Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Naruto Ultimate Ninja : Storm 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:45 am 
Forum Legend

Release Date : March 5th 2013 (America) , March 8th 2013 (Europe)

Spoiler!

I'm not the only one who cares about this right?

The changes look fucking awesome. Good nerf bat on Awakening. The second kind of Awakening seems OP though despite the chakra penalty given. I'm glad that the story will start from the Five Kage Summit to pretty much this week manga if not beyond ("to an unknown point")

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Naruto_Shi ... ja_Storm_3

EDIT: Derp, move to Other Games section please :love:

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even

Post subject: Re: Naruto Ultimate Ninja : Storm 3
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:43 am 
Site Contributor

lol jk :3

but I have the previous one for 360 and it was good for an anime game and I'm glad to see some nerf on Awakening

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:36 pm 

I stopped playing Ninja Storm after I got tired with Generations. The new substitution system is a double-edged sword: on one hand it prevents trigger-finger players like me from substituting and dodging through 90% of your attacks/jutsus but on the other hand, it allows characters like The Masked Man or Naruto's 4/6-tail form to relentlessly spam the aerial bijuu balls and aerial tilt which, in the hands of competent players, is close to impossible to dodge. I can dodge Deidara's spams with ease and even the Masked Man's BS jutsu spam but there are some that breaks your guard with 1~2 hits and pretty much impossible to evade in most situations. I can do the same tactic, and I have, but it gets stale after a few matches. I also dislike the slight change in the timing of the juggle combo from Storm 2 -> Generations. It might not mean much to most players but it makes a *MAJOR* difference for experienced ones. I'd have to say that Generation's new system gives average players a strong advantage and nerfs the abilities (options available) of the top competitive players from Storm 2.

In any case, I'm still getting this game just because its one of those must-have things I enjoy but I'll have to take a closer look at the battle system again.

@ Awakening Nerf: Some awakenings are seriously OP not just because of the damage but because of their potential for relentless spamming when placed in the right hands. Susanoo and 6-tails form are prime examples of spammable crap -- I'm talking about good players who actually utilize the mid-air abilities of the 6-tails and the dash+amaterasu+hit combo of Susanoo: when piled together, it's a cheap victory for most. In a lot of cases, however, I let the other person use his awakening since that means no support for him.

@Ring Knock-out system: pure BS.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:45 am 
Forum Legend

Quote:
@Ring Knock-out system: pure BS.

Yeah don't really like that, hopefully we aren't forced to use that setting in online battles.

ExSoldier/Skyve/Loki

what is life even