Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:56 am 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 9947
Location: västkustskt
Image

lol.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:28 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 5866
Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
this reminds me. Do support gems only support the linked adjacent skills, or the entire chain?

_________________
Image
Day[9] wrote:
"Tea is a lot like gold expansions - it helps you kill people."
- Day[9] Daily 337 -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:37 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
poehalcho wrote:
this reminds me. Do support gems only support the linked adjacent skills, or the entire chain?


The entire chain. Rather all the active skill gems in the chain.

And f u dom :love:

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:44 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
Played a few hours this weekend.
Definitely a fun game, and I love how casual it feels at
the beginning. I'm following a build with the one skill
that made me try out this game back when it was released;

Spectral Throw :sohappy:

Still amazed at how cool it looks to throw your weapon in
triplets :P

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 9947
Location: västkustskt
Are you playing in SC or HC?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:27 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
dom wrote:
Are you playing in SC or HC?

Starting off sc because noob :sohappy:

Want to get a bit familiar with the game again first.
Is HC league also harder, or is it just that you are not
supposed to die?

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:05 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
cin wrote:
dom wrote:
Are you playing in SC or HC?

Starting off sc because noob :sohappy:

Want to get a bit familiar with the game again first.
Is HC league also harder, or is it just that you are not
supposed to die?


You're punished hard for dying. Character gets transferred to the standard league, that is the actual Standard league and not the Harbinger Standard temporary league.

What's your IGN? Don't have you on my friends list in game.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:16 pm 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
0l3n wrote:
cin wrote:
dom wrote:
Are you playing in SC or HC?

Starting off sc because noob :sohappy:

Want to get a bit familiar with the game again first.
Is HC league also harder, or is it just that you are not
supposed to die?


You're punished hard for dying. Character gets transferred to the standard league, that is the actual Standard league and not the Harbinger Standard temporary league.

What's your IGN? Don't have you on my friends list in game.

I'm pretty sure my IGN right now is Cinisi, but I'll get
back to you on that. Will be making a Scion once I unlock it.

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:06 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 9947
Location: västkustskt
cin wrote:
I'm pretty sure my IGN right now is Cinisi, but I'll get
back to you on that. Will be making a Scion once I unlock it.


I think if we add you it adds you account wide.

Ol3n is on man mode HC Harbinger. I'm on casual mode SC Harbinger.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:43 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
Alright.
Talked to 0l3n for a bit last night, been a while since I spoke to someone from SRF in a game lol
I'm a very, very casual player nowadays so I'm not online that much. But when I am... I'll hit you guys up! :sohappy:

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
Added your IGN to the first post, hope you don't mind.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 9947
Location: västkustskt
wtffffffffffffffff

4x T1 affixes, perfectly rolled res. Thank you papa phoenix map

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:22 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
0l3n wrote:
Added your IGN to the first post, hope you don't mind.

No problem at all man. Would be fun if others would join too.
I'm lvl 33 now I think, almost done with the first acts to get Scion.
Then I'll see if I reroll, but will probably just explore the next acts a bit on this Marauder.
Really enjoying myself, and wishing I had more time to play lol :P

And @dom, those are some nice resistances :O

And guys, one quick question, is Crafting something to do after a certain level, or is it worth playing around with on low levels? I got some orbs (lowbie orbs, not the cool ones) laying around, but don't really want to waste anything..

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:48 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
The low value orbs you're free to use if you need to. So the Transmutes, Augmentations, Alterations as well as the Whetstones and Scraps are mostly free to use unless you're spamming hundreds of them of course. I'd be a bit careful with using the Alchemy, Fusing, Chromatic, Chance and Jeweller orbs. They're worth a bit more.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:38 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 9947
Location: västkustskt
I don't get why I keep finding gloves 0.o

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:33 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
Nice @dom.

Got another question;
I'm running out of stash space (filled with noob items, i know, but I want to keep some of it for when I roll another char).
Would you guys recommend getting the 6 stash tab expansion, or a quad tab, or premium tabs, or whatever?
And if so, is there any benefit in taking a $30 donator pack and getting some cool shine on a weapon? lol

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:11 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
If you need stash space then I would highly recommend getting the normal tabs but getting at least one premium tab. The premium tabs can be used for trading so having one is very useful and a major quality of life improvement.

The supporter packs are just to get some extra flair but otherwise have no additional benefit.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:48 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
0l3n wrote:
If you need stash space then I would highly recommend getting the normal tabs but getting at least one premium tab. The premium tabs can be used for trading so having one is very useful and a major quality of life improvement.

