Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: My journey to Perfect World (56K warning)
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:51 pm 
Frequent Member

Indeed WOW :D

Spoiler!

Post subject: Re: My journey to Perfect World (56K warning)
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:00 pm 
Veteran Member

can you have sex under the water?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:10 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
i suppose i would like this game better if my graffic card would at least allow shadows -.-
im having better luck with WoWscape atm...

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:23 pm 
Forum God

Nice pictures. It looks like a lot of fun :)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:26 pm 
Forum God

poehalcho wrote:
i suppose i would like this game better if my graffic card would at least allow shadows -.-

Try it. I needs less memory than SRO :D
190Mb vs 400Mb or virtual memory
And the shadow is not the same like SRO (SRO lag like hell!!!)

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:43 pm 
Forum Legend

So how does the game look better / have better graphics than silkroad ?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:55 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NuclearSilo wrote:
poehalcho wrote:

Try it. I needs less memory than SRO :D
190Mb vs 400Mb or virtual memory
And the shadow is not the same like SRO (SRO lag like hell!!!)

i've allready tried it...my graffic card didn't allow shadows in the game, the graffics looked really bad through my computer -.-

edit: i also have a bug with turning my screen, this one persists in WoW too and actually a littel worse but there the screen can turn with the character (while not being as annoying as in PW). i still have the game installed. might play it sometime...maybe. it's a little bit of a WoW rip-off imo, though it has some nice features: flying, graffics, custimizations, ultra high jumping...etc

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Last edited by poehalcho on Tue May 20, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:56 pm 
Forum God

Crumpets wrote:
So how does the game look better / have better graphics than silkroad ?

Because of the design. Sometime, u can have a picture with 5Mb size but look worst than a picture with 2Mb (just an analogy) :wink:
Beside, they design it a world of ferry, heaven so u have the feeling that the graphic is better. I didnt try the Hell world yet :)

Join me there http://www.perfectworld.gr/ (if u are bored of sro, this is an adventure game)

DL here FULL : http://tfn.seeitworks.com/index.php?dir ... %20Europe/

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:21 pm 
Elite Member

one word :overrated

its so boring.
and theres no grasswalk.
Your mounts or whatever start at lvl 30, and that alone is like a tiny speed boost.
yes the map is huge, but its so damn repetitive. Have you seen the monsters? theyre all the same, all they did was change the lvls of the monsters and changed like 1 or 2 letters in their name.
the quests suck just like sro quests, but what can you expect from a free mmo.
The music, or should i say the 3 to 4 tracks the game has..sucks and theyre like 30 second clips that replay over and over.
the only thing that the game has going for it are the better-than-average graphics, and even then thats the only thing saving this game cuz it can be gruelingly slow paced you might as well have something pretty to look at while you fly for 30 minutes just to get to the next town (unless you teleport).
Oh an i noticed youre an elf archer, how does the 6 second charge up skill feel?
I can't even stress enough how slow the game is.
Not only that, but the werefox BOTS ks you all the time. At least in sro there are higher lvl grasswalks and phantoms and skills that allow you to ks bots if they ever get in the way. Werefox bots have like no cooldown time, and since your attack damage is cut by more than 50% if you fly(just to get speed boost) , they ks you anyway.
Remind me again why this game is so good? I liked it for all about 3 days. The coolest part by far was the intro music.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:25 pm 
Forum Legend

But err, why did you name yourself 'Fly' ?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:26 pm 
Elite Member

MrFudge wrote:

its so boring.
and theres no grasswalk.
Your mounts or whatever start at lvl 30, and that alone is like a tiny speed boost.
yes the map is huge, but its so damn repetitive. Have you seen the monsters? theyre all the same, all they did was change the lvls of the monsters and changed like 1 or 2 letters in their name.
The music, or should i say the 3 to 4 tracks the game has..sucks and theyre like 30 second clips that replay over and over.
the only thing that the game has going for it are the better-than-average graphics, and even then thats the only thing saving this game cuz it can be gruelingly slow paced you might as well have something pretty to look at while you fly for 30 minutes just to get to the next town (unless you teleport).
Oh an i noticed youre an elf archer, how does the 6 second charge up skill feel?
Not only that, but the werefox BOTS ks you all the time. At least in sro there are higher lvl grasswalks and phantoms and skills that allow you to ks bots if they ever get in the way. Werefox bots have like no cooldown time, and since your attack damage is cut by more than 50% if you fly(just to get speed boost) , they ks you anyway.
Remind me again why this game is so good? I liked it for all about 3 days. The coolest part by far was the intro music.

