Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: GTA 5 Annocuned
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:56 pm 
Ex-Staff

That's the biggest bottleneck for me...I have to play solo right now which makes it pretty boring. Most of my time I'm waiting in a lobby, or just loading online after leaving a lobby ._. No fun when you're just sitting here waiting to play.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:24 pm 
Frequent Member

I've only been able to log onto solo sessions lately, which kind of defeats the entire purpose of online multiplayer. I just spend an hour of so trying to connect to online but it fails everytime.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:21 am 
Frequent Member

so funny story, i was playing today and tried to leave my session and join a friends game, got a cloud server error. retried, didn't work. went back to single player, then went to dashboard to reload the game because that had worked for me the day before..

character disappeared. gone, poof. social club has all my stuff gone as well besides stuff like total rp earned and activity stats. general stats, skills, money, all 0. not being able to play the game is one thing.. randomly having your progress deleted at the bat of an eye is another.

if my character doesn't come back when the dust settles in the next day or so i'm probably just going to call it as far as online goes, which is sad because when it works it's amazing fun. but this is ridiculous.

edit: and after hundreds/thousands seemingly lose their characters we have an answer:
Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:03 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2:25
just 2:25. The rest isn't really anything special, but this was just amazing.

and gta5 bedtime stories with fake morgan freeman

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:53 am 
Dom's Slut

So damn hard to make money online :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:48 pm 
Frequent Member

CrimsonNuker wrote:

Especially now that they took away the mission replay. What the hell are they thinking over at Rockstar?

Just found out today that survival missions will pay 20k if you survive up till wave 10. It takes about an hour, but it's pretty fun and it's the best way to make money now without replay. I was making 9k every ten minutes before :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:53 pm 
Dom's Slut

Ganja wrote:
CrimsonNuker wrote:

Especially now that they took away the mission replay. What the hell are they thinking over at Rockstar?

Just found out today that survival missions will pay 20k if you survive up till wave 10. It takes about an hour, but it's pretty fun and it's the best way to make money now without replay. I was making 9k every ten minutes before :(

You can still replay, it's just a matter of time before they patch that as well too.

Right after the mission finishes and you get to the scoreboard, you and everybody in the room must like/dislike/no vote and then press R2 immediately after, if you don't see RESTART as your option, you didn't do it right.

Reddit has a GTA V replay (mission) subreddit
http://www.reddit.com/r/GTAReplay/

They nerfed that coke mission that gives you like 14k though, it only gives you 3k now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:00 pm 
Frequent Member

Not sure if you've been on today but, there was a patch that removed that.

That's why i said I can no longer replay missions.

I just found out about that sub today and now it's useless because of the new patch.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 pm 
Dom's Slut

Ganja wrote:
Not sure if you've been on today but, there was a patch that removed that.

That's why i said I can no longer replay missions.

I just found out about that sub today and now it's useless because of the new patch.

-sigh- yep. Survival missions all day now

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:44 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

if u can find a level 45, 75 at those levels there is a mission you can do that gives pretty nice cash and rp l45 = 18k cash/3.5k rp .. l75 = 25kcash forgot the amount of rp, you cant replay anymore like said but if u keep ringing martin he might give u the mission again (sometimes he gives the lawyer one) abit slower since u have to load the mission each time but its faster than survival by a mile and it gets the job done, if u have friends 45 or so as well its even easier to get the mission since there is more than 1 person calling him up so more chances to get the mission. I couldnt abuse the replay like some did but i used it abit when i could got my 400k apartment and almost got enough now for my XF. Using this method when it was easily replayable there are so many people who are lv100+ and 5mil+ cash tho i dont think i would have used it that much since it takes the fun out of it.

p.s you need like 3 ppl minimum to do it effectfivly, the lv 45 mission called mixed up with coke if i remember and the 75 is called rooftop something, you can search it up on youtube.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:57 am 
Frequent Member

not sure how i feel about the back to back to back(?) mission nerfs or how they went about them. maybe actually balancing rewards (some really difficult missions give 2k while something like violent duct was giving 9k) or giving diminishing returns on the mission and resetting it daily or every few hours would have been the way to go.