The supporter packs are just to get some extra flair but otherwise have no additional benefit.

Thanks for the tip, got the premium tabs pack.
Also got the pack with the harbringer tiger, because why not..
Support the scene, right? :sohappy:

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:10 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
cin wrote:
0l3n wrote:
If you need stash space then I would highly recommend getting the normal tabs but getting at least one premium tab. The premium tabs can be used for trading so having one is very useful and a major quality of life improvement.

The supporter packs are just to get some extra flair but otherwise have no additional benefit.

Thanks for the tip, got the premium tabs pack.
Also got the pack with the harbringer tiger, because why not..
Support the scene, right? :sohappy:


THAT TIGER LOOKS F****** AMAZING!!!!

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:25 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
Sooooo I'm finally stuck-ish at a boss for the first time.
I'm a bit too blunt a player to deal with mechanics so will have to pay attention at this one..
Still having a ton of fun, but I'm probably doing things wrong.
Like, I'm using only 3 or 4 skillgems at lvl 44.
While my guide states I need to use like 10+.

I did however make my brother play as well so I guess that's positive :sohappy:

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:52 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
Soooooo I made a scion ranger and got pretty much geared up, lvl 69 now I think.
However, I got me a Kaoms heart because it was recommended, but I had to stick a lot of points in added STR to be able to wear it.
And now I kinda feel bad because the kaom obviously doesn't have sockets and I'm wondering if I made the right choice...
Is it worth sticking random passive points in the +30 STR's, or should I have just kept on going dex and gone for a different chest?

Also, which plugin do you guys use for current prices.. All I found was the copypaste thing online.. I'm using neversink for loot filter, but haven't found a good price checker plugin..

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:17 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
Getting the +30 Strength nodes is fine as long as they're just 1 point to get. Kaom's Heart is a really good chest piece so you're fine.

The only thing I use to check prices is www.Poe.Trade

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:23 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
0l3n wrote:
Getting the +30 Strength nodes is fine as long as they're just 1 point to get. Kaom's Heart is a really good chest piece so you're fine.

The only thing I use to check prices is http://www.Poe.Trade

Alright, thanks for that. Will keep the Kaom's :)
Now just need to work on the right links on my other gear..
Bow has 4green2red linked, but I was using 6greens...
Ah well. Will see how it goes :sohappy:

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:36 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
Decided to play a "ranged" character for once this league so having fun with some mirror arrow.

Oh, and a shameless plug, I decided to start streaming on twitch again so if anyone feels like tuning in or hanging out in chat I'll be over at http://www.twitch.tv/PinkPenguinTV. Been like 3 years since I last streamed :P

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:50 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
0l3n wrote:
Decided to play a "ranged" character for once this league so having fun with some mirror arrow.

Oh, and a shameless plug, I decided to start streaming on twitch again so if anyone feels like tuning in or hanging out in chat I'll be over at http://www.twitch.tv/PinkPenguinTV. Been like 3 years since I last streamed :P

I'll see if I can find some time to watch your streams some time :)

I have a question;
Usually in games I've played where crafting was a thing, there would be some quests to introduce us to crafting. I haven't found such quests in PoE. Do they exist, or is it just a matter of finding some guide on the forums and then a ton of trial and error?

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:28 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
cin wrote:
0l3n wrote:
Decided to play a "ranged" character for once this league so having fun with some mirror arrow.

Oh, and a shameless plug, I decided to start streaming on twitch again so if anyone feels like tuning in or hanging out in chat I'll be over at http://www.twitch.tv/PinkPenguinTV. Been like 3 years since I last streamed :P

I'll see if I can find some time to watch your streams some time :)

I have a question;
Usually in games I've played where crafting was a thing, there would be some quests to introduce us to crafting. I haven't found such quests in PoE. Do they exist, or is it just a matter of finding some guide on the forums and then a ton of trial and error?


The latter, I believe there is a "help" section that probably has some good entries on crafting.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:42 am 
Regular Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 221
Location: ...
You have any personal experience with crafting @0l3n, or you usually grind, save and buy?

_________________
- cin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:33 pm 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
Oh I craft every now and then. Unfortunately my luck is beyond poor so I do it less than I would like to.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:32 am 
Elite Member
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5152
Location: Artists Corner
I just got my first death this league D:

Feels bad.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Path of Exile
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:10 am 
Forum Legend
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 6772
Location: Peacful energy.
O.o damn, really?

what's that though, you're not supposed to die?

_________________
"It's true. I am kind of retarded, but i'm also kind of amazing."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group