Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: DayZ Standalone
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:18 pm 
Forum God

Anyone here on SRF playing it? Same creator from the mod is working on a standalone game. The game is still in early alpha stage, but you can buy it for like 20 euro on Steam to get access.

Really enjoying the game, been playing for around 3 weeks. Died a couple of times to bandits. But since there is not really much to do when you have collected pretty much the best gear, the only way to pass time is to kill each other. But still alot of fun.

http://dayzgame.com/

Post subject: Re: DayZ Standalone
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:07 pm 
Frequent Member

I play off and on. I'm pretty geared but my group hasn't been playing much lately.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:03 am 
Forum God

Juicy wrote:
I play off and on. I'm pretty geared but my group hasn't been playing much lately.

Im currently waiting until tuesday, a couple of friends are planning to buy the game then.

I've been running solo 90% of 40 hours I've spent on the game. I was pretty much decked up on gear, the only thing missing was a bipod and a long range scope for my mosin. Decided to scout the airfields and various military camps for some. When I was at the airfield west of Chernogorsk I started getting shot at, so I just ran away, and returned a couple of minutes later. Saw a group of 5 people standing in a ring and I decided to open fire. Got 3 of them before they got me. If I just have repositioned further back I would probably have gotten both of them too since they came right from behind

The adrenaline kick is intense. Even if I died it was so worth the feeling.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:59 am 

Seems interesting at best...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:40 pm 
Frequent Member

Swindler wrote:
Juicy wrote:

Im currently waiting until tuesday, a couple of friends are planning to buy the game then.

I've been running solo 90% of 40 hours I've spent on the game. I was pretty much decked up on gear, the only thing missing was a bipod and a long range scope for my mosin. Decided to scout the airfields and various military camps for some. When I was at the airfield west of Chernogorsk I started getting shot at, so I just ran away, and returned a couple of minutes later. Saw a group of 5 people standing in a ring and I decided to open fire. Got 3 of them before they got me. If I just have repositioned further back I would probably have gotten both of them too since they came right from behind

The adrenaline kick is intense. Even if I died it was so worth the feeling.

I would play solo but an M4 isn't exactly a great scouting weapon, you kind of have to get closer than you would like to in order to play it safe. I do have an ACOG scope but maybe I'm just too chicken shit. :3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:58 pm 
Forum God

Yeah the m4 is shit, some say it's bugged, im not sure of it. I helped a new guy last week and we stumbled upon some guy that said he was friendly, 5 minutes later he shot the newbie in the back, I literally unloaded a whole mag in him and he still stood up. The SKS and Mosin seems to be the number one weapons right now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:52 am 
Common Member

Anyone been robbed of their pants yet? I hear that's a big trend going on. I've been tempted to play this but I'm scared of being robbed xD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:56 am 
Veteran Member

HyperBunny wrote:
Anyone been robbed of their pants yet? I hear that's a big trend going on. I've been tempted to play this but I'm scared of being robbed xD

I played for an hour. Got shot and killed first life, respawned, was held hostage and forced to drink disinfectant then died again.

10/10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:33 pm 
Elite Member

I only came here to read something written by Swindler again.

Long time, no see, nab :sohappy:

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:51 pm 
Forum God

Lempi wrote:
HyperBunny wrote:

I played for an hour. Got shot and killed first life, respawned, was held hostage and forced to drink disinfectant then died again.

10/10

Has happened to me too. To be honest, it's better to actually find a low populated server with frequent restarts and find your loot there, then hop on over to a bigger server when you feel like you can defend yourself, either by killing them first or being healthy enough to be able to keep running even if they get a bullet or two into you. The community seems to think you are a douchebag for doing this, but it's Farking frustrating running through 2 major cities only finding a can of sardines or some bullshit like that and only to die of starvation 20 minutes later.

ltsune wrote:

Oh hi scrub. :sohappy:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:44 am 
Frequent Member

Swindler wrote:
Lempi wrote:
HyperBunny wrote:

10/10

Has happened to me too. To be honest, it's better to actually find a low populated server with frequent restarts and find your loot there, then hop on over to a bigger server when you feel like you can defend yourself, either by killing them first or being healthy enough to be able to keep running even if they get a bullet or two into you. The community seems to think you are a douchebag for doing this, but it's Farking frustrating running through 2 major cities only finding a can of sardines or some bullshit like that and only to die of starvation 20 minutes later.

ltsune wrote:

Oh hi scrub. :sohappy:

It was a lot easier on the mod for finding food and drinks than it is now on the standalone which is pretty Farking stupid. As far as medical supplies, I think it's a healthy balance right now because carrying around 5 blood bags, 8 bandages, 4 painkillers, etc etc was kind of ruining the point of a survival game.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:45 pm 
Elite Member

HyperBunny wrote: