Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dragon Nest
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:28 am 
Forum Legend

Anyone playing the EU version?

What a great game! Been playing it for a while now, last time i played a game like this it was Silkroad : D

Post subject: Re: Dragon Nest
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:44 pm 
Elite Member

Played DN few times, never got many skills in se one job. But was a fun game, always played a cleric type.

Do t have my PC ATM but, wish I play it again lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:14 pm 
Elite Member

Never heard of the game before.

Might try it out next week. Anything in particular I should know?

Check out our music-video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMxZWMWRjSM
I'm on the drums, beaches!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:46 pm 

Not really my type of game because of the child-like character appearance and features within it but I did give it try.. The NA version... Seems OK...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:30 pm 
Elite Member

I have downloaded and installed the EU version now.

Please keep an eye on this thread next week, IceCrash. I may have lots of questions if I start digging into it, haha :sohappy:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:41 am 
Veteran Member

I've played the game before the release of assassin class.

I had 2 characters that were max level, i had a kali blade dancer that i switched to spirit dancer later on and i had a crusader that i changed to a guardian.

The game is good, pvp is amazing probably one of the best, however items are hard to get and even if u find a legendary item it'd be impossible for u to + it unless u shit oil or something, some classes like crusader are either the strongest or just garbage (all because of items) while other classes are just okay without the need for the best sets which makes people refuse crusaders joining nest parties even if they are skilled..

As an example, from level 1 to 60 ull make 1k gold (that is if u are lucky), +ing a legendary item from +3 to +4 costs u 400 gold with 50% discount (which u need to do alot of things to get).. ive once wasted 3k gold to get my weapon to +4 and the minimum u need is +8/9.

As tips:
- dont use the skill reset scroll.
- dont put money on the game.
- make sure u choose a class that is good.
- buy low sell high works well and its easy.

Ill post more if i remember.

HUUU MADE THIS SIG?? Amarisa

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:42 pm 
Elite Member

Strwarrior wrote:

I had 2 characters that were max level, i had a kali blade dancer that i switched to spirit dancer later on and i had a crusader that i changed to a guardian.

The game is good, pvp is amazing probably one of the best, however items are hard to get and even if u find a legendary item it'd be impossible for u to + it unless u shit oil or something, some classes like crusader are either the strongest or just garbage (all because of items) while other classes are just okay without the need for the best sets which makes people refuse crusaders joining nest parties even if they are skilled..

As an example, from level 1 to 60 ull make 1k gold (that is if u are lucky), +ing a legendary item from +3 to +4 costs u 400 gold with 50% discount (which u need to do alot of things to get).. ive once wasted 3k gold to get my weapon to +4 and the minimum u need is +8/9.

As tips:

Thanks for the quick "guide".

I have yet to boot up the game for the first time. Playing a bit of ESO these days to figure out what I will prefer the most. If ESO turns out bad, I'll give Dragon Nest a chance :)

And yes, please, feel free to post more comments if you have more!

Why did you quit the game by the way?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:02 pm 
Forum Legend

Strwarrior wrote:

As tips:

Well.. i don't agree with you, my personal experience and my friends hasn't related the situation of your post. Just from 50 to 60 alone one person makes more than 1k..

This game and the fighting dynamics + skills are really amazing, it's incredible and really puts skill to a test.

About the gear, to be considered "geared" is having +8 epic set with epic jades and all the jazz. Won't take you ages and to be honest, the road until you arrive at that place is pretty damn good because pve is awsome and there's a lot of endgame content pve wise and always parties going on, up since lvl 40ish (cap is 70 now).

Still, don't let that be a turn off. The progression gold wise is seriously decent, a thousand times more decent than on isro.

About the gold, only worry about that when you're 60 but then, there's a lot of things you can do.
About the classes, DN is such a good game that EVERYONE has more than 1 character. This goes to say that don't worry too much about it, do make some search about what you want and be carefull with the Scrolls Of Oblivion (lvl 15 quest from Irine, don't complete it, lvl 45 level-up reward box).
Just make sure you join a good guild and people will help you out. Also, craft your epic shit until your geared. Once you're geared then go for the legendary weapon, don't be stupid. You'll see items through 40's to 60's that are legendary and somewhat affordable but the thing to it is upgrading it is much more expensive. Think as if to have SOM wep you need 1 elix to upgrade, to have a SUN wep you'd need 10. Economy is decent in this game. Don't be a pussy though.

This game has a thousand more featured and helping hands than silkroad ever had. It's really well thought out.
People from NA can play EU but EU can't play NA. From what i heard, NA servers are the best, or SEA ones. EU's aren't the best but people from EU can't play anywhere afaik so >.>''

However, game's fun. Game's very fun, game's enjoyable, pvp and skills and stuff is pretty amazing and fluid.

WindHikari
HikariDash

My 2 characters, EU server. Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:36 pm 
Addicted Member

I think we used to have a mini team from the forum when this game was on beta, the cap was 25 iirc at the time.

I wanted to play this game for a while but i totally forgot the name and searching dragon something doesn't help.

Quick question though, how heavy is this game, will i be able to play it on a laptop ? I used to play Silkroad and S4 League on this laptop.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:25 pm 

^
That depends on your laptop...When I tried it I used my gaming ASUS G-series gaming laptop...it plays fine...I can't see a game like this demanding too much resources...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:20 pm 
Veteran Member

ltsune wrote:

Why did you quit the game by the way?

I quit when they released level 70, it was rly hard to find parties or guilds for me and my friend to join (permenantly) to practice the new dragon nests, and if you cant clear it ull be behind in terms of items and gold, but the game is super fun tbh, u just need a group.

@ice yeah man the game is waaaay better than isro for sure, no doubt about that.

However as in gold, you cant make enough to buy GA set for example (60 FD set) or even a piece of it, you cant make enough to + ur legendary weapon too, (unless u are super lucky and you find something that is worth so much and sell it)

In classes, (nest)

1. smasher/majesty use BT, done.

2. elestra/her fire sister (seleana?) There is no reason to pick seleana over elestra.

3. Saint/inquisitor no reason to go for inquisitor over saint.

4. Guardian/crusader well if the crusader has a REALLY good set then yeah ud pick him but even then guardian is better.

5. Gladiator>moonlord.

6. Tempest/windwalker, spirit boost.

7. sniper/art, doesnt matter both are good.

8. Never tried engineer.

9. Dancer/the other class, yes for dancer/ tbh never seen the other class work in a nest.

When i played the worst classes were selena and crusader, the absolute must have class was elestra.

PS: my dancer was +10weapons +8set, never had any problems with it, except sometimes people refuse me in their parties because im kali but meh.

my crusader was +8weapon +6set and i had problems joining dragon nests but not many problems joining tkn/pkn..

now the difference is that, a crusader doesnt really need too much +ing on ur set, but u just gotta have the right stats (str/int) and ull do fine which people dont understand, ive soloed tkn/pkn with it and i found it harder to solo them with my dancer.

honestly the game is totally worth a shot, i may make an account to try assassin because i never got to try it.

and btw even if you dont like going PVE, pvp is really good (yeah u do need a decent set) but it doesnt really matter THAT much but u do need a good set, my dancer was 2.2k rating (number one in the server was 2.4 or so) and my crusader was at 2k rating(which is high for a crusader).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:40 pm 
Addicted Member

BuDo wrote:
^
That depends on your laptop...When I tried it I used my gaming ASUS G-series gaming laptop...it plays fine...I can't see a game like this demanding too much resources...

Yeah, i tried it and it worked decently. I had to download it twice though because of some missing file.
I think i am going to make elestra like "Strwarrior" suggested.

So there was a once per account event and it gave a random amount of gold, i was around level 5 and had 110 gold when buying equipment costs 15 bronze coins ^^'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:47 am 
Elite Member

I have yet to really dive into this game.
Tried Heroes of the Storm a few days ago for the first time. It's not bad, but I might play some Dragon Nest whenever I find the time too.

What level are you folks at now?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 pm 
Veteran Member

im on sea spamming dwc

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:39 am 
Addicted Member

Only reached 70 yesterday in EU, i am so slow.
Still using the main quest level 66 +10 set, probably won't buy a better set since 80 cap is next month.

So i currently have 2.8k gold and 1.7k dimensional box keys (atleast 1 gold each).
I thought the price of dimensional box keys was going to increase because of the removal of abyss at lower levels but man a bug got fixed and now guild masters get insane amounts of the boxes which made the ones that i had worth no more than vendor price.

If anyone is playing in Eu send me a message, IGN: "Magwitch"

Last edited by The Invisible on Mon May 18, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:09 pm 
Forum Legend

lol, main quest, seriously? xD

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:40 pm 
Addicted Member

IceCrash wrote:
lol, main quest, seriously? xD

Yeah, first character, ofcourse i am going to do the main quest.
Part of the reason it took me forever is because i read all the main and secondary quests (you know the story isn't bad), if i make another character i will just pass the secondary quests without reading.

By the way what are good items to buy low sell high?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:38 pm 

I played it because of the Lencea spear class skills....the skill animation for that class looks nice...but I couldn't carry on playing it...The game looks and feel like it was made for 8-10 year olds...It's too cutsie...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:39 pm 
Addicted Member

So anyone still active in this game? I am close to quitting but still not sure what to do with the gold i have (48k + a dozen or two in sellable items).

Last edited by The Invisible on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:05 am 
Veteran Member

BuDo wrote:
I played it because of the Lencea spear class skills....the skill animation for that class looks nice...but I couldn't carry on playing it...The game looks and feel like it was made for 8-10 year olds...It's too cutsie...

While that is right, it has the best pvp i have played and the nests are really good.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:38 pm 
Ex-Staff

Played a little yesterday, lvl 9 at the moment, just out of the starter town. The archer class is pretty fun so far, however I am sad I can't jump and use skills like in the intro :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:46 pm 
Addicted Member

I didn't know what to do with the gold and Moshe isn't giving me his character name so i put 20k into a new character.

Whoever finds this, Feel free to take what you need. Take it all or leave some for someone else or take it on waves whenever you need extra coins.
I think i mentioned this already but the character is on Eu server.
For reference, Before reaching 80, you'll use less than 1k.
- You can make a +10 rare 80 set with 2-3k which is better than +10 70 epic and is enough to clear any nest except level 80 ones and black dragon nest.
- A +10 epic 80 set currently costs less than 10k.

Lets get to it:
Username: combi47
Password: silkroad
2nd pass: 1234
Spoiler!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:54 pm 
Forum Legend

Rawdestiny is my ign, and thanks a lot Invisible : D