really unimpressed with rockstar as a whole so far on this, multiplayer and pr surrounding it doesn't seem to be their strong suit. part of me wishes they took all the effort from making gta online and put it into making a better SP.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:38 am 
Dom's Slut

Yup, did the MUWC mission a bunch of times last night, saved up enough for a swanky apartment in the Weezel building :3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:30 am 
Frequent Member

Bizz wrote:
if u can find a level 45, 75 at those levels there is a mission you can do that gives pretty nice cash and rp l45 = 18k cash/3.5k rp .. l75 = 25kcash forgot the amount of rp, you cant replay anymore like said but if u keep ringing martin he might give u the mission again (sometimes he gives the lawyer one) abit slower since u have to load the mission each time but its faster than survival by a mile and it gets the job done, if u have friends 45 or so as well its even easier to get the mission since there is more than 1 person calling him up so more chances to get the mission. I couldnt abuse the replay like some did but i used it abit when i could got my 400k apartment and almost got enough now for my XF. Using this method when it was easily replayable there are so many people who are lv100+ and 5mil+ cash tho i dont think i would have used it that much since it takes the fun out of it.

p.s you need like 3 ppl minimum to do it effectfivly, the lv 45 mission called mixed up with coke if i remember and the 75 is called rooftop something, you can search it up on youtube.

I bet this will be nerfed by the next patch as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:26 am 
Frequent Member

^close actually, new patch just dropped - ton of missions got their payouts cut by half. (base invaders, no hay bronca, titan) just to name a few. ho ho ho

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:27 am 
Dom's Slut

1.04 released, a lot of glitches have been patched, most notably, the LSC car selling glitch is no longer available.
A "cheaters lobby" is where all those who have been caught cheating/glitching (mission farming, not included) will be put for a set amount of time. Not sure if they will wipe characters or not.
MANY missions have had their rewards slashed in half, making it EVEN more abysmal to farm money. R$ trying pave way for people to buy their cash cards.
EXP/Win farming via Criminal Activities race is still available afaik.
I have noticed that when you rob convenience stores, there is an extremely higher chance that a vigilante will spawn and try to shoot you down; thus making hold ups a 2 man job now (for safe measure).
Hospital bills have also been reported to have been reduced (finally).
No word about heists.

This patch has mostly been nerfing the amount of money you're able to legitimately or illegitimately make in the game, exp farming has remained untouched - Rock$tar.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:26 pm 
Frequent Member

didn't hear about hospital bills being lower that's the first step in the right direction yet if confirmed. lol'd irl at more vigilante's from robbing a store for a measly ~1k. i was defending micro-transactions before the game came out, "surely rockstar can manage the balance well and won't try to force anyone to buy them"

..so young, so naive.

at this rate my precious races are next on the reward/fun chopping block.
i've heard there's still a way to glitch $$ from LSC, might just do that. if this is how they're going to run online it's probably worth the risk honestly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:47 pm 
Dom's Slut

iSinnnn wrote:
didn't hear about hospital bills being lower that's the first step in the right direction yet if confirmed. lol'd irl at more vigilante's from robbing a store for a measly ~1k. i was defending micro-transactions before the game came out, "surely rockstar can manage the balance well and won't try to force anyone to buy them"

..so young, so naive.

i've heard there's still a way to glitch $$ from LSC, might just do that. if this is how they're going to run online it's probably worth the risk honestly.

Haven't heard about a new LSC glitch.
Hospital bills being reduced has been confirmed, you can lose a maximum of $500 now. While running around with 200k in the bank, my hospital bill has been a comfortable $350

Could be a single time thing, but I noticed that there is a lot more military force being used against you when you drop into a military base to get a fighter jet or something. I tried today and got blown up by a tank while still in the hanger (first time it has happened to me).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:31 pm 
Frequent Member

Ever since they took away "instant" replay, I have been playing races mostly. It's the funnest and fastest way to make money and earn rep. I pretty much have all I can buy at my current rep. I need to rank up more than I need money.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:53 am 
Ex-Staff

Bah I didn't get that 500k :/ Also I was in a lobby with a rank 88 guy, is that even possible lol?

