Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Fallout 4
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:12 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Last edited by poehalcho on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: FALLOUT 4 AAAAAAWWW YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:02 am 
Elite Member

Never played any of the Fallouts, but this seems interesting enough to check out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:04 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Fallout games are quite nice.

Fallout 1 and 2 were top-down turnbased RPG's. I haven't played one of those yet, but I have them purchased on steam for when I get a good opportunity.

Fallout 3 and New Vegas differ quite a bit from their predecessors as they were both FPS/RPG hybrids.

The world of fallout is a post-apocalyptic fictional world which split of from our own around the 1960's.
Transistors were never invented so technology developed very differently with things like nuclear power at its core. Computers are still huge and clunky, using command lines and limited to KB's of memory, yet having reached the 2050's somehow more powerful than anything we have at the moment.
The whole game features a 50's inspired retro-futuristic american art style, set (usually) 100+ years after a war where China and America nuked the crap out of each other.
A 'lucky' few were chosen to enter and live in underground vaults in 'safety'. The rest of the land is filled with ghouls, mutated wildlife and a few societies built by survivors of the war.

They're a very unique experience to play, very different take on science fiction than the usual.
Like Skyrim they're those types of games you can easily pour dozens of hours in without even noticing. I've got about 90 hours logged on my save for fallout 3 and that only includes the far shorter time I've spent playing my legally purchased steam version.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:01 pm 
Elite Member

Thanks for the description. I'm probably gonna pick this up way after release from a sale, because as it stands I don't have enough time for all the games I wanna play. I'm still not that far into Bloodborne which is sort of my main thing atm, I haven't had the time to go much further with Dark Souls 2 SotFS edition, and I wanna play more DS1 too, I've bought The Witcher 1 and 2 and probably wanna check out 3 at some point, GTA 5 is still on the list, Cities Skylines, gotta get that Scandinavia DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2, damn I've got a lot of catching up to do.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:58 pm 
Elite Member

I'm thinking of purchasing a new computer soon, so I'll have to try and make sure it'll run the game.

From the looks of it the game is still running on Bethesda's Creation engine which is a modified Gamebryo engine. It's... quite old, so hopefully it won't be 'too' heavy. They've been using it since Morrowind if I'm not mistaken.

I think the game has had a longer development cycle this time around, so hopefully it's received the attention it needs to fix the issues from previous games. Things like the radiant AI which didn't make it into skyrim, the buggyness of the quest, diagonal walk animation.....

For all the immersion Bethesda's games allow, they also release with the type of bugs you'd expect to see in an alpha build... Lets hope they get the mechanics right this time.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:00 pm 
Elite Member

Here's all the stuff from the E3.
It looks so siiiiiick D:

There's also a neat little iOS game called fallout shelter, it's already available.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Last edited by poehalcho on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:17 pm 
Elite Member

Oh I almost forgot, there was some good fallout stuff during the MS conference too!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Post subject: Re: FALLOUT 4 - LAUNCH DATE 10-NOV-2015
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 am 
Addicted Member

I tried the ios fallout app, It isn't bad. It doesn't try to force you to throw money at the game for rushing rooms or the like.

You build more floors to use more dwellers in building even new floors to get more dwellers to send to the wasteland. It feels like a hollow cycle. But the art is nice anyway.

Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 - launching date 10-11-2015
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:50 pm 
Elite Member

System requirements revealed:
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/pr ... 5/10/08/35
Quote:
PC Systems Requirements (Requires Internet Connection and Free Steam Account to Activate)

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Quite a bit of ram even for minimum...

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:52 pm 
Elite Member

Not an abundance of time for this but I'll eventually check it out. I want the next epic elder scrolls more though = /

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:15 pm 
Elite Member

Launch trailer / TV advert

There's also a S.P.E.C.I.A.L. miniseries which I'll post as soon as it's complete.
only the L is left, which will be posted on 23rd if I'm not mistaken. The day the bombs fell in the fallout universe :D

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:05 pm 
Addicted Member

poehalcho wrote:
Launch trailer / TV advert

There's also a S.P.E.C.I.A.L. miniseries which I'll post as soon as it's complete.
only the L is left, which will be posted on 23rd if I'm not mistaken. The day the bombs fell in the fallout universe :D

I thought that was an ad at the beginning then the explosion happened.

