Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Official] SRF Starcraft II Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:45 am 
Ex-Staff

It is done, my SC2 life is complete!

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Gratz. (HOLY SHIT THAT'S A BIG SCREEN D:)
Me stuck in gold again T_T. I f*cked up my MMR before getting into plat D: . Oh well, I'll get there eventually. I don't think I'm playing as good as I should right now :[.

I played 2 zergs with that strategy btw. Lost the first one too some mass zerglings >____>. I don't even know how I managed to do that lol.
I won the 2nd one, but I think my opp was a very low level >___>. I cringe whenever my opponents don't even turn out to have a star in their rank when they're gold... D;

(btw lol, the ranks on the battle.net site haven't been reset yet...)

the usual random sc vid:
Spoiler!

EDIT:
**** THIS SHIT. ZERG IS SO MOTHERFUCKIGN OP HOLY SHIT.
LOOK AT THIS SHIT OMG

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:45 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I won against 2 silver zergs today :dope:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 am 
Ex-Staff

poehalcho wrote:

I won against two mid-master Terrans with Zerg yesterday. I made 60 drones on three base, defending off six Queens and four Zerglings. Then, I made a couple of Infestors and Zergling upgrades, a 12 minute Hive, went up to five bases and showed up with fully upgraded Ultra/Ling/Bane/Infestor, at 16 minutes, with all my bases defended by 4 spines and a spore. ZvT is a breeze. Hellions? LOL, I've got six Queens. Banshees? LOL, six Queens and spores if they go cloak. A bunch of Marines? LOL, a spine getting transfused over and over and creep that extends to the middle of the map at 10 minutes. :dope:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:06 pm 
Elite Member

Stress wrote:
poehalcho wrote:

I won against two mid-master Terrans with Zerg yesterday. I made 60 drones on three base, defending off six Queens and four Zerglings. Then, I made a couple of Infestors and Zergling upgrades, a 12 minute Hive, went up to five bases and showed up with fully upgraded Ultra/Ling/Bane/Infestor, at 16 minutes, with all my bases defended by 4 spines and a spore. ZvT is a breeze. Hellions? LOL, I've got six Queens. Banshees? LOL, six Queens and spores if they go cloak. A bunch of Marines? LOL, a spine getting transfused over and over and creep that extends to the middle of the map at 10 minutes. :dope:

only 60 drones???

I'm really curious how blizz will handle this. This isn't the type of thing that will just blow over. The ramifications can be seen everywhere.
Dreamhack all Terrans out in RO16.
GSL/GSTL ZvT 74% winrate. 112 games total played, Zerg have won 83 of them while Terran have won 29.
it's pretty bad :[

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:19 pm 
Ex-Staff

I only made 60, because that's basically all I need on three base. Went up to 80 in the late game.

RO16 in GSL is 7 Terrans, though, we'll see how it goes after the next group stage. I can see how TvZ is hard, but I also feel like some things haven't been explored enough yet, like the Turtle Mech with Ravens, for example. It can be really, really strong on some maps (Antiga, Daybreak, Metropolis, Shakuras). A lot of the complaints come from the fact that it's hard to prevent Creep spread and to keep Zerg from comfortably taking a third base, since a lot of Zergs go for 4-6 Roaches to push out the Hellions and then take their third while continuing to spread the Creep.

I've seen some Terrans do this cute timing, where they just 1 Rax CC, get one gas, and then go 4 rax, with one tech lab and no other addons. When Combat Shield completes, they push out, clear the Creep, maybe even kill the Creep Queens. If Zerg is greedy and doesn't have ling speed, this can do pretty significant damage. Then, just transition to Bio with a sprinkle of Blue Flame Hellions, and you're all set to counter the popular Ling/Infestor style, by dropping all over the place, roasting mineral lines, and still being strong in straight up fights.

Last edited by Stress on Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:20 pm 
Ex-Staff

After the ghost nerf they terrans don't have a great way to deal with hive tech zerg now, cept ravens. I'm sure terrans will figure something out, they always do. A month ago late game TvP was impossible for T, now they have new ways to deal with it. (mostly delaying super late game or reach it with a million orbs no scvs)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm 
Ex-Staff

SM-Count wrote:
After the ghost nerf they terrans don't have a great way to deal with hive tech zerg now, cept ravens. I'm sure terrans will figure something out, they always do.

That's right. If you overcommit to Vikings, and 6 Ultras show up, you're in big trouble. Same goes for overcommitting to Marauders or Tanks.

