Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Counter Strike collection (1.6,CZ,Source,GO) for $18.69!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:37 pm 
Dom's Slut

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/16019/

Post subject: Re: Counter Strike collection (1.6,CZ,Source,GO) for $18.69!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:02 pm 
Forum God

I want to buy it but I don't know if it would be worth buying the others or not. (I've playing source/1.6)

woutR wrote:
Squirt, you're a genius when it comes to raping women.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:09 pm 
Site Contributor

Squirt wrote:
I want to buy it but I don't know if it would be worth buying the others or not. (I've playing source/1.6)

Ditto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:44 am 
Dom's Slut

CS:GO is $15 original price; which makes the other games essentially around $1 each, but if you own all the other games, just get CS:GO when it comes out :P

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:26 am 
Forum God

Has anyone here tried GO? I know they use the Source engine, how ever what I've heard they also tried to implent the old 1.6 feel in movement, jumping etc? I haven't really been checking anything out about GO, but if they do get the 1.6 movement it may be worth checking out, otherwise no, not even 15 bucks is worth spending then.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:20 am 
Frequent Member

Try searching for CS:GO in youtube and see couple of tournaments / gameplay. I think they successfully bring back the 1.6 feeling into the game.

[Guide] Bards Explained

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:21 am 
Forum Legend

CS:GO is out? Too much fun on Source with friends, should totally pick this up.

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:40 am 
Forum God

Swindler wrote:
Has anyone here tried GO? I know they use the Source engine, how ever what I've heard they also tried to implent the old 1.6 feel in movement, jumping etc? I haven't really been checking anything out about GO, but if they do get the 1.6 movement it may be worth checking out, otherwise no, not even 15 bucks is worth spending then.

I believe I've seen Dom launch it on Steam a couple of times

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/domcss

actually....

woutR wrote:
Squirt, you're a genius when it comes to raping women.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:47 am 
Site Contributor

I've played a couple hours of CS:GO. It's fun, but still same feel as the old CS games, which is good. I like playing CS:GO in source.5 graphics, but I wish they would have saved it for "Source 2"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:01 pm 
Dom's Slut

Gaigemasta wrote:
I've played a couple hours of CS:GO. It's fun, but still same feel as the old CS games, which is good. I like playing CS:GO in source.5 graphics, but I wish they would have saved it for "Source 2"

CS:GO = CS:CZ

Anyone?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:54 pm 

Gaigemasta wrote:

"Source 2" is actually what it's running on in case you didn't know. Source 2 is in reference to the version of Source beyond L4D. I'm sure if they make a Source^2 they'll make a bundle of new games. I'd love to see Day of Defeat, but I wouldn't care for a remake in the current version of Source.

As for CS:GO.. well you could either wait 3 months and it'll probably be 50-75% off. Good things about CS:GO is that it has match making and it'll put you up with 5vs5. I don't recall if they implemented ELO rankings yet in the beta, but it's supposed to have it.. I think. $15 for the make over and slight changes? Meh. I didn't play much so call me a casual or whatever. It's far better than source in my casual opinion. Though I still prefer 1.6, probably due to nostalgia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:02 pm 
Site Contributor

Actually it's still the source engine, just modified one of L4D2 source remake. I refer to source 2 as the engine which half-life 3 will be released on. I referred to it as source.5 if you read my post more closely.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:49 am 
Ex-Staff

I played some CS:GO and i really wasn't a big fan of it. It might be that i am just used to source so i have to get used to it all but the score screen and other UI stuff i did not care for and was really bad in some spots but then again it was beta. The gameplay was "okay", the graphics style i didn't care for. It has a more modern look that i just don't care for personally.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:20 am 

Gaigemasta wrote:
Actually it's still the source engine, just modified one of L4D2 source remake. I refer to source 2 as the engine which half-life 3 will be released on. I referred to it as source.5 if you read my post more closely.