+1...kinda
but notice that she's playing a euro version (probably private server but w/e). so things like the bots might not be there. nad lvl is actually pretty fast.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:37 pm 
Forum God

MrFudge wrote:

its so boring.
and theres no grasswalk.

- Isnt in sro, mob are the same, just + lvl and defense?
- What do u expect from a quest? kill mob, talk to npc, getting item?
- There are more than 3 or 4 tracks, each region has a different track. I guess u only stick around Forest of Feather, dont u? Look at the map and see how many regions there are.
- 6 sec charged because u used the worst skill of elf (skill given at lvl 1), other skills have no delay or at least 1s
- im playing on private server, and see none bot atm.

The only bad part of the game is the map is too slow, that's why u have to use teleport or have wing speed passive. But think about the 1st mmorpg game, Ragnarok, and see how big it is, yet everyone found it a great game.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:10 pm 
Elite Member

NuclearSilo wrote:
MrFudge wrote:

its so boring.
and theres no grasswalk.

- Isnt in sro, mob are the same, just + lvl and defense?
- What do u expect from a quest? kill mob, talk to npc, getting item?
- There are more than 3 or 4 tracks, each region has a different track. I guess u only stick around Forest of Feather, dont u? Look at the map and see how many regions there are.
- 6 sec charged because u used the worst skill of elf (skill given at lvl 1), other skills have no delay or at least 1s
- im playing on private server, and see none bot atm.

The only bad part of the game is the map is too slow, that's why u have to use teleport or have wing speed passive. But think about the 1st mmorpg game, Ragnarok, and see how big it is, yet everyone found it a great game.

-isro doesnt to the extreme like perfect world does. For example, niya hunters and snipers. Generally the same, though one is 2 lvls lower, physical based, and doesnt cause poison. In perfect world, there are like 10 different monsters that all look the same, basically same attributes, maybe some are a bit tougher to beat, and they keep recycling the same monster model every 30 or so lvls.
-yes quests are always lame.Perfect Worlds are worse though due to the grueling gameplay speed.
- Okay but that doesn't make up for the 30 second-long tracks that repeat over and over again. There are only so many regions i could go to and tolerate them. After a while, you get tired of seeing the same 'urchins' or flowers, though i guess theyre named differently :S
-Charge blast or w/e it was called i learned at lvl 6 or so, and it was the strongest skill until the thunder line, so i dont know what youre talking about.
- prob havent seen bots cuz theyre all werefoxes and youre still a lvl 18 elf archer, or prob just cuz its a priv. server. I made a werebeast on the US version and the bots werent as infested as iSro's bunwangs or mujigis but they were pretty bad. And they can basically go ALLL day repotting like twice cuz they have a monster to tank for them, and their skill cast time is 1 second and takes almost no MP.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:16 pm 
Ex-Staff

Just look at the character head top left of the screen. Yeah graphics are better than sro :roll:
PS i don't like these cartoon based games at all (WoW-like) so i'm a bit biased xD

Niyoke wrote:
err i know ium soudning weird but .. Mr Bow is my p.e teacher .. ARE YOU MR BOW? LMAO ?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:20 pm 
Forum God

I can fly and swim in this game... And i like adventure game more :D

And, of course, this is not a game for one who has no patient, or want to be lvl 80 full farmed in a second -.-

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:25 pm 
Chronicle Writer

Amelie wrote:

we can find out...together :wink: :love:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:01 pm 
Loyal Member

Crumpets wrote:
Nah thanks. Cabal keeping me busy.

dragon quest?

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:22 pm 

- Yeah i love Terawraths or w/e are their name they are so annoying.

