Silkroad Online Forums

A community forum for the free online game Silkroad Online. Discuss Silkroad Online, read up on guides, and build your character and skills.

Faq Search Members Chat  Register Profile Login

All times are UTC

Post subject: Horizon Zero Dawn
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:30 am 

My god this game looks amazing. I hope it's good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-FCsiF5x4 Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE Trailer with some gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Xx3MdqdgM More gameplay

Post subject: Re: Horizon Zero Dawn
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:32 pm 
Hi, I'm New Here

Thanks for sharing, tho in recent years I saw too many games that look, well...too good.

Post subject: Re: Horizon Zero Dawn
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:05 pm 
Elite Member

Location: ┌(╬ಠ益ಠ)╯( ̄ー ̄)(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・✧(╯°Д°)╯彡┻━┻ψ(`∇´)ψ(☞゚∀゚)☞¯\_(ツ)_/¯ლ(ಥ益ಥლ)ԅ༼ ◔ڡ◔༽งヽ༼ʘ̚ل͜ʘ̚༽ノᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I like to think I'm good at judging the quality of games from these kinds of demo's.

The setting is neat, but the gameplay seems like every other open world action survival game. To top it off, that purely bow reliant ranged combat looks like it's going to get a bit tiresome pretty quickly.

In these demo's I'm noticing a lot of weird dialog bits that I can't imagine are actually going to be left in there. The game will have to be extremely good at reading the player's mind if those are to actually remain applicable. And to be honest they kind of remind of all those terrible ubisoft E3 stage demo's with awkward roleplayers trying to sound like they're having a whale of a time.

It's not gonna be a bad game, just not going to come close to the hype. It'll be a respectable action game with survival elements, somewhat akin to the Far Cry series, with a really neat aesthetic I think. It'll also likely not be a game with a lot of depth from a mechanical perspective.

If you don't want to be disappointed you had best erase that second videos completely from your memory, because you can already tell from the 3rd video that the game is no longer anything like it. 2015 was a long time ago in video game land.

- Day[9] Daily 337 -