Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Rift going completely F2P June 12th
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 pm 
Elite Member

Yup I'm still playing daily. I'm on Hailol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:11 pm 

Nope, got bored and don't see a reason to come back. Too much mindless grind.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:40 pm 
Frequent Member

i've been playing less due to lack of people i enjoy to play with (not the biggest pve fan to begin with) and pvp has no arena/rank system so that's a bummer. also on Hailol

what do you think is grindy about it? i kind of think the whole point of an mmo is the end game grind satisfaction but rift didn't seem too over the top with it. the worst grinds are the cape/essences which are BiS. everything else wasn't bad and with 2.4 it's easier than ever to get raid t1/t2 ready

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:54 pm 
Elite Member

iSinnnn wrote:
i've been playing less due to lack of people i enjoy to play with (not the biggest pve fan to begin with) and pvp has no arena/rank system so that's a bummer. also on Hailol

what do you think is grindy about it? i kind of think the whole point of an mmo is the end game grind satisfaction but rift didn't seem too over the top with it. the worst grinds are the cape/essences which are BiS. everything else wasn't bad and with 2.4 it's easier than ever to get raid t1/t2 ready

Damn your lack of PVE interests.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:13 pm 
Frequent Member

damn your capping and getting everything you needed out of experts before i started my grind

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:40 pm 

iSinnnn wrote:

The 50-60 grind is god awful. I'll use tera as a comparison

59 to 60 in Tera requires 150m xp, however there are multiple sources where you can get 30m xp a day, and important quests give around 8m
52 to 53 in Rift requires 2.5m or 2.7m xp, I can't remember, and the "best" methods of leveling give from 3k to 5k to 10k xp

So in Tera you do the two large sources of xp, and 11 main quests, and you're capped
In Rift you have to do around 500 quests to get to 53, give or take

Thats why

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:16 am 
Frequent Member

wait what? in SL zones the fastest ways to level seem to be pvp+story quests+maybe a dungeon daily if you're a tank or healer, or some ia's if you aren't. quests in SL zones were giving me 20-40k for non-story and 78-100k for story turn ins, which seem to be a majority of quests since they opted for more 'carnage' quests over filler quests in the new zone. there's a questline in eastern kingdoms for example that gave me almost 75% of a level in the mid-late 50s at 100+k a turn in, took 30 minutes.

the jump after 50 was pretty over the top and made me wonder if they were trying to get people to buy patron pass while i was doing it, but you figure out ways to grind efficiently and pretty quickly as you start leveling in the new zone. i don't think they went full korean or anything

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:47 am 

I don't recall getting anywhere close to 50k from carnage quests, but maybe I'm wrong, or maybe they changed something after I left. Either way, can't be bothered to have to mindlessly grind to cap, then have to mindlessly grind for gear, then mindlessly grind pvp, just doesn't sound fun, at all.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:19 pm 
Elite Member

Toast wrote:
I don't recall getting anywhere close to 50k from carnage quests, but maybe I'm wrong, or maybe they changed something after I left. Either way, can't be bothered to have to mindlessly grind to cap, then have to mindlessly grind for gear, then mindlessly grind pvp, just doesn't sound fun, at all.

I don't think MMOs are your flavor then.

As iSinnnn said, leveling in SL zones just doing story quests with a random dungeon or WF here or there was super quick.

I think I went 58-60 in a day or two. 58-59 was easily like 5 hours.

The gear/rep grind after 60 is rough and it really makes me miss WoW's tabard rep design.

iSinnnn wrote:
damn your capping and getting everything you needed out of experts before i started my grind

I said I'd do experts you just despised them haha

Speaking of rep grind, a small nerf came out today:
* Notoriety rewards have been increased by 25% for numerous sources, including Daily Quests, Weekly Quests, Instant Adventures, Crafting Quests, and completing RIFT stages. This affects the following factions:
- Qaijiri
- Caretakers
- Eternal City Survivors
- Hailol
- Achyati
- Lycini
- Torvan Hunters
- Empyreal Alliance

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:41 am 

Read my comparison to Tera, that wasn't instantaneous, but it didn't feel slow. I barley felt like I was getting anywhere on Rift, and yes, that isn't my "flavor".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:57 am 
Elite Member

Toast wrote:
Read my comparison to Tera, that wasn't instantaneous, but it didn't feel slow. I barley felt like I was getting anywhere on Rift, and yes, that isn't my "flavor".

Given the numbers you posted for Tera, it's about the same if not faster on Rift to level. Even after 50

Not to mention getting a shit ton of PA XP and regular XP from Warfront wins, alongside gear that you can actually use.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:43 am 

Key word: wins

The only warfront won I ever got was when I got merc'd to the defiant side

And no, having played both I can confidently say its not even close to the same. Unless, like I said, something changed after I quit, Rift is much slower, and much more tedious.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:08 pm 
Elite Member

Toast wrote:
Key word: wins

The only warfront won I ever got was when I got merc'd to the defiant side

And no, having played both I can confidently say its not even close to the same. Unless, like I said, something changed after I quit, Rift is much slower, and much more tedious.

This is all anecdotal as I've won multiple Warfronts both as Guardian and Merc'd to Defiants.

I was just going off of the numbers you posted.