Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: dark souls 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:54 pm 
Common Member

anyone else super exited for this game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVtIb8lkAxc#t=24
http://www.darksoulsii.com/us/media.html

Post subject: Re: dark souls 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:29 pm 
Elite Member

Yes. Very. I didn't actually start playing DkS until not so long ago (that's when I bought a gamepad). But I had seen a LP of it before and I didn't really like it. But at some point I got into it and started watching vids of it. All kinds of gameplay and lore videos (since that thing is ambiguous as fuck in this game). I've watched a shit ton of DkS vids by now. :)

Here are some good info videos about DkS2: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... KIuQdlxpnQ.

Some cool channels about DkS that I like:
http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro
http://www.youtube.com/user/VaatiVidya
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rurikain
http://www.youtube.com/user/PeevePeeverson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm 
Common Member

Sanktum wrote:
Yes. Very. I didn't actually start playing DkS until not so long ago (that's when I bought a gamepad). But I had seen a LP of it before and I didn't really like it. But at some point I got into it and started watching vids of it. All kinds of gameplay and lore videos (since that thing is ambiguous as fuck in this game). I've watched a shit ton of DkS vids by now. :)

Here are some good info videos about DkS2: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... KIuQdlxpnQ.

Some cool channels about DkS that I like:
http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicNameBro
http://www.youtube.com/user/VaatiVidya
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rurikain
http://www.youtube.com/user/PeevePeeverson

nice i just started playing dks again but holy shit blighttown is a pain in the ass lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:02 pm 
Elite Member

Yeah, I hate Blighttown. It's not that bad with the Master Key though. Although there is some good loot in the other direction where you would normally come in from. I also kinda hate The Depths, mostly because it was difficult to navigate, not to mention what's down below... Though it's a completely optional area for Master Key, I just wanted to kill The Gaping Dragon because he's such an easy boss lol. :D I should go back to The Asylum for the Rusted Iron Ring though, that swamp is annoying.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:52 pm 
Common Member

i found the depths fairly easy actualy , ofc the one bonfire in it makes it a challange , wich was hard for me cause i fcked up and didnt get the master key , also any weapon you recomend me ? im stuck with drake sword but i dont do nearly as much dmg as i used to

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:07 pm 
Elite Member

I have the Drake's myself atm. But I'm a DEX build so it's not that great any more.

Sometimes I use the Balder Side Sword (or Baller Swag Sword as EpicNameBro calls it), it's got a nice moveset and excellent range with the thrusting attack, it also has B scaling with DEX so that's nice. It can take a bit of time to get that sword though as you have to farm the Balder Knights in Undead Parish(it's good to do it from the bonfire near Blacksmith Andre).

And I also have the Uchigatana (that I got by killing the Undead Merchant on the first encounter while completely forgetting to buy a bow and arrows so I had to use the crossbow to get Drake's Sword which was a bit tricky) that I sometimes use, it has slightly higher damage than BSS, bleed and B DEX scaling, although it has less durability, which is imo its only downside.

For the shield I use the Balder Shield which has 100% phy dmg reduction and pretty good stability. It doesn't look that good, but it's the best one I have at the moment for all-round use. Some other shields have better dmg reduction for other dmg types though.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:34 am 
Common Member

sigh , so i moved from pc to ps3 (since i pirated dark souls on pc ) and i only could find a ps3 copy
i have to restart all over , but i kinda wanne try some new things
im searching for some dex scaling weapons , i like katanas tho ;)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:10 pm 
Elite Member

I have a pirate copy too. :D Starting over in DkS isn't a big deal at all imo. It's still fun.
Iaito is a good katana though almost the same stats as the Uchi, but different moveset and an interesting attack. You can find one in Blighttown coming in from the Depths.
And as for good non-katana DEX weapons, I hear the Great Scythe is a good one. Very nice range and a wide swing and does nice damage. Although I think a lot of people are using it online.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:41 am 
Ex-Staff

not buying a ps4 till this game comes out

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:08 pm 
Common Member

bleh , you might wanne consider buying a ps3 then since i dont think it will come out on ps4

also im in this castle thing now and these shitty knights deal shitloads of dmg to me

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:12 pm 
Elite Member

RoOF wrote:
bleh , you might wanne consider buying a ps3 then since i dont think it will come out on ps4

also im in this castle thing now and these shitty knights deal shitloads of dmg to me

Why wouldn't it?

You in Sen's? Though there aren't many knights in there.

