Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post your best Screenshots!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:07 pm 
Dom's Slut

Not best, but a screenshot nonetheless :)

DA:Inquisition
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:58 am 
Elite Member

Can't pirate yet and not paying full price = /

On the other hand I recently got diablo 3, that's been awesome !

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:00 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If it's not Skyrim, it's Fallout :P
I bought Fallout:NV during the last summer sale, but since I hadn't ever properly finished fallout 3, I haven't played it yet. A while back I started a fresh playthrough with a new character with the intention to finish the game properly this time, so I can move on to newer grounds.

Made some scenic screenshots along the way. A Shame the game basically only has orange or nightsky though =.=

Spoiler!

edit:
oh jesus, steam changed the URL standard for screenshots a little bit, so now half the old screens I posted are gone =.=. Luckily the change is minor and I can just modify thems with a search and replace, but it's still a pain D:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:18 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Just reached Anor Londo in Dark Souls :D
This place is pretty. Dark Souls architecture is a thing of beauty. Can't wait to emulate Bloodborne in 10 years :P

Spoiler!
And some fallout 4 too :P
Spoiler!

edit: wow... so many images gone in this thread D:
I deleted my xfire, so that's my own derp, though I've got most screens backed up. But I'm not the only one... what a shame :(

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:01 am 
Elite Member

Yay DS1, I need to get back to that one again. Been too busy with DS3 challenge runs though. And I've still yet to platinum Bloodborne as well.
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:40 pm 
Elite Member

You gotta love the absolute massive scale of everything in Dark Souls. I think that plays a very large part. Buildings in games need to be exaggerated to leave a lasting impression. I noticed in Fallout 4 the scale of a lot of buildings is also much bigger compared to 3. Makes the game really beautiful and looks mysterious behind a thick fog and strong god rays :D

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:58 am 
Elite Member

Found the painted world of Ariamis. A pleasant change of scenery. Not that I was sick of Anor Londo...
Spoiler!

Those toxic firespewing hollows are such a pain with a zweihander D:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:15 pm 
Elite Member

The Painted World is one of my favourite areas in the game (and the series), for the aesthetic, atmosphere and gameplay.
Are you running DSFix?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:44 pm 
Elite Member

Sanktum wrote:
The Painted World is one of my favourite areas in the game (and the series), for the aesthetic, atmosphere and gameplay.
Are you running DSFix?

Yeah, I tuned down the blurring quite a bit. Also unlocked FPS, though not even a 4690/R9 390 can save a bad port :(. Still is a pleasant improvement over the vanilla experience.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:42 pm 
Elite Member

On my old laptop the game ran at 15 fps but I could make it run at consistent 30 with DsFix without making it look garbage. I left the render resolution low but had the display at my native resolution so all the text still looked fine.

I could turn the settings up quite a bit on the current PC though and have it at 60. I did bind my L3 button to backspace on the keyboard though so I could switch 30 and 60 on the fly since some jumps and tricks are quite hard to do at 60 because the higher the fps the shorter your jump distance. Unlocked fps can also amplify other issues.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:35 pm 
Elite Member

Fallout 4:
Spoiler!

Dark Souls 1:
Spoiler!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:41 pm 
Elite Member

You didn't kill Priscilla? :x

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:29 pm 
Elite Member

Sanktum wrote:
You didn't kill Priscilla? :x

Yeah, somewhat by accident. But I decided to roll with it. Got too close to the plank and the exit cutscene triggered. I can go back if I want to anyway, but priscilla didn't really seem to drop nice goodies. And she's pretty much the only character who's not trying to kill me, so ehh. She didn't do me anything wrong :/.

besides, look at her. She's so fluffy, how could I kill her :giveup:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:05 pm 
Elite Member

The only reason I wouldn't kill her is that she is a pretty shitty fight. But I like killing all bosses in my runs so she has to die too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:30 pm 
Elite Member

So.... I somehow beat Ornstein and Smough on my first try D:
I was even streaming it on steam, but I don't think I have a VOD available :/

And I did an unspeakable thing...
I'm so sorry solaire, it was an accident Q_Q
Spoiler!
I found the goddess of boobies. I absolutely adore the use of lightning in this room. It's brilliant
Spoiler!
And now that I've got the Lordvessel I went to a bunch of places, upgraded my zweihander to +5 lightning and took some more scenic screenshots ^o^
Spoiler!
On a sidenote, does anyone else find this lady's voice extremely sexy :S? Moe~ as fuck
Spoiler!

