Who said that a legit is obliged to stay in the base 12/24 to grind his ass off?
We play when we are bored and got nothing to do, and when we want to play. Just like u, how much hours u play games a day, and when u play games? After dinner? After doing homework?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:57 pm 
Banned User

A few things here.
(yeah i read every single post in this thread, took a good 20 minutes )

At people trying to justify EB being removed, this is a legit forum. Plain and simple as that. A legit forum has legit members. If some aren't legit than they deserved to be banned. The appropriate section for collecting all this data is called EB. Simple.

Second of all there was a good two pages of people trying to draw a difference between "real life" and "the internet". I hold a similar opinion to that of non ego man, there isn't a difference. When i post on this forum i am not some brand new person with brand new morals. I am the same person, i am the same Dylan Beard that i will always be. Im still the same 18 year old kid, with black hair, piercings, who likes power metal, who has a strong sense of justice and tries his best to do what I've deemed as righteous. I don't suddenly become some ego filled jerk just because i am sitting in front of my laptop. I am me. tedtwilliger is me. My internet profile isn't some new version of me, it is me. My computer and the wan that is the internet is a simple communications transfer system. The internet simply transfers Dylan Beard's messages to all of you people. It doesn't transfer "George Fratypie's, serial jerkface" messages, it transfers my messages.

This is what most people here, especially the less mature members, fail to understand. The internet is not a brand new world, its not even a lateral platform. It isn't a place where you become someone else and have "another life" one thats different from "real life". It is real life. Dylan is here, he is typing, he is flicking his emo fringe so he can see while he types, he is biting his lip ring because it feels nice. He is in real life. He is typing. This is real. This is me. These are my morals based on what i have always believed as a person. Typing is simply a communication method.

CloudStrider wrote:
It's all about image, back to the Ferrari, lets say there are 2 cars one the looks like shit but handles the same and so on, what car would you pick?

You can not draw a parallel between this example and someone botting on sro. In your scenario someone has a simple choice "i have chosen to give you one of two cars. Which one would you prefer?". He has come out and said that you can have one of them, thats his choice to make. Your choice will not impact the people involved in a negative way. He is happy with you making either choice and thus you will not be ruining anyone else's experience by taking one of the two cars.

Now when someone choses to bot in sro it does effect the people playing. When Dylan logs onto sro and looks at a gathering of gold bots it affects him. Dylan the person, not the imaginary internet creation is affected. Your illegal and immoral actions have caused grief to another person and that is not justified in anyway at all. There simply isn't any sort of justification for it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:56 pm 
Loyal Member

what is the main reason ppl say bots effect the game of everyone?
1)buying gold
2)ksing

i can tell you right now i ks every single person i see, idc if they are lower lvl then me and they have been working on a giant for 20minutes. if im say hunting and theres a giant at hyngnyo ghosts or w/e, ill ks. oneshot, over. sometimes its fun to go to lower lvl mobs, find a botter (perferably one thats not afk) and ks it for a good 15minutes just to get them mad. sometimes its not a botter :twisted:

ppl who make the aurgument that they hate bots because they can ks you non-stop for days need to stop. pplz, legits ks too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:51 pm 
Forum God

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
what is the main reason ppl say bots effect the game of everyone?
1)buying gold
2)ksing

3)disrespect (A sosun bot shouts: "HAHAHA, noob, i own u!"). If the bot dont level quick and buy gold, u think that he dares to say that?
4)destroy economic
5)spamming in town 24/24 (not all but most spammers advertise for his gold company)
6)hunt sosuns that normally it should belong to one who really play the game
7)traffic (most use multiclient to plvl his 2nd char)
8)camping at euro Ongs to plvl his noobs to hunt honor pt. The spot should belong to one who really play and not for a AI program.
9)players (legit) quit the game
10)legits turn themself to botter coz the game is totally farked up
etc...

There are still a lot of things u missed and didnt see what bots cause, and i dont want to mention all of them.
Ignorant bot suppoters never understand what causes the fall down of sro. From the beginning of this thread until now, they always fail to defend and justify their action of botting. The reason simply is: they dont have justice.

