Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

The Best Mass Effect Game
Mass Effect 1 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Mass Effect 2 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
Mass Effect 3 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 13
 Post subject: Re: The Mass Effect 3 Thread (UPDATED 18/03/2012)- The End!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:46 am 
Ex-Staff

First time I did a silver challenge I didn't notice it was silver. So I jumped into a group of enemies and was baffled why they didn't die with one charged shot. Then I got buttraped and we failed. I tried it like one or two times after but for the rest I stick to bronze. The one time I found a gold challenge I got kicked out immediately fml.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:21 am 
Frequent Member

For those who didn't like the ending - > http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/mass ... ended-cut/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:56 am 
Dom's Slut

Boiler wrote:
For those who didn't like the ending - > http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/mass ... ended-cut/

Wait so am I going to have to beat the game again to watch this shit?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 pm 
Ex-Staff

CrimsonNuker wrote:
Boiler wrote:

Wait so am I going to have to beat the game again to watch this shit?

I assume you can just continue from your safe right before the final assault o.O

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:13 pm 
Frequent Member

Free Multiplayer dlc coming 10th April,

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:10 pm 
Site Contributor

Boiler wrote:
Free Multiplayer dlc coming 10th April,

Damn right its free....no wait i would say for that :rant:

Post subject: Re: The Mass Effect 3 Thread (UPDATED 07/04/2012)- Free DLC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:17 pm 
Site Contributor

Here is what Patrick Weekes (one of the writers of the ME series) said about ME3 and the ending

Code:
“I have nothing to do with the ending beyond a) having argued successfully a long time ago that we needed a chance to say goodbye to our squad, b) having argued successfully that Cortez shouldn’t automatically die in that shuttle crash, and c) having written Tali’s goodbye bit, as well as a couple of the holo-goodbyes for people I wrote (Mordin, Kasumi, Jack, etc).

No other writer did, either, except for our lead. This was entirely the work of our lead and Casey himself, sitting in a room and going through draft after draft.

And honestly, it kind of shows.

Every other mission in the game had to be held up to the rest of the writing team, and the writing team then picked it apart and made suggestions and pointed out the parts that made no sense. This mission? Casey and our lead deciding that they didn’t need to be peer-reviewed

And again, it shows.

If you’d asked me the themes of Mass Effect 3, I’d break them down as:

Galactic Alliances

Friends

Organics versus Synthetics

In my personal opinion, the first two got a perfunctory nod. We did get a goodbye to our friends, but it was in a scene that was divorced from the gameplay — a deliberate “nothing happens here” area with one turret thrown in for no reason I really understand, except possibly to obfuscate the “nothing happens here”-ness. The best missions in our game are the ones in which the gameplay and the narrative reinforce each other. The end of the Genophage campaign exemplifies that for me — every line of dialog is showing you both sides of the krogan, be they horrible brutes or proud warriors; the art shows both their bombed-out wasteland and the beautiful world they once had and could have again; the combat shows the terror of the Reapers as well as a blatant reminder of the rachni, which threatened the galaxy and had to be stopped by the krogan last time. Every line of code in that mission is on target with the overall message.

The endgame doesn’t have that. I wanted to see banshees attacking you, and then have asari gunships zoom in and blow them away. I wanted to see a wave of rachni ravagers come around a corner only to be met by a wall of krogan roaring a battle cry. Here’s the horror the Reapers inflicted upon each race, and here’s the army that you, Commander Shepard, made out of every race in the galaxy to fight them.

I personally thought that the Illusive Man conversation was about twice as long as it needed to be — something that I’ve been told in my peer reviews of my missions and made edits on, but again, this is a conversation no writer but the lead ever saw until it was already recorded. I did love Anderson’s goodbye.

For me, Anderson’s goodbye is where it ended. The stuff with the Catalyst just… You have to understand. Casey is really smart and really analytical. And the problem is that when he’s not checked, he will assume that other people are like him, and will really appreciate an almost completely unemotional intellectual ending. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it.

