Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rift: Planes of Telara
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:05 pm 
Forum God

Not really, the same mount is available for lucky coins but the 150% speed one.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:43 am 
Veteran Member

HejsaN wrote:

It's actually not the same. It looks slightly different and is white. Also, it's only 110% speed, not 150.

But yeah, speaking as someone who has the collector's edition, it's not really worth it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:57 pm 
Forum God

Lempi wrote:
HejsaN wrote:

It's actually not the same. It looks slightly different and is white. Also, it's only 110% speed, not 150.

But yeah, speaking as someone who has the collector's edition, it's not really worth it.

My bad, but it's close to the same.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:17 pm 
Valued Member

lucky coins? what are they?

I went at the Mount NPC and those mounts are not cheap, are they 1 time use or you can use it all the time?

Also, i'm getting lost. There is Rifts, Raids, Dungeons, and what else? I take it Rifts are those colored things spawning randomly on the maps, dungeons are those areas marked with an cave icons on map, but what about Raids? And any other such features I dont know yet?

And how is called the PvP things you can start from an NPC in town (you get in a queue and then you spawn in a separate area with all the players separed in 2 teams). Those seems nice for XP

So far i'm level 16, and been doing quests, rifts, and that PvP thing you can start from NPC in town (one instance is called 'Jardin Noir' (would be translated 'Black Garden' in english)

It sucks i play the french version and its hard to find info in french on web -_- I wonder if I can put it back in english, would be easier.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:13 am 
Veteran Member

Sigh. Riftblade nerf, Reaver nerf. My two favourite souls...

Riftblade wouldn't of been a bad nerf, but the 6 second cooldown on flamespear is stupid. Ruins my style of play completely.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 pm 
Common Member

You_Dead_Yet wrote:
lucky coins? what are they? Rewards received from the Artifact collection NPC in your main city. You get them when you complete a Collection, pieces of which are found by collecting sparkly little orbs you'll find in random places throughout the world.

I went at the Mount NPC and those mounts are not cheap, are they 1 time use or you can use it all the time? The mounts are permanent and worth spending the platinum. A lot of travelling is done in this game.

Also, i'm getting lost. There is Rifts, Raids, Dungeons, and what else? I take it Rifts are those colored things spawning randomly on the maps, dungeons are those areas marked with an cave icons on map, but what about Raids? And any other such features I dont know yet?
Raids happen at level 50. There are special Raid Rifts that can be opened up that give epic loot. There are also open world Raid bosses and a Raid instance (Greenscale Blight).
Dungeons come in 3 difficulty levels:
Normal, the ones you do as you're levelling (they're pretty easy mode)
Expert (Tier 1), same dungeons but done at level 50 with harder monsters and much more difficult bosses (and more of them)
Expert (Tier 2), even harder than Tier 1 with even more bosses.

And how is called the PvP things you can start from an NPC in town (you get in a queue and then you spawn in a separate area with all the players separed in 2 teams). Those seems nice for XP The instanced PvP are called Warfronts. You get more types of Warfronts with different objectives as you level up. Every 10 levels I think.

So far i'm level 16, and been doing quests, rifts, and that PvP thing you can start from NPC in town (one instance is called 'Jardin Noir' (would be translated 'Black Garden' in english)

It sucks i play the french version and its hard to find info in french on web -_- I wonder if I can put it back in english, would be easier.Check your launcher settings (before you click play). Language may be a setting in there.

Silkroad - _Rhapsody_, Bard/Cleric, 96 (inactive) :love: PurePainCrew
RIFT: Planes of Telara - Level 50 Guardian Cleric

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:32 pm 
Valued Member

Double Double wrote:
You_Dead_Yet wrote:
lucky coins? what are they? Rewards received from the Artifact collection NPC in your main city. You get them when you complete a Collection, pieces of which are found by collecting sparkly little orbs you'll find in random places throughout the world.

I went at the Mount NPC and those mounts are not cheap, are they 1 time use or you can use it all the time? The mounts are permanent and worth spending the platinum. A lot of travelling is done in this game.

