Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dragon Nest
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:02 am 

I'm sure, somewhere around here lies a DN thread -- most likely buried underneath 6 feet of inactive threads -- that hasn't been seen for a long, long time. So here's a new one.

I've heard about DN a while ago but I haven't had the time to play again until recently. I started about 3 weeks ago (Tinkerer class release) and so far, I find it to be a great game. It's pretty much MMORPG-meets-hack'n'slash console action. PVE is less grind-ier than other MMOs since it's basically a bunch of different dungeons and the PVP system has several modes: FFA, Captain, Capture, Ghoul and all of them can be set as equalized (all players have same stats, regardless of items/bonuses) or not. I currently have a Lv40 Sword Master and an Engineer. So far, the only negative/annoying aspect of the game is the gender-locked classes and, well..Nexon runs it.

Some random pvp video I pulled up.

PVE: Apocalypse Nest

s
New class (Tinkerer: Engineer Sub-classs)

Post subject: Re: Dragon Nest
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:50 am 
Addicted Member

I know i saw a thread from the Beta of this game, we got a dozen of people playing it from srf but most left for the epicly low cap of the beta (level 24 was the max for a month).

Is it still available to North America only btw?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:41 am 

im also intrested with a friend.... inky do u want to hook me up with ur name and realm etc... send me a pm with more info or your contact details and maybe we can get something sorted =)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:41 pm 
Advanced Member

I use to play a while ago. I have a level 32 Mystic, Sharpshooter, and Acrobat. I didn't like how annoying the enemies were becoming and the terrible voice actors made me regret having ears. I quit to play another action MMO. Great game though. In terms of combat, it's probably the best 3D action MMO out there right now. I know a lot of people like Tera's combat but DN's combat makes Tera's combat feel sluggish in comparison.

I may come back when they finally get the 50 cap.

What you do or say in any game is a small extension of who you really are. It's the anonymity that can allow them to show their true self, or who they would be if there was no "penalty" for their actions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:11 pm 

ignore my previous post... its usa/canada only and im from the uk so i cant play...

thanks dragons nest -.-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:53 pm 

Lol I have guildies from the UK and Asia who play on the NA version. Probably uses something to mask their IP before connecting. The 50 cap will probably take a while to get here since they might add the Sea Dragon Nest before that -- unless both updates are implemented at the same time. You need a full party of well geared people to get through Sea Dragon. I have nearly all the equips I want on my Sword Master so the only problem now is getting them to at least +9 per piece (Apocalypse Nest Gear set + 2 epic Varnaks).

If you guys are interested, I'm on Gerrant (East) server and my IGN is "NikoStark" (SM) and "JujikaSteam" (EG).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:52 am 
Frequent Member

The skill voice acting in that PVP video, kill me now :banghead:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:04 pm 

Lol yep. The English version is a bit more tolerable but I keep mine on minimum. It does help in PVP since it lets me know sometimes which attack is being used.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:47 am 

I hate how it's heavily instanced, but I'm not sure if it still is since the last time I played it was also in the beta. Have to agree with Da_Realest too, the game's combat system is more fluid than TERA's.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:46 am 

There are pros and cons to not having a shared grinding map:

Pros:
No KS (especially from bots), bosses are not monopolized by top guilds, no need for hours of boring grinding on respawning mobs (like in SRO).

Cons:
No option for forced PK (player kill; can be a pro depending on your views of PKing), not much to explore and the game feels less like a virtual world.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:32 am 
Veteran Member

Well 60 cap was out for few weeks so im wondering if someone is playing this, consider it a bump lol

HUUU MADE THIS SIG?? Amarisa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:43 am 
Veteran Member

I used to play in the 24 cap. I remember it was pretty fun. Might play again if anyone is playing anymore.

SRO Salvation:
VietB
Vietx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:17 pm 
Veteran Member

vietxboy911 wrote:
I used to play in the 24 cap. I remember it was pretty fun. Might play again if anyone is playing anymore.

Yeah i played in the 24 cap, in DN SEA and the game felt p2w..
But now, i cant ask for smthn better :)..
Edit: but u still have to be well aware of what you are doing in order to utilize the free stuff u get, and ull be really satisfied :D

HUUU MADE THIS SIG?? Amarisa