Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: GTA 5 Annocuned
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:35 am 
Ex-Staff

I do have a few problems with GTA V.. My biggest annoyance is the money situation. On one of the characters you earn a shitton of money relatively early in the game. Yet since then all the missions I did either gave a few k, or nothing at all. All the mayor heists we did afterwards were for other people so now I'm sitting with a few items and places but no cash anymore while I'm nearing 60% completion ._.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:50 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

i usually lurk in the shadows but i thought this wouldbe helpfull for you xmoshe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2sv3ssJpk i have a couple of mils each char

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:09 am 
Dom's Slut

Bizz wrote:
i usually lurk in the shadows but i thought this wouldbe helpfull for you xmoshe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2sv3ssJpk i have a couple of mils each char

Yup, this.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:03 pm 
Ex-Staff

I figured out the Assassination way, too bad I already completed most of them before I figured it out. Thanks for the vid though, I'll give it a try but I honestly hope there are better, or actually, more fun ways to get a lot of money. If stock market was my thing I'd be dealing with real money lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:36 pm 
Dom's Slut

You can't replay the heists and still get money for it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:10 pm 
Elite Member

Want to play this but not dropping 60 bucks for it. Looking forward to getting it for 30 or so eventually =D

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:20 pm 
Ex-Staff

CrimsonNuker wrote:
You can't replay the heists and still get money for it?

Never tried if that's possible.

I just finished the game. Good thing probably, I was seriously starting to get pissed off at the dialogues. Trevor/Michael that keep screaming at eachother, that retard Jamal using the n-word atleast twicer per sentence. Not to mention that idiot of a son Jimmy, whore of a daughter and bitch of a wife. Ye... I surely wont replay this game for the genius storyline.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:34 am 
Dom's Slut

Love wrote:
Want to play this but not dropping 60 bucks for it. Looking forward to getting it for 30 or so eventually =D

GTA IV is still $20 retail. LOL
The least I see it going is $39.99 and that's during Boxing Day/Black Friday

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:22 am 
Elite Member

I already got a coupon for 20% off and seen Craig list posts for around 40, is just a matter of having too many good games at this point that I can replay til it drops. Would be lying if I said this isn't one of those situations where I would pay release price but yeah other things have my attention at this moment.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:45 am 
Forum Legend

^++++++++
I can see this staying 60$ until like next summer though o_o.
If I buy it used, does that mean I have to pay to play online (like EA's stupid 10$ pass)?

Let her suck my pistol
She open up her mouth and then I blow her brains out

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:52 am 
Dom's Slut

TheDrop wrote:
^++++++++
I can see this staying 60$ until like next summer though o_o.
If I buy it used, does that mean I have to pay to play online (like EA's stupid 10$ pass)?

For a game this magnitude staying $60 until next summer isn't doubtful, but that's not to say there will be plenty of 10-20$ discounts along the way.

There's no online pass for this, thank God.

Spoke too soon, micro-transactions incoming, fuck.

http://kotaku.com/data-leak-hints-at-mi ... 1373827097

Makes 1 billion dollars off the game, NEED MOAR MONEY.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:42 am 
Ex-Staff

Also EA scrapped their online passes for all games AFAIK.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:04 pm 
Frequent Member

at about 50% completion, loving the game. sort of miss gta4's driving style but i don't mind them going back to the arcade roots either.

anyone think franklin's voice doesn't fit the character? kinda bugs me everytime i hear his dialogue.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:27 pm 
Frequent Member

Got to about 70% and realized I had very little money, 1 million on each character, so I decided to go start over so I can get the most money I can with the assassination missions.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:40 pm 
Ex-Staff

Ganja wrote:
Got to about 70% and realized I had very little money, 1 million on each character, so I decided to go start over so I can get the most money I can with the assassination missions.