Raids happen at level 50. There are special Raid Rifts that can be opened up that give epic loot. There are also open world Raid bosses and a Raid instance (Greenscale Blight).
Dungeons come in 3 difficulty levels:
Normal, the ones you do as you're levelling (they're pretty easy mode)
Expert (Tier 1), same dungeons but done at level 50 with harder monsters and much more difficult bosses (and more of them)
Expert (Tier 2), even harder than Tier 1 with even more bosses.

And how is called the PvP things you can start from an NPC in town (you get in a queue and then you spawn in a separate area with all the players separed in 2 teams). Those seems nice for XP The instanced PvP are called Warfronts. You get more types of Warfronts with different objectives as you level up. Every 10 levels I think.

It sucks i play the french version and its hard to find info in french on web -_- I wonder if I can put it back in english, would be easier.Check your launcher settings (before you click play). Language may be a setting in there.

Thanks a lot! I managed to put the game in english, much easier to understand the guides and all now!

So what is the best way to gain XP when you are out of quests?

-Rifts (the minor and majors things with stages and mobs spawning)
-Warfronts (pvp, like black garden)
-Dungeons (i take it its like instances with 'elite' mobs? needs to be done in group?)

I have hard time to find group to do the first dungeon, is it bad if I skip or the rewards are really good?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:42 pm 
Veteran Member

You_Dead_Yet wrote:
Thanks a lot! I managed to put the game in english, much easier to understand the guides and all now!

So what is the best way to gain XP when you are out of quests?

-Rifts (the minor and majors things with stages and mobs spawning)
In my opinion its pretty fast way and you also gain Planarite which is used on buying better gear and on profession things. I think atleast at lower levels (when you can't actually enter any dungeons yet) rifts/invasions are the fastest way excluding quests.
-Warfronts (pvp, like black garden)
Not the very fast way because some warfronts can go well what means more exp, but if it goes bad it wont give you so much exp, favor is nice to have ofc but wouldn't try to level with Warfronts.
-Dungeons (i take it its like instances with 'elite' mobs? needs to be done in group?) Fastest way in my opinion, elite monsters, bosses, quests, epic gear etc.

I have hard time to find group to do the first dungeon, is it bad if I skip or the rewards are really good?

League of Legends EUW - Summoner Name: Th3Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:24 pm 
Veteran Member

Haven't played rift since the riftblade changes were announced. It was the only spec I actually enjoyed and now it's ruined.

Cancelled my sub too. :soosad:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:17 am 
Veteran Member

Hmm...my computer is swarming viruses and haven't been able to play, probably gotta reformat today :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:14 pm 
Valued Member

Lempi wrote:
Haven't played rift since the riftblade changes were announced. It was the only spec I actually enjoyed and now it's ruined.

Cancelled my sub too. :soosad:

What is that bad? The cooldown change to Flamespear??

RIFTBLADE
* Earth Burst: Now properly interrupts elites and other high level mobs.
* Avatar of Wind: Fixed a bug causing the tooltip of this ability to report improper values.
* Rift Surge: Can now be removed with abilities that remove Curses. Now has a 30 second cooldown instead of 10 seconds and is no longer adjusted by Attack Power.
* Flamespear: Now has a cooldown of 6 seconds and has its damage slightly increased to reflect the longer cooldown.
* Burning Blood: Now deals damage based on 10-30% of the character's Strength.

I dont see what could make the build that bad in there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:21 pm 
Veteran Member

You_Dead_Yet wrote:

RIFTBLADE
* Avatar of Wind: Fixed a bug causing the tooltip of this ability to report improper values.
* Rift Surge: Can now be removed with abilities that remove Curses. Now has a 30 second cooldown instead of 10 seconds and is no longer adjusted by Attack Power.
* Flamespear: Now has a cooldown of 6 seconds and has its damage slightly increased to reflect the longer cooldown.

Flamespear does not currently have a cooldown, which makes it spammable and it is the main attack of a ranged Riftblade. With the cooldown it completely gimps the ranged style of play because there are no other ranged attacks that build attack points.

The idea of a ranged warrior was something that appealed to me and that is why I decided to play that. Now with the cooldown on Flamespear, I need to be in melee range anyway... If I wanted a melee warrior, I'd just play WoW.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:27 pm 
Valued Member

Lempi wrote:
You_Dead_Yet wrote:

RIFTBLADE

Flamespear does not currently have a cooldown, which makes it spammable and it is the main attack of a ranged Riftblade. With the cooldown it completely gimps the ranged style of play because there are no other ranged attacks that build attack points.