And I also played some more Fallout 4. I freed Valentine and then proceeded with the Kellogg quest with dogmeat. Taking it nice and slow. Walking in 3rd person over the railways has a particular feel to it : )
Spoiler!

edit:
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuu apparently right Ctrl turns off the UI in Dark Souls. My screenshots all could've been so much more beautiful q.q

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:27 am 
Elite Member

What gear were you using for O&S?
At least you managed to get yourself cursed.
I find the Fair Lady's voice sexy when I don't have Old Witch's Ring on. Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:20 am 
Elite Member

Sanktum wrote:
What gear were you using for O&S?
At least you managed to get yourself cursed.
I find the Fair Lady's voice sexy when I don't have Old Witch's Ring on. Image

Same as always. Regular stone armor set and my trusty +5 normal zweihander. And yeah, that curse left me salty... I was having a pretty easy time, till I fell off at the wrong spot while trying to get to a corpse in the great hollow. Not a fun way to find out humanity offers curse resistance.

Sank, have you played DS2? There's a pretty neat vid that youtube often tries to recommend me, that you probably know already, called Happy Souls:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:06 pm 
Elite Member

I have played through DS2 several times and the DLC once. I did play the Scholar of the First Sin edition for 3 hours too and it was horrible. DS2 is the only one I don't have challenge run plans for, although permadeath should be fairly easy so maybe I should do something with it.

Yeah that vid is cool. I can't stop watching this Bloodborne themed one, I love Plague's work.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:39 pm 
Elite Member

Sanktum wrote:
I have played through DS2 several times and the DLC once. I did play the Scholar of the First Sin edition for 3 hours too and it was horrible. DS2 is the only one I don't have challenge run plans for, although permadeath should be fairly easy so maybe I should do something with it.

Yeah that vid is cool. I can't stop watching this Bloodborne themed one, I love Plague's work.

What's wrong with SotF? The altered enemy placements?

for the record: have not played DS2 yet.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Last edited by poehalcho on Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:07 pm 
Elite Member

They didn't put much effort into any of the PvE changes for Shadow of the Folossus. the chest on the ship in No Man's Wharf that has the pyro flame was moved like 2 meters and they didn't even move the chest's shadow with it, it's still in the old place.
Remember how they lighting engine was actually good in the early footage of the game and for release it was completely removed? What they did to "fix" the lighting is they just make specific areas darker as your character walks into them. If you look through the door into the room above the Cardinal Tower bonfire you can see what's going on clearly, if you walk inside the room everything turns completely dark.
They added more enemies everywhere, Heide's Tower is a ridiculous area now considering it's early game. They made Shrine of Amana different, but it's still as bad, Iron Keep is way worse with enemies everywhere. For Dragon Shrine they made it so that the dragonguys are everywhere and they don't attack if you fight the Drakekeepers (sometimes they still do though for no reason). A lot of people thought that was a good thing, but the thing is, no one wanted to fight the Drakekeepers in the first place because their mechanics were completely broken (unlimited stamina leading to really long combos they could attack at any time, randomly cancel their idle animation between attacking so there were no consistent openings). They never fixed the Drakekeepers, instead they force us to fight them.
The changes overall look like they were made just to make speedruns more annoying and RNG heavy (DS2 is already a really inconsistent game to run).
They did increase co-op possibilities though with the increased phantom limits, which is neat (although I don't do co-op or pvp), but it looks like it's only gonna be fun playing through the areas if you have all the white phantoms you can.
Did SotFS enhance my playing experience in any way? No, it made it worse, so that's what's up with that. It was just a cash grab move by Bandai Namco anyway.