Wait untill after the final mission.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:08 am 
Frequent Member

I'm gonna do all the heists then invest that money into stocks and do the assassination missions to get the most money possible. It's supposed to be around 1.3b.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:29 pm 
Ex-Staff

Anyone else having trouble with the first 'mission' on GTA Online? I have to race against other people but it gets stuck at 'waiting for other players' ._. And yes I gave it up to 15mins once for it to find people.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:16 pm 
Frequent Member

Mine just says i failed to connect to server every time. Apparently this is happening to us poor PS3 users because xbox always gets all the attention.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:12 am 
Veteran Member

XMoshe wrote:
Anyone else having trouble with the first 'mission' on GTA Online? I have to race against other people but it gets stuck at 'waiting for other players' ._. And yes I gave it up to 15mins once for it to find people.

Took me about 10-15 mins. Ive had others say they waited for almost an hour. When i finally got in, I just raced Lamar. But its attempting to connect you with those players that keep popping up and disappearing. I have 2 friends who can't get past that loading area.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:05 am 
Dom's Slut

I have an android phone and a ps3, fml.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:48 pm 
Ex-Staff

hitokiri wrote:
XMoshe wrote:

Took me about 10-15 mins. Ive had others say they waited for almost an hour. When i finally got in, I just raced Lamar. But its attempting to connect you with those players that keep popping up and disappearing. I have 2 friends who can't get past that loading area.

Right now I'm just stuck on a blurred screen of Los Santos with 'waiting for other players' in the bottom right corner... I've been in that 'waiting circle' a few times with people jumping in/out and/or leaving after a while. I stood there for a good 20-30mins and nothing happened. This was last night atleast, gonna leave it at this screen for a while, see what it does..If I can't get through tonight I'll try again during the weekend or after that when the traffic died down.

Btw XBL Gold is free this weekend so if you want to play GTA Online there's your chance. Assuming you get through obviously.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:56 pm 
Frequent Member

yeah i can't get the first race to start, last night or today. a little disappointed, i expected some pretty big bugs for the first week or two but i didn't think i wouldn't get to play at all. hopefully it gets fixed enough to be played soon because it seems like a good time

edit: i'm on xbox 360. not feeling the "preferential treatment" right now

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:08 pm 
Ex-Staff

Woot I was finally able to do a few things, it's still a bit buggy though. At one point I was completely invisble so you just saw a handgun floating around.. Later a match didn't want to 'download' so I gave up for now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:07 pm 
Frequent Member

I played for a few hours earlier it's pretty fun when you're not getting murdered all the time. Let's rob some shit.

PSN: A-BiG-FLOPPi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:19 pm 
Frequent Member

for those who finally did get it working, did you do anything other than just try to load the character you made whenever? like, did you create a whole new character? still wasn't able to get it working today but i didn't try anything other than loading my original character. yesterday i probably went through 2 TU deletions and 5 new characters so i'm kind of just giving up and trying once a day at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:15 am 
Frequent Member

I waited for people to join my session for about thirty minutes until the game just gave up I guess and let me race Lamar by myself. After that you can roam around.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:46 pm 
Ex-Staff

I have made 2 chars and just alternated between them. Yesterday when I got home I started up the game, went straight into online (you can tell the game to load online right after it shows those 3 lines about gamesaving icons) and it just instantly loaded me in a race with lamar. I got lucky I guess. I've heard about some crazy ways to supposely fix it but even then it only works for some people, not all.

I would just try once in a while and wait for them to fix the bugs.. It really is kind of sad it's this bad.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:16 pm 
Frequent Member

There was another patch today that should, hopefully, fix any problems people are having.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:06 am 
Ex-Staff

Nearly lvl 10 biatches! Although I've seen lvl, or rank, 27-29 in the game ._. Crazy mofo's

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:39 pm 
Frequent Member

was finally able to get passed the race with lamar sometime early yesterday, level 15 i think now? bought the $87k apartment and am now pretty broke.

loving online, tons of fun with a pretty good amount of variety.. at least it surpassed my expectations in most categories. playing with a few friends and have already had some insanely hilarious moments.

looking forward a couple of months though, wondering how much the game is going to change once the majority get a lot of the stuff available. would hate to see it devolve to only free-roam fighting or something. hopefully content creator keeps things fresh for a lot of people.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next