Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Destiny
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:57 am 
Common Member

anyone playing it ?
im on ps4 : ResignInTears

Post subject: Re: Destiny
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:01 pm 

RoOF wrote:
anyone playing it ?
im on ps4 : ResignInTears

No PC, no play.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:54 pm 
Ex-Staff

Not really feeling like playing it solo on my 360. I'll wait till I get a xbox one or when it releases on pc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:53 pm 
Elite Member

Bought my Xbox One brand new and got a copy of Destiny for free.

It's pretty amazing so far and it's going to be hard to split my time between Destiny and the Halo Master Chief Collection when that comes out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:49 pm 
Elite Member

Hows the coopness on this? I hear a bunch of stuff about people able to be in your game. Are you able to play single player or with 1 other friend without random people in your game?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:47 am 
Dom's Slut

Destiny is supposed to be released on like Jan 27th or something for pc my brethren.

Edit:
Nope I lied, got that mixed up with the GTA V release for PC ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:55 pm 
Common Member

DarkJackal wrote:
Hows the coopness on this? I hear a bunch of stuff about people able to be in your game. Are you able to play single player or with 1 other friend without random people in your game?

lets say it like this , you can get up to 3 people only to co op with you trough the dungeons , but normal
areas like a grinding zone can be accesed by 100 people or somthing i think , but the problem atm is you can only have a party of 3 i think the game is realy well made , but lacks some things

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:57 pm 
Elite Member

RoOF wrote:
DarkJackal wrote:

lets say it like this , you can get up to 3 people only to co op with you trough the dungeons , but normal
areas like a grinding zone can be accesed by 100 people or somthing i think , but the problem atm is you can only have a party of 3 i think the game is realy well made , but lacks some things

I know towns are kinda like hubs with lots of players, are grinding areas just maps with enemies and players? Are there reasons to go there besides grinding? Can you join friends in these areas as well?

Basically i'm just wondering if I can play through with 1 other person start to finish and not only in missions? And having to deal with random people around in those parts I guess?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:51 pm 
Elite Member

DarkJackal wrote:
RoOF wrote:
DarkJackal wrote:

I know towns are kinda like hubs with lots of players, are grinding areas just maps with enemies and players? Are there reasons to go there besides grinding? Can you join friends in these areas as well?

Basically i'm just wondering if I can play through with 1 other person start to finish and not only in missions? And having to deal with random people around in those parts I guess?

It's essentially an MMO. I think there's always people around. Seems like it. Usually when you're on a planet in Patrol mode, which is essentially run around the planet and do little side missions for bounties, though it's an odd 1-3 people from time to time. I think during Strikes it might just be your group. I can't seem to recall for sure though.

It seems pretty rare that you come across other groups, but it does happen. Haven't had any issues with that though.

There's a soft cap of 20 which you get through the Story and through Patrol missions and Bounty XP. At 20 you start earning more levels through gear, up to 30. Anything you do up to 20 goes towards your XP. PVP or PVE(whether Patrols, Bounties, Strikes, etc.). After 20 it goes towards Reputation for factions and vendors to earn the gear to level up more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:08 pm 
Veteran Member

Been having a blast on here. I wish the initial story was a bit longer, but still enjoyed it. Lots to replay for & work toward. PvP is great. Also looking forward to being of level for the Raid they just opened up.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:11 am 
Common Member

yes i can agree im having a blast also , just need abit more time to get trough the main story im only lvl 10 atm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:14 pm 
Elite Member

Story levels you pretty quick. I still haven't finished it and I've been doing a good amount of Crucible and I'm level 20.

Next part is apparently a gear grind. I'm cool with that

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:42 am 
Veteran Member

You need a lot of crucible marks for any gear you want to get from rep vendors, aside from vanguard. So start doing crucibles here and there to save yourself some grind as far as that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:32 pm 
Common Member

i love this game

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:51 am 
Veteran Member

Just so you know, at level 3 of whatever faction you build rep for (I did New Monarchy) you seem to get a legendary item. I got a Scout rifle, but no idea if its always a weapon. Every level, after from what I hear, you get another legendary. So it seems worth sticking to one group.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:37 pm 
Elite Member

Yeah it's every level after 3+

What I'm going to do is get my Legendary at 3 and then work on just Crucible and Vanguard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:20 pm 
Elite Member

Well they patched the Loot Cave in the most recent hotfix.

Quote:
The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Hot-Fix---09252 ... ?aid=12190

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:17 pm 
Ex-Staff

Read a random comment on the news saying it's a 40sec respawn instead of 6. No idea if it's true since it was a random comment, neither do I play the game but if it is just a higher respawn.. Might be a bit slower but probably still quicker than high lvl farming?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:51 pm 
Elite Member

XMoshe wrote:
Read a random comment on the news saying it's a 40sec respawn instead of 6. No idea if it's true since it was a random comment, neither do I play the game but if it is just a higher respawn.. Might be a bit slower but probably still quicker than high lvl farming?

