Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Official] SRF Starcraft II Thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:10 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Stephano lost 0-2 to MMA :[
The last foreigner is defeated once again :[

edit:
holy crap Alive vs Nestea g1 was fcking epic :yay:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:02 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ugh, my new devision name is gay D:
Prelate Romeo >.<

At least I finally have some motivation to get out of silver D:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 am 
Elite Member

AWWWW YEAAAAAAAHHH
Gold league promotion finally!! I guess having a gay division name really did it XD

New Division: Kogg Oscar!

Hope the platinum opponents really start streaming in now. I've beaten like 2 out of 6 so far so I'm looking forward to it :P.
I was going on a pretty major win streak versus all these golds and silvers >.<. 15-2 in the last 4 days D:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:47 pm 
Ex-Staff

Nice, especially since the leagues are harder now that the lower level players are leaving, waiting for dota2/d3

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:40 pm 
Elite Member

Tbh I was hoping for a promotion to plat, would've been nice.
Still I'm quite happy for being able to reach my goal: get to Gold before unlocking the ghost portrait :P.

What are your best/worst maps?
According to SC2Gears Metalopolis is my best map, but personally I feel the most comfortable playing on Shakuras Plateau. I feel zerg-proof on this map, and TvP is currently my best matchup so that doesn't scare me much either.

Ohana seems to be my worst map. Personally I think my entombed valley play is bad as well :/. It's all great on 2base, but there's really no good position for a third to take as a terran on either map. Both feel kinda zerg-favored to me.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:20 pm 
Ex-Staff

I play random, there are no worst maps :/

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:27 pm 
Elite Member

o.o really? nice : D
there was a time I wanted to try playing random but I never got to it. Maybe if I get stuck in ladder one day or bored of terran :)

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:40 pm 
Elite Member

Blizzard announces Battlenet upgrades for HotS :O.
This looks REALLY good O__O

Spoiler!

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/536696 ... _2012#blog

This is the best news they've ever mentioned since anti-alias!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:03 am 
Ex-Staff

So........ they're finally bringing back stuff they had in 1998! Sweet.

On another note, I can't wait to boot up pro replays where we go "holy shit I could've won from that position" (special shoutout to nestea vs mvp blizz inv) and actually play it.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:46 am 

SM-Count wrote:

On another note, I can't wait to boot up pro replays where we go "holy shit I could've won from that position" (special shoutout to nestea vs mvp blizz inv) and actually play it.

Ehh unless you had the actual opponent to load the saved game with you I don't think you can draw a conclusion as such. I imagine that playing against another pro is so drastically different from your and my play (assuming you aren't a pro <.<) and the decisions made were probably for a good reason.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:10 pm 
Ex-Staff

Azilius wrote:
SM-Count wrote:

Ehh unless you had the actual opponent to load the saved game with you I don't think you can draw a conclusion as such. I imagine that playing against another pro is so drastically different from your and my play (assuming you aren't a pro <.<) and the decisions made were probably for a good reason.

Assuming they make it like sc1 you can play any saved game as long as you have the safe file, what used to happen is you create a lobby with a saved game at a certain point in a game, your friend comes in, then you hit play and you take over for one player and your friend for another. I assume this is the same thing (granted Blizz has been extremely incompetent at implementing 1998 features so I don't know why I'm assuming this) where you load a replay in a lobby, check some check box and then drag a timer bar to where you want to start, have your friend hop in the lobby and then boot up the game.

If your friend doesn't have the replay then they download it just like they'd download a map if they don't have the map. The only thing is that at least one of you would need the pro replay, which isn't hard, tourneys and pro release replay packs all the time.

I wasn't talking about playing against a pro from a replay, I meant ppl were saying a bronze player could've taken over for Nestea and beat MVP, so you can have a bronze play zerg and a gm play terran and see what happens. I don't mean I boot up the replay and the other player continues doing what he's doing.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:23 am 

What I meant to say is at the absolute top level the difference from a rank 1 NA GM is still very significant. So even if you could get a bronze player to beat a GM player, I don't think a bronze player could beat a consistent code S player (MVP/MMA for instance). I think even a GM player might have trouble doing it.

It may be doable after seeing the replay in full and knowing everything that's going on so you can make perfect decisions..but that's much different imo

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:21 am 
Frequent Member

You guys have any idea around what time the expansion is gonna come out? Havent really been playing much SC2, so i dont know if any huge changes have happened?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 am 
Elite Member

DinoNuggets wrote:
You guys have any idea around what time the expansion is gonna come out? Havent really been playing much SC2, so i dont know if any huge changes have happened?

If I am not mistaken it just got delayed to 2013. It's unofficial but not really surprising.
They stated they would release 2 things in 2012, which ends up being Mysts of Panderia and Diablo 3...

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:10 pm 
Frequent Member

poehalcho wrote:
DinoNuggets wrote:

If I am not mistaken it just got delayed to 2013. It's unofficial but not really surprising.
They stated they would release 2 things in 2012, which ends up being Mysts of Panderia and Diablo 3...

D3 FTW, can't wait!!!
I can wait another year or so for HOTS.