Last edited by The Invisible on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:59 pm 
Elite Member

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:14 pm 
Elite Member

THE BOMBS HAVE DROPPED!!
THE BOMBS HAVE DROPPED!!

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

Post subject: Re: Fallout 4 - IT'S HERE!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:27 pm 

Apart from the upcoming star wars movie is this suppose to be one of this year's biggest nerdgasm moment?...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:13 am 
Elite Member

BuDo wrote:
Apart from the upcoming star wars movie is this suppose to be one of this year's biggest nerdgasm moment?...

That would be about right.
A retro-futuristic post-apocalyptic survival treat.

It broke the highest concurrent players on steam record yesterday, kicking GTA5 off the throne :D

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:32 pm 
Elite Member

Want to play but had big exams all this week, dammit.

Anyways done today but will probably will be too tired to play. Friday needs to be scared because the things I will do to it ...

Guild Wars 2, Isle of Janthir (NA)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:05 pm 
Elite Member

I've made up my mind to purchase the new PC around Christmas, So I'll be waiting a little while longer. At least the first few patches will probably have hit by then.

For now I'm playing through fallout 1 as Walt Dueler :D

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:38 pm 

So whats the verdict?....is it as expected?...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:37 pm 
Elite Member

BuDo wrote:
So whats the verdict?....is it as expected?...

More or less.

Similar to Fallout 3, plenty more to do. A fresh new place. A lot of polish on general gameplay (F3/FNV's gunplay was abysmal for instance). Apparently not a whole lot of depth in the writing, but still better than previous games. Somewhat buggy as expected of Bethesda and the game's size.

The people who are disappointed simply had too grand expectations.

Initial scores have been 9/10's across the board. Even if it's that biased by hype, it won't sink much. The game is solid long-lasting fun like any Bethesda product.

Or at least that's what I've come to understand... I haven't played it yet myself.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:42 pm 

I'm seeing small amounts of videos on YouTube claiming it's a disappointment or it sucks and so on and so forth....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:49 am 
Elite Member

BuDo wrote:
I'm seeing small amounts of videos on YouTube claiming it's a disappointment or it sucks and so on and so forth....

Vocal minorities and click-bait titles.
General consensus says the game is plenty an improvement over f3 which was always hailed as a great game.
F4 simply has the same issues every Bethesda game has. It's somewhat buggy (and even then, considerably less than usual), the character writing is meh, the fidelity of the graphics is relatively bad compared to most contemporary games (people especially like going apeshit over this).
The game makes up for it with Stylized graphics and art direction, solid atmosphere, improved gameplay mechanics and just fun in general.

The fallout community has always been kind of split.
One half like F3 and F4 and the other half likes F1, F2 and F:NV.

F1, F2 and F:NV have been made by Interplay Entertainment/Black Isle Studios/Obsidian Entertainment (all more or less the same people) while F3 and F4 have been made by Bethesda Game Studios.

The games by IE/BIS/OE are generally limited in scope, but have strong writing and RPG mechanics. But beyond the character writing, the worlds aren't as atmospheric and pretty boring outside the designated quest areas.

The games by BGS are like polar opposites. The worlds are large and fleshed out with plenty to do anywhere and everywhere you go. Atmosphere is generally great and there's a very strong sense of exploration. But the writing is pretty darned bad and the RPG mechanics feel a little lighter.

Ultimately the people that get kicks out of F:NV with it's character focused writing get bored more quickly of F4, while the people that enjoyed F3 a lot, felt there wasn't much to do and see in F:NV, but are enjoying the crap out of F4 :P

I'm open to any side, so I'm enjoying them all :D

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:33 pm 
Elite Member

I gotta say I'm disappointed, but not completely.

The story is awesome. The gameplay thats been there since Fallout 3 is still awesome. Just wandering around exploring and sneaking, its great. But for an xbox one/ps4 game I expected more than just enhanced textures. Aside from that i'm not sure why its not on 360 >.>.

To me it seems like they didn't put much effort into details and refining stuff. The UI seems the same, even cut short in the dialogue area. The main things I was excited about for it was weapon/armor customizing and base building, but those turned out to be really lacking I would say.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:20 am 
Elite Member

DarkJackal wrote:
The main things I was excited about for it was weapon/armor customizing and base building, but those turned out to be really lacking I would say.

