Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:28 am 
Dom's Slut

Is this a steal or what?!
Attachment:
STEAL.png
STEAL.png [ 13.96 KiB | Viewed 7114 times ]

I've been checking this for a while now, and I got lucky tonight!
http://www.ebgames.ca/pc/games/rift-col ... ion/308009

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:29 am 
Veteran Member

Suspicious...

League of Legends EUW - Summoner Name: Th3Knight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:52 am 
Common Member

why is it so cheap D:
and it only ships 2 Canada eh?

Thinking of playing this, kinda broke atm gonna wait till Monday.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:18 pm 
Dom's Slut

The price has been like this for at least a month now lolol, people on RFD are hounding this shit like no tomorrow.........aaaaaaaaaand it's sold out now.

Rift regular edition is up for $15 at Walmart though :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:32 pm 
Forum God

lol, surprised to see this thread "alive" again. Anyone here still plays? Got a Mage on Bloodiron(name in signature) and a Guardian Rogue currently on Blightweald, but transfering to Bloodiron on friday when the cooldown is over. :P

Anyways, expansion coming soon

http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:40 am 
Common Member

CrimsonNuker wrote:
The price has been like this for at least a month now lolol, people on RFD are hounding this shit like no tomorrow.........aaaaaaaaaand it's sold out now.

Aww dang :/

I'll most likely just have to try and get the regular edition for cheap and if I like the game upgrade to the ashes of history, digital copy though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:30 am 
Veteran Member

I think I might try this out again when the expansion comes out, seems kinda nice update.

League of Legends EUW - Summoner Name: Th3Knight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:05 am 
Forum God

Herp_Derp wrote:
CrimsonNuker wrote:

Aww dang :/

I'll most likely just have to try and get the regular edition for cheap and if I like the game upgrade to the ashes of history, digital copy though.

Patch 1.10 should arrive in a couple of weeks, wait until then. They always have a sale on the game then, CE for around 10 bucks, atleast they had when 1.8 launched, same with 1.9. Dont bother with Ashes of History, I never wear the tabard and the spider mount is just annoying to look at. I rather ride my crocnard from the epic water saga quest :P The only useful thing is the portable banker, it got a 3 hour CD though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:13 pm 
Dom's Slut

Damn the skill system for this game is getting me excited, I hope I don't get bored after like a week :soosad:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:59 am 
Common Member

Alright thx, I'll wait then :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:05 pm 
Dom's Slut

Playing the lite version of the game until my CE comes in.

Loving it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:58 pm 
Elite Member

Is the game free to play? I haven't even looked at Rift since the Beta.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:43 am 
Forum God

.curve wrote:

It's not, a monthly fee, how ever you can play free up to level 20 as long as you want, but will have alot of restrictions of course.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:42 am 
Elite Member

Swindler wrote:
.curve wrote:

It's not, a monthly fee, how ever you can play free up to level 20 as long as you want, but will have alot of restrictions of course.

lolnope then. From what I had already played, it was not worth a monthly fee. It's sad too because it had potential to be good.....as a F2P game...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:26 am 
Dom's Slut

.curve wrote:
Swindler wrote:
.curve wrote:

lolnope then. From what I had already played, it was not worth a monthly fee. It's sad too because it had potential to be good.....as a F2P game...

Yeah the monthly fee for this game is a bit steep, as well as other games on the market, WoW even. I think $15 a month or even $40 for 3 months is stupid for any game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:59 am 

.curve wrote:
Swindler wrote:
.curve wrote:

I agree, I hopped into a 7 day trial from one of my friends who already played with an event at the end, so I got to play past 20 and it was fun, but not enough fun to pay $15 a month.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:06 pm 
Forum God

.curve wrote:
Swindler wrote:
.curve wrote:

As Trion got an awesome customer support, developers that actually communicate and listen to what the players say, and they bring major patches every 6th week, I think 15 bucks a month is well worth spent money. This is something you very rarely see in other MMO's, especially F2P. I highly doubt Trion ever will make Rift F2P, I bet they rather shut down the game completely then, atleast what I've understood from Scott Hartsman.

and lol @ people that rather prefer a P2W game(as any F2P) over P2P where everyone is on an equal ground, not how deep their wallet is.

edit: .curve I do believe you would like the end game raiding in RIFT, it's not catered to the casuals, infact I believe there is only a handful of raiding guilds that has cleared Infernal Dawn(the latest raid) from both EU and NA and they released that raid with 1.8, which was around 3 months ago. :P I dont even think any casual guild has cleared Hammerknell Fortress yet.

Last edited by Swindler on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:45 pm 
Dom's Slut

Swindler wrote:
and lol @ people that rather prefer a P2W game(as any F2P) over P2P where everyone is on an equal ground

I can agree with this, but it wouldn't be an issue if F2P mmorpg makers didn't make it as unbalanced as that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:03 pm 
Forum God

CrimsonNuker wrote:
Swindler wrote:
and lol @ people that rather prefer a P2W game(as any F2P) over P2P where everyone is on an equal ground

I can agree with this, but it wouldn't be an issue if F2P mmorpg makers didn't make it as unbalanced as that.

