Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: KanColle: Kantai Collection (Anime browsergame)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:29 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aka Fleetgirls Collection

Spoiler!

If you're into anime and the like, you might've seen this game floating around (or watched the recent anime).

I'd describe it as a mixture of Pokemon and a management game.
You play as Teitoku (Admiral) who's in charge of a fleet of shipgirls, anthropomorphized axis power ships.

You manage up to 4 fleets of 6 ships. You can send them out on a variety of missions:
- Sortie (A sort of Campaign mode)
- Excersize (PvP, with random opponents)
- Expeditions (Resource collecting)

There's a 100+ ships to be collected, which can in turn be remodeled once or twice (Think of it as an evolution). Gear is also constructed and can be swapped. Though the game is heavily centered around RNG, I'd say it has some pretty deep mechanics.

There's some quests like fighting with specific historic-inspised fleet compositions and other stuff to help you get resources for construction and resupplying.

A minor warning:
Signing up is kind of a pain, since the game is Japanese you have to jump a few hoops to get in (including a lottery...).

I was a bit reluctant to try as well because of it, but now that I'm in I'd say it was pretty worth it. It's strangely fun and addictive.

In the beginning you will probably be very dependent on the Wikia to find your way around the menus and figure out the game, but you'll get the hang of it soon enough.
There's also a highly active reddit for the game: http://www.reddit.com/r/kancolle/

A tutorial for signing up can be found HERE, or you can use my short (hopefully clearer) version:

Spoiler!
Sources (advanced instructions):
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial ... o_Register
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial ... Connection
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/User_blo ... ttery_2015

I also highly recommend getting the KCV client
A sort of fanmade KanColle client which features translated menu's, quests and other useful information you'd otherwise have to search up all the time.
http://www.himeuta.net/f39-kancolle-mod ... le-Viewer=

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Last edited by poehalcho on Mon May 18, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: KanColle: Kantai Collection (Anime browsergame)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:06 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
WOOP
Spoiler!

I GOT SHIMAKAZE!! She's super rare ;D

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:47 pm 
Elite Member

I know I'm mostly just talking to myself here, but I'm too damned happy to care ;D

After endless attempts I finally got this:
Spoiler!

Katsuragi, a beautiful SPRING EVENT Aircraft Carrier.

The map where you receive her involved using a combined fleet of 12 ships with specific compositions.
There's 2 types of combined fleets: airship fleets and battleship fleets. The whole event was heavily Aircraft Carrier focused, but I didn't have a lot of them, so I could only use a battleship fleet.

Not only did I have the wrong fleet type, but most of my ships were underleveled for the map. (like lvl 1 D: underleveled)

The boss on the map has to be 'defeated' at least 6 or so times and then finally be killed when it's HP is completely drained.

Over the course of the past 3-4 days I've been desperately playing to secure victory.
I've essentially leveled up a bunch of ships from lvl 1 to 20+, where I could upgrade them to their second forms.
The battleship combined fleet is a ridiculous resource hog. Every resupply totals at around 600 fuel and 500 ammo. The repair time can also range in the 8 hours for big ships and costs additional fuel and steel, so my hard-earned instant repair buckets were disappearing like the wind.
I've been completing quests and performing expeditions like a madman.
Since I haven't unlocked my 4th fleet slot yet, I could only do 1 expedition at a time while I was actively playing.
I was constantly running at a loss. I was even waking myself in the middle of the night to send fleets on more expeditions for maximum income.
This way I managed to prevent my supplies from dropping daily by more than about 1200. I started at around 8k fuel and finished with less than a very claustrophobic 2000 left.

I probably repeated the map over 40 times D:
I was cutting corners absolutely everywhere to squeeze out maximum damage while retaining air superiority.

I had one particular Battleship that was for some reason amassing aggro like a madman. Literally dying every single round because everybody was targetting it down... and that in a game where the aggro stat doesn't even exist D: It only went away after I remodelled her...
So after an insane amount of effort I finally beat the boss enough times to claim my prize... with 7 hours left on the event.... on easy mode :giveup:

I don't think I've ever put this amount of effort into a game before. It was honestly refreshing.

Now I'm playing the next map and it's laughably much easier than the previous one D;
I'll probably clear it before the end of the event...

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Last edited by poehalcho on Mon May 18, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:12 am 
Addicted Member

Bookmarked it, will give it a try after a month when i finish exams ^^'

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:57 am 
Elite Member

The Invisible wrote:
Bookmarked it, will give it a try after a month when i finish exams ^^'

If you can, try and get some of your friends involved.
It's one of those games where it's fun to bitch about how you never drop x, or always get y. And since there's a lot of wiki scavenging, it helps to have a few buddies to keep each other informed.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:43 pm 
Addicted Member

Thanks for the tip, but i usually play solo.
I feel like i have to play when i join a guild instead of logging in every once in a while when i want to play or when i am bored.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:10 pm 
Elite Member

The game doesn't really have guild or party features or anything like that.
It's largely a passive game, so you probably wouldn't run into these issues.

It's not like I don't get it though, I usually solo my games too.
I don't enjoy the team experience much from a gameplay perspective, but I like to have people to chat with while I do things. It's just fun to talk about your games when interesting things happen.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:40 pm 
Elite Member

This is kind of glorious...

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:52 pm 
Elite Member

The summer artworks of Tatsuta and Tenryuu
Spoiler!

Also summer event coming up including 5 new ships:
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:277523
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Summer_2015_Event

- Day[9] Daily 337 -