DS2 regular version is a good game though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:43 am 
Elite Member

No new Screenshots this time. I might have had a few from BF4, since I quickly played through the campaign mode, but alas, neither origin nor BF4 itself had an actual built-in screenshot feature..... derp.

But since we're on the subject of Dark Souls I've found 2 more amazing vids that I just can't stop watching :giveup:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:52 pm 
Elite Member

Euro Truck Sim :D
I think the game has had a buff to it's lightning, cause it looks a lot nicer than before :yay:
Hail games with dedicated photo modes!
Spoiler!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Last edited by poehalcho on Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:47 pm 
Elite Member

That was made in Source Filmmaker with exported models.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:50 pm 
Elite Member

Sanktum wrote:
That was made in Source Filmmaker with exported models.

Yeah, I know :P. The photo mode comments was aimed at ETS2.
You can just pause the game, turn the camera however you want, even fidget with FOV/blurs/RGB colors to make it look the way you want.

The only other game I remember with similar features is Rayman 3...

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:35 pm 
Elite Member

Oh yeah, apparently I am blind. :palm:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:56 am 
Elite Member

Skyrim SE's updated lightning sure is good <3

Spoiler!

You know... when I look at this...
I think it actually looks better than Fallout visually. I guess it's cause Fallout has a lot of 'visual noise' due to its setting. All the urban stuff and junk just cost more processing power to render. Seems Skyrim with it's vast plains gets a higher level of visual quality, while Fallout looks a little bit muddled and sacrifices texture quality to for quantity. But hey, at least the NPC's don't look like ass :D

edit:
May also have something to do with the 4K textures now that I think about it...
But probably most importantly the Shadow draw distance. It seems to be F4 has exceptionally low shadow draw distance. I don't usually notice when shadows start appearing / popping in, but in F4 even I found myself a little bothered with it.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:06 pm 
Elite Member

I finished DS1. I fucked up at the last second T_T
After 127 hours, I beat Gwyn. Took two tries only.
I figured the game would end if I lit the fire, but before that I wanted to see if Frampt would have anything cool to say about my victory...
Walked out the door.
BAM.
Dark lord ending T_T
I never even met Kaathe, yet there he is narrating the scene...
I wanted to be the new Lord of Cinder :(

Me at Kiln of the First Flame
Spoiler!

Also played a bit of Shadow Warrior 2 a while back. Pretty game, shame the way its meant to be played leaves you with no time to observe the surroundings. Also a shame that the loot mechanics are so tiring :/
Xmas-Themed Wangcave:
Spoiler!

Master Smith's Giant Dildo Sword:
Spoiler!

Took some nice Night Time shots in Fallout 4:
Spoiler!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm 
Elite Member

Nice. And judging by your character you didn't parry Gwyn to death either.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:53 am 
Elite Member

Sanktum wrote:
Nice. And judging by your character you didn't parry Gwyn to death either.

Nope, indeed.
In fact that's probably the reason I died the first time D:

I'd heard parrying is the way to go, so I wanted to try. He's the only boss that works on after all, can't waste that opportunity :P.
Took me a while to remember that greatshields couldn't even do that xD.
2nd time was a lot more dodging and rolling. And the Zweihander's heavy attack staggered him a lot, so it was pretty easy... I almost felt a bit like I cheated.

I think I'll play some other linear single player game now for a bit, then I'll move on to DS2. Let my gamesense degrade a bit so its not overly familiar and less fun. I know DS2's a different beast, but the unfamiliarity/confusion phase in the beginning of games tends to be the most fun, so I'd like to not git gud too early :P
Maybe I'll finally do that Tomb Raider reboot game that's been sitting in my folder for nearly a year now...

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:41 pm 
Elite Member

Yeah Gwyn is the most agressive boss in the game and fighting him without parrying is quite different.
Are you gonna play the normal version of DS2 or Scholar of the First Sin?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next