The idea of a ranged warrior was something that appealed to me and that is why I decided to play that. Now with the cooldown on Flamespear, I need to be in melee range anyway... If I wanted a melee warrior, I'd just play WoW.

Ok I see your point.

Well what I dont really like with this update, is that they seems to add too much changes to balance the game at the same time. I feel like they should have added bit by bit. Now its like it still wont be balanced.

And it looks like they will loose some customers who already have high level char and wont like what have become their build. I am close to lv30 myself and not sure i wanna restart already from scratch and i still have a long way to 50, so I can understand people frustration.

Tho i read some things that I agree with, like warriors should not have been high dps from start. Warriors are never meant to be high dps in any game, they should tank and all. Mage and rogues should be the dps chars. Now many people went with a warrior build for high dps, they might be screwed with that update.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:28 pm 
Valued Member

Finally they made the cooldown on Flamespear 4 seconds instead of 6, its still not spammable like before but its better.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:18 am 
Loyal Member

This game is amazing omg haha.
This is the best MMO I have ever played hands down.

ZSZC Water - Pure Int S/S 3x
ZSZC Fire - Pure Str Bow 4x
ZSZC Fire - Pure Int Spear 4x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:15 pm 
Veteran Member

Yep, been playing it as well. Havent gotten too far into it just yet, but I am already enjoying it quite a bit. There was just this massive event of all these rifts opening spawning mobs, plus invader forces moving from those rifts to certain areas to spawn their own foothold (which spawns more invasion forces), and so on. The map was insane looking, all these things going on at once. It was kinda like a random event style raid almost. Everyone was trying to close these tears, the two different faction types spawning in (Water and Death) were fighting each other too. And at the end of it, a boss spawns that you have to defeat. And even with 40+ people, hes still hard to take down.

Was absolutely crazy. The customization of classes is great. Im waiting for GW2, and i think this is a great midway between current MMOs and what GW2 will be.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:20 pm 
Veteran Member

1.2 Anounced to start at 10th of May, it includes some invasion updates, LFG tool and Wardrobe tab for example. Also new dungeon

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:55 pm 
Site Contributor

There is now a free 7 day trial if anyone is interested.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:57 pm 
Veteran Member

Addons are comming with patch 1.3, possibly in a week or two!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:02 pm 

TheKnight wrote:
Addons are comming with patch 1.3, possibly in a week or two!

LOL!

I remember all the Recount and DBM hate when I was playing. If anything, this will make the game easier with boss encounters (the final boss upon release was defeated in under a month) and will also help theorycrafters find the most optimal DPS and even healing builds.

This is all assuming that Trion will allow addons that work with encounters and combat logs.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:23 am 
Veteran Member

What I heard, Trion only wants UI mods -.-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:17 am 

Anyone still play this? I'm really bored and am trying the 7 day free trial. Been wanting to try this for a while now. :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:17 am 
Veteran Member

Im playing on Riptalon (EU) server

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:27 pm 
Elite Member

So I take it no one plays this anymore?

It was on sale on steam for 5€ so I got it.

Having a blast so far.

edit: it's 10€ right now, if anyone's interested. (steam)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:54 am 
Veteran Member

I still play Rift sometimes, its awesome!

Atm my account is inactive tough, probably gona resuscrive after 1.7 comes out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:38 am 
Veteran Member

They gave me 30 days for free. I assume some sort of Christmas promotion... Haven't played it since March though after they ruined the only unique feeling class.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:59 am 
Veteran Member

U mean the 6 sec cooldown on flamespear? It is now 4 seconds. And to speak the truth, Riftblade is still pretty powerful build on PvP even without spamable ranged attack.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:20 am 
Loyal Member

Anyone playing this? Downloaded the 7 day trial and its pretty fun so far.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:21 pm 
Veteran Member

My game time ran out few days ago and I havent re subscribed yet because of all the exams in school.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 pm 
Veteran Member

Gona resubsribe some time next week :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next