- Of cores the quests are boring when you don't read the story. And i don't understand the meaning of "fun quests".There are no such things like fun quests.Since the only fun thing about quests are the reward mostly.

- The ingame music is perfect,like the name says.And you can go and check your Music folder.There are more then 3-4 sons and they are bigger then 30 seconds.

- There are 2 kind of bot's.The lv up ones that are 80+ so you can only see them in higher areas.

Most of the werefox one's are for money selling sites.Since hey grind for materials from 20-29 and then after they make an another character and sell the lot.The lot sells for gold and the gold sells for $ or w/e.

EDIT: I forgot to add. PW was he best mmorpg i ever played.

Peace

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:23 pm 
Forum God

Crumpets wrote:
Nah thanks. Cabal keeping me busy.

- coz i want to fly in real life
- i can fly in my dream
- i always use Fly name or Fly-smt in most game :wink:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:25 pm 

Yeah, this game is good, espescially as you get higher level

The graphics are similar to sro, but I wouldnt really say better... just about the same.

and I guess its an asian style WoW type game.. if you dont like the style of the blizzard WoW. And the pvp system is like lineage II's. (complete with territory war)

More information about it in the 'official prefect world thread' of course :P , but everything is all random and unorganized in there, and most of us are playing the official MY-ENG version.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:53 am 

satman will come PK you on offical server.. soon enough :D :D :D .

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:25 pm 
Advanced Member

Lol play on the official servers.Its fun and random xD.

Btw the lvl 1 EA charged attck is more of a gear based attck.As u lvl it it takes less time 2 charge and does more dmg based from your gear but its still the lamest attck cuz of its charged time but it helps alot in the lower lvls.Plus it doesnt eat your mp :P .

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:11 pm 
SRF's Princess

hmmm.. I think that, if RS would have got better graphics, less kiddies, better GMs and that stuff, it would beat anygame anytime... (and also inventory expansion.

A game like RS has got quests that don't involve killing alone, but also a lot of thinking, patience, walking around, and mostly you just have to kill 1 or 2 mobs.

So that's better. It also has got a lot more NPC's, the NPC's walk around in their area, and talk better IMO.

But that's just me....

Yet, the graphics, the small inventory, the no chance of making quick money, the movements and the game newbies keep scaring me away...

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:03 pm 
Site Contributor

lol i didnt see this until now :P

but this game is 1000000000000 times better then SRO.

I mean for a start you can log onto the game without having to pay, their are GM's
always in game (you see them banning people for spamming).

Bots went after 2 weeks and never came back (MrFudged stopped playing after like 2
days and so dont know all the changes :P )

This is the best MMO i have ever played and it can only get better :D

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:25 am 
Loyal Member

Amelie wrote:

you can..... but make sure its a jacuzzi lol it gets pretty hard to stay hard when the waters 50 degrees

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:34 am 
Veteran Member

You can't compare a pure fantasy game to a history/fantasy hybrid, if you like fairies and shits you will like perfect world.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:23 am 
Banned User

Amelie wrote:

omg i lol'd so much
+1

but a better question, can you have sex while flying? O.o

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:54 am 

^ http://youtube.com/watch?v=i8EyWS569Fw

and

iGod wrote:
You can't compare a pure fantasy game to a history/fantasy hybrid, if you like fairies and shits you will like perfect world.

Perfect world is auctually a history/fantasy hybrid too. Its not pure fantasy, or it would be based in an imaginary world like WoW, and not ancient china. Its based on ancient history and mythology, and time period is close to sro's as well.

There are no fairies in pw. And if im not mistaken , there are fairy pets in sro now >.>

The only 'fairies' on pw might be mistakened for wingkind (which are auctually closer to angels), and the level 89+ Heaven/Hell cultivation fairies that are used to indicate someone's 'imortality'.. but thats it.

Im not saying pw and sro are similar tho . Because if you prefer botting and shit, you will like sro.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:32 pm 
SRF's Princess

Dl'ing it atm, only 2% to go

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:37 pm 
Forum God

play private server, not official one!!!