Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: ArcheAge. SRO Type Triangular Conflict: On Land and Sea
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:42 pm 
Loyal Member

BuDo wrote:
IceCrash wrote:
guys, just come back to sro and play Elamidas with us, cheers

You high on drugs?....Anywho the game is amazing...very content rich...My guild having lots of events and we've already formed alliances and established enemies...I am still trying to get land along the coast to place a house...already have two large farms and 4 small farms...I'm questing and can't wait to reach level cap...tons of people got to cap in 4-5 days...I just want to get that out of the way so I can start focusing on my crafting and getting a fishing boat and the merchant trade ship...

What server would you suggest I play on? Is it worth it to be casual? I would love to try it out, however life has me a bit busy so would only be able to play late evenings if at all.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:51 am 
Frequent Member

so happy! :D :D

GTFO on the SRO talk. >.>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:48 pm 
Loyal Member

was fun , made to lvl 21 , but quit no time for it

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:25 am 

[Orphen] wrote:
BuDo wrote:
IceCrash wrote:
guys, just come back to sro and play Elamidas with us, cheers

You high on drugs?....Anywho the game is amazing...very content rich...My guild having lots of events and we've already formed alliances and established enemies...I am still trying to get land along the coast to place a house...already have two large farms and 4 small farms...I'm questing and can't wait to reach level cap...tons of people got to cap in 4-5 days...I just want to get that out of the way so I can start focusing on my crafting and getting a fishing boat and the merchant trade ship...

What server would you suggest I play on? Is it worth it to be casual? I would love to try it out, however life has me a bit busy so would only be able to play late evenings if at all.

Even though you wont get the full experience I'd say start out by being a casual...A lot of servers now are jammed packed so I don't know which one to suggest...When they're that full you'll almost have a fun community experience...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:33 am 

_Dutchy_ wrote:

so happy! :D :D

GTFO on the SRO talk. >.>

Not a bad clipper crest Ductch...and grats on getting your first ship....Below is a pic of mine...MY pC resolution is set to low cuz it makes my game experience smoother...My PC will replaced soon....

Spoiler!

Post subject: Re: ArcheAge: SRO Features, On Land and Sea + Lots More
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:22 am 
Ex-Staff

Man it's been a long time but I'm actually having fun in a MMO. Combat is fun, quests are alright, loving the areas, just got a glider which is awesome. Shame I can't play much every day because of the queue right now but it's alright. Only lvl 12 or so atm though.

Ofcourse being able to play the game with decent settings helps too. Not having to put everything on low and hope I get 20+ fps feels great. Which obviously means the game looks great as well :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:55 am 

Server queues are getting better...They've implemented a temporary block on creating new characters on some servers and an automatic AFK disconnect for people standing around in game doing nothing...Servers are so packed they had do these things...

And I have to agree with you about having fun in an MMO...I thought there really wasn't any MMO still out there that would hold my interest like the ones I've played in the past, but this one proved me wrong...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:52 pm 

I am also playing this game with Dutchy on the North American servers and truly loving this game but its taking up most of my time and i should quit because i have a course to do......
however!.... its great, just get it and start playing... naow.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:25 am 

this looks sweet, why am i only seeing screens of boats though? idk if i like that

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:20 pm 
Elite Member

What do you guys think is best, have 2 characters, 1 caster, 1 assasin. Or hit 50 with 1 and then have it be both ?

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:49 am 
Ex-Staff

Love wrote:
What do you guys think is best, have 2 characters, 1 caster, 1 assasin. Or hit 50 with 1 and then have it be both ?

One that does EVERYTHING!!

I started a new char on a newer server so hopefully no/minimal queue time. At the same time a friend started a neww char as well so we've been leveling up the past few hours. Following some AoE focussed Occultism/Sorcery/Vitalism build while he's building into a paladin style build. I think it'll work pretty well together later on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:28 am 
Elite Member

I think queue times are way better now, I was able to log in today in the early afternoon hours in less than 30 minutes, considering my server and all, that's quite good.

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:29 am 

Aristedis wrote:
this looks sweet, why am i only seeing screens of boats though? idk if i like that

Thats just one aspect of the game...one that I happen to love...and it appears Dutchy likes it too..but its a full blown MMO...you don't have to try and get yourself a ship...you can go PVP, quest, dungeon runs, raids, boss raids, factions wars, grow your farm, craft and trade your goods..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:06 pm 
Ex-Staff

You don't even have to grind/quest/raid to lvl up. You could become a farmer and gain all your xp by planting and harvesting crops/trees etc. So much to do, so little time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:05 am 
Frequent Member

I haven't grinded for the last 10 lvl's gotta mine that ore! :sohappy:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:32 am 
Ex-Staff

Lvl 29 atm, been online for 10ish hours yesterday and I grinded (read: quested) for maybe an hour or so xD Gotta tend to that farm, mine some ore, craft items, sell it, go fishing..

Lay awake for 2 hour last night thinking about all the things I want to do/check out.. God I feel just as the time I played sro in the early years <3

Friend and I are playing together, sharing farms etc. We tried to do the trade quest to the other continent in our rowboat and failed miserably. This is the result:

He died because he got raped by 5 or so of those sea thingy's. I got the quest but died while trying to get on land. I guess you're not safe if you're in the water still. Pretty sure I got pked by my own race ._. I was kind of pissed but I completed the quest so eh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:13 am 
Frequent Member

What quest were you doing ? for the large scarecrow farm ? you don't have to land at the city. There is a quest circle you can just sail through. And sea-bugs are brutal. lost a pack more then once to those :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:48 pm 
Ex-Staff

I know, and I did finish the quest so I got my farm up and running atm :D But I would've liked to hand in that pack after losing 2 others trying to get across lol. Curious how much it would be.