And then, just to be a dick… what was SUPPOSED to happen was that, say you picked “Destroy the Reapers”. When you did that, the system was SUPPOSED to look at your score, and then you’d show a cutscene of Earth that was either:

a) Very high score: Earth obviously damaged, but woo victory

b) Medium score: Earth takes a bunch of damage from the Crucible activation. Like dropping a bomb on an already war-ravaged city. Uh, well, maybe not LIKE that as much as, uh, THAT.

c) Low score: Earth is a cinderblock, all life on it completely wiped out

I have NO IDEA why these different cutscenes aren’t in there. As far as I know, they were never cut. Maybe they were cut for budget reasons at the last minute. I don’t know. But holy crap, yeah, I can see how incredibly disappointing it’d be to hear of all the different ending possibilities and have it break down to “which color is stuff glowing?” Or maybe they ARE in, but they’re too subtle to really see obvious differences, and again, that’s… yeah.

Okay, that’s a lot to have written for something that’s gonna go away in an hour.

I still teared up at the ending myself, but really, I was tearing up for the quick flashbacks to old friends and the death of Anderson. I wasn’t tearing up over making a choice that, as it turned out, didn’t have enough cutscene differentiation on it.

And to be clear, I don’t even really wish Shepard had gotten a ride-off-into-sunset ending. I was honestly okay with Shepard sacrificing himself. I just expected it to be for something with more obvious differentiation, and a stronger tie to the core themes — all three of them.”

Post subject: Re: The Mass Effect 3 Thread (UPDATED 07/04/2012)- Free DLC
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:10 pm 
Forum Legend

Playing through the first game, I've been missing out. :)

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:28 am 
Chronicle Writer

Spoiler!

srry i just assumed i was late to the party

Last edited by XemnasXD on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Mass Effect 3 Thread (10/04/2012)- New Poll
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:15 am 
Ex-Staff

Spoilers wouldn't be a bad idea mate =p

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 pm 
Site Contributor

What do you guys think about the multiplayer? i enjoy it and with a good team it is fun.

anyway fancy a game sometime?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:03 pm 
Site Contributor

I love and hate the multiplayer.

I hate the fact that packs give me nothing but an error sometimes and I waste yet another 60k. I hate when my character desyncs (floats off the map) and the round is ruined for me, and I hate how this game force closes mid to near the end of a round sometimes.

Other than that I love the multiplayer. With a good team (which is rare) it is really fun. My fav class so far to play is infiltrator, then vanguard, then soldier (all human). Bioware just needs to fix a couple bugs and then it would be perfecto, then they could slowly add DLC content like they did last week with new maps/guns. I'm hoping for new gametypes in the future, that would be fun.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:33 pm 
Ex-Staff

^ never had that happen to me before o.O Then again I haven't played that many matches yet.

I like the multiplayer, it's online but it's not very rage inducing like CoD x) I enjoyed my OP Krogan Soldier with Geth Plasma Shotgun :sohappy: . Now I'm quite fond of my Geth Engineer, the turret is epic, just throw it down and it'll get the kills/assists for you xD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:31 pm 
Forum Legend

I've gotten like 20 spectre packs not one error. That's weird.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:37 am 
Site Contributor

What systems are you guys playing on? I'm playing on PC using Origin.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:43 am 
Forum Legend

EDIT: Whoops

Last edited by William-CL on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:49 am 
Site Contributor

William-CL wrote:
I'm on Xbox. Which is probably why I hate the patch. Too many tickets in almost every game. Only two maps can really take advantage of that on Xbox. Siene and Metro. I cannot wait for the close quarters map. That is going to be sweet. One of the best times I have, is the constant exchanging of 'B' on metro conquest. Especially when both teams are pretty equal. Constant action is what I love.

Wrong thread bro.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:06 am 
Ex-Staff

Avalanche wrote:
William-CL wrote:
I'm on Xbox. Which is probably why I hate the patch. Too many tickets in almost every game. Only two maps can really take advantage of that on Xbox. Siene and Metro. I cannot wait for the close quarters map. That is going to be sweet. One of the best times I have, is the constant exchanging of 'B' on metro conquest. Especially when both teams are pretty equal. Constant action is what I love.

Wrong thread bro.

Idd I was quite confused o.O I thought those were new maps and a new gametype lol xD

Anyway I play on xbox, I bought tons of packs, both with credits and MS, never have gotten an error o.o

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:54 am 
Forum Legend

Avalanche wrote:
William-CL wrote:

Wrong thread bro.

how the hell did that happen lol.

I think I was just reading the Bf3 thread and still had in my head.. plus you mentioned origin which is also used for bf3 lol..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:43 am 
Site Contributor

Avalanche wrote:
What systems are you guys playing on? I'm playing on PC using Origin.

Same here, i get connection erros some times, but i find if i quit the game and then restart Origins then everything works just fine.

Post subject: Re: The Mass Effect 3 Thread (18/05/2012)- No DLC tomorrow
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 4:47 pm 
Site Contributor

Mass Effect 3 Rebellion DLC Details Aren't True

oday supposed details on a "Rebellion" DLC pack for Mass Effect 3 hit the web. Don't get too excited, though. BioWare says that these details are inaccurate, though.

Sony's Hong Kong website stated that "Rebellion" was an expansion for the game's co-op mode arriving today. It would add two new maps, Firebase Jade and Firebase Goddess, set in a jungle reservoir and on Thessia, respectively. New equipment, including three weapons, was also promised. The most interesting part, though, was that its six new classes included Vorcha and Phoenix characters.

Both the Vorcha and Phoenix have never been playable before. The Vorcha are a primitive, warrior species seen briefly in Mass Effect 3's campaign. As for the Phoenix, well, who knows what they are. The prospect of a never-before-seen race made the "Rebellion" DLC a source of great interest among gamers.

However, BioWare quickly shot down this rumor. Community manager Chris Priestly said this on the company's forums: "Sorry folks, this is not true. There is no ME3 MP DLC coming out tomorrow. This is the internet and you cannot 'unsee' things, but the details in this are not correct."

Priestly's statement doesn't necessarily mean that "Rebellion" is fake. It might still exist in some form. I can't imagine Sony's listing was completely fabricated. Still, if this DLC is real, it won't be coming out today. You'll have to find some other way to pass the time.

Post subject: Re: The Mass Effect 3 Thread (14/06/2012)- Ending is okay
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:20 pm 
Site Contributor

Mass Effect 3 ending OK'd by UK ad bureau

Advertising Standards Authority says claims of individualized finale to sci-fi trilogy were not misleading; EA says ending variation takes place over final 3-5 hours of gameplay.

The UK Advertising Standards Authority has weighed in on complaints about the ending of Mass Effect 3, saying that Electronic Arts' promises of player decisions shaping the conclusion of the sci-fi role-playing trilogy were not misleading.
Where does the end of Mass Effect 3 begin?

After Mass Effect 3's March debut, fans vocally expressed their distaste for the endgame, saying the conclusion (which was capped off by one of three largely similar cutscenes) did not support player choices made over the course of the trilogy. Specifically at issue for the ASA were claims on the game's website that player decisions "completely shape your experience and outcome," and "drive powerful outcomes, including relationships with key characters, the fate of entire civilizations, and even radically different ending scenarios." Before ultimately concluding that the ad was not misleading, the ASA explained its position.

The ASA acknowledged the complainants' belief that players' choices in the game did not influence the outcome to the extent claimed by EA. However, we considered that the three choices at the end of the game were thematically quite different, and that the availability and effectiveness of those choices would be directly determined by a player's [Effective Military Strength] score, which was calculated with reference to previous performance in the game(s). We also acknowledged that there appeared to be a large number of minor variations in the end stages of ME3, and that those were directly impacted by choices made by players earlier in the game(s). Whilst we acknowledged that the advertiser had placed particular emphasis on the role that player choices would play in determining the outcome of the game, we considered that most consumers would realise there would be a finite number of possible outcomes within the game and, because we considered that the advertiser had shown that players' previous choices and performance would impact on the ending of the game, we concluded that the ad was not misleading.