Yes, legit ks too. But at least they have ears. Some of them only ks a giant or would stop when other ppl ask. And they hunt in a determined area. Unlike bot, is no determinist and will run around.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:27 pm 
Frequent Member

Worst is lvl 90 bots who you have never seen before owning you with sun gear and weps and calling you a noob for handgrinding.

fark why are these bot supporters on these forums shouldnt they be on 0x33 forums or some shit like that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:37 pm 

ok, guys, GREAT DISCUSSION. sorry i haven't posted, been busy. i just read through everything form page 1. umh, i wanna say two things.

1: if bots are free FOR everyone to use, and u won't get banned for using it if u buy silk, then why NOT buy one?

2. isn't silk an unfair advantage, same as bots? since not everyone can afford to buy silk, doesnt this mean that the guy with Premium Plus is going to do better than the guy without it?

I wanna say also, what is the difference between a bot babysitting and a person handgrinding? A bot baysitting is at the computer, and talking to people, and not messing his hands up. He can also grind longer probably. A person handgrinding is killing mobs at a FASTER rate, yes, handgrinding is faster, but can't talk with other people. Is this the only difference between babysitting? It seems that there are not many differences between babysitting and hangrinding?

PLEASE, LETS REFRAIN FROM FLAMING/INSULTS/ and attacking others. Let's keep this as a sophisticated discussion. It does not matter what one's age is, didn't Mozart write his first piece at age 5? so someone's views, whether they be 14 years old or 80 years old are ALL to be accepted, and discussed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:28 pm 
Addicted Member

Insanity wrote:
1: if bots are free FOR everyone to use, and u won't get banned for using it if u buy silk, then why NOT buy one?

It's cheating. Does that mean nothing to you?

Insanity wrote:
2. isn't silk an unfair advantage, same as bots? since not everyone can afford to buy silk, doesnt this mean that the guy with Premium Plus is going to do better than the guy without it?

It's not cheating. Does that mean nothing to you?

Insanity wrote:
I wanna say also, what is the difference between a bot babysitting and a person handgrinding?

One is cheating and one is not cheating. Can you honestly not tell the difference?

Insanity wrote:
PLEASE, LETS REFRAIN FROM FLAMING/INSULTS/ and attacking others.

I'm doing my best but your post is just about the stupidest one in this thread so far. Gratz.

Last edited by non ego man on Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:52 pm 

wtf non ego man?

Anyway, Im done with this thread. Mods, I'm ready for a LOCK or you can keep it open and keep discussing. I dont care, but there's a lot of emotions getting mixed into the discussion.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:53 pm 
Addicted Member

Insanity wrote:
wtf non ego man?

Seriously dude, you just came to a legit forum to post that the only difference between botters and legits is that legits grind faster. That's trolling under any definition.

Insanity wrote:
I wanna say also, what is the difference between a bot babysitting and a person handgrinding? A bot baysitting is at the computer, and talking to people, and not messing his hands up. He can also grind longer probably. A person handgrinding is killing mobs at a FASTER rate, yes, handgrinding is faster, but can't talk with other people. Is this the only difference between babysitting?

You simply cannot be this stupid. I refuse to believe it.

EDIT: And why do you keep saying that emotions are getting mixed up in this thread? This is the most calm discussion about bots that's ever been posted on this forum. So what if Silo tells you to grow up. Don't let that get you upset. He's not. I'm certainly not. I've just matter-of-factly told you that cheating reflect a deficit in character. I'm not upset about it. I've long ago accepted the fact that this world will be populated by such people. It's disappointing, but no longer makes me angry.

Last edited by non ego man on Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:59 pm 

notice, how i said "IS this the only difference between babysitting?"
THis is where the discussion is supposed to be struck up from. As a QUESTION to the rest. And no, i did NOT just come to a legit forum. Ive been on here for a LOT longer than I've been registered. Never felt like posting. Its been said many times, don't let yourself be led by post count or join date.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:04 pm 
Addicted Member

Insanity wrote:
notice, how i said "IS this the only difference between babysitting?"

*sigh*...and now you want to play semantic games?

The implication was obvious.

Don't be so intellectually disingenuous while thinking yourself clever.

EDIT: And when I said you "just" came to a legit forum, it wasn't meant in a temporal sense but to reflect the audacity of the behavior.

Last edited by non ego man on Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:09 pm 

this is my last post in this thread.

im not trying to prove my intelect above anyone elses. i only wanted a discussion. im not gonna sit here and argue with you. im not gonna bother to go and look up what ur saying because honestly, i don't care. ok, your smarter than me? happy? want me to say you win? or maybe that im stupid? are u happy now? u might not like my views on things, but its not a reason to insult me.

MODS. THIS IS READY FOR THREAD LOCK PLEASE.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:14 pm 
Addicted Member

Insanity wrote:
im not trying to prove my intelect above anyone elses. i only wanted a discussion. im not gonna sit here and argue with you. im not gonna bother to go and look up what ur saying because honestly, i don't care. ok, your smarter than me? happy? want me to say you win? or maybe that im stupid? are u happy now? u might not like my views on things, but its not a reason to insult me.

LOL...this is how it always ends with you guys isn't it? The shrill defensiveness blaming me for providing logical counters to your arguments. Yes, well. Hopefully before some other bot-apologist starts a stupid thread rationalizing cheating, they'll skim through this one and say to themselves: "well, I don't wanna end up like that guy so I'll just keep my mouth shut." I'm not holding my breath, but at least it would give this thread some worth.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:21 pm 
Forum God

Insanity wrote:

Check the ban list and rev6 again. This prove ur wrong.

Quote:

Silk advantage, yes. But those who buy silk dont make difficulties to other players. Check the list of what causes by bots above again.

Quote:
I wanna say also, what is the difference between a bot babysitting and a person handgrinding? A bot baysitting is at the computer, and talking to people, and not messing his hands up. He can also grind longer probably. A person handgrinding is killing mobs at a FASTER rate, yes, handgrinding is faster, but can't talk with other people. Is this the only difference between babysitting? It seems that there are not many differences between babysitting and hangrinding?

In a horse racing, one uses a car to race, one uses horse to race. First, the problem is that the car break the rule. Second, there is no driver in the car, the way to go is set up automatically. So it will hurt any horse that is in its way. The owner tells: "Who care?"
lol funny story, huh?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:22 pm 
Addicted Member

Hey Silo...thread's over. They lost.

*high five*

LMAO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:26 pm 

Insanity wrote:
ok, guys, GREAT DISCUSSION. sorry i haven't posted, been busy. i just read through everything form page 1. umh, i wanna say two things.

You contradict yourself in that statement. Not that this is really important as the whole argument is a straw man at best and no I don't mean manyang. IT IS AGAINST THE TOS REGARDLESS WHETHER JOYMAX BANS OR NOT.

Insanity wrote:

In a small way yes silk buyers will do slightly better in the long run. But not that much better. Here is the important distinction though as to why it is not cheating. It is allowed under the TOS and the funds obtained are put back into running the game directly so that even non silk buyers can benefit. Well that is how it is supposed to work. As joymax is just fleecing all silk buyers in return for below sub par service non silk buyers recieve only slight benefit if any and that would be SRO on life support.

Insanity wrote:
I wanna say also, what is the difference between a bot babysitting and a person handgrinding? A bot baysitting is at the computer, and talking to people, and not messing his hands up.

You know there is this lill ole invention from the early 90's called IRC does all the same things but no bot required. Again a straw man argument. Even the most flippant of answers from me will blow your argument away. And that snyde answer is that IT IS AGAINS THE TOS AND HAS A NEGATIVE IMPACT ON ALL PLAYERS SILK BUYERS OR NOT.

The difference between a legit and a babysitter is a legit does it because they have the time and enjoy it. The babysitter does it because they are an immature addict with no or mallieable morals if any. And yes it reflects your personality in real life.

Insanity wrote:
PLEASE, LETS REFRAIN FROM FLAMING/INSULTS/ and attacking others.

Calm troll is calm. But still a troll.

Insanity wrote:
Let's keep this as a sophisticated discussion.

How can we keep is sophisticated when one side provides nothing but fallacies, red herrings, straw men, and laughably inadequate rationalizations for clearly incorrect behavior. This is a simple issue and there is no room or capability for a sophisticated argument against following the rules.