Are they? I've seen people on reddit build some pretty sick bases at least.
For me hearthfire was my favorite DLC in skyrim, so seeing it return with so much freedom in F4 sounded amazing.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:14 pm 
Elite Member

TBH the only reason I'd like to try out FO4 so far is the base building. I didn't really like Hearthfire in Skyrim, it was still really limited, some mods have done much better than that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:40 am 
Elite Member

Sanktum wrote:
TBH the only reason I'd like to try out FO4 so far is the base building. I didn't really like Hearthfire in Skyrim, it was still really limited, some mods have done much better than that.

Even though it was limited, I think that DLC really hit home. Rather than just give you more of the same, of which the game has an abundance of anyway, Hearthfire gave you something new.
You got to hand craft yourself an entire mansion. Even though it was limited and the position of everything was predetermined you were still building it yourself. Collect the materials, choose the wings, build it up slowly. I think that really added a lot. It became a house which you've invested yourself in. Not a 3500 gold Breezehome, but a mansion that you started off from scratch, decorated and filled with belongings, family and personnel. And in beautiful areas no less.

I've got mine right near the swamps north of Morthal. I've always been a fan of swamps in games. There's something mystical about them, more than any other area.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 12:22 am 
Elite Member

So I bought the game last week. I started playing on survival mode but it was just extra bullet sponge mode. Didn't like that too much so I switched to normal. Lucky me, the very next day an update hits.

There's a complete survival mode overhaul and it's super awesome. Rather than bullet sponge it's the opposite. Everyone does extra damage and everyone has low health. There's hunger, thirst, sleep, diseases, adrenaline and the effects are heavy too! I got so thirsty at one point I was losing -8 INT from the debuffs. It's a Farking blast. You can only save by sleeping so you really gotta pick your fights if you don't want to be sent back half an hour. I've never been so terrified of ghouls and I love it. I love it so much.

If you played the game before and you thought it was too simple, try again now. It's a wholly different experience.

I've been playing 40+ hours and I've only managed to clear out the Corvega factory, scout a few areas and reach Diamond City. I'm now slowly pushing my way through The Ghoul-infested Boston ruins on my way to save the Russian dude with Travis from the Radio.

Also the game is freakin beautiful! I know the textures are crappy, and the models pretty low-poly but lets be honest. Bethesda's modifications to the engine are fantastic. The volumetric light looks beautiful and they've refined the style of the game so much it's incomparable to any of the previous entries. Graphical differences between Fallout 3 and Skyrim were damn near unnoticeable whereas Fallout 4 is just worlds apart. Story presentation is also really improved and the writing, though somewhat limited in scope, is higher in quality.

Oh yeah I should also point out the creation kit dropped, so the mods are starting to stream in. For better or for worse this time it works through bethesda's own service, now by the name of Bethesda.net. I'm guessing it's gonna be identical to the steam workshop in it's workings but now they can quality control mods for the consoles.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:17 am 
Hi, I'm New Here

this is actually good.

Last edited by mariamedina on Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:31 am 

8/10 for me, great game, although it does get repetitive sometimes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:07 am 
Elite Member

Just found this and thought I had to share it. It's really sick what this dude managed to create. Sure there's a couple of extra furniture items modded in, but it's not like there's any changes to games default workings. This just goes to show much you can actually achieve with the settlement building!

Honestly, looking at this kind of stuff, as well as just some of the trailers up top, I suddenly realize how little of the game I've even seen yet D:

A 100+ hours in survival mode and my experience has hardly progressed past what I've been doing in Fallout 3 all along.
I've only recently triggered the brotherhood and reached Goodneighbour. I've never flown in a vertibird, called in minutemen for help. I don't have jetpack powerarmor yet.

It kinda just fires me up to play some more :D. Can't wait do some of this cool shit. I've been holing myself up in Diamond city, but the settlement building is super limited in that house.

I need find me a nice lonesome settlement that I can transform into the ultimate homebase. Maybe somewhere near the Glowing Sea, since that's one of my next destinations. I reckon there's not gonna be too many beds to save my progress over there...

- Day[9] Daily 337 -