Electronic Arts also offered its own defense of the ad, telling the ASA that it considered the ending of Mass Effect 3 to take place over the final three to five hours of the game, and not just in the very last cutscene. A portion of the publisher's spoiler-filled explanation follows below.

[Electronic Arts] said the effectiveness of the choice made was also dependent on the EMS score, for example whether the main character "Shepard" would survive and whether the Earth was destroyed. They said there were also a large number of other, more minor, variations. In particular, they explained how the outcome of the Geth/Quarian Campaign and the Genophage Campaign would impact on the cinematic experience at the end of the game, and the implied end state of the player's story. They said that characters who had died during previous games in the series, as a result of player actions, would not be present in ME3, and that other actions in previous games could also lead to the death of supporting characters in the game.

A Better Business Bureau representative said in April that Mass Effect 3's ending had been falsely advertised, but the US group differs from the ASA in that it has no legal authority to impose sanctions on companies.

Regardless, BioWare is revisiting the ending of Mass Effect 3 this summer with free "Extended Cut" downloadable content intended to expand on the RPG's endgame through "cinematic sequences and epilogue scenes."

Post subject: Re: The Mass Effect 3 Thread (18/05/2012)- Ending is okay
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 pm 
Frequent Member

I played the extended cut and well... i liked it :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:11 pm 
Ex-Staff

Me too. Glad Bioware was willing to give us some much needed closure on the endings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:37 am 
Site Contributor

Meh, it is better but not quite what I expected. All the choices you made still come to 4 pre determined endings. And it is OBVIOUS Bioware wants you to choose the synthetic ending as it is the best. If you choose to destroy or ignore the child, Bioware basically flips you off for destroying their "artistic vision".

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 pm 
Site Contributor

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mass Effect 3 Extended Endings

Below are the extending endings to Mass Effect 3, only click on them if you have played the game before and cant be bothered playing through again

SPOILERS

destroy ending

Synthesis

control

refuse

Post subject: Re: The Mass Effect 3 Thread (27/06/2012)- Extended Endings!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:56 am 
Forum Legend

I like how the post about Rebellion being fake is actually wrong lol. It was very much true.

Also, played the extended cut and if ppl still bitch, well suck it up. Was pretty dam nice and answered all of my questions.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:07 pm 
Site Contributor

One thing i didnt understand, why was the order given for all the ships to jump away from earth just as the crucible was firing?

wtf about all the humans, krogan, turians and other races fighting to death of Earth? are we really expected to believe that they would just leave them all behind to die?

What a weak and awful way to explain why the Normandy is on some random jungle planet.... ¬_¬

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:25 am 
Site Contributor

satman83 wrote:
One thing i didnt understand, why was the order given for all the ships to jump away from earth just as the crucible was firing?

wtf about all the humans, krogan, turians and other races fighting to death of Earth? are we really expected to believe that they would just leave them all behind to die?

What a weak and awful way to explain why the Normandy is on some random jungle planet.... ¬_¬

Indeed. The ending is left to a lot of interpretation...

My guess is this:
The crucible was deemed as a weapon to destroy all reapers. They didn't know about the stupid ghost kid and all its options. If the crucible was "fired" and all the reapers destroyed, maybe they were afraid of the explosions or the debris it would send into their ships? That makes the most sense to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:30 pm 
Forum Legend

I am very satisfied with it. Bioware didn't have to explain anything really, but they did.

There are rumors about another DLC called Leviathan about a reaper that becomes a traitor amongst the reapers for killing one of his own. Speculation that it will answer the question of whether Shepard is alive or not. However that is really players choice, 3 different endings and only one shows him taking a breathe..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next