Mech with Ravens (and an appropriate Viking count, of course) is really hard to touch by Zerg, if Terran secures his bases against Roach Drops and just keeps expanding and setting up perimeters on the map. Just think about Daybreak, where a meching Terran puts a PF in the center expansion, and he can pretty much cover five expansions from a single strong point. You can't crash Roaches into that from any angle, because it just doesn't work, and with a good amount of Vikings, Thors and Ravens, Brood Lords aren't that hard to deal with, as long as you're splitting the Vikings. If Zerg clumps up, you Seeker Missile twice, and the game is over. Blue Flame Hellion harass is really strong too. Mech is a difficult style to play, but stupid strong if executed correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:59 pm 
Elite Member

Quote:
A month ago late game TvP was impossible for T, now they have new ways to deal with it. (mostly delaying super late game or reach it with a million orbs no scvs)

Why? Must've missed this one. The observer buff?

Anyway...I'm kinda done with raging about zerg. It still pisses me off, but I've passed the rage phase. I'm slowly getting my rank back now, crawled back to 23rd. I decided to put my anger to good use. I've been training in the marine split challenge and SAT control solo. I can split my way to level 11 without much of a problem, but after that it becomes hard :[. I'm kind of a low apm player so this isn't really my forté. It does quite seem to be helping though, last game I played I set a new record for my epm average :D. 92 epm with a 16% redundancy (111 APM).

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:14 am 
Ex-Staff

You don't need to worry about APM or fancy marine micro until Master League. I played Random until Diamond League on my second account, and I was winning TvZ with ease, basically with solid macro only. I used very macro-oriented builds, like 1 rax CC into Reactor Hellion into a third CC into Cloaked Banshee, adding two ebays and the armory, one Raven (used for clearing out Creep together with the Banshees), and then transitioning into a solid 3 base 6 rax 3 factory 1 starport infrastructure. I didn't do any insane marine splits, any insane dropping action or any fancy stuff really. The only drops I did were as I was pushing out. When my push got to the center of the map, I sent one medivac to the main and one to the third. Apart from that, I just macroed as best as I could. I refined everything to the point where I would get a 13:30 max off that opening, then start pushing (with +2/+2 for Marines and +2 for Tanks) and rallying marine/tank across the map, while getting a fourth base, extra upgrades and preparing the adequate tech for Zerg's T3 unit of choice, in case I wouldn't end up killing him with that push. Macro is everything.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:26 am 
Elite Member

I know apm is not particularly important, hence why mine is so low to begin with. Rather I try to play with as much efficiency as possible, which I think I do a fair job at, I ussually have the lowest redundancy in 99% of my games with an average of 17%. GoOdy would be proud xD. (btw stress you had 37% redundancy D: )

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:02 pm 
Ex-Staff

Play the multitask trainer! It's really useful.

Macro doesn't win you games, knowing timings wins you games. The thing about timings is if your macro is bad, you miss a pylon or forget probe production or expand late then the timing is missed. Timing attacks are designed in such a way that when it hits if the opponent hasn't scouted it or the opponent just doesn't plain know about it it should win you the game or cripple your opponent massively. Having good macro isn't about having more units than the other guy, it's about having the correct amount of units in a given unit of time.

The easiest example is the 4 gate timing. Bad players scout 4 gate and start freaking out and dropping spines everywhere and sending lings everywhere looking for the proxy pylon. Anyone that knows the 4 gate timings will scout whether the toss is still mining gas and how far along the gates are building. Knowing for sure that no units will come before 6:30 and even then it'll only be the initial zeal/stalker + one wave and no second wave till 7:00 is really important, it lets you know you can still drone for a while and prepare your economy more for the impending attack. Ofc this is also why pros sometimes lose like noobs, they misread the build, prepare for a later timing and get crushed. Timing attacks are amazing at high level and imbalanced at low level, MC's made his career off it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:05 pm 
Ex-Staff

Count, what race do you play? EU or NA?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:13 pm 
Ex-Staff

na random, probably terran in serious games though cause TvT is the best mirror matchup imo, haven't played in a while =( too much dota and smash melee, trying to get back into it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:46 am 
Ex-Staff

Interesting, you sounded very Zerg to me ("having the correct amount of units in a given unit of time"). :-)

I played Random for a while too, so I got a pretty good taste of all mirror matchups.