Btw, there's this map that will come with the collector's edition and it seems to be larger (covering a larger area) than the one in DkS1. But the map of DkS1 is probably more vertical than horisontal. I hope that DkS2 will still have that much verticality though.
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:07 pm 
Common Member

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/dark_soul ... forms.html

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:43 pm 
Elite Member

Still, that is a pretty early article so they might change their minds.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:19 pm 
Ex-Staff

One of the creators announced next gen versions are a likely like a few days ago

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/dark-souls-2-gen-consoles-ps4-xbox/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:52 am 
Common Member

oh nice my ps4 will finaly be more then a netflix machine

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:15 pm 
Elite Member

Most of the stuff is good, but that respawn limit sounds stupid. If it's really like that then I hope they realise that it has some clear flaws that can break the game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:41 pm 
Common Member

i read about it on reddit , seems like they might not put it in tho ;D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:41 pm 
Elite Member

I don't actually think they would either, at least not straight up like that. I don't think From are that stupid.

Anyways, moar.

Also, I heard EpicNameBro was working on some guide type thing for DS2, a book of some sort. It's awesome that they include an important person of the community like that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:37 am 
Elite Member

Protip: Dragons give a weapon if you cut their tail off.

Also, I never played Dark Souls very long, played half an hour, got stuck on some jackass enemy that kept me from crossing some bridge, never played again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:59 pm 
Elite Member

Except Undead Dragons. But also Hellkite Drake, Crossbreed Priscilla and the Belfry Gargoyle. FromSoft do like their tail-chopping.
A bridge? The one in Undead Burg? That's about the only proper bridge that has enemies on it. And there was nothing difficult about that part. If the drake burns you, you can survive by running on the side.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:35 pm 
Common Member

the only big fck you in this game is bed of chaos lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:53 pm 
Elite Member

Yeah, that's just a gimmick boss based heavily on RNG. I think I would have died loads of times before even knowing what to do on that boss if guides didn't exist. Apparently she is so bad that every speedrunner goes for the slower quit and reload tactic after knocking out the two pillars. The first pillar anyway, for the second some use a bow so the run back is slightly easier. And after you get the second one down she will probably do that Chaos Storm/Fire Tempest thing that will 1 shot you if you're wearing shitty or no armor. Then there's that crumbling floor bit in front of her that has a tree branch under it nicely placed at an angle so you will fall off when running straight towards her. And finally you can get burnt up when running inside the tunnel. Yeah, no one likes that boss. Dragon God 2.0, but worse. And as far as I know someone said that this was one of the latest things developed so they rushed it. And the Painted World was pretty much the first area they made interestingly enough. Let's hope there's no Dragon God 3.0 in DS2 then.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:08 am 
Elite Member

No dragon, no boss, just some big knight looking guy with a long ass spear of some sort. Every time I hit the guy, I might as well have thrown feathers at him, meanwhile he hit me for 70-80% of my hp. I just never took the time to learn more, I'm sure if I had, I would have discovered some easy way to hurt him or something. As it was though, when I got to him, I had already decided I didn't like the game.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:57 am 
Elite Member

Sounds like a Black Knight. Though they don't have spears. There's one with a halberd but that guy is in Darkroot Basin and not on a bridge. Silver Knights have spears but they are all the way in Anor Londo and I don't think you got that far lol, can't recall them being on a bridge either.
But yeah, Black Knights are easy to take out with chained backstabs or parrys(probably deadly for the beginner though, especially if you have to do like 10 of them if you don't have a decent weapon).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:35 pm 
Elite Member

Wasn't necessarily a bridge. The game starts off in some castle correct? After going the the outer walls of it, I was on top of them (I think), then I don't know, been too long and I've forgotten. Maybe later I'll check one of those YouTube Lets Play videos and see if I can find it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:56 pm 
Elite Member

After watching, I realize why you have no idea what I'm talking about, it was Demon's Souls that I played. (Was free for PS+ at one point)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:06 pm 
Elite Member

Ah, I do recall the Boletarian Palace having walls (with a dragon) you could run on and such things. Unfortunately I haven't played DeS though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:38 am 
Elite Member

Dark souls wasn't on PS3 was it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:37 am 
Elite Member

Dark Souls is on everything. Since they're a Japanese company, the PS3 version gets done first. It was also on X360 and then the community wanted a PC version so they made a crap port to PC (they hadn't made any PC games before and they even said not to expect too much IIRC, but the port problems have been fixed for the most part). Demon's Souls was only on PS3 though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:39 am 
Elite Member

Ah, hmm, wonder if it's available digitally.