What is your main source of income atm? :p We're harvesting cotton/converting it to fabric and selling that.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:18 pm 

XMoshe wrote:
You don't even have to grind/quest/raid to lvl up. You could become a farmer and gain all your xp by planting and harvesting crops/trees etc. So much to do, so little time.

shame you arent on the same server as us. we are also enjoying the heck outta this game but we feel a bit lonely! This game has such potential for large groups of people, mass trading like back in the old days on SRO where only 5 servers existed and server-wide trades were seen!
There is also a large need of people for farming/crafting and such as we are currently a small guild that I feel might slowly be swallowed up by the players who are in huge communities working together (we have a guy next to our guild house who has so much land its ridiculous... maybe 10 plots or more!)

I am not sure that I necessarily like the crafting aspect because im F2P and as our guild was late to the "land grab" we have found that we have very little area to do much with... Again I dont know how it will pan out in the long run but I hope its not a bottleneck that occurs where larger guilds are suffocating the land from competition and essentially owning the entire marketplace.

I am excited about the PVE and PVP even though im not a huge PvP'er this game has made me think a lot about my end game build even though im not 50.

I would recommend everyone to try this game out as I honestly feel it is the best MMORPG out there that retains that feeling we all felt at the beginning of Silkroad with our first trade runs. Honestly guys, this is teh gaem.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:15 am 
Ex-Staff

Yeah my buddy finally got his farm but we had to plant it at a place 3 zones over. Talked to a guy who said his guild owns half the land in Vilanelle. Land rushes suck, the way housing zones are handles sucks too. You can put it wherever if there's room but if you have a 16x16 area and you put a 8x8 right in the middle you **** it up for 3 others with 8x8's ._. I can understand that it adds to the diversity of the zones (visually) but it's so inefficient, so much wasted space.

I just got lvl 40, did 4.5 lvl's using a tonic making sleeves xD Now to find gear..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:11 pm 

XMoshe wrote:
Lay awake for 2 hour last night thinking about all the things I want to do/check out.. God I feel just as the time I played sro in the early years <3

You're spot on with that comment...only 100x better since there is so much more to do along with doing trade runs...This is truly the new SRO..just highly enhanced...

In other news: I've already hit lvl 50 over two weeks ago and the good thing is you don't really need alt characters to experience other builds I am finding out...

I was about to level another build to 50 when one of my guildies told me its not needed as you can grab the skills from the other trees and level those up on your current character instead of leveling another char.....

Feel like being a mage type? swap out your current skills for that load out....wanna be a archer/melee? swap to those trees....as long as you level them up they're there for you to use like cards in a deck...Its like have all the classes rolled into one character....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:34 am 
Ex-Staff

Well my enthusiasm went down a little bit. Tried to do some quests in rookborne but the other guys didn't think the same way. Got killed 4 times in a row by the same party. Not something I look forward to when I just want to quest. Guess it'll get better once I get some gear lol

Speaking of which I see a lot of low/mid 40's with the arcane buff yet my buddy and I have shitty 24-30 gear still and we just can't find the quest that would reward the people such items. Does anyone here who plays know where to get them? Besides crafting ofcourse.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:27 pm 
Frequent Member

Buncha gear quests :

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quests/zone26/
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quest/521/
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quest/596/
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quest/520/
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quest/5718/
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quest/3136/
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quest/3107/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:21 pm 
Frequent Member

Trade funzies!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:16 pm 

Im Whorelock.... thats me =D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:54 pm 
Ex-Staff

Lookin' good. Friend tried to look for a Dutch guild last night but apparently there are none on our server yet lol. Guess we'll be looking for a relaxed international one for trade runs/dungeons and the like.

Thanks for the links Dutchy, but they seem to be Nuia quests? I don't think I'll be able to grab those without getting shot to pieces hehe :p /Edit: ah they're in a war zone thingy (great knowledge of the game already right?!) so I guess any player can get them there then?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:07 am 
Frequent Member

http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quests/zone6/
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quest/4209/
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quest/2272/
http://archeagedatabase.net/us/quest/2275/

these are east quests. you can scroll through the quests on the site untill you find gear quests :dope:

Last edited by _Dutchy_ on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:43 am 
Ex-Staff

_Dutchy_ wrote:

these are east quests. you can scroll through the quests on the site untill you find gear quests :dope:

Yeah we checked but only found the low level ones, 32/33. Guess we'll just have to get across and do the 36/38 for gear :D Found the helmet of that set as well. if we can get those 3 done we might do a little better in rookborne lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:34 pm 
Loyal Member

Everyone should go to prison at least once.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:09 pm 
Ex-Staff

Spend a good 1.5-2 hours trying to unlock that 39 quest for some newer gear. Did every quest I could find from the spawn town up untill the guy who should give it in Sanddeep and still can't get it. So frustrating..

/Edit: on a happier note I just finished the final quest item set with my buddy :) So no need for those damned chain quests anymore. Time to get 50/up my profs/get some dungeon gear etc. Gonna be a good time

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 256 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next