That 40 seconds is a long time considering you were getting 6, almost 7 waves in that time before. It's noticeable.

I think with the 40 second timer it's about even as far as drop rate compared to Strikes or other methods.

The biggest issue, which Bungie is fixing in the next update, was getting a Legendary Engram only to have it drop a Blue or Green quality item. The fix will make it so Engrams won't give you an item lower than the quality of the Engram. That's huge right there as that was a main factor in people's frustration.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:13 pm 
Elite Member

Destiny is getting more fun around 10+, but I feel this game was way overhyped >.>.

Feels cheap. Maybe it's just mostly a multiplayer game? Not even an option to change volume >.> lol.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:55 pm 
Elite Member

DarkJackal wrote:
Destiny is getting more fun around 10+, but I feel this game was way overhyped >.>.

Feels cheap. Maybe it's just mostly a multiplayer game? Not even an option to change volume >.> lol.

1-20 is like an intro to the game with a little story mixed in(I'm pissed that they chose to go the Grimoire Cards route instead of telling the story another way, but that's another issue).

20+ is when the real game starts. That's when gear and stats start to really matter and leveling up requires you to do a little bit of everything to make progress. I've been running Strikes, especially the Daily and Weekly ones, completing Bounties for Vanguard, Crucible, and the Queen's Wrath event going on currently, and playing in Crucible matches with buddies. We're gearing up for the raid that was released and there's honestly still a lot for us to do at level 25. It's a little grindy, but what MMO isn't?

It's definitely a lot more fun with friends as I find myself logging off a lot quicker if my usual Fireteam isn't on. Even solo in Crucible stats are normalized so it's a relatively even playing field.

I think a lot of the hype comes from it being Bungie. I mean they had the hugely successful Halo series under their belt and Destiny had been hyped in a few of their games as easter eggs, so people knew going into it that we were looking at an all star caliber game. I think they succeeded.

I mean we're two weeks into the game and there's already a big event going on, they've opened up another area, more bounties are available, and the right hotfixes are going out. If Bungie is known for anything it's that they make and maintain a very solid game, and I'm excited for what's in store.

Also, I'm sort of a Bungie fanboy, not even ashamed

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:47 pm 
Frequent Member

Starting to get an okay amount of time under my belt with this game, I'm level 16 or 17 so my opinions will be based on pre-20 gameplay.

1-5 and to an extent all the way to around level 10 like jackal touched on a bit was honestly quite boring. Early earth missions are kill group of 3, move on and repeat until you get to kill a large group or 2. Kill the boss and mission ends there. Essentially their version of a tutorial I assume since you're immediately thrown onto earth once character select is finished.

Moon missions have been more of the same formula but with more action which helps you forget you're basically doing the same thing over and over again. From a solo mission standpoint alone, if you're looking for a challenging or story-gripping experience out of Destiny you're probably going to be disappointed.

It seems like the kind of game with a lot to offer especially for shooter standards, but doesn't excel at any single thing and doesn't do any single thing too terribly either.

I could talk about the crucible/pvp problems for days, but since I've never seen anyone talk about it like anything more than a mini-game I don't see a point. It can be fun with friends and can even be fun solo if you're willing to overlook some of the flaws and not take that aspect of the game too seriously.

Yes it's kind of grindy from what I can tell and have read, that's where the mmo element comes in. It's a solid game.. definitely not a once in a generation game so of course it can't live up to the hype that got put on it but it's impressive and can be fun in small doses no less.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:04 pm 
Casual Member

What is the game destiny about?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:21 am 
Frequent Member

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:30 pm 
Elite Member

iSinnnn wrote:

Spoiler!

Yeah it's the same theme as any Bungie game.

Big bad guys threatening humanity, a hero arises, beats up bad guys all over the solar system, goes back to Earth to be a badass.

I wish they actually told the story in game instead of the Grimoire cards. I don't care enough to go through and read them all and I'd like the dialogue and cinematics to fill me in.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:36 am 
Elite Member

.curve wrote:
I wish they actually told the story in game instead of the Grimoire cards. I don't care enough to go through and read them all and I'd like the dialogue and cinematics to fill me in.

Even using cutscenes isn't that good imo. A good game tells its story by you interacting with it. But I guess that method doesn't suit every game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:39 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I like Destiny but there are some stuff to fix. But other than that its awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:07 am 
Elite Member

Terrible game, no boobs. 1/10