I don't know much in depth about TvT, since T was always my weakest race (around Platinum level, I guess), but I enjoyed playing the matchup, because there was always room for maneuvering, outsmarting your opponent, catching him in a bad position. I also felt like I wasn't getting punished as hard for mistakes as in the other mirror matchups, because Tanks or a big drop can turn any game around.

Now that early- to mid-game ZvZ has been figured out to a pretty good extent, ZvZ's are 20% ling/bling wars and 80% macro games. People are actually taking 7 minute third bases in ZvZ nowadays. It's evolved to a really interesting strategical battle, not just endless ling/bling micro wars. Of course, 9/10 pool against 15 hatch is still out there, but that doesn't really bother me. On smaller two player maps, I just go gas pool, and on larger maps, I always 15 hatch, because 9/10 pools are less effective.

PvP is still difficult, though. You can't really expand safely, Stargate is strong against Robo, Robo is strong against Blink/DT and Blink/DT is strong against Stargate. If you flip the wrong side of the coin (there's almost no way you can know in time, without falling behind one way or another), you're often fighting an uphill battle, where there are few advantages to be gained, and the game can be over in an instant.

EDIT: I just realized almost every post of mine in this thread is really long. Sorry if that bugs anyone, I just like to talk about the game as much as I can. ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:24 am 
Ex-Staff

Yeah, I used to hate ZvZ the most, felt so coin flippy but with stronger queens and more importantly maps with 30 sec+ ling run times it's a lot easier to defend expos. I think I like TvT the most because it feels really cool to own land, almost like a civilization game or something. You plop down a bunch of siege tanks and suddenly you control a piece of the map that your opponent is gonna be hard pressed to trade cost effectively against. Plus one of my biggest strengths is watching the minimap and TvT provides the most opportunities for that to manifest into an advantage. It's also very chaotic if it's bio mech because drops are everywhere while tanks try to take position, lots to do since small terran armies are so powerful.

In contrast ZvZ there's a lot of ling run bys and stuff but that's it during mid game. With infestor roach can't really commit to harass cause if infestors catch a part of your army then it's over. ZvZ is probably the most macro based; I really like the decisions made during ZvZs, deciding when it's actually safe to start double evo upgrades risking getting run over while upgrades are going, whether spreading creep is actually a good idea etc.

I feel like I should like PvP more cause it's kinda like brood war pvp where it's a micro war and I have a decently aggressive playstyle where I like to dictate the match. I just feel like there isn't much to do in the match up though, I've tried warp prism drops and stuff like pheonix obs dt but it just doesn't feel very fun. I like zealot archon though, too bad most games never get there. Microing zealot archon vs. colossus is really fun, love moving fat archons over forcefields.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:36 pm 
Ex-Staff

Currently, I play the ling/infestor/ultra style in ZvZ. Quick ling upgrades are a big part of that. I get a 12 minute Hive, so I continually upgrade, from 0/0 to 3/3 and adrenal glands. Ultras come out at 15-16 minutes, with 5/3 upgrades (most Roach users are still on 2/2 here, which makes this timing awesome). When a player going Roaches attacks, I can just counter with lings and stall with Infestors and Spines, until my lings get back, since I have the mobility advantage. When Ultras come out, it's a Roach carnage. Fungal + Ultra is amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:43 pm 
Ex-Staff

If I see my opponents stay on ling without roach I just make some blings and win the game with ling bling roach, I guess good micro can win against that but even with ling speed it's had to save all your drones and lings from blings, especially on creep. That can hit at 10 minutes, maybe even 8:30-9 with creep spread from nat queen. I think skipping roach for fast ultra works on maps like antiga with a fairly small natural ramp but it still feels greedy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 pm 
Ex-Staff

I just did it with Zerg too. ^_^

Spoiler!

Albeit, it was much easier than last time I tried. I used to have a really hard time in ZvT, but after the Queen change, ZvT is quite comfortable. I was talking to poehalcho, and he was saying no Zerg who goes up in rank in the current metagame really deserves it. I don't know about that (as for myself, I've gotten a lot better mechanically and in terms of game sense), but I definitely agree it's easier for Zerg in this patch.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:08 pm 
Elite Member

First of I am biased, so it's up to you if you take it seriously. I'll still try to write as objectively as possible...
but. While I'm sure your mechanics have improved since last time... Chances are it's less than you think it is. The fact that you can sit back with queens on a 7 minute 3base means that your mechanics aren't nearly as burdened as they previously were. pretty much the only thing Zergs currently need to do is just drone, inject and spread creep. For that reason even in freakin gold league everyone has Stephano-like creep spread.

