Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hello Kitty Online - Review
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:31 am 
Common Member

I know you've all been waiting so long but don't worry, it's finally here. I also "borrowed" Barotix's simple review scheme. I hope he doesn't mind.

Name: Hello Kitty Online
Platform: PC/MMO
Wiki - http://wiki.hellokittyonline.com/index.php/Main_Page
Cost: F2P with optional item mall items

Graphics: The graphics are pixels with a bit of 3D for some objects. Nothing too fancy really but it's not horrible. Item mall items let you buy avatar parts, hair styles, accesories and different farming landscapes.

Gameplay: The gameplay is different from other mmos. In this game there are creatures minding their own business (early on) that you must bludgeon with an object until they are unconscious, in which they will remain for about 20 seconds or so before regaining consciousnesses. Doing this will NOT give you exp but rather materials, which you auto pick up (Sometimes a pet egg of that creature will drop). All "enemies" in this game drop certain materials that help you create things from cooking, clothing, farming, sewing, etc. This is the base of your skill leveling, the more you use these skills the higher they level. This is basically all you have in terms of "classes". The ONLY means of leveling up your character is doing quests and as you progress the quests become more difficult in terms of (example) - buy milk, get 3 rose petals, buy butter, make a cake, buy/collect/find materials from certain creatures to make the rest, repeat". Buying seeds and tending to your own personal farm as well as uneeded materials is your means of getting any currency.

Sound: This game has one particular song that will either make you skeeve or you'll slowly learn to like, aside from that, the music is nothing special.

Controls: It's a point and click game, not much else.
Community: From what I've played, which was about 3 weeks, the community seems to keep to themselves or within a guild. Not much chatter at all and you are able to global chat I believe.

Overall: At level 10 I found myself extremely disoriented and disorganized. This was as high as I got. I have to say this game is actually one of the hardest mmos I've played. I found myself using a notepad and pen to write down what creature drops what, location of said creature, what I need to get from who and how many. It's not that the quest doesn't tell you it's just much easier and faster to write it down. I'd also like to point out that knowing the Sanrio characters is helpful. You'd think that something like this wouldn't be so tedious for a game directed towards the younger generation but Hello Kitty Online proves to be far more challenging then it looks. I enjoyed playing it but if you play alone it gets a bit boring at times.

Gameplay Video:

Last edited by HyperBunny on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Hello Kitty Online - Review
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:59 am 
Frequent Member

HyperBunny wrote:
I also "borrowed" Bartic's simple review scheme.

Erm... What?

Spoiler!

Post subject: Re: Hello Kitty Online - Review
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:31 am 
Common Member

Bartic wrote:
HyperBunny wrote:
I also "borrowed" Bartic's simple review scheme.

Erm... What?

I may be confused. Yeah, I meant Barotix.