Nvm about the 500k... apparently they didn't give that out yet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:08 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

I've been playing GTA 5 for about 4 days now and quick question are there wing suits in GTA 5?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:50 am 
Dom's Slut

XMoshe wrote:
Bah I didn't get that 500k :/ Also I was in a lobby with a rank 88 guy, is that even possible lol?

Nvm about the 500k... apparently they didn't give that out yet.

Yeah, 500k is delivered with 2 separate payments of 250k which is kinda dumb.

Matchmaking in this game is non-existent.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:31 pm 
Frequent Member

sooo afraid to play this weekend after reading multiple gta forums and hearing about progress unsaved/cars disappearing/character deletion.

want to earn another ~200k at least before the full stimulus comes so i can buy an entity and have enough to mod it. using a fully modded double t/fusilade for races at the moment (although it doesn't matter near as much with catchup on, still seems like it helps a little outside of first)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:20 pm 
Elite Member

Catchup doesn't do anything at all so far as I've noticed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:57 pm 
Frequent Member

i didn't notice it much at first either but it definitely has a pretty big effect, more so on straights than turns. race something with a long straight after a few hard turns and if you pull away watch them all come flying up passed you. then half a mile out watch your car suddenly be 1.5x faster than theirs and repeat the process until someone wins at the end.

no seriously i hate catchup in everything but gta race.

skip to 4:44 and watch until 5:32 to see a perfect example of it in action

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:36 am 
Forum Legend

How active is online still? Would it be worth 40-60$ I'm itself?
I played my cousins copy. It's epic as ever but nothing I can't buy later - though I did spend 2 hours trying a steal a jet from the LAX.

Also I'm looking through craiglist for this game and people keep mentioning atomic blimp codes. How do i make sure this code still works if I were to buy it from someone else?

Thanks

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:06 am 
Dom's Slut

TheDrop wrote:
How active is online still? Would it be worth 40-60$ I'm itself?
I played my cousins copy. It's epic as ever but nothing I can't buy later - though I did spend 2 hours trying a steal a jet from the LAX.

Also I'm looking through craiglist for this game and people keep mentioning atomic blimp codes. How do i make sure this code still works if I were to buy it from someone else?

Thanks

You can't. The code isn't covered by some scratch-off foil.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:45 am 
Frequent Member

iSinnnn wrote:

aaaand done as of the latest patch for online. heard they nerfed survival payouts a bit too, didn't even care to research it further. as of today i wouldn't recommend anyone get this game solely for online play and would have hesitated greatly before they nerfed every way to make money by almost half. maybe the people who didn't play with real reward payouts will be able to handle it, dunno.

their online model points heavily towards 'yo buy our cashcards' and $ goes a lot further than time, or skill, or grind.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:01 am 
Elite Member

So the game is finally releasing on pc in about 3 weeks, anyone else actually buying it rather than the p word ? I will actually probably pre purchase before the 31st just to support good work.

Glad I waited for the extra graphic swag =)

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:14 pm 
Elite Member

I won't buy it. Not that it is not a good game - I'm sure it is.
But with Star Wars: Battlefront 3 coming up soon, I won't have time for GTA V :sohappy:

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:44 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Despite how stupidly excited I am for the game, I'll wait with the purchase. Not because I'm a smart consumer that wants to hear state of the game before I purchase it, but because I want to upgrade my PC first :P
I want to experience the game in all it's beauty, so I'll buy new computer parts before I play.

Unfortunately I'm rather slow with buying new parts, so it'll probably be months before I get to it T_T.
I hope multiplayer isn't dead by the time I get to it lol.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next