_
Diablo 3
GuyLafleur - 60 (54) - Wizz

GTA5

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:55 pm 

With the HoTS beta around the corner I wouldn't be surprised if it's released in line with christmas or early Q1 2013. To be honest though Blizzard should be working to push it out earlier with Christmas being a last resort. I think they've finally noticed how powerful ESports is and with LoL's massive success it seems Blizzard is going to pull their heads from out of their asses and nurture SC2 a lot more. The question is will it be too late =\

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:42 pm 
Elite Member

I don't think they should push it. Blizzard are slow because they give quality. People whine a lot about it none the less, but Blizzard is definitely one of the most caring companies out there. If blizzard rushes the game it will just cause a shitstorm. People are getting used to the slowness anyway, they're starting to understand and expect it and that's fine.

I'm slightly confused as to how LoL is a real competitor against starcraft :? It's an entirely different game... If there's anything it's competing with it's Dota2. Moreover with the BW era ending (in case you didn't see on TL, a lot of the pros seem to be switching over now) a lot of people will switch over to watching/playing sc2.

You even could more or less state that Starcraft 2 only just began now.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:58 am 

I wasn't referring to the games genre when I said taking over. I'm aware LoL isn't an RTS therefore it can't be better than SC2 in that way, but my point was that SC1/SC2 were considered the most popular ESport (of all genres) and then LoL rushed in and took over the #1 spot in South Korea, and now in the world...

The revenue increase due to exposure for that game was probably a wake up call for Blizzard to make sure they notice how big ESports is getting =\

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:25 am 
Elite Member

LoL took the #1 spot in Korea o.O?? Must've missed that...
Hmmm, but I can see where you're coming from. Moreover since WoW finally slowly started to decline I can only imagine them focussing their attention on getting big money from SC2 and D3.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm 
Elite Member

Oh Wow. This is just amazing :O

patch 1.5 notes (HUGE)
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comme ... _notes_15/

Arcade screenshots
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comme ... coming_ui/

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:33 am 
Veteran Member

I have more fun watching commentaries now than I do playing the game.. I think its because I think too much and cant enjoy while I play lol :p

SRO Salvation:
VietB
Vietx

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:06 pm 
Ex-Staff

From a Korean interview HotS is expected to be released early next year, first quarter. Which probably means third quarter next year, just a rumor though, granted it's a rumor from the Korean leagues.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:09 am 
Elite Member

GSL finals Game 5, did anyone see that HOLY SHIT O____O

Spoiler!

edit:
Here's a vid
Spoiler!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:25 pm 

Lmao can't believe it even worked against a terran..

Can't wait for that shit to be removed t.t

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:43 pm 
Elite Member

it should be noted that half of squirtles dudes were stuck on an island.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:06 am 
Ex-Staff

Azilius wrote:
Lmao can't believe it even worked against a terran..

Can't wait for that shit to be removed t.t

Archon toilet is retarded, indeed. Usually, TvP doesn't come down to an Archon toilet, but in ZvP, it's a different story. The matchup itself is retarded, at the moment. 99% of games go like this:

Protoss opens Forge Fast Expand, and then he either two base all-ins (7 gate +2 blink, 6 Gate Immortal, 6 Gate Void Ray, etc.), or does some light pressure on the Zerg third and then expands with Sentry/Immortal. Then, Zerg pressures with Ling/Roach and tries to deny the third, while taking a fourth base and teching to either Mutalisks or Infestors. Zerg then builds a million spine crawlers and goes towards Hive Tech, Brood Lord/Infestor, gradually trading Roaches and Zerglings for more Corruptors/Infestors/Broodlords. Protoss only has an answer to that army, namely the Mothership, together with Templar tech. If the Vortex hits, Protoss wins. If it doesn't, Zerg wins. ZvP is so stupid. >.<

EDIT: By the way, if anyone here is on the EU server and wants to hang out or play some practice games, hit me up: Locutus.261. Rank #1 Diamond Protoss pushing for Masters, in case that makes any difference. I can offrace Zerg and Terran at Diamond level as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:40 am 
Elite Member

I'll use this video as an excuse to say that I added you Stress :)

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:03 pm 
Elite Member

Redbull battlegrounds:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Day%5B9%5D

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 pm 
Elite Member

I jsut lost vs a diamond woop woop :yay: :yay: :yay:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:17 pm 
Elite Member

New HotS stuff!!!

PvZ

TvZ @ 2:09:10
http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/live#sc2

Quick Facts:
Spoiler!

I'm very scared as a terran... Only my new widow mines shine a ray of hope... :(

I was actually thinking it doesn't look too bad. The game seems to playing with smaller battles now,
but I also just heard that zerg still has infestors which in my book makes them incredibly OP right now. Can you imagine. Abduct colossus and Neural it D:

EDIT
specifics:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=343491

additional info:
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comme ... on_thread/

Costs and stuff:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=343635

More additional info:
- You can load 4 Widow mines in a Medivac
- Thors are still in. With Ultra's loss of Frenzy 250mm cannons will finally have a real use!
- In HOTS, low pylons no longer power high ground. I think this is a good decision overal. It will FORCE a little bit more creativity out of the protoss while killing silly strats such cannon rushes and 4gates. Hopefully we'll see some serious use of the warp prism from now on. (imo they should remove the warpgate transformation and allow warpins only through warpprisms while lowering build times when making units the normal way, I think that will be a general improvement to the game's design)
Spoiler!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next