Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: The Secret World
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:57 pm 
Dom's Slut

I couldn't find a thread for this :P

If you haven't heard already, this game is now subscriptionless, but it's a buy-a-copy to play game (Like GW2). I'm installing it now, shouldn't be too bad for a $20 game (via Steam).

Anybody else playing?

Reviews have been raving about its unconventional take on the mmorpg. It says it doesn't have levels, but technically still does, just without the ability to say "i'm level xx". The class system works similar to Kingdoms of Amalur, you gain "deck-points" so to say and you can put it into 3 different trees: Magic/Guns/Melee. You can put your points however you want, and you're not given an actual title as to what class you are, but the game provides you with a sort of outline for your 'deck-points' so you can build your character to a specific way.

Anyways, I'm really bad at this introduce a game kind of crap; so I'll just link you to the official website :P
http://www.thesecretworld.com/

Edit:
I forgot to mention that you can reallocate your class points whenever you're not in combat.
So essentially, the only thing binding your character in this game is one of the 3 factions you choose; Illuminati, Dragon, or Templar.

Did I mention that the story is apparently pretty good too?