The major problem with the current patch is simply the difference in effort and skill required in the matchup. Zergs can hands-free scoot to the lategame in 13 minutes, while the Terran is forced to gamble on a bunch of fast expands. If the Zerg ever scouts these fast expansions, of which there's about 80% chance because Terran is really bad at expanding due to lack of static defence, the Zerg can very easily change his entire strategy to either a bane bust or a roach all-in, because he already has all the defence he needs cause it is required for his macro mechanic anyway.

Basically Zerg right now is Chuck Norris and Terran is creature X

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:09 am 
Ex-Staff

When Queens had range 3, Terran could make four Hellions and deny the Zerg third base for a very long time, any sort of Creep spread and scouting and then, only off those four hellions, go three Command Centers, double Engineering Bay and Banshee, while still getting their infrastructure up (extra Barracks and/or Factories). Making Roaches off two base slows your economy and tech down a lot. If you were to make Roaches back then, in order to fight back the Hellions, while still getting a healthy drone count, you would be stuck on hatchery tech, with a bunch of useless units and a hurt economy. Plus, they're really slow and they lose value over time against Marine/Tank armies, so that wasn't really a good option. The way most Zergs play now is they push the Hellions back using the Queens, put down the third base and then get some Roaches, to prevent hellion harass. Back then, you either had to get plenty of speedlings and hope he isn't paying attention to his Hellions, or just go 2 hatch muta, which is really slow in terms of economy, and does very little damage, if Terran prepares adequately. If you messed up once, Hellions would run into your base and 400 minerals worth of units would end the game right there. ZvT was harder back then, but playable.

Now that Zerg is in the same position Terran was a while ago (they can get three bases, +1/+1, and lair tech off six Queens), Terrans bitch about TvZ being impossible to win. LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:48 pm 
Elite Member

A friend of mine is doing a 24 hour streamathon for Child's Play.
Would you guys be so nice as to help get the reddit thread to the front page :D?
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comme ... y_charity/

This is his stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ksdarkomicron

if it helps peak your interest. There'll be a showmatch vs Whitera in about 5-10 minutes.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:19 pm 
Elite Member

showmatch begins now!
http://www.twitch.tv/ksdarkomicron

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:24 pm 

Anyone watching TSL4?

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:36 pm 
Elite Member

Sadly I'm missing it :[
busy all day with preparing for departure to Bulgaria for vacation. I'm leaving in like 4 hours and I won't have internet or even a computer available to me for at least a week. maybe just on a few days where we visit friends.

WORST OF ALL MY MP4 PLAYER JUST BROKE D;. IT'S STUCK IN "FULLY REGARGED" DISPLAY MODE. IT'S ONE OF THOSE PIECES OF CRAP THAT LOAD WITH A USB WIRE AND YOU CAN'T SHUT IT DOWN BY REMOVIN A BATTERY. NOW I'LL HAVE TO WAIT LIKE 30 HOURS BEFORE THE BLOODY THING RUNS OUT OF JUICE AND RESETS ITSELF SO I CAN ATTEMPT TO PUT NEW SONGS ON IT FROM MY COMPUTER LOCATED 2000KM AWAY. FML. CURSE YOU PHILIPS I'M NEVER BUYING HARDWARE FROM YOU EVER AGAIN. EEVEEEER!!! BASTARDS EVEN ONLY GAVE IT A 2 DAY GUARANTEE WTF!?!?!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:15 pm 
Elite Member

PLATINUM WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH!! :yay:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:27 am 
Elite Member

So... anyone get HotS?

EDIT:
how to play HotS vs AI
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=366548

widow mines suck now D:
180 to target but only 30 aoe wtf >.<

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:38 am 
Elite Member

Check out 11:00
http://www.gomtv.net/2012gsls4/vod/70603

SICKEST. HOLD. EVER.

BTW:
adorable little animations :D

___
somebody end my combo pl0x D:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:23 pm 
Elite Member

It's old by now, but goddamn is it perfect

also new starcrafts:

someone please end my post combo D:

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:54 pm 
Elite Member

Hexapost D:...
come on Stress, I know you still play. end my postign streak please...

so anyway. awesome new HotS stuff recently.

interface overhaul:

Ragdoll physics at last (and they are glorious)

So uhh... yeah at lot of improvements. They game is finally going where it should be.
one of my favorite additions by the way: there's an option to only show the hp bars of wounded units. That's going to make casting so much better, and it'll be easier for the players as well without all the green bars gettign in the way.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 904 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next