Sadly that is hard, Allods was that the first couple of months, until Gipat where it started with the P2W, the producer of the european version said himself that they were running out of money, not enough people spent money on the game when they could play the game completely free. Alot of people left the game, how ever many stayed too and many started pumping thousands of euro in the game. Myself was in a guild where many had level 10 runes or more, and just that was around 1000 euro just for that, hell it was most likely more. I had spent around that amount of cash when I quit, and I just had level 888 777 runes. :P

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:24 pm 
Elite Member

Swindler wrote:
edit: .curve I do believe you would like the end game raiding in RIFT, it's not catered to the casuals, infact I believe there is only a handful of raiding guilds that has cleared Infernal Dawn(the latest raid) from both EU and NA and they released that raid with 1.8, which was around 3 months ago. :P I dont even think any casual guild has cleared Hammerknell Fortress yet.

I've heard that the end game raiding is catered more towards the Hardcore, dedicated players. I would love to check that out I just can't justify a monthly subscription for it based on how much the game was lacking when I played it.

A lot could have changed from then since it was a while ago, just a couple things stood out to me. The very linear leveling system sort of got boring after a while. I understand Rifts were supposed to break the monotony of "Go kill X number of these guys" and "Go talk to this guy in this next town on the way," but they ended up just becoming a part of the questing process themselves.

I'd be willing to give it a try and if you think they honestly won't make it F2P, then I may just suck it up once my WoW AP runs out(that was the worst idea I ever made. Free Diablo 3 for a guaranteed year of WoW? ew)

I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what's up over time. If I do decide to play I would definitely prefer to join up with someone from here to play with. That's one of the worst parts of an MMO is going into it by yourself as the new guy and having to start from absolute scratch on the server.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:47 pm 
Forum God

Yup, the questing system sucks, I agree with that. It is way to linear, feels like you're going on a rail. How ever they seem to trying to break the quest system completely by Instant Adventuring. It's basically fast paced questing in a raid. Alot of exp in a short amount of time.

This basically explains it:
Quote:
Like an instance, you queue up and you get teleported to the target zone. It is not an instance of the zone so there are still other things happening around you but you and your raid will have a series of objectives that run you all over the zone. As you finish each you get quest XP (3,540 per quest) and a new quest. The number of mobs you are asked to kill scales up as more players join the raid. Each quest can also take place in several different areas.

How ever the exp reward seems to scale depending on level, I leveled up my rogue just through doing Instant Adventures and dungeons once in a while. Ended up being 50 after 3 days. It's actually quite fun since it's fast paced and I got to know many people that I am now in a guild with. :P By the expansion every zone available in the game will have a Instant Adventure function so I am sure that most will go that route instead of regular questing.

edit: Good guide to see what's been added or removed from the game.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general ... anged.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:17 am 
Dom's Slut

^
This.

The instant adventuring is madness, you get SO much exp and it's like a dysfunctional raid with a bunch of randoms, but it works!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:28 pm 
Forum God

Dedicate your full RIFT gaming time with Instant Adventure and you can be capped in 1 day with exp vials you get from being subbed for 1/3/6... etc months. :P

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:49 pm 
Forum Legend

Swindler wrote:
Dedicate your full RIFT gaming time with Instant Adventure and you can be capped in 1 day with exp vials you get from being subbed for 1/3/6... etc months. :P

No fun in that though.

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:19 pm 
Elite Member

Skyve wrote:
Swindler wrote:

No fun in that though.

But nullifies the argument of "levelling is repetitive, boring, takes too long, etc."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:57 pm 
Forum God

Skyve wrote:
Swindler wrote:

No fun in that though.

But since the game starts at level 50 you want to reach that level as fast as possible, it's not maybe the smartest way to level your first toon. Then I would rather do dungeons, questing and pvping so you learn how your class play out in different situations.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:57 pm 
Elite Member

So I finally downloaded all patches and everything and am ready to start up.

A question: is there a Paladin-esque class in the game?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 pm 
Dom's Slut

GW2 coming out in a few days, will start up this game again once EB Games gets it back in stock and ships it to me :<

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:37 am 
Forum God

.curve wrote:

Nope, there is a Paladin soul, how ever it is not as in WoW, now adays it's just a soul you put 8-10 points in to get the 100% self heal. I find Warriors boring so I wont say to much, but check the warrior section on the forum and see. All I know about warriors is that they are OP as fk in PvP if they run Champion/Riftblade speccs.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 pm 
Elite Member

Swindler wrote:
.curve wrote:

Nope, there is a Paladin soul, how ever it is not as in WoW, now adays it's just a soul you put 8-10 points in to get the 100% self heal. I find Warriors boring so I wont say to much, but check the warrior section on the forum and see. All I know about warriors is that they are OP as fk in PvP if they run Champion/Riftblade speccs.

Not concerned with PVP, but I hear Paragon DW is one of the highest DPS souls in game?

Right now I'm leveling as Champion with a couple points in Paragon

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next