When you say "Source 2" is what Valve calls L4D+ engine's in their code. Call it what you like, but I'm just saying what it actually is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:10 am 
Site Contributor

Toshiharu wrote:
Gaigemasta wrote:

When you say "Source 2" is what Valve calls L4D+ engine's in their code. Call it what you like, but I'm just saying what it actually is.

Valve doesn't call it "Source 2," they call it Source. Call it what you like though, but I'm just saying what it actually is.

I see no "Source 2" reference here

http://source.valvesoftware.com/

But, here you go, this is the evidence of an actual "Source 2"

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... t-Source-2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:54 pm 

That 'evidence' is actually the current version of source. Along with Alyx being mentioned in SFM has appeared since Alien Swarm.

If you don't believe me then so be it, but "Source 2" has been shown in the files more than once along with ep3. All these news sites pulling off information from other places have no idea what they're talking about. There is a reason why it's called Source 2, because it had a major overhaul. Getting VAC banned from TF2 doesn't get you banned from L4Ds. There are 2 versions of source. When technically there are more than 2, but 2 main versions of Source.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:24 pm 
Site Contributor

Toshiharu wrote:
That 'evidence' is actually the current version of source. Along with Alyx being mentioned in SFM has appeared since Alien Swarm.

If you don't believe me then so be it, but "Source 2" has been shown in the files more than once along with ep3. All these news sites pulling off information from other places have no idea what they're talking about. There is a reason why it's called Source 2, because it had a major overhaul. Getting VAC banned from TF2 doesn't get you banned from L4Ds. There are 2 versions of source. When technically there are more than 2, but 2 main versions of Source.

and this

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/06/repor ... aker-code/

but why would you name the engine source 2 in the code and not officially. If the name isn't official, then it's not source 2, just source. The reason why the l4d source engine is so different because the default source handlers are different than the modded source engine in the l4d games, and it was changed so it could fit a l4d gamestyle.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:23 pm 
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I put in 35 hours in the beta.

CSGO is a good successor to 1.6 and tries to combine elements from 1.6 and css that lend itself to competitive play without compromising on casual playability.

The awp, for example, has been tuned down. I'm used to quick scoping and strafing away after a shot and this will cause the bullet to miss the target. You need to stand still for half a second or so before and after shhooting. This doesn't change the competitive scene too much since your prescoping a choke point and catching people passing through. In pubs though, it makes it harder to pie a corner and take out 3-4 guys in one pass.

The M4 is still a 2 hit kill gun, and the recoil seems more like 1.6. While on paper it seems nerfed compared to css, I like it a lot more and and don't drop it for an ak each time I see one. I suspect the damage to chest and other non-head areas is buffed, but I can't confirm that.

The AK is still the 2 bullet beast you loved from 1.6. The recoil has been increased a lot from css and skilled player will still get rewarded for taking the time to pump out a headshot.

The head hitboxes have been drastically reduced and it's a lot harder to simply burst the head area and get a shot to land. You really need to have your crosshair ahead of their movement and pull the trigger as they pass through.

Bullet drop and travel time is still non existent and this is very much not a shooting simulator. But it still encourages strategy and smart play, rather than balls out COD style rolling.

If you played 1.6 you will find the game to be a bit easier but will still reward you for skill. If you played css you will find the gun control harder at close range.

I love playing a new up to date game that puts everyone on a level playing field. You don't need to worry about unlocking guns, attachments, killstreaks or perks. You jump in and you have access to everything. The money system is better than before: rewarding you for completing objectives, trying to complete objectives, and winning. The system is a lot more transparent now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:33 pm 
Advanced Member

CrimsonNuker wrote:
Gaigemasta wrote:

CS:GO = CS:CZ

Anyone?

My thoughts exactly.

I dare you to beat my brute!! http://malucodocrl.mybrute.com

Locar_ @ Azteca lvl 76 wiz (hope ur happy tasdik)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:22 am 
Dom's Slut

Beta for preorders starts in about 30 minutes, anybody wanna play?

Edit:
nvm, dunno when it starts today :soosad:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:17 am 
Veteran Member

brings back old memories.. been fun so far :D

SRO Salvation:
VietB
Vietx