Insanity wrote:
It does not matter what one's age is, didn't Mozart write his first piece at age 5? so someone's views, whether they be 14 years old or 80 years old are ALL to be accepted, and discussed.

I accepted your views long enough to read them. Then I loled for a good while. Then I replied with minimal thought and effort. But yet I still feel it was a waste of thought and effort. You and all the others like you will simply ignore all the rational well reasoned and apt arguments against botting simply because to acknowledge them would tarnish your personal self image that you have worked so hard to rationalize in order to quiet what little concience you have left. You are right however. Even an 80 year old could make such uninformed and unenlightened arguments as all the bot simps and defenders have here. Would still be wrong though lol.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:34 pm 

Insanity wrote:

There have been some terse responses to blatantly bonehaded arguments but nothing approaching real ad hominem attacks slurs or massive trolling per say. The mods simply put are not your servants to halt a discussion when it is clear you are losing. Leave thread open mods. It has been immensely entertaining and highly enlightening as to the depths of just how far people will delude themselves to believe they can do no wrong. Perhaps some more reasonable rule breakers could read what their compatriots have written here and be able to come to an epiphany to mend their ways.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:39 pm 
Forum Legend

nightbloom wrote:

i should've been more clear. by steady income, i actually meant a job income. i like working for my money. but wit the ring, it's just a plus. if i see a bank, why not steal some money. i can't ever be discovered and when in the news they talk about a bank robbery, i'll chuckle at it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:56 pm 
Forum God

Insanity wrote:

Nope, just let it opens to draw out more closet bot supporters. So far i've made a list of these ppl. If not, or they are ignorant, retard, immature, selfish, stubborn. In either case, they got a bad status.
U know who im talking about, there is no need to mention, right? So be brave and just admit yourself for cheating. I wont hurt at all.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:33 pm 
Loyal Member

with the logic you guys are using all silk buys should be banned as well. premium+ is the biggest cheat in the game. faster lvling, garreenteed log in first try, increased defence, increased damage, higher chance for alchemy(making you stronger), str and int buffs.

i dont see how you guys can say that doesnt hurt the game just like botting does. someone with a prem+ 1v1 someone without, person with prem+ will win everytime because chances are he has +7 or +9 and all the buffs make him stronger. premium allows acces to the game at anytime, but there is only so many slots on the server. what do you think happens when the server is full and a premium user wants to log on? someone who does not have prem will get dc/ed.

thats 2 examples of how silk hurts the game. how is that not cheating? tell me.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:52 pm 

[TS]=Hark=[TS] wrote:
with the logic you guys are using all silk buys should be banned as well. premium+ is the biggest cheat in the game. faster lvling, garreenteed log in first try, increased defence, increased damage, higher chance for alchemy(making you stronger), str and int buffs.

i dont see how you guys can say that doesnt hurt the game just like botting does. someone with a prem+ 1v1 someone without, person with prem+ will win everytime because chances are he has +7 or +9 and all the buffs make him stronger. premium allows acces to the game at anytime, but there is only so many slots on the server. what do you think happens when the server is full and a premium user wants to log on? someone who does not have prem will get dc/ed.

thats 2 examples of how silk hurts the game. how is that not cheating? tell me.

If you want to participate please learn to read first, K thx bai.
ping_lo wrote:
Insanity wrote:

In a small way yes silk buyers will do slightly better in the long run. But not that much better. Here is the important distinction though as to why it is not cheating. It is allowed under the TOS and the funds obtained are put back into running the game directly so that even non silk buyers can benefit. Well that is how it is supposed to work. As joymax is just fleecing all silk buyers in return for below sub par service non silk buyers recieve only slight benefit if any and that would be SRO on life support.

Silk is not against the TOS and it is silk buyers that keep the game open so simps like you perhaps can whine about them keeping it open for you. If you really think a premium is that great you should try it. Especially at cap it is not that snazzy as the main worth while benefits are the EXP boost.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:56 pm 
Loyal Member

oh yea because that 10% phy/mage absorbtion are worth nothing right?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next